Noa Mattress

Noa Mattress

Double, King, King Single, Queen and Single

Very Good and Excellent Quality

very good and excellent mattress from tresaurebox.co.nz and i have to say that it is worth of my money and save me from the back pain thanks alot for help

Purchased at Raw Pleasure for $599.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Adjustment PeriodDays
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort No
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessSoft

Buy it!

I knew I made the right decision the first night I slept on my Noa and 2 months later I am still absolutely loving it. Great sleeps and no more getting up at night to stretch my tight back. I'm over 6 ft and this had always been a problem for me. This bed has helped immensely due to comfortable support.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi @Harrison Crow, We're thrilled to hear that you're loving the Noa mattress and enjoying a better quality of sleep. Thanks for sharing with the ProductReview.com.au Community! Maggie Customer Experience Team

Good mattress

The mattress is very comfortable and has retained its shape. I cannot fault it. I believe that this mattress will be durable and I'll enjoy it for years to come.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Martin! We really appreciate you sharing your experience. Happy to hear that you are loving the comfort :) Feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here to help. Maggie Customer Experience Team

Too firm for me but would buy from Noa again

Read online it was good for side and back sleepers, however it was a bit firm for me, causing me to wake up multiple times a night. Due to personal preference I have now bought another mattress online that's a lot more plush. However the Noa one was comfortable, durable and great quality. The entire shopping experience with Noa was amazing. Emails were replied straight away and they made returning it so, so easy. Would never buy a mattress in-store again after this experience! Thanks for a great experience.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi James! Thank so much for sharing your experience. We're truly humbled by your thoughtful review. While the firmness wasn't what you were looking for, we are incredibly appreciative to know that the quality of our product, the entire shopping process and our customer support team delivered a most enjoyable experience. We're pleased to mention that your return was donated to a charity for someone in need which is something we're incredibly proud to stand behind. Rachel Customer Experience Manager, Noa

The good & the Bad

After major renovations we moved into a new bedroom and wanted to upgrade form a queen to a king bed. The existing mattress was a queen Sealy Posturepedic which we were very happy with. But also needing a new bed base we decided to go with NOA as we needed a bed and base and the price was extremely attractive. The purchase was very easy and follow up from NOA was excellent. The first issue was delivery. I was told we would be contacted by the courier in advance to arrange delivery. The first and only contact I had was with a truck about to drive away from my house after I though I heard a knock at the door. Yes it was the NOA delivery and fortunately I was home. mmmmm only a driver and a small Indian gent at that. He opens up teh back of his small truck and it is load up with parcels of various size just thrown in along with some very large boxes...nothing is secured. He says "three boxes very heavy" and then leaps into the back of the truck and starts throwing other boxes around to make way to extract what I would soon discover actually required 3 Samoan weight lifters to move. So they sent two men and a truck, unfortunately I turned out to be one of those men. After much panting and heaving the small gent pushed the first box out of the truck and we both positioned ourselves to lift. To cut this story short I felt I had just gone 15 rounds with Mohammad Ali after we wrestled the last of the 3 boxes inside my house over a short flat path and I needed a lay down. Had I not been home or had there been anything but very easy access this would have been a nightmare. so for delivery itself I give 1 star.
We assemble the bed and release the magically expanding mattress and no real dramas..all fairly straight forward although the instructions need some improvement. .

The bed base.
Good- Looks great very solid and heavy.
Whats wrong.-
The base itself seem slightly too large for the mattress ..by about 4-5 cm exposing the slats on the sides.
There is a gap of about 10 cm between the bed head and the mattress. Your pill falls down the gap if it slides hard up against the bed head. It seems a very strange design to have this large gap.
Most annoyingly the bed head while very heavy and solid is not rigid with with bed. It has some very big bolts and 4 steel brackets to attach the bed head to the bed frame timber but the timber it attaches to flexes if you lean against the bed head it then moves/flexes backwards towards the wall.. As many will do we will often sit up in bed, for reading or having 'breaky in bed' the bed head flexes back against the wall. This is something that annoys the hell out of me that something as basic as this has not be addressed ion the design. We have had to attach some padding on the back of the bed head so it doesn't mark the newly painted wall.

The mattress
- the king size is amazing and I find it reasonably firm with a nice soft top layer I just flop into bed and it feels amazing...
There is however some major issues..while the bed is firm, it is only firm for a certain weight. I am a solid 100 Kg make..my partner 70Kgs... she loves it.. The issue for me is when weight is concentrated. for example...if I sit on the bed my weight is obviously concentrated and I sink in and it feels extremely soft. But if I lay flat for sleeping it feels great. If I want to roll over and use my hands, elbows, shoulder etc to leverage myself to roll as you would normally do, the sink in and it is way too soft to get leverage to push against. If I sit up in bed with my back against the flexing bed head, it is really noticeable ..by back side where the weight is concentrated sinks way in and my feed don't so I end up in an uncomfortable sitting positing with my feet slightly elevated. This never happened with our Sealy mattress.
And finally, we just don't buy beds to sleep in... we must forget the other pleasures in life. Again the issue above is very obviously if you are doing anything but laying flat on the mattress the softness when you concentrate any weight is an issue ..sitting, kneeling, pushups with hands/elbows etc.
So for just sleeping I'll give it a 4 star rating based on me being 100Kgs. but if you add in all activities I was left a bit disappointed. The cost was the big driving factor for us at the moment so we stick with the NOA for a couple of years..I'll have to try and modify the bed head to make it rigid with the bed as a short term project... and I think well bit the bullet and buy an expensive mattress when we can afford it.
Hope this is useful.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi @David, Thank you for sharing your feedback on your most recent experience. We sincerely appreciate you providing this helpful feedback as we continuously look to further enhance our product and services. We most certainly intend to provide white glove delivery in the near future in as many cities across the country as possible which will greatly improve the quality of service customers experience regarding shipping. Designing a singular mattress for firmness preferences and varying (customer) weight / height profiles for thousands of customers is no easy task - your feedback is highly specific and we do appreciate you sharing it with us as it'll help us focus on ways to identify improvements we can potentially make. Please email us at anytime if there's anything our team can do to further enhance your continued experience with us. Maggie Customer Experience Team

Average mattress

I’m a side-sleeper and had been tossing and turning a lot during the night and decided to give the Noa mattress a try.

I have owned a Madison Waldorf, a latex mattress and also a Sleepmaker Mila Plush and have never suffered from muscle tightness during the night or on waking up.

I have found the Noa Queen size mattress about a 7-8/10 for firmness. Maybe it will soften up over time but I’ve never believed that shoes should be broken in and have never had to break in a mattress.

There was a slight new smell from the mattress, so a few days airing it uncovered in a well ventilated room is a good idea before sleeping on it but it isn’t overwhelming.

I have been sleeping on the mattress for over a week and have been waking up with tightness in my back muscles, mainly around my lower back. It feels like I am waking up with tightness and soreness from a previous day’s workout and can only conclude that the mattress isn’t providing adequate support and flexibility in the right areas to maintain spinal alignment and reduce muscle stress.

The Noa site also states that is is made of natural materials that breathe and help reduce heat, however I have found the mattress to be noticeably warmer, to the point of being uncomfortable. I have stopped wearing a t-shirt to bed and long cotton pyjama pants and have only been able to wear shorts due to the added heat radiating from the mattress. Maybe it is the mattress cover not being pure cotton and retaining heat but my pure cotton sheets and summer weight wool quilt cannot dissipate the heat that is getting trapped inside the Noa mattress. I usually lie on my stomach while falling asleep and I can feel how quickly the heat builds up against my stomach forcing me to constantly move to a cooler area.

I will be sending the mattress back as it hasn’t performed better than my older mattress but try it out as it might work for you better than it has for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi @N.O Dyson, Many thanks for sharing your feedback. If the mattress just isn't right for you and falls within the 100 night trial period, please send us an email at support@noasleep.com and we'll be happy to assist you. Jon Customer Experience Team, Noa

Comfortable, but too firm, and too hot.

