T31, T30, T32.I, T32.II
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nissan? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

De.C
De.CSouthwest, VIC

Great family car with lots of good features

This is a great car. With 2 kids there is enough back seat and boot space. It’s comfy, easy to drive and user friendly all round.
A few improvements that could be made:
Camera quality was better in my 2015 Hyundai i30
At this price point I think an automatic open/close boot would be nice
A reverse sound alert would be good - it doesn’t let you know if you are reversing and about to hit something.
Also the floor of the boot is removable and you can store stuff under there. It’s great but I find the removable floor isn’t overly strong - mine has slightly warped.

Purchased in March 2019 for $35,000.00.

scared
scared Perth, WA

scared to drive

Nissan x trail doing 60 km,s country road - truck comes past and bonnet is ripped back wards over windscreen

daughter now scared to drive - Nissan advise it is not a manufacturing issue

I see that America has had recalls on bonnet latch issues

Suresh P.
Suresh P.Sydney, NSW

The best car i ever had

I use this car for my work and it's excellent and value for money. It's world's most popular SUV and made in Japan and I am really impressed. Love it ❤️

Purchased in May 2021 at Nissan Dealers for $31,000.00.

Timeywimey
Timeywimey

36000km and catastrophic failure of electronic control module

Purchased in November 2019.

Automatic transmission died.

I bought a brand new 2011 Nissan X Trail always serviced every 10,000kms by a highly rated qualified mechanic. Immaculately clean and well looked after. Then I was shocked as my transmission died while I was driving. This happened only 7 years later in 2018 and the car had only 127,000 km on the clock. It left me out of pocket $3,000 to replace the transmission with a second hand one. Extremely disappointed.

Purchased in June 2011.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Achi
AchiSydney, NSW

Good car. But build quality is average

Deepak K.
Deepak K.North Western Region, NSW

Great car but faulty aircon

Aircon stops everytime in an hour while driving. Not enough air diffuse in that time. So frustrated. Need to turn off the ac for 5 minutes and turn on again to get some cold air. Mine is a 2014 ST model. Car is great and spacious interior.

Purchased for $19,000.00.

Taylor
TaylorSydney, NSW

Brilliant

We needed a new car as our old Mazda 3 was getting tired.... Most cars similar to the Mazda 3 are now very small so we went for a SUV. The X-trail ticks all the boxes. Reasonably priced, large boot, lovely interior and just the right about of features. The car is used for commuting and is the main family car on the weekends and it is perfect for our needs. I am not a big car lover, don't need anything fancy. But this one is the nice amount of fancy for someone like me.

Purchased in September 2020.

TransmissionAutomatic
Steven
StevenSydney, NSW

It literally fell apart!

My parents bought a brand-new X Trail in 2011. This car was immaculately looked after. Driven like an old man, kept incredibly clean inside and out, it was serviced before it’s due dates… nine years later, that’s right just nine years later, the transmission explodes. I’m only leaving this review because my dad takes such pride in what he owns and he looks after his things so incredibly well and it broke my heart to see him have to go through the stress and anxiety of having such an expensive machine simply fall apart.

Joe Bloke
Joe BlokeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Another CVT failure...

Purchased in February 2015.

Mike small
Mike smallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely rubbish

Purchased in March 2020.

LizB
LizBNsW

Love love love my car!

I traded in my 18 month old Pathfinder for my xtrail as the Pathfinder was too big for my now single parent family. The xtrail is absolutely perfect for me as I'm generally the only one in it but when my teens are with me, there is still room to relax. We've taken the car to Victoria and I had an extremely comfortable & fuel efficient trip to QLD last year. Car hasn't skipped a beat and Nissan Service have just been beautiful to me.

Purchased in April 2019 at Nissan Dealers.

Riz B
Riz BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Spacious Car

I use the car to commute to work as well as family transport. The Xtrail is great with plenty of space and leg room for both driver and passengers. The ST has all the basic tools, if you would like a bit more accessories then its worth to invest int he ST-L. We bought our Car from Brighton Nissan, Jimmy did his absolute best to help us with the car as well as Chris, Niraj and Antonio. I would definitely recommend Nissan Brighton.

Purchased at Nissan Dealers.

TransmissionAutomatic
David s
David sGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad but could be better

I also have issues with Drivers seat , when its done 30 kms. Clicking noise and a small play , when acclerating and Breaking. I replaced Driveres seat Rail under warrenty. Now comes back again also problem with temperature gauge showing 4 degrees higher constant hood vibranting and heater noise.. would i buy another it would have to have a major update

Purchased in December 2016 for $34,000.00.

Sarah W.
Sarah W.North Queensland, QLD

The greatest car I’ve driven!!

It’s a family car for us, so comfortable to drive. Seats are amazing. Great for long trips. I’ve never felt so safe in a car. Great price compared to other similar cars.

Purchased in October 2019 at Nissan Dealers for $27,000.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Noel
Noelasked
T32.I (2014-2017)

I have just bought an Xtrail 2015 QR25DE T32 I am alarmed by the Camber on this "thing" it measures out at 10mm "Camber on every wheel, front and back!! What is the correct 'Toe in, Camber, Caster ? I have a book that came with the car (from a dealer!)It doesn't tell me anything about Steering ETC.Can any body help? Noel.

Juma N.
Juma N.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

I got 2013 T31 diesel.
Car is bit Sluggish taking Off and needs high revs to gain speed. Took it to mechanics and was told that gearbox issues. And was told to replace whole gearbox. I dont understand if car changes gears alright then how possible will it need gearbox to replaced ? Any one can plz help on this one Thanks

Peter W
Peter Wasked
T31 (2008-2013)

Do Renault make the engine in the Xtrail T31 Tekna?

anthony
anthony

yes according to Nissans web site

Compare all 25 Nissan X-Trail
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price $28,490$30,990$32,490$32,990
TransmissionManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque200Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg1,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Dimensions