Netgear Orbi

Netgear Orbi

MPN: 36525853

Pros

• Fast, stable connection

• Far-reaching, consistent coverage

• Simple to remotely manage

• Number of Connected Devices 14.235 devices
  • Ease of Setup
  • Reliability
  • Wi-Fi Range
David M.

David M.Hunter Region, NSW

Do Not Buy, Causes more issues than it solves

The fact that you cannot turn off the 5ghzt network means you are unable to connect to many smart devices. This makes the orbi unusable in a lot of instances.

Purchased for $700.00.

Rob F.

Rob F.Canberra 2600, ACT

A good product until you want to use the features most purchase it for.

B Dyson

B DysonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Netgear Orbi RBR10 (router + 2 satellites)

Usually networking stuff is tricky and you hit headaches in setup. I found this brilliant in comparison. This model just hooks into your existing modem, runs through an easy configuration setup and away you go.
I’ve purchased network extenders before that I would have sworn were just an LED inside an empty box (ie they didn’t help coverage at all) but after a number of years my whole family is finally wrapped with the result.
I can’t give this product a bigger rap than just saying it’s easy & it works.

Purchased in January 2021.

sacd

sacdSydney, NSW

Very reliable however units quite physical big

Using the RBR50 + Satellite was by far the best wifi solution I’ve had for our large 2 story home. Nothing else was ever as reliable for speed and connection. The remote management tool for iPhone is fantastic - really good if you’re having to help less techy family members remotely. You can even turn individual devices off that are accessing the wifi.

It’s certainly expensive and the units are quite physically big. But it works! Not a single hiccup in a year.

Ps oddly both the satellite and base ended up quite close to each other to get the best result - maybe 15m away. I was expecting they would need to be far apart to work best, but somehow it does the job!

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $500.00.

Geoff CostelloPerth, WA

Capable and Flexible, can be complex to setup

Purchased in June 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $499.00.

Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent!

I needed a mesh router and decided for Orbi RBK50 mostly because the dedicated backhaul(wireless or wired). This is the key difference with other products like Nest Wifi. In my case the Orbi router is in the garage while the satellite is upstairs connected by wire. It's enough to cover a 36 squares house with 5Ghz WiFi. Also wifi extends outdoor with no problem using the 2.4Ghz. On Amazon I also found wall brackets for it.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $538.00.

Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

RBK50 took us From 22mbps to 48mbps on a NBN50 plan

Before we got the orbi we just used our Exetel supplies modem. We always had issues with drop outs and speed. Never approached anywhere near the 50mbps on wifi.

We got the orbi RBK50 kit for $508 as it had been opened previously and wasn’t “fresh” stock. Once home I used the satellite to link our tv PS4 and Apple TV into the satellite. This improved out Netflix and gaming issues.

All other devices on wifi now have great coverage in the house and routinely get 45+mbps on wifi. Game devices (PS4, switch) have much improved pings also.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks for $508.00.

VV

VVMelbourne

Awesome product Orbi RBK50 + Satellite

I replaced the standard Sagemcom F@st 3864 v3 supplied with Optus NBN with Netgear Orbi RBK50 + 1 Satellite unit. Never had any problems; easy setup, fast speeds, instant connection, awesome wireless range. Very happy with the quality and overall product.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks.

Squirrel

Squirrel

Unreliable, unstable and tedious

Purchased in May 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $499.00.

Tamara E.

Tamara E.

Orbi RBK50 + 1 Satelite provides seamless coverage for a family in highset home

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $455.00.

Briscoe

Briscoe

Brilliant speed

Sensational performance. Had NBN it in on the highest speed tier available for HFC. Have the Orbi router at the back of the house and the satellite at the front. I’m getting close to 100mb in e be my room of a single story 5 bedroom house, and also from the footpath at the front of my house...

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi.

Happy customer

Happy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect solution to better coverage and good speed

So happy I bought the netgear Orbi. I live in a long narrow townhouse where the internet port is at the rear of the house. I now have full coverage upstairs, at the front of the house and in the yard. I have one Orbi router and two satellites. Probably overkill but it works so well. Speeds are now 5 times faster. That’s right, before was 8Mbps, now I am consistently getting 47Mbps. Very easy to set up with the app. Highly recommend. Expensive but worth every dollar.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Jimmy

JimmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent wifi - Very happy with purchase - Ethernet Backhaul is great

Purchased in November 2019 at Umart Online for $289.00.

