Incompetent, dishonest.

After 17 years with nrma, I made my first claim. My neighbours disease ridden tree smashes two fences, and damages my professionally maintained pool. NRMA only offers to repair colour bond fence only. Three phone calls to nrma stating my pool is my main priority were ignored and not assessed as part of my claim.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Hi Nadine, we definitely appreciate your loyalty and it makes us sad to hear we've made you feel this way. We don't want you to continue to feel ignored. Can I ask you please send us a PM on Facebook so we can escalate your claim to the right person? Please let us know you've come from product review and let us know your claim details.~Natalie https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/

Online chat and online claim lodged, service excellent

Had a power outage and lodged an online claim for food spillage. Spoke online afterwards with a consultant, and they finalized the claim within 5 minutes. Online vouchers sent out, very quick efficient and easy process....

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Hi AJ, I am glad to hear how easy you found the online services for you claim and that it was all sorted so quickly for you. ~ Jono

Webchat and online claims great first time experience

it has been a great first time experience web chat and online services... thanks for your help Emma :)
an ease process of online claiming, approval and web help all under 30min! No holding on the phone. all information stored in online claims and much better than another insurance company i had dealings with today. 5 stars NRMA!!

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Hi Jen-E, thank you for the positive review. I am glad to see you have been happy with our online services and webchat. ~ Jono

Household Insurance Overpriced

After receiving my yearly insurance invoice. I felt it was overprice so I called another well known insurance for my age group their quote was approximately $400 lower. I contacted NRMA that was off shore I asked for a review he said unable to help but would get back to me, Two hours later I received two emails for the original price. I currently have six policies with NRMA, I have been insured with NRMA since 1965.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Ray, we aren't always going to be the cheapest insurer but we do aim to provide the best cover and service. It sounds like we let you down there. If you would like me to review your policy and those quotes you got from the other insurer please PM me using this link https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/ and let us know you have come from Product Review. ~ JonoI am still awaiting a reply about a review from your off shore that I made last Thursday 5th Sep. I am due to make a decision by Friday 13 so could you please contact me by then otherwise I will go elsewhereHi Ray, I can see from your messages with us on Facebook you have said it is no good if that manager calls you back. Looks like our Facebook team have arranged for their supervisor to call you instead. ~ Jono

Devastating, frustrating and dispointing

I have 5 policy with NRMA for 17 years. There is absolutely no customer services when you want to make a claim. You will only receive a courtesy update (possibly from a machine), but never delivery any result.
Even when you call to follow up, you will only receive response such as the claim is still in process. Then follow with another courtesy update. Lodged my claim since June 2019.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJune 2019
Hi HW2n, sorry to hear your claim isn't being completed as fast as you would like and is still in process. We aim to complete claims as soon as possible. I am happy to have someone from our claims team contact you to talk to you further about your claim and give you an understanding about when it is likely to be completed and am sorry if this wasn't provided when you did speak with us. Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ JonoI've just cancelled 2 of my policy and will wait to cancel the 2 CTP when it expired in June 2020. I will also cancel the building once this claim over.If you haven't already used the link above to contact us to help, the offer is still available. ~ Jono

Tough times during and after the work

So I had a nightmare of a time dealing with the guy replacing my floor boards. Not after 6 months the floors seem to have swelled up for no reason . It looked though the guy laying the floors didn't air the section out that flooded . What can I do about this ?

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Tyler, sorry to hear your repairs aren't up to standards. Can I please ask you send us a message through Facebook so we can escalate the repair work done ASAP. ~Natalie https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/

Devastatingly disappointing-so upset.

Policy is twice as expensive as comparable ones on the market. Staff do not have knowledge of policies. It has been 3 months since I raised my claim and all I have had is a never endyseries of ‘yes we will cover that’ followed by being told it’s not covered. No one person handles a claim so there is no accountability and they, in their opinion, are never wrong. I have been financially impacted seriously due to the incompetence and and complete lack of service from NRMA.

