Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P

• Wi-Fi Range
Choo L.

Choo L.Sydney, NSW

The 2.4GHz frequently drops out

It is onoy about 1 month old, and I had to reboot it once every couple of days.
The SSID for the 2.4GHz would just disappear from mobile phones scanning for it.
The signal strength may be good, but the actual availability is very poor.
I have a modem upstairs and this modem is downstairs.
On several occassions, this 2.4GHz signal disappears and my phone then connects to the upstairs modem.
So, the good signal strength is not present in this product.

Purchased in October 2020 at Mwave Australia Online Store for $189.00.

Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

Unreliable wifi

I bought this router for my NBN, and was predominantly for the Disney Circle feature. This router has no ability to connect directly to the NBN (no modem built in). So I have to keep my telstra NBN modem/router. As a result I have 2 wifi networks in my house. To get the kids internet controlled by Circle, the kids have to connect to the Nighthawk. So this Circle parental control is completely flawed by design!! It’s a bit like protecting your house from burglar by locking up the windows, but leaving the backdoor completely open.
Additionally, This router keeps on breaking up. I know because if I attach to the telstra wifi/router, it’s still operational. So the NBN is still going but this router fails to broadcast.

Purchased in November 2019.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Died after 2 years

All of a sudden no wifi and ethernet LEDs were not lighting up despite being plugged in. Multiple reboots and factory resets achieves nothing. Netgear support pages are useless. For a router that's expensive as hell I would expect it to last.

Purchased in June 2018.

Explorer

ExplorerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best NBN modem at a better price

Not very often dropouts, one of the best nbn compatible modem available in market.
Very good wifi connectivity with dual bandwidth.
Netgear also supports free customer care calls for support

Purchased at Umart Online for $300.00.

Gambit

GambitSydney, NSW

Has a mind of its own!

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for $299.00.

Danny

DannyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed. "Router" has no modem & misleading Parental Control functionality.

Purchased in November 2019 for $250.00.

Simon

SimonVictoria

Great Router - Terrible user software

Great router for WiFi strength and multiple devices. However, has anyone at Netgear set up one at home? They would quickly discover that their App and install guide are terrible. How can such a large company produce an installation App like this? A first year IT student could do a better job.

Taing

TaingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This router keeps dropping out

This has got to be one of the most frustrating routers i have ever owned. I read reviews that its one of the best but the wifi keeps dropping out. Tried changing loads of settings on it, but it just keeps dropping out. It seems like lots of people are having the same problem with it. Frustrating.

Purchased in January 2018.

pinky

pinkyMelbourne

good one

im happy with this netgear products which im using is very excellent,for daily im suing the wifi for tv and netflix and amazon primes .i dont reset modem everytime im using from longtime it has better connection so far ,jus one thing noticed in night times ,becasue my router in bedroom i can see lights very bright .but anyway im adjusting it with some stuff to lights off.

Purchased in January 2018.

Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range

Find out how Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P compares to other Routers

Constantly drops internet connection, even after factory reset, reconfiguration, and replacement.

Purchased in May 2018.

aussieniks

aussieniksSydney, NSW

Excellent router for NBN

Purchased in January 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $200.00.

Tommy

TommyMelbourne

Excellent product

the netgear nighthawk really does what the package says. I've had no trouble setting it up and it was very easy with technical instructions and online help as well as help via the phone if i needed it. we are surprised by how powerful this router is and it can go through many walls and still be strong.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
RoelNiek

RoelNiekPerth, WA

Smooth Operation for More Than 4.5 Years

Purchased this to replace ASUS and has been very satisfied. I connect media server, phones, TV's, PC/laptop, appliances, etc without any issue. Streaming HD material is smooth. Setting up this router is very easy with friendly quick guidance. Support is also satisfying, I got regular updates from Netgear. So far it's keeping up well with my newer gears (mostly running latest version of Windows and Android). I rarely have it frozen but I regularly restart it whenever I feel it get slower or when new updates uploaded.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
WILLIAM

WILLIAMPARRAMATTA

Significant signal increase

It provides significant increase in signal strength. I get full coverage in my 3 bedroom apartment. However, the wifi seems unstable sometimes and went offline 6 times so far (in 5months). It could also because of the wifi interference with other residents or incorrect band setting. My NBN service provider could the reason as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Piston3

Piston3Melbourne

Excellent Reach. Solid Performance

We have a largish house and I got exceptional reach with this - absolutely blows away the old d-Link we had. I wouldn't describe set up as easy but I Googled everything I didn't know and there were plenty of instructional videos showing the way. I literally cannot remember the last time I had to restart, it it very solid. Recommended product!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Neil Robins

Neil RobinsSydney

Faulty Product

Purchased a Nighthawk and after just 7 months it crashed. I spent 4 hours on the phone to them as they tried to fix it. Eventually they agreed that the product needed to go to the tip. A week later I received a replacement Nighthawk for no charge. However just two months later the New Nighthawk has also died and when ringing their tech support they wanted $50 to start the process of looking at a fix. Here goes more hours on the phone. What a joke! And as this replacement box was provided directly from the manufacturer I can not take it back to the store I bought it from for warranty. Stay away from this faulty product!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sam P

Sam PMelbourne

For those who value features, this router is all you need.

I use this router with the Advanced Tomato open source firmware. Amazingly powerful, allows us to prioritise bandwidth between things like youtube and netflix, and lower priorities of large downloads, which enables us to make the most of our slow internet connection. Great range, and fast 5GHz networking makes wireless backups to a NAS happen quickly.

Very happy with this router. Hasn't missed a beat.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Robert

Robert

10/10, would Recommend.

This is an amazing router. It is easy to use, has great range in a big home. Can be a bit slow updating and the UI could do with a facelift. The ability to turn off the LED lights is a nifty feature. It looks awesome to boot. I would strongly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
MightyJosh

MightyJoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Router

This is an amazing router. It is easy to use, has great range in a big home. Can be a bit slow updating and the UI could Deo with a facelift. The ability to turn off the LED lights is a nifty feature. It looks awesome to boot. I would strongly recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Andrew

AndrewMelbourne

No regrets!

Love it!

NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Wireless AC2300 Router is very fast and reliable. It's quite expensive but definitely worth it.

Recently purchased it and have had no issues, whatsoever.

One downside is it's larger than your standard router but other than that, it's perfect.

If you're in the market for one of these bad boys, I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018