nlc

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (13), Line of Credit (1) and Split (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan Term4.053 years

BrentPerth, WA

Nothing but continued issues

Lucy H.nlc

Hi Brent, I am really sorry to hear of your experience and would like to review the matter as a priority. Would you kindly email me at feedback@nlc.com.au so that I can review the details and come back to you? Thanks Lucy

Brent

I have made contact and intend on continuing this review with the outcome.

EvaSydney Surrounds, NSW

I don't think I will be use them for my next car

I have signed up with NLC a few months back. I was thinking to trade in my car and get a new car after signed up. So call the customer service person I was dealing with before I signed up and sent a few emails and the person have never returned an email or a call to discuss it. I have a very strong feeling that they just care about new customers and not looking after the existing. The sales person saying the system saves the money and can use pre tax money to pay for the car and so on so on... But the fact is ...You are paying for extra cost for the fees

Hi Lucy, thanks.

SFL

SFLSydney, NSW

All the 1-star ratings are true. Avoid!

Pedro d.

Pedro d.

Hopeless after management change

Management seems to have changed in the last few months and the level of customer service is nothing but appalling. As some other reviews, NLC misses payments to the financier without any particular reason, and it's been nearly 3 months to rectify my issue. I keep getting calls/texts from the financier threatening to impact my credit rating even though my employer is making ongoing payments into the NLC account. Very sad to see what happened to the company after having experienced the previous management. I will definitely not renew the lease with NLC.

Johnny M.Sydney, NSW

Incompetent beyond belief

Brad

BradPerth, WA

Worst Experience

NLC had taken over 2 weeks to get back to me after my application was submitted. After all that i was declined due to a less than perfect credit rating. I went with another lease company, which actually got a better rate and approved in 48hrs. My company i work for employs over 10 thousand people and have recommended to them take on other lease companies due being so incompetent.

Lucy H.nlc

Hi Brad, I am sorry to hear of your experience and would like to review the matter as a priority. Would you kindly email me at feedback@nlc.com.au so that I can review the details and come back to you?
Thanks, Lucy

Zac

ZacCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not transparent

Sharks

They financed my car loan through Macquarie Leasing and didn't give me the info required to make a better decision. Please read the reviews on Macquarie Leasing before signing with NLC.
Macquarie is charging me 14.17% (double the advertised rate) and after paying $11000 on this loan I now owe more than the initial loan.
Also don't take their insurance quote. I got it for $200 cheaper.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

POOR SERVICE & INCOMPETENT

Nothing but delays and incompetence resulting in the need to complete all the paperwork a second time, weeks after the initial application. They blame everything on their sister company SG Fleet

Lucy H.nlc

Hi Peter, I understand one of our Customer Support managers has been in touch with you about your query. If you require any further assistance, please let us know. Thanks, Lucy

What. A. Waste.

What. A. Waste.Sydney, NSW

Absolute scam artists

Kyle F.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor account management

Lynette

Lynette

Good customer service

Very good after sales customer service to rectify a problem. The lack of inclusion of capped price servicing for purchase of a new car, which was not communicated to me at the time of purchase, was fully rectified when I raised the issue with NLC. Very satisfied with how this was dealt with.

Lucy H.nlc

Thank you for great feedback, Lynette!

Chris G

Chris GSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service with limited communication

Terrible customer service

BSL

Hi Lucy, I have already raised this issue and am waiting for a response.

STRSydney, NSW

Can’t believe how bad they are!

STR

Email with info sent. My wife already received few “We are sorry” phone calls therefore if another senior manager gonna just make an apology phone call ,I wouldn’t bother... Instead they could invest that time in training their staff...thanks

Lucy H.nlc

Hi STR, I understand that your wife has spoken with our customer experience manager. Thank you for your feedback, it has been invaluable in providing our team on-going training and process improvements. Thanks, Lucy

Ricky

RickyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling customer service

Shocking customer experience and service. My partner and I have had a car leased for more than three years. After the first leasing period elapsed, we decided to renew the lease because we’re happy with the car.
Though they wanted us to sign another lot of paperwork and pay the fees, they haven’t sent us a petrol car in months. We have followed them up multiple times, they were arrogant on the phone and via email and the petrol card is yet to arrive though the repeated “oh yes, the card is on its way!”. We are paying for petrol and service out of our own pocket, plus paying their leasing fees on top.
Simply appalling.

