Netgear Orbi

Netgear Orbi

MPN: 36525853

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jimmy

JimmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent wifi - Very happy with purchase - Ethernet Backhaul is great

Purchased in November 2019 at Umart Online for $289.00.

ISPOptus Broadband Cable

Marc

Marc

When stable works well, firmware upgrades done badly

Have the orbi rbr50 and 2 satellites. It has improved the wifi coverage in my home (and outdoors area) significantly. With 2 teenagers and 2 adults, the complaining about slow wifi and disconnecting from the internet disappeared. When everything is stable it all works very well. Have had one firmware update in the 1.5 month period I owned it. Required a full factory reset and re-pairing of satellites to get everything up again. That was painful and should not be required. All in all I still feel Im in a better place than before buying.

Purchased in October 2019.

Number of Connected Devices 25 devices
Alex

Alex

Terrible connectivity, software updates a nightmare

The connectivity between the satellites s and the router are terrible, we have two that are less than 5 metres apart, line of sight down a set of stairs yet we constantly loose connection. Constant drop outs, very frustrating

Purchased in September 2018.

Joanne

JoanneSydney, NSW

Absolutely love my Orbi

Best decision ever to buy the Orbi. Having a large, double brick house, getting wifi in every room was hard. Over the years we tried many things, but nothing worked in every room.
That was until we bought the Orbi, we now have perfect reception in every room. It’s fast, never drops out and was so easy to set up.
It wasn’t cheap, but it was so worth it.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

ISPTelstra Broadband NBN 50 (Unlimited)
ModemTelstra Gateway Max

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Wanted one for ages and not disappointed

I've wanted one of these for ages. I ended up buying for my work when we got NBN. We are using hard wire ethernet to connect the two units. It didn't seem to work well using radio between the two. Setup was a bit fiddly. Performance now set up is great

Purchased in April 2019 at eBay for $449.00.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Netgear Orbi RBK50-100 Tri-band wifi satellite and extender

100% recommend this product. It is worth every cent. Doubled MBPS throughout house (close to 100MBPS), the set up was a little fiddly, we have pretty good IT knowledge. Once connected all devices switched over. Without the Orbi internet speed was intermittent. We run off NBN (was better on Cable). Purchased from JBHiFi in Prahran, female consultant very knowledgable about product. Thank you

Purchased in June 2019 for $499.00.

ISPOptus Broadband NBN

Rod Brown

Rod BrownSydney, NSW

Finally full coverage

This has finally solved all of the coverage issues we were experiencing with a single WiFi solution. It was easy to set up but be aware it doesn't include a modem so turned my old WiFi Modem/Router into a modem only and connected up the Orbi.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco.

Number of Connected Devices 20 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN
ModemASUS AC1900 DSL-AC68U

Brian

BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I have ever bought.

Thanks to orbi I now have i internet throughout the whole house and also outside where i previously could not get any internet. Can definitley recommend this to anybody who has problems with wifi distance.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $450.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
ISPiiNet NBN 12
Robin

Robin

Speed is excellent

I bought one base + one satellite a couple of months ago. Easy to setup. I just follow the manual and complete setup in minutes. (Probably because I'm an IT engineer) It provides mesh network and the speed of online surfing, streaming is good. But the coverage is not as good as it advertised. I have a room 2 walls behind the base. Sometimes, I can't get connected to the WIFI in that room. And it's too expensive.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jeff

JeffNew South Wales

Great for very large houses

Date PurchasedOct 2018

priceless21

priceless21South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant, the difference is staggering

We linked up to the NBN and the internet speeds were TERRIBLE! 0.5 - 5.7mbs on a good day using Netgear's earlier system. It dropped out regularly too requiring us to reboot the modem. We even had a tech guy come out and try and tweek it but to no avail.
We upgraded to the Orbi Netgear system and BOOM the speeds went up to to over 30mbs!!! I can't rave enough about it. - we had 2 extenders included for a our large house. Expensive but worth every penny.
Easy to install, zero dropouts and copes well with multiple users too.
Don't waste your money on cheaper systems. You have to get this system. You will not regret it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great when it works but very unreliable.

I can’t really recommend this product. The app is buggy and the satellite access points are very difficult to set up. I gave up trying to get additional access points working. The range of the access points is terrible like the tech support. My networking knowledge is intermediate to advanced and I can confidently say its not user error.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

The others

The otherssydney

Amazing product! saved all our wifi issues

Our IT guy set one of these up at home as the modem is in the office but it needs to service devices such as Apple TV, Streaming Hifi (Naim Audio) plus all our devices.
Since we've ad this there has been almost zero problem with wifi as we've had in the past.
connectivity is excellent, it was quick and easy to set up and the reach for signal is impressive.

i would highly recommend one of these for anyone that relies on strong wifi for all devices.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Renan JL

Renan JLSydney

it works great. Full house Wifi coverage. until the next firmware update

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great wifi extender

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Chris

Chris

Great Product, it states and it delivers

I had minimum bar levels with my router downstairs so when I installed the RBK50 it delivered what it stated. I am very happy overall with its performance as the speeds are very good ensuring very good WiFi coverage downstairs. Foxtel Go works very good with very minimal or hardly any video buffering.
I highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Enoggera

Enoggerabrisbane

Orbi Solved all problems

I bought the Orbi Ac3000. This solved every problem I had with the net. I have approximately 22 devices connected to the net and there is no lag anywhere. Streaming with apple tv has no buffering or delay everything works. I get off my wifi 8 ping and 100+ download so there is no loss of speed. I have also installed it at my factory and now everything runs faster and no delays the speed we got from the supplied router was about 7mps now with the Orbi we get 13 - 17mps and no delays. It was the best investment I have made for internet usage.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

benwarwick72

benwarwick72Robina

Great WiFi but stability can be an issue depending on firmware

I'm really happy with the WiFi signal of my Orbi system (base and satellite) in my 3 bedroom, 2 storey house. I don't think I've had any wireless dropouts but there have been a number of issues with the automatic firmware updates and the subsequent connectivity issues. It appears that Netgear are now allowing you to perform the updates when you want to rather than them being automatically pushed - this is a welcome change! There are a minimum of 11 devices connected (mostly wirelessly) and I never experience performance issues. My favourite feature is the single SSID. I'd definitely recommend this product to someone wanting whole home WiFi!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

SPok

SPokMelbourne

Good coverage but a nightmare for gaming (QoS is rubbish!)

Overall the product does what it's supposed to, ease of implementation, good coverage and speed around the house. However, if you're a gamer playing FPS games that requires response time to be priority, look elsewhere! Their QoS menu is dismal, with the only option is to run a speedtest and manages it automatically in the background.

Date PurchasedMay 2018