Netgear N600 DGND3700

Netgear N600 DGND3700

Rock solid, can't fault it.

This does everything you want from an ADSL WiFi modem. I have had mine for a few years and it never missed a beat. It's very easy to administer via the wifi network and has a pretty strong signal anywhere in the house. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a solid wifi modem.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Solid

Easy to install, solid, functional enough for all but the most demanding users. This covers every room in the house and i can even share the guest network to the neighbours (lol). With competitive price and good range. Install, set it up, and you'll never have to think about it again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great WiFi modem

Good and stable. WiFi range excellent. Never had an issue so far since installation 8 months ago. Easy set up and clear manual guide. You could download firmware update on the official web site. One push set up worked perfectly. 5GHz range got 100Mps speed on testing. Highly recommend. Shop best price by comparison sites online before buying.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Reliable!

Had it for 7 months now. Easy to install and use. So far, it is working really well. No problem with the connection even after being knocked over twice and off the bench by little nephew and still working well. Giving good signal all around our 2 storey town house.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great for Two-storey apartments/houses

Moving into a two-storey apartments came with a few flaws, especially when it came to the wifi. As the Wifi was located upstairs (only place we could hook it up) our old modem wouldn't reach the bottom two bedrooms. Once that died we looked at getting a new one and were told of how great this model is. We were lucky to get it at a great price in JBHIFI. Hooking it up was so easy and was all ready to go within minutes! It reaches the downstairs area perfectly (may drop one bar) but does the job well. Only downfall of it is when we have over 6 devices connected and using the internet, it will sometimes drop out.

Reliable,delivers the goods

Very good device. Excellent user interface with all the information you need regarding connectivity and line speeds. Good instructions come with device. Never had any trouble with it. Easy to install. Good techical support support on the only occasiion that i needed it for a technical issue (not a fault). Would recommend it to all users

Date PurchasedJun 2015

love my router

I had my router for years now, never had an issue with it. Looks very stylish in my opinion. Very clear lightning with logos so easy to till if certain function aren't working. e.g going red or green. Will continue to use this router, nothing wrong with it. thank you.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Excellent!

We had a tp link modem last year and it didn't even last one year.so we got a netgear one from office works,it's so much better than the tp link and a lot quicker too.i will be buying the netgear in the future.and I recommend it to all my friends and family.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Stable connection and good wifi range.

Three years on and still going strong. No complaint for general web surfing. Hardly ever need a reboot.
Con: Cannot get it to work properly for video streaming with an attached USB HDD, result video is choppy & audio out of sync. FTP sharing function also not reliable even with the latest firmware update.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Great product & very reliable

Overall it is a great wireless modern. My house is double storage and it covers all areas without any black spot. Very reliable as well. It's running without any issue for months and you don't need to reboot it or anything. Great file sharing feature which is very handy when you got multiple laptops, tablets etc.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great choice!

I've never had an issue with it besides the time when I bricked the router during a software update. After googling for solutions, there was a utility that allowed me to reset the firmware externally which fixed the brick. Ever since then, no issues. The included UI for the default gateway is pretty nice which I like.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Was great while it worked, unfortunately died

Initially, this was a greater device, which I was happy with gaming too. Reliable, easy to set up and modify settings. Good signal reception too. Unfortunately it suddenly stopped working after 2 years, which I thought was a little early, and was out of warranty by then. Upgraded to a TP Link, which was I was very happy with.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

good choice for a price

Excellent performance results upon operation with PPTP, Used traffic meter, IPv6 support, Ability to select USB devices which are to be granted access to the device, Support of two wireless frequency ranges, Presence of a USB 2.0 port.
It has two uplinks, one for ADSL and another one - general CAT5-6 cable so it can be used for NBN connection as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great modem for a decent price

I have had this modem for over a year and really cannot complain. It doesn't have the best range but it was cheap and I do not regret purchasing. As an upside however; it only very rarely stops working. In the year I've had it, I have only needed to reset it maybe 5 times.

2 years of trouble

Drops all lights like a reset for no reason, 2.4g wifi has a range of 3 metres then greatly decreases even in a straight line with no obstacles. Sometimes the Ipad can't get a connection from 2 metres away. Heap of junk which I regret buying in 2014. Jeff

Buy netgear if you're not a parent

Buy a netgear router/modem as it does not drop out. Here comes the but... Not if you are a parent and you want to control access to multiple devices based on time schedule. I have teenagers who want to stay online all night. You cannot set time limits for multiple devices on different days. You can lock out wifi devices completely but not if they are on LAN. Parental control is very limited and a pain to set up via an open dns. There is only two solutions 1. Lock up the modem before you go to bed or 2. Buy another brand. There is an easy solution update the firmware when NG manage to write a simple code to schedule devices nased on MAC address. All other brands have this capability but NG. I suggest don't hold out for this solution. I should have done more research. Now have to buy new modem to regain control.

Router good but bad warranty customer support. Under warranty why should the consumer pay for warran

After Telstra reestablished my line service fault my internet became unconnected. My Internet Provider suggested to ring Netgear customer support and after dialling Aust. Post-Sales: 1300-361-254 I was transferred to an Indian support service that tried to set up an maintenance agreement service!

Therefore why should consumers pay for warranty repairs/checks before the consumers can even get support, e.g. for a non user fault, but a warranty fault.

If I had hair I would pull it out!

Constant dropouts, no useful help and very expensive for what you get.
I thought it might be me but after reading other contributions I am of to the store for an alternative.

Just don't buy !

Lasted only a month and dead. Have to fight to get warranty with customer service centre in Philippines, still waiting. I'll never ever buy anything from Netgear.

Waste of Money

If you're looking to take advantage of the fantastic speeds offered by 5G, DON'T bother with this router unless you live in a tent.
One brick wall in the way, and the 5G is useless.

The lack of decent management software is also a major PITA.

Also requires frequent rebooting, which is archaically slow.

5g is useless, software is useless

Is DGND3700 router suitable for nbn?

Just purchased the net gear n600 (dgnd3700 ). How can i tell if its v1 or v2 model as it says nothing on the packaging. Bought from PCM world.
on the brochure in the box mine actually says version 3 which is the GNU general public licene

Does this modem/ router support PPPoE?
Yes it does. PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet) OR PPPoA (PPP over ATM) Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login? Select this option based on the type of account you have with your ISP. If you need to enter login information every time you connect to the Internet or you have a PPPoE account with your ISP, select Yes. Otherwise, select No. Note: If you have installed PPP software such as WinPoET (from Earthlink) or Enternet (from PacBell), then you have PPPoE. Select Yes. After selecting Yes and configuring your Router, you will not need to run the PPP software on your PC to connect to the Internet. Encapsulation Select the service provided by your ISP. PPPoE is the most common.pretty sure all newer modems do. by the way they are on sale at umart for $175

N600 DGND3700