Marc

When stable works well, firmware upgrades done badly

Have the orbi rbr50 and 2 satellites. It has improved the wifi coverage in my home (and outdoors area) significantly. With 2 teenagers and 2 adults, the complaining about slow wifi and disconnecting from the internet disappeared. When everything is stable it all works very well. Have had one firmware update in the 1.5 month period I owned it. Required a full factory reset and re-pairing of satellites to get everything up again. That was painful and should not be required. All in all I still feel Im in a better place than before buying.

Purchased in October 2019.

Alex

Alex

Terrible connectivity, software updates a nightmare

The connectivity between the satellites s and the router are terrible, we have two that are less than 5 metres apart, line of sight down a set of stairs yet we constantly loose connection. Constant drop outs, very frustrating

Purchased in September 2018.

Joanne

JoanneSydney, NSW

Absolutely love my Orbi

Best decision ever to buy the Orbi. Having a large, double brick house, getting wifi in every room was hard. Over the years we tried many things, but nothing worked in every room.
That was until we bought the Orbi, we now have perfect reception in every room. It’s fast, never drops out and was so easy to set up.
It wasn’t cheap, but it was so worth it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Wanted one for ages and not disappointed

I've wanted one of these for ages. I ended up buying for my work when we got NBN. We are using hard wire ethernet to connect the two units. It didn't seem to work well using radio between the two. Setup was a bit fiddly. Performance now set up is great

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $449.00.

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Netgear Orbi RBK50-100 Tri-band wifi satellite and extender

100% recommend this product. It is worth every cent. Doubled MBPS throughout house (close to 100MBPS), the set up was a little fiddly, we have pretty good IT knowledge. Once connected all devices switched over. Without the Orbi internet speed was intermittent. We run off NBN (was better on Cable). Purchased from JBHiFi in Prahran, female consultant very knowledgable about product. Thank you

Purchased in June 2019 for $499.00.

Rod Brown

Rod BrownSydney, NSW

Finally full coverage

This has finally solved all of the coverage issues we were experiencing with a single WiFi solution. It was easy to set up but be aware it doesn't include a modem so turned my old WiFi Modem/Router into a modem only and connected up the Orbi.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco.

Brian

BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I have ever bought.

Thanks to orbi I now have i internet throughout the whole house and also outside where i previously could not get any internet. Can definitley recommend this to anybody who has problems with wifi distance.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $450.00.

bretta

brettaasked

Hi, I have a fibre connection at home, with a Tp-link Archer C7 modem/router, how do i connect up a Orbi RBK50 2pc set to it? Do i have to disable the 2 and 5 ghz wireless connection on the C7? Thanks.

Geoff Costello

If you gave Fibre to the premises NBN, that has an Ethernet port in the house. So it’s Easiest to replace the Archer C7 with the Orbi Router, otherwise the two wifi setups will fight and you will have two routers back to back.

Debbie T.

Debbie T.asked

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mobile internet hotspot device (don't know what it's really called). I travel permently so fixed line no good. Need to attach several devices (5 give or take). What would you suggest I buy? 1. Mobile
2. Best reception
3. High speed
4. Can connect with Galaxy 9 & Xbox & Microsoft laptop & iPhone.
5. Telstra internet
I'm really lost and need your advice. Thanks

hawk C.

hawk C.asked

i have Orbi and have just switched to Foxtel, but it doesn't seem to work

Features:

• Netgear’s Orbi uses tri-band mesh WiFi technology, giving you the fastest available internet speeds on all devices.
  • Netgear advertises the Orbi as providing you with steady WiFi that doesn’t leave you walking around the house looking for a reliable internet connection.
  • You can easily set up and manage your Orbi via a mobile app.
  • Parental controls let you filter content and manage the screen time of your kids, giving you peace of mind that they’re safely browsing.
  • It features Netgear’s Armor built-in anti-virus and data theft protection, so you know your data is secure and you’re protected from cyber threats.
  • You can buy an Orbi that suits the size of your home, so you’re not paying for a range you don’t need. You can also buy add-ons to expand the range - a great option if you’re planning on moving around a bit.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said that setting up the Orbi went without a hitch, and that it was simple to remotely manage the system on their phones.
  • They reported that their internet speed was excellent and stable.
  • Most of them also said that it had far-reaching and consistent coverage.
  • Some gaming reviewers noted that they had improved pings when using the Orbi.
CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesMesh Compatible and Mobile App Control