Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P

Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P

MPN: 35915771

Excellent router for NBN

My current NBN modem router from TPG was having some issues. My devices would lose connection or drop speed I would have to reboot the router. I bought this one from Officeworks for $200 and I am really happy with the purchase. I would make my review short with few dot points.
1.) These is a beast of router. It is huge but it works huge.
2.) Setup was flawless through mobile app. (I thought I might have to go through lengthy process).
3.) It is dual band so you get 2.3Mhz signal as well as 5Mhz signal so if in any room if you find the speed or signals are weak you can easily connect to higher frequency.
4.) The best part of the app is you can see how many devices are connect and can pause the device from the internet.
5.) I also loved the feature of parental control/filter on the router itself as well as it also has a USB 3.0 connection to connect a cloud storage.

It works flawlessly with NBN and setup is easy. I would highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $200.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPTPG Broadband NBN 50
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Excellent product

the netgear nighthawk really does what the package says. I've had no trouble setting it up and it was very easy with technical instructions and online help as well as help via the phone if i needed it. we are surprised by how powerful this router is and it can go through many walls and still be strong.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Smooth Operation for More Than 4.5 Years

Purchased this to replace ASUS and has been very satisfied. I connect media server, phones, TV's, PC/laptop, appliances, etc without any issue. Streaming HD material is smooth. Setting up this router is very easy with friendly quick guidance. Support is also satisfying, I got regular updates from Netgear. So far it's keeping up well with my newer gears (mostly running latest version of Windows and Android). I rarely have it frozen but I regularly restart it whenever I feel it get slower or when new updates uploaded.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Significant signal increase

It provides significant increase in signal strength. I get full coverage in my 3 bedroom apartment. However, the wifi seems unstable sometimes and went offline 6 times so far (in 5months). It could also because of the wifi interference with other residents or incorrect band setting. My NBN service provider could the reason as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Excellent Reach. Solid Performance

We have a largish house and I got exceptional reach with this - absolutely blows away the old d-Link we had. I wouldn't describe set up as easy but I Googled everything I didn't know and there were plenty of instructional videos showing the way. I literally cannot remember the last time I had to restart, it it very solid. Recommended product!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Faulty Product

Purchased a Nighthawk and after just 7 months it crashed. I spent 4 hours on the phone to them as they tried to fix it. Eventually they agreed that the product needed to go to the tip. A week later I received a replacement Nighthawk for no charge. However just two months later the New Nighthawk has also died and when ringing their tech support they wanted $50 to start the process of looking at a fix. Here goes more hours on the phone. What a joke! And as this replacement box was provided directly from the manufacturer I can not take it back to the store I bought it from for warranty. Stay away from this faulty product!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

For those who value features, this router is all you need.

I use this router with the Advanced Tomato open source firmware. Amazingly powerful, allows us to prioritise bandwidth between things like youtube and netflix, and lower priorities of large downloads, which enables us to make the most of our slow internet connection. Great range, and fast 5GHz networking makes wireless backups to a NAS happen quickly.

Very happy with this router. Hasn't missed a beat.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

10/10, would Recommend.

This is an amazing router. It is easy to use, has great range in a big home. Can be a bit slow updating and the UI could do with a facelift. The ability to turn off the LED lights is a nifty feature. It looks awesome to boot. I would strongly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Fantastic Router

This is an amazing router. It is easy to use, has great range in a big home. Can be a bit slow updating and the UI could Deo with a facelift. The ability to turn off the LED lights is a nifty feature. It looks awesome to boot. I would strongly recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

No regrets!

Love it!

NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Wireless AC2300 Router is very fast and reliable. It's quite expensive but definitely worth it.

Recently purchased it and have had no issues, whatsoever.

One downside is it's larger than your standard router but other than that, it's perfect.

If you're in the market for one of these bad boys, I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

GOOD

Iam not good enough to say this product ,but i did not see any issues from 6 moths im using it. this product has good strength of the signal. it has mix of high speed and useful, intelligent features but it is expensive ,i feel it is a good product

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Fast and reliable

This router was bought to replace the abysmal router that was bundled with a new internet connection.

The WiFi is fast and very reliable, have not had any dropouts or any other issues. The range was about double that of the bundled router.

Almost all our devices are connected to it (6 phones, several laptops, couple of TV's), and it handles them all with ease.

It's quite large, so make sure that there is room for it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Excellent modem

The modem is great for future proofing the house. We live on a two level townhouse and the device has great speed over wireless. I have added a NAS to it (synology 418play) to back up files. Sweet at choosing 5ghz band and has a feature to turn off the flashing LEDs which are very distracting

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Super fast with no slow downs

Good set of features but we use it in a pretty vanilla sort of way to manage our wireless network and have it hooked up to our NBN. We have over 16 devices connected at any time and i've never had any network issues between them. We've had ISP issues but this router has been flawless. The only downside I have about it is it's size, its not exactly inconspicuous but this is not huge deal.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Beast of a modem

I bought this modem when my last one bit the bullet, this is a beast of a modem. connectivity to the LAN is unwavering and fast, signal strength strong. Maybe too strong - when I leave for work; I walk out of my unit, walk down two flights of stairs then walk about 30 meters to the road where I still get 2 bars of my wifi.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent performer once set up, mediocre web interface

I have had this router for about 2-3 years now. It is excellent as a router for both wired ethernet connections and wireless connections. I would not recommend trying to plug a USB hard drive into it, as numerous drives had stability issues and it just isn't worth it. Also, making virtually any change to the router's settings on the web interface requires a full reboot, which takes about 1-2 minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Not a bad router

this router is quite expensive, but it’s pretty good, there are alot of features and pretty good speed, the guest network and the restrictions are pretty useful, 5ghz wifi is good for a croweded wifi space. but i just coudn’t get the app to work away from the network in the app.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Used to be good router

I have used it for 3years and It was good until a week ago. It finally died without any hope.

The first problem was from Netgear team support, very poor support for updated firmware, never solve the wifi speed issue with the latest update whatever how you connect the support team.

I avoided updating with old firmware until it's LAN port out of working. Have tried the reset, power off, put it on different ports (all of 4), none of them works anymore. USB port died more early too.

Overall, quite disappointed with this brand and product. Just purchased a new different brand (Asxx)to try the luck.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Fantastic router

Until I had purchased this router, I was of the belief a router is a router. Just get the cheapest one, and you're off the the races. Except I always had issues with Wi-Fi and connection dropouts. Not any more, this thing is rock solid. You can also install custom open source firmware (such as ddwrt or tomato) if you're so inclined.
Other built in features like USB NAS support seem a little gimmicky and not as smoothly integrated compared with dedicated solutions, but they do work.
Only niggle I have is that the web GUI can be a little clunky.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Almost perfect

This is a great router.

This is the most I have spent on a router and I am very pleased with the performance. It is very stable and rarely requires reboot. We are a high traffic household and it manages up to 15 devices (including guests) with ease. Our devices include Fetch TV, laptops, tablets, phones and printers.

We are in a 2 storey townhouse and it covers the entire house without the need for extenders. It has a great range of features. I don't use the QoS and Smart Network which seem to make performance worse for me, but that may simply my inexperience with them.

I love the security features which allow me to assign static connections to all the devices on the network and then manage access. My biggest complaint is that I can only have a single schedule operating (I confirmed with Netgear) which unfortunately all the controlled devices must have a single bedtime.

There is also an app for my Smartphone which allows me to see who is on and switch off devices or networks.

Date PurchasedMar 2016