Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P

Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P

MPN: 35915771

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Taing

TaingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This router keeps dropping out

This has got to be one of the most frustrating routers i have ever owned. I read reviews that its one of the best but the wifi keeps dropping out. Tried changing loads of settings on it, but it just keeps dropping out. It seems like lots of people are having the same problem with it. Frustrating.

Purchased in January 2018.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices

pinky

pinkyMelbourne

good one

im happy with this netgear products which im using is very excellent,for daily im suing the wifi for tv and netflix and amazon primes .i dont reset modem everytime im using from longtime it has better connection so far ,jus one thing noticed in night times ,becasue my router in bedroom i can see lights very bright .but anyway im adjusting it with some stuff to lights off.

Purchased in January 2018.

Wi-Fi Range

Constantly drops internet connection, even after factory reset, reconfiguration, and replacement.

Purchased in May 2018.

aussieniks

aussieniksSydney, NSW

Excellent router for NBN

Purchased in January 2019 at Officeworks Online store for $200.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPTPG Broadband NBN 50

Tommy

TommyMelbourne

Excellent product

the netgear nighthawk really does what the package says. I've had no trouble setting it up and it was very easy with technical instructions and online help as well as help via the phone if i needed it. we are surprised by how powerful this router is and it can go through many walls and still be strong.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

RoelNiek

RoelNiekPerth, WA

Smooth Operation for More Than 4.5 Years

Purchased this to replace ASUS and has been very satisfied. I connect media server, phones, TV's, PC/laptop, appliances, etc without any issue. Streaming HD material is smooth. Setting up this router is very easy with friendly quick guidance. Support is also satisfying, I got regular updates from Netgear. So far it's keeping up well with my newer gears (mostly running latest version of Windows and Android). I rarely have it frozen but I regularly restart it whenever I feel it get slower or when new updates uploaded.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

WILLIAM

WILLIAMPARRAMATTA

Significant signal increase

It provides significant increase in signal strength. I get full coverage in my 3 bedroom apartment. However, the wifi seems unstable sometimes and went offline 6 times so far (in 5months). It could also because of the wifi interference with other residents or incorrect band setting. My NBN service provider could the reason as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Piston3

Piston3Melbourne

Excellent Reach. Solid Performance

We have a largish house and I got exceptional reach with this - absolutely blows away the old d-Link we had. I wouldn't describe set up as easy but I Googled everything I didn't know and there were plenty of instructional videos showing the way. I literally cannot remember the last time I had to restart, it it very solid. Recommended product!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Neil Robins

Neil RobinsSydney

Faulty Product

Purchased a Nighthawk and after just 7 months it crashed. I spent 4 hours on the phone to them as they tried to fix it. Eventually they agreed that the product needed to go to the tip. A week later I received a replacement Nighthawk for no charge. However just two months later the New Nighthawk has also died and when ringing their tech support they wanted $50 to start the process of looking at a fix. Here goes more hours on the phone. What a joke! And as this replacement box was provided directly from the manufacturer I can not take it back to the store I bought it from for warranty. Stay away from this faulty product!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Sam P

Sam PMelbourne

For those who value features, this router is all you need.

I use this router with the Advanced Tomato open source firmware. Amazingly powerful, allows us to prioritise bandwidth between things like youtube and netflix, and lower priorities of large downloads, which enables us to make the most of our slow internet connection. Great range, and fast 5GHz networking makes wireless backups to a NAS happen quickly.

Very happy with this router. Hasn't missed a beat.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Robert

Robert

10/10, would Recommend.

This is an amazing router. It is easy to use, has great range in a big home. Can be a bit slow updating and the UI could do with a facelift. The ability to turn off the LED lights is a nifty feature. It looks awesome to boot. I would strongly recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

MightyJosh

MightyJoshQueensland, 4504

Fantastic Router

This is an amazing router. It is easy to use, has great range in a big home. Can be a bit slow updating and the UI could Deo with a facelift. The ability to turn off the LED lights is a nifty feature. It looks awesome to boot. I would strongly recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Andrew

AndrewMelbourne

No regrets!

Love it!

NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Wireless AC2300 Router is very fast and reliable. It's quite expensive but definitely worth it.

Recently purchased it and have had no issues, whatsoever.

One downside is it's larger than your standard router but other than that, it's perfect.

If you're in the market for one of these bad boys, I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

AKY

AKYSydney

Fast and reliable

This router was bought to replace the abysmal router that was bundled with a new internet connection.

The WiFi is fast and very reliable, have not had any dropouts or any other issues. The range was about double that of the bundled router.

Almost all our devices are connected to it (6 phones, several laptops, couple of TV's), and it handles them all with ease.

It's quite large, so make sure that there is room for it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Dan H

Dan HStrathfield

Excellent modem

The modem is great for future proofing the house. We live on a two level townhouse and the device has great speed over wireless. I have added a NAS to it (synology 418play) to back up files. Sweet at choosing 5ghz band and has a feature to turn off the flashing LEDs which are very distracting

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Gabriel

GabrielWollongong

Super fast with no slow downs

Good set of features but we use it in a pretty vanilla sort of way to manage our wireless network and have it hooked up to our NBN. We have over 16 devices connected at any time and i've never had any network issues between them. We've had ISP issues but this router has been flawless. The only downside I have about it is it's size, its not exactly inconspicuous but this is not huge deal.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Pheven

PhevenSydney

Beast of a modem

I bought this modem when my last one bit the bullet, this is a beast of a modem. connectivity to the LAN is unwavering and fast, signal strength strong. Maybe too strong - when I leave for work; I walk out of my unit, walk down two flights of stairs then walk about 30 meters to the road where I still get 2 bars of my wifi.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Adam M

Adam MGold Coast

Excellent performer once set up, mediocre web interface

I have had this router for about 2-3 years now. It is excellent as a router for both wired ethernet connections and wireless connections. I would not recommend trying to plug a USB hard drive into it, as numerous drives had stability issues and it just isn't worth it. Also, making virtually any change to the router's settings on the web interface requires a full reboot, which takes about 1-2 minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Jasony0617

Jasony0617melbourne

Not a bad router

this router is quite expensive, but it’s pretty good, there are alot of features and pretty good speed, the guest network and the restrictions are pretty useful, 5ghz wifi is good for a croweded wifi space. but i just coudn’t get the app to work away from the network in the app.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

bovely

bovely

Used to be good router

I have used it for 3years and It was good until a week ago. It finally died without any hope.

The first problem was from Netgear team support, very poor support for updated firmware, never solve the wifi speed issue with the latest update whatever how you connect the support team.

I avoided updating with old firmware until it's LAN port out of working. Have tried the reset, power off, put it on different ports (all of 4), none of them works anymore. USB port died more early too.

Overall, quite disappointed with this brand and product. Just purchased a new different brand (Asxx)to try the luck.

Date PurchasedMay 2014