Neutrogena T/Gel

Neutrogena T/Gel

See the Best Shampoos & Conditioners in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Neutrogena? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Soothes itchy scalps
Can treat psoriasis and dandruff
Leaves hair healthy and clean

Cons

May turn light hair orange
Smell can be unpleasant

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (10)
  • Smell
Renee L.
Renee L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Purchased in for $12.

Jayd Cunningham
Jayd Cunningham

Works to manage slight flare ups

I’ve used this for as long as I can remember for psoriasis on my scalp. Used regularly it does help manage the inflammation for me, however, recently I needed medication to manage a bad flare up. I will still use it when needed as it’s worked for years. It doesn’t smell great so be sure to use a nice normal shampoo and conditioner to counteract that.

Purchased in for $15.

Lachlan
LachlanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easily available and effective

Suffered from severe psoriasis since my teen years, this product works wonders and actually helps tackle psoriasis. While it is rather pricey for a shampoo - $13 as of October 2021, it is readily available from Coles / Woolworths and does the job!

Ignore the cheaper, Redwin Coal Tar Fragrance next to it on the shelf. While that one is 1/3 of the price ($4), it contains zero coal tar, compared to T/Gel which has 0.5% w/v coal tar.

Purchased in at Coles for $13.

Kaz
KazHunter Region, NSW

It’s was ok but I needed to use it for at least a month

Smell is not pleasant and it dries your scalp but in saying that I have used every shampoo on the market and it one is the best one out there for me

Purchased in at Woolworths for $15.

Grey / Blonde hair turned ory

My blonde and grey hair turned orange after one use and it dud not wash out as of one week .
I am at my colorist right now getting help.

What a surprise

Purchased for $6.

Hair Type Coloured
Causes Irritation No
Charlene C.
Charlene C.

By far the most amazing product for psoriasis

Purchased in for $13.

Laura C.
Laura C.Sydney, NSW

Amazing Product!

I bought this for my partner who has had a dry flaky scalp since before we met (over 2 years) and after only ONE wash, I'd say 95% (if not more) of the flaky skin was gone! Absolutely amazing results! I'll see how it goes long term but short term, I am absolutely wowed! He's been using head and shoulders for a long time which I've heard just aids in irritating the scalp so he'll definitely never use that again after discovering T-Gel!
It's pretty pricey, but so worth it if it keeps the dry skin away.

Purchased in at Coles for $13.

Smell

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Kurisutaru E.
Kurisutaru E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job

Decided to use this shampoo for psoriasis on my scalp as my prescribed shampoo cannot be used more than one month.
This helps with the itching and removing flakes from the scalp. Although I still get a little flaking and itching. It doesn't smell great (smokey/petrol smell).
The good thing is I can't smell it after conditioning with a natural conditioner.
This can be drying, so make sure you have a good conditioner.

Purchased in at Coles.

Mlg
MlgMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

works ok

aids in control of psoriasis of the scalp but doesn't get it under control. If used regularly it does help somewhat. The only thing is it has a terrible smell.

Purchased in at Coles Supermarkets.

Just reviewing stuff
Just reviewing stuffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Relieved a very itchy scalp

I used this twice a week for a month to relieve my itchy scalp. Between the days I'd use this shampoo, I used my usual shampoo once a day. It worked well and my scalp ended up not itchy anymore, less red than before, and I had much less dandruff than before.

Causes Irritation No

Yet to see results

Have only used this a couple times, haven’t noticed a difference yet so we’ll see.. One thing I’d like to say is it literally smells like petrol!?! Is that normal?

Clark
ClarkAU

It really works

Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for Seborrheic Dermatitis Sufferers!

All this time I thought I just had really bad dandruff issues. And then one day my face started to flake like it was winter in summer. Found out I have Seborrheic Dermatitis (like Psoriasis but not as bad) and tried this product.

IT IS AMAZAZING! I use a little amount everyday since I have short hair and together with a conditioner, this works and I've never had any issues with an itchy flakey scalp anymore.

It smells a little bit nasty but not bad, it doesn't have any added scents and I guess the smell comes from the Tar in the shampoo.

Definitely recommend it to anyone that has the same condition as me.

Really Good!

Alright so everything worked like a charm for me and it cleared predominately all of my Seborrheic Dermatitis, however, the smell is putrid. But I have found a solution! I used this shampoo with a really nice smelling conditioner (since you're not supposed to condition your scalp anyway) and they both cancel each other out!!

Brenda L
Brenda LGold Coast

Cleared up my psoriasis!

I get psoriasis on my scalp and around my hairline, have tried so many products over the years but nothing worked. After twice using T-gel it completely cleared up!!
For the first month I used it each time i was my hair, but then started alternating between this and the ogx coconut shampoo- been 6 months and still psoriasis free :)

Emily b
Emily basked

My daughter has really bad flaky scalp with huge scabs it sometimes bleeds it gets that bad her hair becomes matted she's been to the doctors who diagnosed seborrhoeic dermatitis she's 12 I've tried everything off the doctor bought loads of different shampoos ect and nothing works she's so self conscious she's not wanting to go to school anymore .. could anyone tell me if this product may work thanks

Lisa G.
Lisa G.asked

After symptoms are corrected,can tgel be used long term to maintain the itching from eczima? Or do i only use as needed after getting it under control?

WGoldbergasked

Is it any good?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Please try it and report back. TY

WGoldberg

I.P. Daily did you try it? Is it any good?

Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo is an effective therapeutic treatment designed to help control the scalp itching and flaking symptomatic of scalp psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and common dandruff.

The clear amber formula starts working on contact to help control itching and flaking from the first use and continues to work for hours even after the shampoo is rinsed off, leaving hair looking healthy and manageable.

Features

Ingredients

Neutar Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 2% (equivalent to 0.5% w/v Coal Tar) in a mild shampoo base. Contains as preservatives: Diazolidinyl Urea 0.10% w/v, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.04% w/v, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate 0.01% w/v.

Directions

• Use in adults and children above 2 years of age.
  • Use for the control of itching and flaking associated with dandruff, psoriasis, eczema and seborrhoeic dermatitis.
  • Wet hair thoroughly, massage the shampoo into your scalp, lather it, leaving it on your hair and scalp for several minutes, then rinse and repeat.
  • Helps control psoriasis, seborrhoeic, dermatitis and dandruff.

Product Warnings

• For external use only
  • Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact the Poisons Information Centre
  • In rare instances discolouration of grey, blonde, bleached or tinted hair may occur
  • Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients, on acutely inflamed or broken skin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
  • Avoid contact with the eyes. If contact occurs rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
  • Do not use for prolonged periods except on the advice of a doctor. It may increase your tendency to sunburn for up to 24 hours after application.
  • Stop use if irritation occurs. Consult a doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after regular use of this product as recommended.

What reviewers thought

The smell is not the most pleasant and the product can dry out the scalp. The product can also turn grey or bleached blonde hair orange.

Those who suffered from psoriasis said this product was effective at easing symptoms and leaving hair healthy and clean.

CategoryShampoos & Conditioners