Nissan Pulsar N15

Nissan Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nissan? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Billy
    BillyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bullet proof engine absolutely outstanding longevity perfect runaround car.

Had this car for the last 5 years from my boss who sold it to me for $150 . cost $600 to put it on the road done now around 300Thous clicks been through Hell and Back I mean everywhere from city to Bush to high country even some 4wd tracks and its absolutely bullet proof. Just give it the old 10km yearly service and You can't go wrong I mean it will not disappoint you and never let you down .
    I use it to work and it's a definite investment for cost savings very cheap to run .

Indestructible

Bought one of these many years ago with 86000 km on the clock, it had nearly 350000km when I bought a brand new sss C12, not even 2 years later the cvt in the c12 has gone, so back into the n15 I went and never looked back! Not made like they used to be, much better than the newer models that are all plastic and not well made

Engine Size2.0L Petrol
    Date PurchasedSept 2004

skipy123
    skipy123

Perfect car!

It was my first car in Australia once came here from overseas and I replaced nothing on it. Indestructible engine and very fun to drive. A bit thirsty once you put your pedal on it, but ok at low speed. I missed the cruise control and and sixth gear. This car from Nissan is an amazing car.

BadgeNS
    Date PurchasedMar 2005
    Linda C
    Linda CAU

Great first car

Bought it second hand and had no issues whatsoever with the car. Great first car purchase. Economical and cheap to service and run. Never had an issues and would recommend to all. Spacious boot. Would only wish it opened up like a hatchback and hence the ability to put in furniture.

BadgeST
    Date PurchasedMay 2000

Josh
    JoshHobart, TAS

Good reliable daily drive

Still runs well, cheap to run and getting around the 200k clicks mark, but despite this it still is fine.
    Wish people would stop denting it though haha. Would recommend given the price range. Only bad thing is they are the most stolen car in Australia (but that's what insurance is for I guess).

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Was the perfect car until the end..

Date PurchasedJune 2005
    Ramez
    RamezMelbourne

Awesome - Autech version 2.0L

I've owned two of these. Good power. Reliable. Easy to work on. Not many in the roads. For my second one, I stripped off the side skirts and the wing, so not being too loud to look at.
    My second one had a few mods, making it a sleeper.
    Plenty of fun.

August 11th 2018 Update: Bullet proof

Purchased a 1996 model with 150K on the clock in 2012.
    It was the Autech version with lumpy cams.
    Had a few mods on it. Was in pristine condition.
    Drove a lot better than my MB with 100K on the clock, and more reliable too.
    Low maintenance as per most Japanese cars.

Engine Size2.0L Petrol
    Date PurchasedMay 2013

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
    Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
    our-latest-expert-car-reviews
    PaulAU

Great economical and powerful care.

BadgeST Plus
    Date PurchasedApr 2012

Carmen
    Carmenmelbourne

Best Car! I don't think it will ever die!

I bought this car in 2009 and have just reached 300,000km! It's been such an awesome car and I think it's still valued at almost what I bought it for!
    The only thing I really hate about it is that it gets quite loud going fast on the freeway so I can't use hands free for my phone because I can't hear!
    I've had almost nothing go wrong with it except to replace a wheel bearing. Apart from that it just keeps going! It's fast for a small old car, turns well, easy to drive and I probably won't replace it until it stops working.
    In terms of fuel. I get about 400km per tank.

Awesome car

Wow driving experience great, my 1998 n15 Nissan pulsar is still going strong, I am the only owner and have done 428000ks. Best car ever thanks Nissan. Have travelled a lot in the car never broke down, very reliable. I will keep driving it till it stops. My brand new car.

Great Super reliable car

I have owned two N15 Nissan Pulsars. The first one I had for 6 years and got it too three hundred thousand plus k's and It never game me an issue. I should also mention I took really bad care of it and it still kept on going. Amazing engine. The automatic is a smooth ride but it has little power.

I would personally go with the Automatic after owning both man and auto as the Auto is a much much smoother ride.

Dale S M
    Dale S MBundaberg

Perfect run-about, great in every way

Kdawggy
    Kdawggy

Brilliant first car

Loved this little hatch. Very practical interior with folding back seats. No issues for 4 years until it hit 200k that's when everything went wrong. 5g worth of repairs then ended up selling it for 700. All four gas struts, distributor, starter motor, Steering rack boots, cv boots, brake rotors, Rear driveshaft support bearings and Gearbox seal all failed in a one year period. Other than that I loved the way it drove and handled, Very refined. Well I got 70 thousand ks out of it so I wasn't disappointed.

Badgelucino jj 4wd model
    mrmixem
    mrmixemACT, 2617

SSS Just keeps going

Engine Size2.0
    BadgeSSS

Best first car and it will be my last

Engine Size1.6