Netgear Orbi

Netgear Orbi

MPN: 36525853

4.3

• Number of Connected Devices 13.733 devices (15)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
sacd

sacdSydney, NSW

Very reliable however units quite physical big

Using the RBR50 + Satellite was by far the best wifi solution I’ve had for our large 2 story home. Nothing else was ever as reliable for speed and connection. The remote management tool for iPhone is fantastic - really good if you’re having to help less techy family members remotely. You can even turn individual devices off that are accessing the wifi.

It’s certainly expensive and the units are quite physically big. But it works! Not a single hiccup in a year.

Ps oddly both the satellite and base ended up quite close to each other to get the best result - maybe 15m away. I was expecting they would need to be far apart to work best, but somehow it does the job!

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$500.00.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices

Geoff CostelloPerth, WA

Capable and Flexible, can be complex to setup

Purchased in June 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for A$499.00.

Number of Connected Devices 30 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent!

I needed a mesh router and decided for Orbi RBK50 mostly because the dedicated backhaul(wireless or wired). This is the key difference with other products like Nest Wifi. In my case the Orbi router is in the garage while the satellite is upstairs connected by wire. It's enough to cover a 36 squares house with 5Ghz WiFi. Also wifi extends outdoor with no problem using the 2.4Ghz. On Amazon I also found wall brackets for it.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$538.00.

ISPTPG Broadband NBN 100
ModemNetgear Orbi

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

RBK50 took us From 22mbps to 48mbps on a NBN50 plan

Before we got the orbi we just used our Exetel supplies modem. We always had issues with drop outs and speed. Never approached anywhere near the 50mbps on wifi.

We got the orbi RBK50 kit for $508 as it had been opened previously and wasn’t “fresh” stock. Once home I used the satellite to link our tv PS4 and Apple TV into the satellite. This improved out Netflix and gaming issues.

All other devices on wifi now have great coverage in the house and routinely get 45+mbps on wifi. Game devices (PS4, switch) have much improved pings also.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks for A$508.00.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPExetel NBN 50 (Standard Plus)
ModemNetgear Orbi
VV

VVMelbourne

Awesome product Orbi RBK50 + Satellite

I replaced the standard Sagemcom F@st 3864 v3 supplied with Optus NBN with Netgear Orbi RBK50 + 1 Satellite unit. Never had any problems; easy setup, fast speeds, instant connection, awesome wireless range. Very happy with the quality and overall product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPOptus Broadband NBN 100 (Speed Pack 4)
Squirrel

Squirrel

Unreliable, unstable and tedious

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for A$499.00.

Number of Connected Devices 20 devices
Tamara E.

Tamara E.

Orbi RBK50 + 1 Satelite provides seamless coverage for a family in highset home

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$455.00.

Number of Connected Devices 21 devices
Briscoe

Briscoe

Brilliant speed

Sensational performance. Had NBN it in on the highest speed tier available for HFC. Have the Orbi router at the back of the house and the satellite at the front. I’m getting close to 100mb in e be my room of a single story 5 bedroom house, and also from the footpath at the front of my house...

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

Happy customer

Happy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect solution to better coverage and good speed

So happy I bought the netgear Orbi. I live in a long narrow townhouse where the internet port is at the rear of the house. I now have full coverage upstairs, at the front of the house and in the yard. I have one Orbi router and two satellites. Probably overkill but it works so well. Speeds are now 5 times faster. That’s right, before was 8Mbps, now I am consistently getting 47Mbps. Very easy to set up with the app. Highly recommend. Expensive but worth every dollar.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
ISPTPG Broadband NBN
ModemTP-Link Archer VR1600v

Jimmy

JimmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent wifi - Very happy with purchase - Ethernet Backhaul is great

Purchased in November 2019 at Umart Online for A$289.00.

ISPOptus Broadband Cable

Marc

When stable works well, firmware upgrades done badly

Have the orbi rbr50 and 2 satellites. It has improved the wifi coverage in my home (and outdoors area) significantly. With 2 teenagers and 2 adults, the complaining about slow wifi and disconnecting from the internet disappeared. When everything is stable it all works very well. Have had one firmware update in the 1.5 month period I owned it. Required a full factory reset and re-pairing of satellites to get everything up again. That was painful and should not be required. All in all I still feel Im in a better place than before buying.

Purchased in October 2019.

Number of Connected Devices 25 devices
Alex

Alex

Terrible connectivity, software updates a nightmare

The connectivity between the satellites s and the router are terrible, we have two that are less than 5 metres apart, line of sight down a set of stairs yet we constantly loose connection. Constant drop outs, very frustrating

Purchased in September 2018.

Joanne

JoanneSydney, NSW

Absolutely love my Orbi

Best decision ever to buy the Orbi. Having a large, double brick house, getting wifi in every room was hard. Over the years we tried many things, but nothing worked in every room.
That was until we bought the Orbi, we now have perfect reception in every room. It’s fast, never drops out and was so easy to set up.
It wasn’t cheap, but it was so worth it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

ISPTelstra Broadband NBN 50 (Unlimited)
ModemTelstra Gateway Max
Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Wanted one for ages and not disappointed

I've wanted one of these for ages. I ended up buying for my work when we got NBN. We are using hard wire ethernet to connect the two units. It didn't seem to work well using radio between the two. Setup was a bit fiddly. Performance now set up is great

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for A$449.00.

ISPAussie Broadband NBN
Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Netgear Orbi RBK50-100 Tri-band wifi satellite and extender

100% recommend this product. It is worth every cent. Doubled MBPS throughout house (close to 100MBPS), the set up was a little fiddly, we have pretty good IT knowledge. Once connected all devices switched over. Without the Orbi internet speed was intermittent. We run off NBN (was better on Cable). Purchased from JBHiFi in Prahran, female consultant very knowledgable about product. Thank you

Purchased in June 2019 for A$499.00.

ISPOptus Broadband NBN

Rod Brown

Rod BrownSydney, NSW

Finally full coverage

This has finally solved all of the coverage issues we were experiencing with a single WiFi solution. It was easy to set up but be aware it doesn't include a modem so turned my old WiFi Modem/Router into a modem only and connected up the Orbi.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco.

Number of Connected Devices 20 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN
ModemASUS AC1900 DSL-AC68U
Brian

BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I have ever bought.

Thanks to orbi I now have i internet throughout the whole house and also outside where i previously could not get any internet. Can definitley recommend this to anybody who has problems with wifi distance.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for A$450.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
ISPiiNet NBN 12
Robin

Robin

Speed is excellent

I bought one base + one satellite a couple of months ago. Easy to setup. I just follow the manual and complete setup in minutes. (Probably because I'm an IT engineer) It provides mesh network and the speed of online surfing, streaming is good. But the coverage is not as good as it advertised. I have a room 2 walls behind the base. Sometimes, I can't get connected to the WIFI in that room. And it's too expensive.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jeff

JeffNew South Wales

Great for very large houses

Date PurchasedOct 2018
priceless21

priceless21South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant, the difference is staggering

We linked up to the NBN and the internet speeds were TERRIBLE! 0.5 - 5.7mbs on a good day using Netgear's earlier system. It dropped out regularly too requiring us to reboot the modem. We even had a tech guy come out and try and tweek it but to no avail.
We upgraded to the Orbi Netgear system and BOOM the speeds went up to to over 30mbs!!! I can't rave enough about it. - we had 2 extenders included for a our large house. Expensive but worth every penny.
Easy to install, zero dropouts and copes well with multiple users too.
Don't waste your money on cheaper systems. You have to get this system. You will not regret it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018