NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance

Health Insurance Guide for 2020

The decision to take up private health insurance can be a very involved process, and the factors that go into your decision will be unique to you. Your first dip into the policy selection process can be pretty overwhelming, so this guide will help lay everything out for you as plainly as possible to get you on your way.

Read now

2.4

Deepthi

DeepthiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not recommended

I have paid 12 months for my fathers visitor cover. After applying visa extension, contacted the company for providing updated documents from immigration. Then came to know that my father’s cover is expired 4 days prior and they can’t provide cover for more than 12 months. The only reason for not providing cover is that they have to cover pre exiting conditions after 12 months.

charlie

charlieFar North Queensland, QLD

Really disappointed

I got a OVHC cover for my mother last year.Last week saturday early morning I got a email saying That her insurance policy is cancelled on my request.(Which I haven't requested)I was on my way to a regional town 500 kms away from home with mother.I was really stressed if something happened on the way.even the call center was closed.
I had to wait till monday to call them .Then NIB telling me that insurance product is not longer available and it cant be reinsured.
What a scam no one told me about that and didnt give me a proper notice for that.how much of a time I had to wasted to sort the issue.
I was about to give them my family hospita cover.But now never recommend to any body.

Plan CoverageHospital Only

Life saver insurance

Hi everyone,i read all comments but i am not agree with all ,That is my personal experience,I was in life threatening condition ,Nib saved me ,they are still saving me ,life concern is too big for everyone ,guys commenting and giving bad reviews on that small things as compared to my issue ....Nothing is important then your life guys ...Don’t judge them on basis of technical issues and lateness of claims ...I know it’s frustrating but definitely they will not push you do anything...i think patience is best options ...there are ways to solve problems...but anyway thanks to NIB ...so solute to your serving...thanks

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
nibnib

Hi Harpreet, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and kind words! I hope all is going well and your on your way to recovery, Take care. Kind Regards, Emma

Syed A.

Syed A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scam, misleading pricing, OK customer service

Plan CoverageHospital Only
nibnib

Hi Syed, Thank you for raising your concerns, I’m sorry to hear you have not had the experience you expected with us. So we can discuss the cost of your policy with you I have sent you a private message with further details regarding this matter.

Doug TIMMS

Doug TIMMSSouth East Queensland, QLD

NIB the health insurance provider that are good until you have a claim!

NIB are a Health Insurer who are great...until you have a claim!!! Take out a policy with NIB at your own peril!! Let The Buyer Beware. I have had 2 hospital claims in the past 4 weeks, only ever been to hospital once before for overnight. Because of NIB's Medigap Policy on offering a paltry amount to the providers many practitioners refuse to be part of it...leaving the poor old customer to pay a one-off priced account. I just got caught for anaesthetist account for varicose vein op, price $1,180!!!
Anyway I have transferred my membership (customer) to another fund see ya NIB!! Not Happy Jan!

nibnib

Hi Doug,Thank you for your feedback, I’m sorry to hear you have not had the experience you expected with us. So we can discuss the cancelation with you I have sent you a private message with further details regarding this matter.

Dreadful and misleading

After being a member for years , I had a period in Europe and now have to face a wait period , never made a claim , but when I called it’s all impossible . Even when I try to make a dentist appointment , I can’t get a straight answer to what I will be up for . The NIB dentist couldn’t give me the price. All really dishonest and confusing and I regret paying in for years to get the cold shoulder and let baffled when I ask for a simple thing , what will I be up for it I get a scale and clean from their dentist . I feel I am about to be scammed again like a moth to the bright lights !!

MartinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful NIB - GO ELSEWHERE for insurance (tell everyone you know)

NIB will gladly accept premiums, if you try making a claim they will very efficiently and effectively refuse that claim and then invest a great deal of time and resources to defend their decision.

nibnib

Hi Martin, I am sorry to hear you have had some problems with a claim. I have messaged you directly so I can assist you further with this. Thanks, Kayleigh

Martin

Thanks for yet another ‘standard’ personal acknowledgement. I will respond to your message shortly though expect you will simply trot out the same ‘standard’ reply as several of your colleagues already have.