Lucy H.nlc

Bad experience-would not recommend to anyone

Foon C

Foon CSydney, NSW

Very poor follow up

Everything progressed very well until after the signing of the vehicle order form. After that there is no follow up at all. The consultant don't reply to my emails nor answer my calls to check on the status of the lease. I needed the car urgently and had worked very hard with the car dealer to secure the car. NLC just not delivering on their end.

Siva

SivaCanberra 2600, ACT

Might get you a good deal, but it ends there.

Shockingly poor customer service. It is so hard to find support for even petty issues. No one takes responsibility and almost no support offered after the sales stage. Even during the sales stage, I had to make ten calls for getting a response from the sales representative. I am not sure why would not he sit at his desk and respond to phone calls. Overall, It has been a terrible experience so far with NLC except for getting a reasonably good deal for a car that I was looking to buy.

Lucy H.nlc

2 months to set up a lease and still send quote for a different car. Heights of bad customer experience in todays world.

Had taken me 2 months to have a lease set up for my car. Everytime they go on radio silence and respond in upto 10 days after multiple follow ups. Quality of work is so poor that in the end after all documentation they send quote for wrong car and choose not to acknowledge the mistake, again radio silence for a week.

Scott H

Scott Hasked

If I have insurance with someone else and need to pay an excess, can I use my nlc account to pay the excess?

Lucy H.nlc

Hi Scott, thanks for your enquiry. The answer to your question is: "a driver can claim an insurance excess for reimbursement via their running cost account. This would be reimbursed from their maintenance fund and can only be done if their balance can support it".
Should you have any further questions please email your contact details to feedback@nlc.com.au . Thank you,
Lucy

Nab

Nabasked

I'm going through the process of getting a novated lease through NLC. Just signed the contract and then came across these reviews! OMG, simply terrifying!!! Are NLC guys trying to improve their processes? Especially customer service? I think you shouldn't aim for getting a contract signed, rather, think of retaining the customers to carry on with you guys for longer period of time and potential renewals. Anyway, can't say anything bad as yet, as I've just been through the first part that everyone says is an absolute breeze. Fingers crossed for the second part aka after sales service. Has the carboneverse thing now dropped which a lot of reviewers are winging about? I cannot see that on my quote though, maybe hidden somewhere? Also, I'm told that I'll be around $700 out of pocket per pay cycle, whereas the reviews say that you might be taken by surprise on your first salary after lease starts. Fingers and toes both crossed :D

Anika

Honestly, I would fine comb every word of that contract and ask as much detail as possible. Ask who the lender is and read their reviews. Included, which I wasn't told, is also a commission fee and insurance in case you lose your job. So many things I didn't know.
The fuel card they give you has extra charges so your fuel is more expensive than if you pay cash/normal bank card. The insurance quotes you get through them is ridiculous. (I got my own and they reimbursed me)
In my case, the loan was with Macquarie and if you get Macquarie then run like hell!!!! I will be paying $41k for a $28k car - even if I refinance because all the interest is added to their load upfront through very deceptive wording in their contract, It would have been cheaper to buy the car on a credit card.

R.Whitasked

Looking at early payout had loan for 16 months on a 5yr term therefore how is termination calculated?

Kyle F.

Why don't you ask NLC? I don't work for them.

Lucy H.nlc

Hi R. Whit, thank you for your query. The early payout figure is based on the number of finance payments remaining plus the residual value of the vehicle less a discount on interest plus gst so in this case:
34*lease repayments + Residual Value Discount on interest = Early Payout figure (inc GST)
Please email our Customer Support team: customersupport@nlc.com.au or phone 1800 652 652 if you would like to get a breakdown/payout figure. Thanks, Lucy

R.Whit

Thanks for your reply I will make contact as the payout figure we were given is much much higher then the figure I now get from your explanation. Thankyou

Get an answer from our members and nlc representatives