Property TypeVilla
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid and Storm and Rainwater
Claim DateMay 2019
HI Sat. Really disappointing that we've made you feel this way. I apologise that you feel our staff don't have the knowledge and this is something we would love to pass feedback on about. I would also love to escalate your claim and organise a call back from one person to look after you and discuss where your claim is. Can I please ask you send us a PM on Facebook & let us know you've come from Product Review with your claim details. Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP. ~Natalie https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/

Claim process is hassle free

I have had NRMA insurance for home and contents; Landlord insurance for 3 properties, car insurance and have never had any issues with any claim. The only thing stopping me from giving 5 star is the cost of the insurance premium is much higher than most of the insurance companies. Claim is processed in a timely manner and without any hassle, you feel you are glad you are insured.

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Hi Sam, thanks for the positive review! We are glad to hear your claim process was easy and you had no hassles. We also appreciate the feedback around our premiums - happy to pass it onto the pricing team. ~Natalie

Go anywhere but the NRMA. They're "insurance" is a complete fabrication

While you're busy working away to cover the astronomical monthly cost of insurance, NRMA are just as busy doing everything they can to avoid covering any damage. They have just made me get extensive work done on a roof that is perfectly fine and meets the industry standards for a skylight installation because they are saying the area of tile is causing water damage to the ceiling 12 metres away from it. They believe the water has come in through the skylight and levitated to various other parts of the house to cause damage. Now I'm up for hundreds of dollars to "repair" the skylight when there's nothing wrong with it before they'll fix the problem. Meanwhile rain is pouring in through the holes in the ceiling, furniture and carpet is being damaged and the cost of repair is creeping up and up. As soon as this work is finally done, no idea how long this will all take, I'm getting away from NRMA. Any other insurance company would be better. Dodgy Pete's Insurance is sounding like a much better option right now.

Go anywhere else. You'll just be throwing money out the window with the NRMA.

Claim DateApril 2019
Hi Donna, sorry to hear about your current claim and the water damage. It's important to make sure any home is water tight to avoid future damage that may not be covered. We also offer a life time guarantee for the work our builders do. To make sure we can honour this guarantee we may require customers to complete rectification work. If you feel this is incorrect or the work should not be required I am happy to have someone from our claims team contact you about your options. Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ JonoThanks Jono. The house is watertight except for where there is storm damage. The work I've been forced to do has nothing to do with the storm damage and my builder can confirm it is actually perfectly watertight in the area NRMA are saying is the cause of water damage 12 metres from the site. I would PM you but I'm far too busy dealing with all the unnecessary paperwork I already have to waste time on from the NRMA.If you change your mind Donna, we are always happy to help escalate this for you. ~Kaz

Disgraceful incompetence

Claim [Number Removed] was approved but I left for overseas and attempted to follow through details by email, telling them repeatedly that I could only communicate about this by email and not telephone.
Unfortunately they could not handle this and the results so far would make a good humorous skit if they were not such a pathetic commentary on the abject incompetence of both the system and its unfortunate employees, who appear incapable of understanding or writing basic English.
I am still waiting for the details of an extremely simple claim to be sorted out.
So, after 35 years of insuring with NRMA, it’s now goodbye from me.

Claim DateApril 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience Rodger and it is sad to see you go. I have contacted the team assigned to your current complaint that you emailed through and forwarded on your comments. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help ~ Lizzy

Very quick claim settlement

My home claim for accidental damage for a mobile phone was finalized with money for repairs in my account in a few days - excellent communication and service. I've been a very long term customer and this was my first home claim. Thankyou NRMA!

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateAugust 2019
Hi Kazza, thanks for sharing your claims experience. We are pleased to have been able to meet your expectations. Please reach out if you need help with anything. ~ Jono

Still waiting for approval to commence work

hailed damaged car assesed in Feb 19, taken to repairer on 1 Aug 19, 7 days later work still has not commenced as the repairer is still waiting for NRMA to approve the work

Claim MadeYes
Hi Anthony, thanks for sharing your experience with us and making us aware. This isn't the way we want our customers feeling during claim time and not the level of service we aim to provide. Can you please PM us your details through Facebook and let us know you've come from Product Review so we can chase it up for you and get things moving. ~Natalie https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/

Kafkaesque experience

A warning to:
Senior Citizens.
Pensioners.
War Veterans.
Veterans.
Strata Owners.