Martin

And now another message from NIB trying to up sell more insurance.
Disgraceful company purely interested in making a profit.
BE WARNED. Share this review and TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

AG1986

AG1986Sydney, NSW

The worst insurance i have ever had

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
nibnib

Hello, Thanks for contacting nib.
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent experience with nib.
Just letting you know that I have sent you a Private Message that you can reply to.

Warren

WarrenSydney, NSW

Chose another insurer

Every single time I deal with NIB I end up speaking with the complaints department or going to the ombudsman. They have been at fault in every case. They care more about clearing claims off their books than the customer. They do not properly note the accounts when you call so beware you’ll have to get them to review call recordings otherwise they will plead ignorance when they make mistakes. I will be looking elsewhere for healthcare and would never recommend NIB to my worst enemy.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Find out how NIB Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Really happy with the service

Staff is always very helpful and patient, I am very happy with their services and have recommend their services for a few friends.

I have been with NIB for around 5 years.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
nibnib

Hey Carolina, thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind words! Your loyalty to us is well and truly appreciated!

Pam

PamSouth East Queensland, QLD

No longer value for money

I have been with nib for over 20 years and have now decided to pull the plug. Nib do not participate in "known gap", but offer "medigap" which most specialists in qld do not participate in, therefore anytime I need to have a procedure I am out of pocket a considerable amount. Anyone considering changing health funds should ask which of the above does the fund participate in and also check which private hospitals does the fund have agreements with as I was very surprised nib do not have agreements with quite a few top private hospitals in SE qld.

coolwaters171

coolwaters171South East Queensland, QLD

Nuisance calls. They don't speak to you

After getting a quote online, I have received 16 calls in 5 days in which I answer, you hear someone on the other end, no one speaks to you, then they hang up. Never would I join this unprofessional company who haven't even mastered a basic customer requirement..COMMUNICATION!!!

nibnib

Hello. I'm sorry to hear you have had this experience. I have sent you a private message about your contact and if there's anything we can do to help. Kind regards, Cameron

PEK

PEKOak Flats

Bad customer service

I changed after 34 years from AHM to Qantas Health, which is NIB. Their customer service after signing up is non existent. I wait for a $12 refund for cancelled travel insurance since March. So before experiencing problems with their health insurance, I will leave them immediately

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2020
Rebecca

Rebecca

Misleading and bad customer service

Customer service was so slow and had no idea the info to give me when i asked. They mislead and make you wait 3 months for the gift card worth 400 dollars

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible experience. They will hold your policy as a hostage.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2019

Shaddy

ShaddySydney Surrounds, NSW

10 year customer leaving

Have paid NIB for over ten years and have only ever claimed one payment in this time.
6 months ago i begun a process of getting an invasive surgery done. 6 months ago i did all the right things and made sure i was completely covered by NIB for everything relating the surgery (except the anesthetist wasnt covered but that is okay as i had learnt that 6 months ago) Now here i am days before the surgery and i am being told that NIB wont cover the surgery or the private hospital when i was told months ago that i was? Now i have to fork out thousands of dollars in a matter of days even though i have spent what? tens of thousands with NIB over the years?

Thank you. . .

nibnib

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with nib regarding your procedure. I would like to investigate this for you. I have sent you a private message regarding this matter. Regards Emma.

Bridget

BridgetVictoria

INCORRECT SCRIPT

In 2018 the optometrist incorrectly filled out my script which caused further damage to my eyes. Furthermore, I was assured my direct debit would be put on hold when I moved overseas. Nope, payments came out and there was absolutely no support when I tried to rectify the situation.

Plan CoverageExtras Only

Hello Bridget,
A private message has been sent to assist you in this matter.
Thank you, Amanda.

Patrick W.

Patrick W.

NIB - not interested in benefits

Steve. lei

Steve. leiSydney, NSW

No Trust for this company

Peter

PeterSouthwest, VIC

Avoid this company

They never pay you claim with the same criteria.
Same doctor, same bill paid, different amount received back!
I Always had to chase them to pay the claim.
Not a good customer service over the phone, they hire people that can not speak English or understand 100% what you saying!
Cheap company, cheap service, they do not pay you more then 25 %of your claim, don’t trust them, hopefully this company will be shut down!
Note for NIB, don’t even try to contact me to discuss this feedback. Hopefully people will choose other company after my feedback.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks