NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance

Horrible!! Just plain rubbish!!

Horrible!! After inquiring about making a claim, I just found out that my policy has been terminated. I called them before to upgrade my policy not terminate it. They did it without notice. Such a rubbish company even so having a very bad customer service!!!

Scam Artists

Had my wisdoms teeth removed, on their website there was a 1 year wait period which is what most other providers go with. Upon getting my surgery done they then proceeded to say the policy is actually different to that advertised and is actually a 2 year stand down period. Absolute snake oil salesmen. Stay away from these people!. The worst!

Claim DateNovember 2019

Janet E.North Queensland, QLD

Misleading advertising by NIB

Under 30Yes
Janet E.

Thanks, Vicki, I have left a message on Health Comparison 's phone to let them know they gave me the incorrect information. Regards, Janet

AraumoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just after your money!

I had been with NIB since 2012 and paid more than $18k up until March this year when I needed surgery running in the $5k mark but they wouldn't pay. Their black and white hard copy policy clearly states that...Hospital treatment, including accomodation as a private patient in a private or public hospital & doctor's bill in hospital....will be covered. But they turned around and said I had to have medicare! Where was that written next to the policy! Meanwhile they don't care, business as usual and just keep taking your money on a monthly basis until you get sick or need surgery but too late!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019

Hello Araumo,
We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I'm sorry to hear that this has not occurred.
Could you please inbox us with your customer number, date of birth, home address so we can look into this.
Many thanks, Shane

Leah Hook

Leah Hook

They have no care factor!

I have have only been with NIB this time for three months but have been with them previously for 2 years. I just got notified that i needed an urgent operation (not pre-existing). . They were NOT compassionate about my circumstances and just kept repeating that I had not the proper health care to cover this operation! The Policy I had obviously was a waste of money! I rate this health fund as Terrible.

Just what you need

Would Book AgainYes

Omri

OmriMelbourne

Horrible experience

I joined Nib 4 months ago. They mentioned me over the phone that I'm eligible for 300$ credit If I stay with them for 3 months.

During that time I was with them, they were trying to push back on two claims I made (e.g. supplier code is incorrect, and wrong address). I had to speak with them for hours over the phone just to get it sorted.

They never sent me the Insurance card as well.

They told me over the phone that I'm eligible for the 300$ and I will get the money back before I leave them.
Now, they DON'T want to give me the money back, and they said I should have read the T&C. Even though I confirmed my case with them over the phone.

nibNIB

You cant get any worst service. If you want a company that respect the costumer, run away from NIB.

Terrible value due the costumer service. Their call centre provides an information, you send to them what they had asked for and your claim is not approved again. Then they need more documents. Very contradictory and disrespectful with client.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Roberto
Roberto

This is a joke. Now the day they didn't receive the HC21 from the hospital and I will have to upload all the receipts again by email to MAYBE get my money back. Nobody even called trying to sort it out. Run out of them

nibNIB

Hi Roberto, at nib we strive to provide excellent customer service and I am sorry to hear you feel this way. We will be more than happy to investigate and look into your policy for you. Please note you will be sent a private message. Many thanks.

Bradley Smith

Bradley SmithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Incompetent claims process and procedures

Claim DateOctober 2019
Tom H

Tom H

Junk peddlers. The worst.

I paid for 20 years of hospital cover with NIB. In July 2019 they reduced my hospital coverage (to junk) without me asking and without me realising, and now they wont cover me for my neck surgery. The policy change was buried in the fine print of their updated user agreement.

Read the fine print, and watch these parasites like a hawk, because they will do you over if you let them.

Worst Customer Service

I had applied for OSHC and had to get the dates of the cover changed as the course start dates had changed. At first I was told I had to fill in a refund form to get a refund and to pay for a new policy, which I did. I called to follow up, and was told I didnt need to do a refund and all i had to do was send the new dates so that the existing policy would be updated. I emailed the new dates and supporting docs then called a week later to follow up. I spent more than an hour being put on hold with a guy called Aubery only to be told they couldn't change the dates on the OSHC policy and had to fill in a refund policy. Customer service is appalling and they waste your time without getting anything resolved.

EEH

Claim DateJuly 2019

Dick

DickWestern Australia

Claim rejection

Booked into hospital,sent account only to be rejected. Have to be inpatient for this mob to allow claim. If this is so why is it ok to claim for dentist, thats not inpatient. Policy is rubbish. Shame cant have no stars!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
jojo

jojoHobart, TAS

Out of pocket

I am heading into hospital only to get call telling me that Nib only pays $220 and other funds pay $440 on the anaesthetic fee. Plus also play less on other product . Which u don't know till u have to uses it. Out pocket myself over $400 not counting $1500 for the doctor. And that not counting $500 excess which I had just paid for something that didn't fix my problem . I am silver plus No wonder people leaving health insurance.

Plan CoverageHospital Only
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Ashis M.

Ashis M.

I could not find a page for NIB Travel insurance so here is my review about them

Raised a claim for a cancelled flight, nib conveniently rejected the claim, I questioned the outcome, no one cared to even effing reply.That is the standard of customer service you can expect from these guys.

I understand an insurance denying your claim, but their policy clearly stated I can question their decision within 14 working days and I did the same. And despite my email, they chose to keep their mouth shut. But when it comes to pushing you to buy a product they will call you a million times because as I said, all they care about is getting your money!

Plan CoverageExtras Only
Claim DateMay 2019

Corneal Transplant

Do not go with NIB for Corneal Transplant they are the worst for out of pocket expenses. A little cheaper to join but you pay up at bill time. Check with other providers before choosing what sounds the cheaper option.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

drew

drewHunter Region, NSW

awesome cover at a reasonable price

easy to set up and claim through the app. payments made quickly and no hassles 12 months. the staff couldn't be more helpful when I have had to deal with them

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019

Just joined Not a great 1st impression

Sent in a request for a pre approval, heard absolutely nothing except automated text saying they had high volumes, i.e. understaffed. Not what you expect at $300 per month. Not going to bother giving them a chance. In fact received a customer survey a week after I submitted the claim asking how my claim experience was... What experience I am still waiting!!

upset customer

upset customerFar North Queensland, QLD

Doesn't cover necessary medical expenses

Even though the insurance was cheap it wasnt good.
The claim process was difficult. I injured myself overseas and upon return required surgery and time off work. Absolutely no cover for that. I would not reccomend NIB.

Claim DateAugust 2019