NRMA member forty years.

I am a 72 year old who qualifies for all of the above in the list of "A warning".
As a baby boomer at times I find some dismiss some of us as old and possibly not the full quid.
That came across when talking to this particular person in the claims section of NRMA.
One of the service associations tried to discuss my claim with NRMA but got short shrift apparently without any resemblance of a polite standard reply like confidentiality etc.
The Kafka reference is a famous work warning about the dire consequences of challenging an unwieldy bureaucracy.

I had water damage January 2019 from dislodged roof tiles.
The local NRMA office advised me to submit a claim to the claim section which I did.
I had two assessor inspections by Steamatic.
I was asked by NRMA to write to the strata committee of this strata for a “Denial Letter re Damages” for processing an insurance claim for water damage of walls and carpet. I sent the request to the strata committee/through the strata manager.
Apparently this is standard procedure in strata when a claim is made for water damage.
It seems as if NRMA have also written to Strata.
Inspectors from Steamatic visited twice to do an assessment. They were courteous and professional and confirmed the carpet in my bedroom and the family needed replacing.
The inspector inspecting the damage to the air conditioner and water stains down the freshly painted walls mentioned there may be a query as to responsibility for damage as it could be a Strata matter.
As I did not keep the rotten bedding, artwork and a collectable the inspector advised that is a problem because they need evidence or at least a photo. I did not have either though he could see the black sludge spewing from the air conditioner onto the new bedding.
I accepted his assessment because I have never made an insurance claim before so was not aware of the procedure.
I was getting fed up with this back and forth and had no option but to replace the rotten carpet in the living room because it was detrimental to my health.
I would like my bedroom back as I cannot sleep in there with stinking rotten carpet.
I would like to have my water stained walls repainted and the air conditioner repaired or replaced before the summer heat sets in.
I once again tried the claim division of NRMA to find out what is happening.
I spoke to a man by the name of [name removed] in the claims section of NRMA.
He was incredibly rude and I asked him to please stop patronising/condescending.as he used varying tactics to try and stall the processing of the claim.
He agreed the carpet replacement is approved but the repair/replacement of the air conditioning unit is open to assessment who is responsible, NRMA content insurance or the Strata.
He argued it was necessary for the painting of the walls and replacement of the air conditioning unit need to be done before the carpet was replaced.
This is stupidity in the extreme. I asked why and he something along the lines tradesmen would come in with dirty shoes and damage the carpet.
I told him he is talking about TECO who must install thousands of air-conditioning units without damaging carpets. That goes for painting of the walls as well. The walls had only been painted in the last six months without a drop spilt on the carpet. I have no idea what his mindset is though he is speaking on behalf of NRMA so it must be policy. Painters use drop sheets.
He then rambled on about getting a reply from the strata.
I told him the strata manager we have usually do not return phone calls let alone answer letters.
It is beyond my understanding why NRMA cannot or will not persists with getting a reply from a strata committee or strata manager if NRMA feels the responsibility lays there. I wonder if it’s part of the stalling process.
I asked him why an organization as big as NRMA does not have a department (or legal) who deals with strata as there is a booklet that sets outs clearly strata/owners responsibilities readily available from the Department of Fair Trading that is written for the general public to read in simple clear English that is online if NRMA does not have a copy. Maybe even a phone call?
My doctor has advised it is advisable I move out from this residence as the residue from rotten carpet and mud spewing from the air conditioner is dangerous considering my major health problems.
Unfortunately I own this unit so it would mean moving to a motel or hotel until the NRMA gets its act together.
In general discussion I am aware of this site from one other senior citizen to give me an idea what I’m up against and it seems as this spokesperson, [name removed], speaking for NRMA is only following policy so there is nothing much can be done.
As it is when the second assessor came out I did not have the will to argue so let all the other damages ride because I did not keep the rotten bedding, artwork and damaged bedroom furniture because I want to live in my home without suffering further deteriorating health. So NRMA has won by bludgeoning a sick person into submission, combined with mind blowing inanity stalling tactics to avoid settling a claim.
To give another example of this woeful aggressive trial by attrition this [name removed] when I said the water damaged air conditioner may be a fire risk immediately retorted with something along the lines “if that’s so I can get an electrician out there tomorrow to disconnect the power”.
Sadly that says it all.
Then to add to the misery I had a request from Steamatic for another assessment inspection.
It was short notice and I had no idea what or why because I had buckled to the degree to waive everything except the replacement of the carpet, the repainting of a section of a recently freshly painted wall and replace/repair the air conditioner and did not have the energy to haggle away further entitlement claims.
I told Steamatic I accepted the previous assessments and given in by paring the claim down to the bare basics and I was not prepared to negotiate further.
I had no option but to pay for replacement of the living area carpet that in the weeks since I’ve had it done my headaches and stuffed sinuses I’ve had since the beginning of the year have improved out of sight.
I cannot understand why if NRMA have solid reasons and evidence to claim Strata responsibility surely a more forceful and even an active representation is sent so my living premises are habitable and safe to live.

Property TypeTownhouse
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Hello Lewis . Thank you for taking the time to document and share your current claims experience this far. We certainly understand how frustrating the delays caused by the back and forth between us and strata can be, especially if there are delays in the communications from your strata provider. I can assure you that it is not us or out staffs intention to deliberately stall the processing of your contents claim , or to bludgeon a sick person into submission, however it is disappointing to hear that we have made you feel that way. We would very much like to look into this and see if there is anything we can do in order to get a response from your strata and therefore speed things up on our end too . Could you please send our team through a message via Facebook private messenger at the following link https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review. Hope to hear from you soon Lewis. ~ LizzyLizzy I have sent a follow up email to the Strata Manager via the Secretary of the Strata Committee. I have sent you a copy Cc.... As I said in my report on Product Review I cannot comprehend NRMA does not have the administrative or legal weight to follow through with whatever means you have to get a reply to resolve this claim. I had no choice but to replace the carpet in my living area. Letting someone like this [Name Removed] from your claims division off leash that in the norm of decency falls into the category of bludgeon or maybe intimidate as it all comes down to the same outcome, stall the claim until the whinger gives up, dies or just go away or is resolved as in the endgame written by Kafka's the Trial. Really, for a few thousand dollars is it worth the reputation of NRMA going down this path?This is the email sent to the Secretary of the Strata Committee. We have a major problem swirling around. I’ve submitted a contents insurance claim with NRMA. NRMA sent two separate lots of professional assessors who went over this complex with a fine tooth comb. The damage is to the carpet on the ground floor of main living area and the carpet on the top floor bedroom. And, the recently painted walls of the top bedroom and the air conditioner. I have waived a claim on bedding, some furniture and artwork because I did not take a photograph nor kept the damaged items. NRMA apparently wrote to the Strata Manager as did I but I understand as the order of the day it seems this Strata Manager has not replied to me or NRMA. I cannot vouch for a reply to NRMA but I certainly haven’t. This now is quite serious so to cover my tracks I am writing to you as Secretary of the Strata Committee. This should have been settled in the first instance but refusal to reply to three request leaves this matter unresolved. Please instruct the Strata Manager to reply. Sincerely Lewis Bock

Amazingly fantastic and fast with no third degree!

We had an electric wheelchair damaged on an airline trip overseas and needed to fix it or buy a new one to manage the next 4 weeks of holiday. The airline paid a ceiling amount that they claimed was all they had to pay which was enough to send the damaged one back and buy a cheap manual one but did not cover expensive repair work. The travel insurance cover requested I try our home contents insurer first so I lodged the documents yesterday with NRMA and was reimbursed today by a cheerful person. How lovely. I am very impressed.

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJuly 2019
Hey Jarn. Thank you for sharing your claims experience. It is great to hear that we were able to assist so quickly. I hope you where able to enjoy the rest of your trip overseas without any worry! If you would like us to pass on your kind words to the staff who handled your claim , please send us a message via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review. ~ Lizzy

Terrible service from start to finish

As the owner of 8 polices with NRMA Insurance (for now) and having been a customer for around 25 years, I feel I am qualified to comment. My recent claim with NRMA was appallingly handled from start to finish. A relative small claim, as far as house claims go, it took 13 months to finalise. The level of service and communication was dreadful, and i was constantly pushing for action and updates. Their communication with the independent assessor they used was even worse, and this caused considerable issues along the way. And of course neither accepted responsibility for anything throughout - it was always the fault of the other.
I literally had to lodge a formal complaint in order to get things moving moving at one point. I even had to chase down a small settlement payment that was agreed to be paid to me after NRMA acknowledged that certain aspects of the claim weren't completed adequately. In chasing this up months later, i was virtually made to feel like a criminal for trying to do so.
I get the feeling that NRMA are who you would want to have on side if your house burned down as part of a bushfire that claimed 200 houses - they'd roll into town, set up shop, and deal with it until settled. But if you're claim arises as a one off, expect to be completely and utterly lost and ignored.

Type of ClaimFire
Claim DateMay 2018
Hi Bernard. Thank you for talking the time to share your recent claims experience. It is disappointing to hear that the claim not only dragged out longer then expected but also that there was a lack of communication. It sounds like your complaint was actioned and everything has been settled now, I am glad to hear this. If there is anything further we can do to assist you or any further feedback you would like us to provide, please reach out via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review. ~ LizzyThanks for responding Lizzy. I should have made mention that I've had many good years of experience with NRMA Insurance. I think all of that good experience highlighted even more so that the experience i had with the most recent claim over the last year was a punish.

Claim

I had a water pipe burst in my kitchen 17 Feb. as of this date 15th July the have not started repairs Stay away from N R M A Insurance any other Insurance company woul be better

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Hi Phone, I appreciate how upsetting a delay of this size is for you. It absolutely doesn't sound like the level of claims experience we aim to provide. I would like to follow this up for you and hopefully have it resolved much sooner for you now. Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ Jono

Happy

Would just like to compliment Angela Walsh from Tuggerah N.R.M.A. for her satisfying service and helping me to adjust my policy, I also got a refund. Very happy with N.R.M.A.

Claim MadeNo
Hey Lyn. Thanks for letting us know about your experience. We will pass this on to Angelas Manager! ~ Lizzy

Carport hail damaged - fixed

I’ve read a lot of horror stories from product review about claims, thus, the low star rating. So when the time came when I was about to make a claim on badly damaged carport I had my fingers crossed. To my surprise, everything went on smoothly. From the time I lodged the claim up to the moment when the assessor came to my place, quote the amount to have it replaced, it was buttery. I have the claim finalised on my nrma app and all I can say is, not a lot of people who had good experience with a certain insurance company will take time to put a review of their experiences here. It just happened that I have the luxury of time today. I recommend them at least here in ACT. I do have my car insurance with them as well, haven’t had to use them up until now. But will try and review it as well when it happens.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Hi JP, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive claims experience, You are correct, 99% of customers do have a positive experience but sadly we only hear publicly about the ones where there are some issues and we do our best to resolve them as quickly as possible. Thank you again, we really appreciate your comments :) ~Kaz

NRMA are a joke!

After insuring with NRMA for around 30 years - never making a contents or buildings claim that I can remember. We had a burst pipe!
The whole downstairs was flooded including garage!
The agreed to do the lounge floors (yet to see that happen - as we want the SAME floating floors - not laminate) But said they will gut the whole left side of the kitchen (not the right side?? no idea why) and rebuild it - replacing the damaged bits and re-using the old parts! Leaving my kitchen to look like a patchwork mess. (as there is no way you will be able to get an exact match on 15 year old colours!)
I did not claim ANY furniture that was damaged as it was old - and garage furniture was not so precious! - i tried to be considerate by not claiming for all this (5 pieces) but did not receive consideration in return! - NTS never try to be considerate with insurance companies - they are not considerate in return
it happened february 8 ... it is now june 21. Still living with half my floor half ripped up and the remaining with exposed broken splintered wood! can't invite anyone over.
Here below is the Video of the WHOLE kitchen flooded - they will not replace and repair the right side - which is how the water got through to the garage! (kitchen part starts at 49 seconds)
Next stop ombudsman - no one should have to go through So Much stress and so much waiting for emails/sitting on the phone after paying premiums for so bloody long - and paying a $2,000 excess!

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Hi Jacqsprat, I appreciate any delay with a claim is frustrating. When it comes to repairing and replacing items, insurance will only cover those that have been damaged and that items not damaged won't be replaced to provide a matching uniform across a whole house. I understand this is a common frustration across all insurers however you it is outlined in every PDS what will be replaced and what won't be. I am happy to have your complaint escalated to see if there is any solutions that can be found to help resolve this for you. With your contents you can still claim for any contents damaged that you haven't had repaired or replaced. . Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ Jono

Totally dissatisfied

After more than 20 yrs and multiple policies I had a claim rejected. I was sent a letter stating that I had withdrawn my claim. I asked 3 times by both email and phone over several days for a letter stating that my claim had been rejected as I needed to present this as part of my legal application against the tradesman who caused the damage and that and my solicitor was leaving to go overseas in a week and needed to present papers immediately.
I am still waiting.

Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Dissatisfied, I am sorry to hear you haven't received the documentation you require for your legal application.Please PM us with your policy/claim details to our Facebook page via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review and include your name, DOB, address and contact details. ~ Jono

We are looking at buying a new house. The house has a carport and pergola (attached to the house) that were built a few years ago. The current owners of the property have advised both structures did not undergo council approval. We are not put off by this - we love the house, the structures look really well made and they certainly add value to the property. We would be happy to purchase the property but we are curious if NRMA Building Insurance would cover the house and both structures? Or would we be only able to list the house on the policy given the structures are unapproved? We can't find anything in the PDS statement that answers this particular question so any policy advice would be appreciated.
Hi. Ours got the same, pergola and carport. Unapproved structure as a lot in Canberra. This wasn’t an issue.Hi Enigma, you will be covered - however, we would not rebuild or repair something not to council code. In this case we would either cash settlement for an amount or we would rebuild something that is council approved. Keep in mind a claim can be denied if damaged caused to the property was because it was not build to standard. Example being if the way it was built was causing water damage to the property - this could potentially cause the claim to be denied. Good luck with your decision & hope this helps! ~Natalie

Hi, after watching A Current affair this week on the indifferent treatment of some of your customers I have questioned whether I should stay with NRMA or switch to another insurer. I must say after reading this review site it does not give me much confidence. Can you give me any reason why I should stay
Hi Andy, in relation to the customers in the program you’ve mentioned, we have apologised for the delays they experienced while we reviewed their claims and have now resolved the issues for both customers. When a customer suffers damage to their home we may need to use a variety of experts such as builders, roofers and engineers to assess some of our claims and to ensure the repairs meet building standards and regulations. One of the customers' home had damage that had occurred over an extended period and was due to leaf debris blocking rainwater from flowing off the roof, made worse by previous poor repairs by her builder. This was highlighted by a previous claim they made a few years earlier. Where the repairs were also undertaken by the customer's own builders. We have now settled the claim for the internal damage and spoken with the customer about the repairs required to her roof to help protect her home from further water damage in the future. The second customer featured on the program had pre-existing termite damage. The repairs done to this home was not to standard. This resulted in the roof lifting and further damage to his property. Our experts are currently reviewing the extent of damage caused by the termites. This will allow us to determine the next steps required before the repairs can begin. Whilst any delays with home insurance claims are disappointing, if you are looking for a reason to stay with NRMA Insurance these are examples where we have chosen to extend our cover to situations normally excluded by home insurance policies. ~ Jono

When i phoned customer service for my solar system damage by a storm was advised to get a report from a level 2 electrition on damage then 2-3 replacement quotes for my claim. Only to be told when I rang back to lodge my claim nrma would be arranging a builder to asses the damage/replacement of my solar sytem then why did i get a report costing me $199? When nrma has to aprove the damage with there own builder?
Hi Lozza, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can appreciate how frustrating this is to be told two conflicting things and have this additional charge. I would like to have this looked into and rectified for you. Can you please use this link to our Facebook page to reach out via messenger: https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review, include your original message and your claim number, DOB, address and contact details so we can contact the correct person in claims to escalate this for you. ~ JonoThankyou for your reply, i will contact FB NRMA and hopefully i will have a better outcome. Lozza

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Contact Number 132 132
Online Live Chat No
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life and Travel