NRMA Home Insurance

NRMA Home Insurance

pressuremat2008

pressuremat2008Hunter Region, NSW

Very efficient claims process.

Very happy with how our claim was settled. I had a few issues with the app but the claims officer was excellent. Steered me through the process and was courteous and helpful. I pay a higher premium for a higher level of cover and service and that it what I received.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Pressuremat2008! Thank you so much for the positive review. We're glad to hear you had a great claim experience with us and you received great service. :) ~Natalie

Tracey

Tracey

Quick and efficient response to upgrading my current home building insurance

Received a very efficient response to upgrading my current NRMA home building insurance policy. Web chat clear and concise and resolved issue in matter of minutes. Thank you very much.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thank you for letting us know about your experience and your kind words Tracey. Do you know the name of the member of staff you spoke with so that we can pass on the great feedback? Thank you ~ Lizzy

KLowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware of NRMA home insurance

KLow

Hi Natalie. I dont use Facebook.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Are you able to use the "Ticket" option on this website? We want to make sure to protect your privacy. ~ Jono

Mick

MickIllawarra, NSW

Cant hear

I have been in talks with alot of people in NRMA over last few days ,Joy, Ronal and two other young people.
I just want to say in writing that i appologise to Joy and one other young women i think was called Jenny.
It was taken out on you and thats not who iam, iam sorry.
My claim has been fixed up and iam very grateful for a ending to the hearing aid saga.
Everyone in my house can hear again thank you Joy and thank you NRMA.
I ve been with NRMA for 16 yrs and ill stay .
Have a great day Henny Ogorman.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateNovember 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Heny, thank you so much for your kind Review. I will forward this to our staff who were involved. :) ~ Jono

NRMA Home Claims. Terrible service. Appears to be just an offshore call centre.

Frustrated with the NRMA Home Claims process. Multiple calls to multiple people in an offshore call centre that appear to handle multiple insurance companies and still getting nowhere. Its like I keep having the same conversation over and over again with different people - no one person seems to be taking ownership of my claim and following it through to get resolution for me and to get my home repaired. Its now 6 weeks or so on and we are still literally camping in our home surrounded by damage. What an embarrassment from a company that promises to offer HELP and a personalised service.

Poor customer service - Loyalty

Been with NRMA home insurance for over 5 years. When changing across we were informed we had accidental damage. Turns out we don't - with poor customer service - they were not willing to assist (We even offered to upgrade with our claim). Our loyalty was disregarded, we are changing insurance first thing Monday. Very upset with the result. Do not recommend this service.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateOctober 2019

Sue C

Sue C

Contents insurance

I would like to lower my contents insurance to nil or $10,000 and NRMA will not allow me to do this. I am told because I own my home I must have contents insurance. Surely this should be my decision not NRMA. I am not happy and might have to go to another insurance company.

ol t.

ol t.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely useless and dishonest!

Incompetent moron.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateApril 2018
Lisa
Lisa
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Are you able to go to the Raise a Ticket section and provide your claim number? ~ Jono

MONTROSESouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing... so much for being a loyal customer

Reviewer1989

Reviewer1989South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible customer service

Made a claim end of July for a leak in our bathroom. Turns out we have no waterproofing (older house, bought last year) and insurance refuses to accept claim. Called shortly after claim was submitted and told the builders report wasn't submitted yet. Two months later and I had to call again and be on hold for 20 minutes just to be told they won't fix our bathroom. Fair enough regarding leak. Very frustrating but I'm more unhappy about the pathetic customer service.

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateJuly 2019

Nadine

NadineHunter Region, NSW

Incompetent, dishonest.

After 17 years with nrma, I made my first claim. My neighbours disease ridden tree smashes two fences, and damages my professionally maintained pool. NRMA only offers to repair colour bond fence only. Three phone calls to nrma stating my pool is my main priority were ignored and not assessed as part of my claim.

A....J.....

A....J.....

Online chat and online claim lodged, service excellent

Had a power outage and lodged an online claim for food spillage. Spoke online afterwards with a consultant, and they finalized the claim within 5 minutes. Online vouchers sent out, very quick efficient and easy process....

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi AJ, I am glad to hear how easy you found the online services for you claim and that it was all sorted so quickly for you. ~ Jono

Jen-E

Jen-EHunter Region, NSW

Webchat and online claims great first time experience

it has been a great first time experience web chat and online services... thanks for your help Emma :)
an ease process of online claiming, approval and web help all under 30min! No holding on the phone. all information stored in online claims and much better than another insurance company i had dealings with today. 5 stars NRMA!!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Jen-E, thank you for the positive review. I am glad to see you have been happy with our online services and webchat. ~ Jono

Ray BrownSydney, NSW

Household Insurance Overpriced

After receiving my yearly insurance invoice. I felt it was overprice so I called another well known insurance for my age group their quote was approximately $400 lower. I contacted NRMA that was off shore I asked for a review he said unable to help but would get back to me, Two hours later I received two emails for the original price. I currently have six policies with NRMA, I have been insured with NRMA since 1965.

Ray Brown

I am still awaiting a reply about a review from your off shore that I made last Thursday 5th Sep.
I am due to make a decision by Friday 13 so could you please contact me by then otherwise I will go elsewhere

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ray, I can see from your messages with us on Facebook you have said it is no good if that manager calls you back. Looks like our Facebook team have arranged for their supervisor to call you instead. ~ Jono

HW2nSydney, NSW

Devastating, frustrating and dispointing

I have 5 policy with NRMA for 17 years. There is absolutely no customer services when you want to make a claim. You will only receive a courtesy update (possibly from a machine), but never delivery any result.
Even when you call to follow up, you will only receive response such as the claim is still in process. Then follow with another courtesy update. Lodged my claim since June 2019.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJune 2019
HW2n

I've just cancelled 2 of my policy and will wait to cancel the 2 CTP when it expired in June 2020. I will also cancel the building once this claim over.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

If you haven't already used the link above to contact us to help, the offer is still available. ~ Jono

Tough times during and after the work

So I had a nightmare of a time dealing with the guy replacing my floor boards. Not after 6 months the floors seem to have swelled up for no reason . It looked though the guy laying the floors didn't air the section out that flooded . What can I do about this ?

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Tyler, sorry to hear your repairs aren't up to standards. Can I please ask you send us a message through Facebook so we can escalate the repair work done ASAP. ~Natalie

Devastatingly disappointing-so upset.

Policy is twice as expensive as comparable ones on the market. Staff do not have knowledge of policies. It has been 3 months since I raised my claim and all I have had is a never endyseries of ‘yes we will cover that’ followed by being told it’s not covered. No one person handles a claim so there is no accountability and they, in their opinion, are never wrong. I have been financially impacted seriously due to the incompetence and and complete lack of service from NRMA.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Property TypeVilla
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Storm and Rainwater
Claim DateMay 2019

Sam R

Sam RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Claim process is hassle free

I have had NRMA insurance for home and contents; Landlord insurance for 3 properties, car insurance and have never had any issues with any claim. The only thing stopping me from giving 5 star is the cost of the insurance premium is much higher than most of the insurance companies. Claim is processed in a timely manner and without any hassle, you feel you are glad you are insured.

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Sam, thanks for the positive review! We are glad to hear your claim process was easy and you had no hassles. We also appreciate the feedback around our premiums - happy to pass it onto the pricing team. ~Natalie

Go anywhere but the NRMA. They're "insurance" is a complete fabrication

Claim DateApril 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

If you change your mind Donna, we are always happy to help escalate this for you. ~Kaz