First, the positives, the comfort is quite good. It seems of decent quality, for a very good price point. The tencil cover has a nice feel to it. Finally, an excellent return policy (which I will be pursuing).
However, I have not found it to be completely 'odorless' as some people mention. The polyester fabric and polyurethane foams have a clear odor, even after a couple months of use! Some people have mentioned that it has less odor than the Koala, I haven't found this to be true. It's not overbearing either, but I expected better, from the reviews.
I am a side sleeper, as are the majority of people.. But I find this mattress does not adequately relieve pressure, as such, it's just a few percentage points too firm for my liking. Being male, my shoulders are the problem area, I would assume woman might have issues with their hips on this mattress. It's close, but just not quite good enough.
Finally, and this is the worst aspect for me. It sleeps HOT! I'll admit, I have a high sleeping metabolism and thus am a hot sleeper, but I find this mattress very hot. I've had trouble getting sufficient sleep on all but the coolest of nights, and the worst part of summer has yet to hit. My old mattress was latex, which already have a reputation for sleeping hot, but this mattress was far worse. I wanted to like this mattress, but it's just not for me.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi @Mike, We sincerely appreciate your thoughtful feedback. Your experience will certainly contribute to helping us further look at ways to continuously improve our product. We do recognize that the mattress isn't right for everyone which makes the 100 night trial a great, risk-free way for consumers to return it should they choose to. Feel free to email us at support@noasleep.com anytime. Our team is happy to assist you in any way that it can. Happy Holidays! Maggie Customer Experience Team

Loving it!!!

Super highly recommend this mattress, esp if you love foam/spring combos. got it a week back and loving it so much. & so much cheaper than showroom mattresses of the same type & quality. Delivery was easy, set-up even easier. :D

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Deborah! We're thrilled to hear that you're loving your new mattress. Thank you so much for sharing your review. Happy zzz's :) Jon Customer Experience Team

Goldilocks of firmness to softness

This mattress sits in the goldilocks area of not too firm and not too soft. It’s just right. I struggle to fall asleep some nights because I’m kept awake by thinking how bloody comfy my bed is haha! Definitely recommend!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi @Junior! We're thrilled to hear! Thank you so much for sharing your candid feedback on the comfort and firmness of the Noa mattress. Feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here to help :) Jon Customer Experience Team

Cannot fault this product. Love it!`

We purchased this mattress for our guest bedroom and slept on it for 3 weeks when we first moved in whilst we were waiting for our other furniture to arrive. I must admit I was a bit skeptical about a "mattress in a box" but it is brilliant!! So comfy, its cool to sleep on, has kept its shape and is really durable. Very very impressed. Have already recommended NOA to others looking for a new mattress.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hey @KJG89, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the ProductReview.com.au community. We're truly thankful to hear that you love the Noa mattress. Wishing you happy zzz's :) Maggie Customer Experience Team

Great for my back

This Noa mattress arrived within 2 days to Canberra and was easy and quick (not even a minute) for it to take normal form outside the packaging. In my opinion, this mattress is more on the firmer side (I wouldn't want to go any firmer) but this is not a negative as such - it may not be the most comfy but it's pocket springs designed to relieve pressure points and latex/memory foam do wonders for my back/neck/shoulders. This was the reason I bought this as well as the natural latex and hybrid benefits. I used to wake up feeling rigid and with bones cracking on my old mattress but quite literally from night 1 of sleeping on this mattress I have had no such experiences; I might go to bed feeling sore from the days work but always wake up feeling rejuvenated. I'm a back sleeper and my partner is a side sleeper, and I occasionally sleep on my stomach which isn't an issue due to the firmness. The low partner disturbance is very effective as well as my partner wakes early for work, and there is no creaking and utmost ease of effort for other bedtime activities. I've almost finished my trial for this Noa mattress, my partner nor I have ever once thought of returning it and will remain a happy customer! Definitely reccomended, especially if one needs help with mild-medium back issues.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Jordanna, Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're so happy to hear that you and your partner have found awesome sleep with the Noa mattress. Happy zzz's! Jon Customer Experience Team

Amazing!

Mattress is amazing. Back issues are gone and i am sleeping better than ever before. It arrived quickly and unpacking and getting the mattress ready was a breeze. Thanks Noa!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Chris! We're so happy to hear that you absolutely love your Noa mattress and found awesome sleep. Many thanks for sharing your feedback with the community. Maggie Customer Experience Team

Happy to recommend to anyone

I have to say I am extremely happy with my purchase. In fact have been meaning to do this review for sometime.

I even kept the post card type thing you get with it and was going to send an email to the owners.

I must admit when the mattress first arrived I was very apprehensive because I hadn't watched the video of how the mattress unfolds and expanded in to shape. But it is actually quite amazing. My father and I actually watched together with keen interest. Entertaining to watch even.

Previous to this mattress I bought a very hard mattress because I do have a bad back. Unfortunately it was just far to hard and never loosened at all so I was waking up feeling worse everyday. I looked at Mattresses online and came across this. I thought give it a go and if it feels awful they will take it back.

Never had a better mattress in my life. Nice and firm but with enough give to make me feel very comfortable. I have never been a good sleeper either and will not say now that I even get a full good nights sleep but can guarantee it is not the mattress. My back is feeling better and I'm definitely sleeping better.

I would recommend the mattress to anyone.

I didn't give it 5 because it's hard to say anything is perfect but if I could have I would give it a 4 and a half star.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Gavin, On behalf of the entire team at Noa, we sincerely thank you for sharing your positive experience. We're thrilled to know that you're loving your Noa mattress! Jon Customer Experience Team

Delighted

Both of us are very happy - just the right amount of support and, very importantly, regulates temperature so well. We had tried a brand without pocket springs and returned it within three months due to sagging. That brand is now off the market. So far our Noa has maintained its shape and appears to be durable. On our experience so far we would never consider buying overpriced mattresses from traditional sellers again.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Craig, Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We're really happy to hear that you're pleased with the comfort and quality of our product. Sending you our warmest regards and sincere appreciation for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Maggie, Customer Experience Team

I only needed one night to decide that this was perfect.

Been sleeping on my Noa mattress for about a week now and I cannot find a fault. I don't know why they give you 100 nights to decide if it's right for you, because I only needed one.

Firmer mattress underneath with a cloud-like cushion top. The mattress is very supportive but also very comfortable. My neck and back issues have decreased dramatically in just a few nights.

The ordering and delivery process couldn't be easier. I will add that the mattress has considerable weight behind it (which I think is a testament of its quality). I won't need to use the return option, but I am sure it would be no hassle.

I'm going to be recommending this to everyone.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you so much for sharing such humbling feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you absolutely love your Noa mattress. Please feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything our team can do to make your experience more enjoyable :) Maggie, Customer Experience Team

Best night's sleep

I am perfectly well supported on a medium-firm feel mattress with a plush top. Delivering my best night's sleep in years! A little heavy to move the mattress on your own.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi @Bri, We're so happy to hear that you've found awesome sleep thanks to the Noa mattress. Feel free to reach out anytime :) Happy zzz's! Jon Customer Experience Team

Mattress too sinky and soft but exceptional ethos, customer service, and online ordering process.

I echo Franky's 2 star review below - I found the mattress too sinky and felt unsupported. Tried it for two weeks just to be sure. On the plus side, there was not an ounce of pressure felt when I lie on my side, and being a skinny guy this is a big plus. So I give one star for that and one big star for the whole experience of ordering and chatting to staff - exceptional.

I have ordered several mattresses in the last few years and this was the only one which process felt smooth, and I never felt like I was being swindled, a need to doubt or wonder if a question would be answered. Amazing and refreshing and I love your ethos too, so if you guys would be willing to develop a much firmer mattress (I would both happily try it) then, you would just tick every box.

Best wishes to you Sir and your company

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi @Chistofff, Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry to hear that the mattress wasn't just right for you - that's what make the 100 night trial, with hassle-free returns, practical for so many. Please accept our sincere appreciation for your feedback regarding our exceptional shopping experience and customer service team. Maggie Customer Experience Team

Could be smaller

Mattress is very comfortable and supportive, have not had it long enough to determine if it is durable.
Only beef I have is that the mattress is very large for a double, it only just fits on our bed,and very hard to fit a double sheet.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi there! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're happy to hear that you have thus far enjoyed the comfort and support of the mattress. Our products are considered standard size in Australia - perhaps the thickness of 28cm (11'') may require fitted sheets that allow for that height. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime if we may further assist you. We're always here to help :) Kind regards, Maggie

Great experience

We gave Noa a try. The whole experience was spectacular. The bed was easy to set up and comfortable. I really liked the feel of the bed, but because of back issues, my wife experienced back pain on the bed so we had to return it.

