NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by nib

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (22)
    • 1-2 weeks (13)
    • 2-4 weeks (13)
    • 1-2 months (8)
    • 3+ months (17)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (30) · No (46)

Jessica L.
Jessica L.

Improvement in service, highly recommend !

Nib has been improved a lot since last time I used their service OSHC, it was terrible in the beginning. I hope they will maintain their good standards. Highly recommend.

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback. We will strive to continue to offer excellent service and high standards. Please reach out if we can help with anything else ➡ https://www.nib.com.au/contact-us/

Time wasting, terrible app, time wasting IVR

nibnibSend a private message

Hi Janine, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I will send you a private message to request your policy details to assist further. Thanks - Ossian

Pash
Pash

Worst customer service experience

Had applied for the OVHC but they never got back regarding the status of the application. And when called regarding the status they say they cannot offer OVHC. Not recommended!

nibnibSend a private message

Hi Pash. Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear about your experience with nib.
I have sent you a private message with some further information so that we can look into this matter for you.
Kind regards,
Michelle

Amazing staff and dentists

Such lovely staff who are so accommodating and bubbly , and amazing dentist MR Abasseri who made me feel so comfortable and did a great job at cleaning xraying and also being my new dentist. Totally would recommend this team.

Claim Made Yes
nibnibSend a private message

Hi Emilie, thanks so much for your kind review! So glad you have had a good experience. Please reach out to us here if we can assist with anything else. https://www.nib.com.au/contact-us/

LestariWong
LestariWongFar North Queensland, QLD

So hard to know how much you cover

Ve calais v
Ve calais vPerth, WA

Great service returning customer

So I called up and spoke with Sarah Simpson from the sales department to discuss my options and told her the only things I wanted on my extras. After discussing all my options and prices on all the package we came up with the best suited one for my with maximum returns. She was so knowledgeable on all the products and was such a delight to work with. I highly recommend given her a call to discuss any questions u have if u want a honest person with great knowledge I won't be talking to anyone alse.

nibnibSend a private message

Hello Ve. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and the five-star review!. I have passed this on to Sarah's direct manager so she can be recognized for her great customer service

Ben
BenSydney, NSW

As you can see by their poor review rating this is not a company worth giving your hard earned money to!!!

Super Funds Awards 2022!

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
FRUSTRATED MOVER
FRUSTRATED MOVERSydney, NSW

I CALLED NIB AND SPOKE WITH CAZ

Today I called NIB to check on what I am entitled too, what hospitals I can use etc, pending forthcoming surgery and got to speak to Caz. Rarely do you find someone so friendly, so knowledgeable, so caring and exuding the best level of personality I have encountered from NIB. She was just natural and listened to my questions and concerns and responded comprehensively. Caz is a rare personality and is a real credit and asset to NIB.

A note to NIB: Caz is a real gem, and she is a secret weapon, so wrap her in cotton wool and look after her.
She has reassured me NIB care about me and are not another blood sucking, money hungry health fund.

nibnibSend a private message

Thanks for taking to time to share such great feedback about one of our team members. I'll be sure to share this with Caz and her team! -Amanda.

KylieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Liars and gaslighters ! The most unethical private health insurance EVER !!!!

nibnibSend a private message

Hi Kylie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I believe we are currently speaking via our social media page, however if it is easier please get in touch here - https://www.nib.com.au/contact-us/ - Vicki

Kylie

This issue has been resolved . No need for NIB to keep calling me about it . Thanks .

Misleading and false advertising

I joined a health cover because they told me all the benefits I would receive. I am now having a basic operation and my cover is so minimal, I just don’t understand what I’ve been paying for when there is no cover. I wish this was disclosed to me before I joined.

And the fact that I called up customer service asking them to explain a few things to me, I was made to feel like I was an idiot and to “work it out myself”, and they did not explain anything only gave me a robotic answer. I had to call up the medical practice and ask them to better explain in which they were 100% more helpful.

After my operation I will be changing healthfunds , as NIB is misleading and unhelpful. False advertising to say the least.

nibnibSend a private message

Hello Lala, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience. I will send you a private message to request your policy details to assist further.
-Amanda.

Paul
Paul

Default answer is to not cover when admitted to hospital

4 procedures - all 4 have been knocked back (2 of them later covered after months of back and fro). Had to recover spent money which should have been covered in first place. You can never talk to the actual people that make the decision on whether your surgery is covered- always just admin stuff that act as middle person.
Worst experience ever x4 times

nibnibSend a private message

Hi Paul, we're so sorry to hear you've had this experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us https://www.nib.com.au/contact-us/

Carl
Carl

Save your money look for another company

nibnibSend a private message

Hi Laura, further to our offline conversation, a call back has been organised. -Amanda.

Xoxo
Xoxo

Absolutely disappointed at this false company

nibnibSend a private message

Hi Xoxo, we're so sorry to hear you've had this experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us https://www.nib.com.au/contact-us/ - Andrew

Hodgo
HodgoQueensland

Don't Cover CPAP Machines

To my surprise after contacting NIB to see what I would get back when I upgrade my CPAP machine, I was informed the my policy did NOT cover this.

Wow, what policy would I need to cover this, ( a Gold policy) as this has been a long term health issue. Further to this I have NOT scene anything on what policies would cover medical condition on this web site.

Time for a NEW provider that shows what is and what is not covered on their site.

Claim Made No

Hi Hodgo,

Thanks for taking the time to raise your concerns. We would be happy to review your policy. Please private message us your policy number, name, date of birth and address.
Bec

They don't pay up

Claim Made Yes

ASA
ASAasked

I have got Nib OSHC core cover. I'd like to get more information on pregnancy cover. Me and my partner are planning for baby. But before that We would like to understand more about it in detail. Below are few questions / doubts that we need your help on :

Does Nib OSHC core cover pregnancy ?
Can we claim for any ultrasounds / obstetrics ?
In a scenario where my partner falls pregnant after 3-4 months of policy start date will the pregnancy related services like ultrasound / radiology/ pathology covered or do i need to pay for the costs upfront and then can I claim if once the policy date reaches the 12 month waiting period. For example : policy purchased on 26/05/2022 needs to complete 12 month waiting period 26/05/2023 and my partner should deliver the baby after 26/05/2023 for the pregnancy to be covered ? However, for the ultrasounds / imaging can I claim them after 12 month waiting period from policy start date ? Or can I claim for the charges while I'm still in midst of completion of one year. Please advise.

Maudie
Maudieasked

I have a sleep apnea machine and I might need a replacement. Do nib reimburse for a cpap machine thanks Maureen

power boy

call them first before purchasing

nibnibSend a private message

Hey Maudie, thanks for reaching out. I would suggest getting in touch with us first so we can ensure your policy includes this coverage. https://www.nib.com.au/contatc-us/. - Kayleigh

Maudie
Maudieasked

power boy

Im not sure,,the best idea is to call them first....They may give you something back..depends on the policy you have ......Good Luck...?

See all NIB Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance