NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance

I wasted all day try to log in the so called new website , waiting for a verification through email which never arrived

Not really, I’m actually thinking to canceling it’s getting more expensive every year waste of money , if I’m really sick just go the public hospital , which have more doctors and nurses .

Rau

RauSydney, NSW

CLAIM

My daughter had to make a hospital claim and NIB, 1st said that she had a pre exisiting condition of Asthma. As I got all the paper work back to them, they changed the pre exisiting condition to a chest infection. Didn’t cover her hospital stay. Expensive, not helpful or understanding. I will be changing health funds & not recommending NIB to anyone.
For anyone looking at getting private health cover NIB is NOT the one to pick. Also reading a few other reviews I can see I made the wrong choice.

nibNIB

Claims keep disappearing while prices keep increasing

I have been with them 4 years. Never had to claim anything. I've tried for the first time last year and it was ridiculous. The claims keep disappearing from their portal. I'm so annoyed. DO NOT ENGAGE with them

Claim DateNovember 2019

Worst Service - AVOID USING THEM

NIB (IMAN) health insurance service has been the worst service. They promised me a refund for which I was entitled to after I got my PR & Citizenship. I had to make several calls to claim this money. They initially promised that they will. However after months they declined the refund. Please don't trust them. I have documented all the conversations

NIB gaps

I am an Aneasthetist. NIB pays much less than the other insurers but most importantly if we charge a gap they put the burden on the customer. For example with any other insurer If I charge a $500 gap that’s it. With NIB they pay the customer less as a blackmail to stop Doctors charging a gap. So here’s how it works. I charge $500 gap cost to patient $800.

TJ LowHunter Region, NSW

Paying for services not required

Reading my policy, I realised being a male gynecology, pregnancy termination and breasts implants do not apply to me. Of course I contacted NIB to see if I can remove and add treatment options that are more applicable to my gender, only to be told, their policies can't discriminate against gender. Commom sense needs to prevail here NIB.

TJ Low

To me it sounds like just another reason to charge everyone the same premium for services not required, plus why ask for our gender at application.

Anyway, hopefully the more that provide this similar feedback, the possibility of change may happen.

vrxbeachboy

vrxbeachboy

Horrible Service

It has been 6 months trying to claim back a private hospital admission cost of $1600 that I had to pay for. They keep finding fault with every little thing in the process and keep telling me I have not sent the correct forms that I have sent them several times. I think their claims services are based in the philippines and they act like robots and are unable to think outside the box and satisfy NIB's customers. Once I get my funds claim I will be searching for a different health insurer.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

A B

A BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic

Simply the worst insurer I have ever come across.
Glad they showed their true colours before signing with them. Can't imagine the head aches if I ever had to make the claim.

Coverage TypeCouple

Dani H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Institution that cannot be trusted at all

Hi Michelle.
How can I send to you a private message? do you have any email?

No star

I would have given no star for sure.
Stayed on the phone for 45mins and i only asked to merge my policy with my hubbys. I have been a NIB customer for say 5 years? But im going somewhere for sure.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

MySuzyMelbourne

NIB has no agreements with private pathology

Husband went to private hospital with top hospital cover with NIB. Got a bill for $470 for Pathology. NIB unlike most has no agreement with Melbourne Pathology. Looked further and they also have no agreement with Dorevitch Pathology or ACL. Totally thought we were completely covered. Make sure you are bulked billed for private Pathology, otherwise you will get a big Pathology bill.

Barry

BarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Trust NIB

I changed from mbp on promise of same cover for lower cost.
I now realise they reduced my cover and excluded hearing aids.
The deal was not what it stated and costly in the long run

Coverage TypeCouple
Under 30Yes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Jeff

Jeff

Waste of time and money... Don't bother with NIB

After being a member of NIB health insurance for many years, I found out that my level of cover no longer exists in their policies.
A complete waste of time, a complete waste of money, and a painful experience communicating with them.
They tried to offer me an increased premium to keep me as a customer - not too smart.
Look elsewhere, it won;t be hard to get better service and prices than NIB's rubbish offering

SDGNorth Queensland, QLD

Profits first, Customers second.

I've just cancelled my hospital cover with NIB, after 4 years of watching my premiums go up-up-up by ~30% in total the last straw came when they quibbled over a spurious rule they had when I bought some contact lenses online - any excuse not out pay out!

An extra claim will leave me $40 out of pocket but the same for a hospital claim will leave you $1000 out of pocket.

Do not swallow the line this industry makes about ever increasing costs meaning premiums must go up, look an NIBs own share holders report, 20% increase in profits last year alone, and up every year before. while i've been a member up from $80 to $188 million. dividends are definitely coming before customer service.

Membership

I was member since 3 yrs with nib .. recently my membership was terminated by nib .. as i realized and wanted to join back they told me i have to wait till one year before i do my claim from them .. which I totally disagree and decided to switch to other health insurance..

Hi There,
We would like the opportunity to look into your cover for you. Can you please contact us on 13 14 63 and we will be happy to discuss further. Alternatively, please reply to our private message to you.
Regards, Jasmine.

Shane Powell

Shane PowellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Being with NIB is so easy!

We've been with NIB for ages, but I've just recently started using their iPhone app. It allows me to understand my cover, including how much of each I have used up of each of my Extras (dental, physio, etc) which I love. The best feature is the ability to simply take a photo of a receipt and submit via the app. The whole experience is so easy, simply awesome! I think its the experience that makes a difference, and NIB have nailed it.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Hi Shane,
Thank you for your kind words. It is not always that a business receives good feedback and we truly appreciate it.
Have a great day!
Vicki :)

BEWARE! Profit oriented. I DONT RECOMMEND NIB AT ALL.

I normally dont leave reviews but I really dont more people to feel my pain. I spoke to two reps a week prior my surgery to confirm my benefits and lets just say that I have never spoken to a more sarcastic bunch. Asking me in an angelic voice why I thought i would be covered for something I was actually paying for and had other reps confirm. They honestly didnt care about me as a customer. Dont do what I did and paid them for such a long time, to not be covered. Get out now.
I Cancelled my policy on the spot. Never again will NIB get my money.

I honestly feel scammed. I would warn people to stay away from NIB based on my experience.

Under 30Yes

nicholas

nicholasSydney, NSW

I have been a member for a decade plus

Its seems all about profits, I was a member for a decade , had to stop my premium after i was moved for work and told by NIB I couldnt continue it on while out of the country, then joined back again when I returned .They ignore the fact you paid for decades and now charge a premium. When I questioned my monthy charge , they then off me a lower amount. It seems dodgy to me, happy to accept me paying for more than a decade, but now on my first claim , I am left feeling over charged, and denied on my first set of glasses. Never made a claim in decade, thousands of dollars in payments, so it hardly feels value or fairness

nibNIB

Horrible!! Just plain rubbish!!

Horrible!! After inquiring about making a claim, I just found out that my policy has been terminated. I called them before to upgrade my policy not terminate it. They did it without notice. Such a rubbish company even so having a very bad customer service!!!

Scam Artists

Had my wisdoms teeth removed, on their website there was a 1 year wait period which is what most other providers go with. Upon getting my surgery done they then proceeded to say the policy is actually different to that advertised and is actually a 2 year stand down period. Absolute snake oil salesmen. Stay away from these people!. The worst!

Claim DateNovember 2019