Upon notifying Noa of our intent to return, the whole process was professionally handled and effortless. We received our refund as promised... So even if we did not do business, we can still part as friends... And I think that speaks volumes.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi @George, Please accept our most sincere appreciation for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and try the Noa mattress. The 100 night trial is the best way to know whether a mattress is right for you and we're happy to hear that your experience with our team was a great one. Maggie, Customer Experience Team

A great Option

A great option
I was sceptical of buying a mattress online, untested, but my Wife convinced me it was worth trying. I'm glad. The purchase process was easy and our custom was clearly valued. We purchased about 3 months ago.The mattress has been fantastic. A little harder than I was used to but have come to love it. after few weeks its wonderful . All the best NOA MATTRESS, you deserve it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi @Sam! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with the ProductReview.com.au community. We're so glad to hear that you and your wife have come to love the Noa mattress. Please feel free to write us anytime - our team is always happy to help :) Rachel Head of Customer Experience

Is this company based overseas? There is not contact number for them anywhere.

Can anyone comment on the amount of partner disturbance you feel on this mattress? We have been sleeping on a King Size Koala for a month now, and every time my partner rolls or shifts in the bed, the mattress shakes from side to side. My partner is 80kgs and I am 60kgs. I don’t think this should be happening and Koala can’t help. We are considering sending the Koala back to purchase the Noa in the hopes it will be less shaky/bouncy. I wanted to know if anyone has tried Noa in comparison to foam only mattress and what your thoughts are.
Hi @Victoria! Thank you for sharing your question. The Noa mattress was designed to minimize motion transfer and partner disturbance by incorporating a specific layer of 2cm transition foam between the cooling memory gel and pocket springs. We would also add that in contrast to several foam only mattresses with a thickness of roughly 23cm (9'') and featuring 2-3 layers of foam, the structure of the Noa incorporates more than 5 layers totalling 28cm (11'') which allows for partner movement to better transfer across a more solid build of premium materials. Hopefully this makes sense :) We do encourage you to check out our reviews (both on our site as well as independent third-party sites) for testimonials by customers providing feedback regarding this topic. A final suggestion is to consider the type of bed frame you are using (floor, platform, slat-based) as this may also impact motion transfer between sleeping partners. Please feel free to reach out to our team at support@noasleep.com anytime. We're always happy to help Maggie Customer Experience Team

Price and delivery time, also want to know what does the warranty cover and how it’s different from ecosa mattress?
Hi @Gonerogo! Thank you for writing us and sharing your questions. The king size Noa mattress is currently $899. Orders ship for free within 2 business days and are typically delivered within 3-7 business days. Once your product ships, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number. We of course invite all customers to reach out to us by email at any time to provide them with greater insight into the status of their delivery. For more information on our 15 year warranty, please see https://www.noasleep.com/au-en/warranty/ The design of the Noa hybrid mattress is rather different from Ecosa's (as is the case with many foam-only mattresses). We challenged ourselves to design and engineer one of the world's first, and only hybrid mattresses, delivered in a box at an incredibly low price. Foam-only mattresses are quite easy to manufacture and package. Furthermore and based on industry data, foam mattresses traditionally (1) retain a little more body heat due to poor airflow (i.e. limited breathability due to adhesives between foam layers), (2) offer inferior support for your body as foam materials sink and sag over time (in contrast to thick-gauge pocket springs) and (3) provide less edge support. Specifically for Ecosa, based on your size preference, they are more expensive than Noa. The sleep experience between a hybrid and foam-only mattress is quite significant, in large part due to the use of responsive pockets springs. The Noa mattress features orthopaedic quality pocket springs which provide greater support, bounce and breathability while also enhancing the durability of the product. Brief, the best way to know whether you'll enjoy a mattress (from any brand) is to try it in the comfort and privacy of your own home. That's why the 100 night trial is so great. If the Noa mattress just isn't right for you, let us know and we'll schedule a free return pickup. Once collected, we'll donate it to a local charity and refund you in full. Please feel free to reach out to our team at support@noasleep.com for more information. We're always happy to help. Maggie Customer Experience Team

SingleDoubleKing SingleQueenKing
Price (RRP) $799.00$999.00$899.00$1,099.00$1,199.00
Type Latex, Memory Foam and Pocket SpringLatex, Memory Foam and Pocket SpringLatex, Memory Foam and Pocket SpringLatex, Memory Foam and Pocket SpringLatex, Memory Foam and Pocket Spring
FirmnessMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium FirmMedium Firm