12Netgear Orbi

AX6000 WiFi Mesh System
Daniel d.
Daniel d.South East Queensland, QLD
  Verified AXE11000 Mesh WiFi System

Netgear worse products on the market

One star is even too much for NETGEAR!!
I purchased the system last year and ever since then I had nothing but on going mesh system wifi drop outs. Very Poor customer service and on top of all that they charged my credit card for an ARMOR Service which I never requested or even authorised for!!
I am happy to pay premium price for a premium product BUT I cannot justify paying a premium price for below average products.
Don't waste your money! Do your research before you buy! And research the reviews online!
I was going to spend a few more thousand dollars for Office and warehouse!! Luckily I didn't!!
My biggest mistake Show details
wcochrane
wcochraneSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Didn't Work from day 1

I paid a fair amount of money for this setup, from day 1 it has not worked, the 2 satellites stay at status of not synced - I have spent over 8 hours on the phone to the Netgear experts who can not fix the problem. Every time I ring I get someone new who wants to trouble shoot, these things have been reset and mucked around with at least 8 times, they do not work - I am currently on hold with them again after demanding a replacement - all they want to do is trouble shoot again and again - I have read of others having the same issue - I will not be buying a Netgear Orbi set up again and would advise others to stay clear Show details
Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.Richmond-Tweed, NSW
  Fair Incentive AC3000 Mesh WiFi System

DO NOT BUY NETGEAR ORBI

Hours and days wasted on the phone with Netgear technicians to try and get the router to connect to our NBN NTD. Seriously the biggest waste of time. Days later it finally connected but then proceeded to lose the wifi connection every 30 minutes/60 minutes.

On my 5th support call, the technician said that he has been through all the troubleshooting and couldn't fix it as the router is faulty - which is what I said days ago. But it's out of warranty so my only option is to buy another one.

My advice and the advice from others leaving review is DO NOT BUY NETGEAR ORBI unless you feel like wasting hours of your time. Show details

Ian B
Ian BSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  AC3000 Mesh WiFi System

Worst system I can imagine

Have had this system for over 3 years, worked well first 6 months, then satellites kept going of line, sometimes only hours after being reset. Then satellite range for signal seemed to shrink. After money invested I got more satellites, same problem after 3 months. Now all have fallen over and the last satellites are not even a month old. Show details
Joel M.
Joel M.7 posts

If it works, great

A firmware update or similar can knock out the satellites. This means hours of resets. Too risky for business use Show details
smurfergirl
smurfergirlVictoria, 397720 posts

Orbi RBR850 Pathetic Device

Spent around $1000 to buy a Orbi Router and Satellite. The connection keeps dropping and the support is just bad. They just have around 3 months of support service which is not enough. When tried reaching their support team to sort out the issue they keep saying nothing wrong with the device and push you buy the water toy for 3 months which is around $100. DON’T BUY THIS PRODUCT. There are better mesh network availability in the market. Show details
Lucy S.
Lucy S.
  AX6000 Mesh WiFi System

I will never again buy a Netgear product!

I will never again buy a Netgear product. I rang about an issue with my Orbi which was just outside of warranty by one month and they made me buy a 3 month support package where I call almost daily for over a month to try to resolve my issue with the router to no avail. They then promised to send me a new Orbi after we had exhausted all troubleshooting options but now after 8 months of waiting as they alledged to have not stock, they have closed my case with no apology or recourse. WARNING: Please think twice about purchasing a Netgear product as they will not provide you with any type of support or assistance and do not honour their promises.
Robertb
Robertb12 posts

Great coverage

I live in a house with 4 levels. I previously had a Google nest modem router, which only provided marginal (at best) wifi on the top floor, so my phone and laptop kept dropping out. The single Orbi unit (RBR350) supplies full strength Wifi and Im really pleased with it so far Show details
Nick Keller
Nick KellerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Power outage, always problems

I bought 1 router and 2 satellite orbi system. I want to use the mesh wifi in Access Point mode. When ever I lose power. I lose control of all my lights everything. It is always a hassle to get it back up. For some reason, everytime, i need to put the Orbi in Router mode. Then back to AP mode. As my pc is wired not to the Orbi it is always annoying. Netgear also give no support 3 months after you have bought your device. 3 months... after that I need to rely on the community to help me. (The community won't be issuing new firmware to repair this problem). I wish I bought a dedicated access point setup. I am over it and want to sell them. Show details
Skillweaver
  AC3000 Mesh WiFi System

Headaches and nightmares

Expensive
Limited 90 day support.
You have to pay for support after 90 days.
This is unacceptable for such an expensive product
My App and web interface show zero devices connected when there are at least 15.
Devices slowly disappeared over time.
At least they are still connected.
Difficult to connect new devices.
Parental control which you have to subscribe to and pay for is a waste of time and money.
Looks good, performs well when running correctly.
Trouble is that all was well for a short period of time before troubles began.
The only recommendation that I can give to a prospective purchaser is to avoid Show details
RiRo
RiRoSydney, NSW5 posts
  AX6000 WiFi Mesh System

Router / Modem have manufacturing fault - Breach of consumer guarantee

Netgear products are not so bad but Netgear CC is worst than Kogan customer care, Online chat box does not allow to connect to Agent, Phone care is almost 1hr 20 min wait and no call back in case of call drop (you can imagine the frustration to dial again), If you can imagine the worst customer care you have come across than try this and plz reply to my comment if you find any other company :), I wish we have customer care awards like oscars ;) it will be great to see netgear runner up for worst CC. Show details
Ish k
Ish k

Useless product

No internet connection while setup. There is internet from ISP and fibre.

Gisbornecherries
Gisbornecherries · Orbi

Internet speeds here are poor 0.1 to 2 mbps. We use a nighthawk m2 modem. It is the only way we can access the internet here. An Orbi 4GX router with satelite has been sugested as a possible solution to faster internet speeds. I am doubtful because I think the problem is with the overloaded tower. Can any one shed further light on this please.

John
John

first test your 4g speed with a 4g phone

Dave P.
Dave P.

Orbi or any similar semi mesh system won't improve your internet speeds. These are determined by your connection to your RSP. It's a wifi solution which might help fix dead spots within your home.

bretta
bretta · Orbi

Hi, I have a fibre connection at home, with a Tp-link Archer C7 modem/router, how do i connect up a Orbi RBK50 2pc set to it? Do i have to disable the 2 and 5 ghz wireless connection on the C7? Thanks.

Geoff Costello
Geoff Costello

If you gave Fibre to the premises NBN, that has an Ethernet port in the house. So it’s Easiest to replace the Archer C7 with the Orbi Router, otherwise the two wifi setups will fight and you will have two routers back to back.

Debbie T.
Debbie T. · Orbi

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a mobile internet hotspot device (don't know what it's really called). I travel permently so fixed line no good. Need to attach several devices (5 give or take). What would you suggest I buy? 1. Mobile
2. Best reception
3. High speed
4. Can connect with Galaxy 9 & Xbox & Microsoft laptop & iPhone.
5. Telstra internet
I'm really lost and need your advice. Thanks

Features:

• Netgear’s Orbi uses tri-band mesh WiFi technology, giving you the fastest available internet speeds on all devices.
  • Netgear advertises the Orbi as providing you with steady WiFi that doesn’t leave you walking around the house looking for a reliable internet connection.
  • You can easily set up and manage your Orbi via a mobile app.
  • Parental controls let you filter content and manage the screen time of your kids, giving you peace of mind that they’re safely browsing.
  • It features Netgear’s Armor built-in anti-virus and data theft protection, so you know your data is secure and you’re protected from cyber threats.
  • You can buy an Orbi that suits the size of your home, so you’re not paying for a range you don’t need. You can also buy add-ons to expand the range - a great option if you’re planning on moving around a bit.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers said that setting up the Orbi went without a hitch, and that it was simple to remotely manage the system on their phones.
  • They reported that their internet speed was excellent and stable.
  • Most of them also said that it had far-reaching and consistent coverage.
  • Some gaming reviewers noted that they had improved pings when using the Orbi.
Compare all Netgear Orbi listings
CategoryRouters and ModemsRouters and ModemsRouters and ModemsRouters and Modems
Price (RRP) $649
Frequency BandTri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)Tri-Band (2.4GHz, 2 x 5GHz)
FeaturesMesh Compatible and Mobile App ControlMesh Compatible, Mobile App Control and Parental ControlsMesh Compatible and Mobile App ControlMesh Compatible, Mobile App Control and Parental Controls
Number of Ethernet Ports4
Wi-Fi Standard802.11 a, 802.11 ac, 802.11 ax, 802.11 b, 802.11 g and 802.11 n
Number of USB 2.0 Ports4
Number of USB 3.0 Ports4
Smart Home CompatibilityAmazon Alexa and Google AssistantAmazon Alexa and Google AssistantAmazon Alexa and Google AssistantAmazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Dimensions 203.2 x 162.56 x 78.74 mm
Weight0.88 kg
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
ManualDownload manual, manual 2, manual 3 and manual 4Download manualDownload manual, manual 2, manual 3, manual 4, manual 5 and manual 6Download manual and manual 2