NRMA Home Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (11)
    • 3+ months (48)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (43) · No (33)

TripperKateAustralia

How low can you go?. NRMA did not send requested product information as it is not available due to Covid

Alexander CNorthern Region, NSW

Disgusting treatment by NRMA Home Insurance

Alexander C

Sorry, was this reply to go to Rick. Well then who is David. Just another mixup by NRMA. Khoury, you are the public figurehead of this crowd. How about you get off your proverbial butt and try and sort this.

David B.Sydney, NSW

Just another rip off

Had a water leak in my house on the last big wet. Had no trouble in the last 2 years. Had a pre purchase house inspection 2 years ago and was told the roof was fine. But NRMA says the storm damage to the roof was because of a pre existing tile problem. We have been paying NRMA house insurance for over 35 years without a claim. Yet this is how we are treated.
I've asked some of my customers about my problem and so far 100% of the people who are insured with thes individuals said that NRMA told them the same thing. I can't see how u can be liable for the damage but not the cause. But this has been their mo for years without being called out on it .

David B.

Its fine I'll just cancel the insurance. Got other quotes and your nearly double the price

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi David. We are sorry to see you go. We understand your frustration with the claims process but we will be here in case you need us in the future. All the best. ~ Rick

Find out how NRMA Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

I have had complete confidence in this company until recently.

I have had complete confidence in this company until recently, when I made a claim, I have made claims previously with no problems. This time the assessor did not even want to look at rectification work done prior to me making the claim, it was consequently rejected.

J A Gartland
J A Gartland

Thanks for the offer but I am not on facebook.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi J A, you can email us on social@iag.com.au if you would prefer, please let us know you are from product review. ~ Bec

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Appalling

I have paid this company insurance for car home contents for over 20 years with only 1 or 2 claims ever made. I put in a claim for an item breakage in the bathroom, it was lodged, they sent someone out who recommended it be replaced. I had to follow up NRMA almost 2 weeks after only to be told it doesn’t qualify it’s a maintenance issue. What the plumber recommended wasn’t what NRMA recommended. They have engineered the report to line their own pockets. I asked why the hell am I paying insurance and she stuttered and fumbled with some rubbish that made no sense and wanted to falsify the report. These people are liars and nothing more than thieves. Go elsewhere!! I will be.

Robert Rogers

Robert RogersSydney, NSW

Good customer service

Louie provided quick and outstanding service in getting my home insurance payment plan amended. He understood my agenda and worked through it by taking the time and care to find a timely result for my situation.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks for the great review Robert! We would love to pass this feedback on to Louie and their team, would you be able to private message us over on our Facebook page with your details? :)
www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/ -Nathan

Ineptitude personified

High premiums, incompetent staff and a generally poorly run business. We have been waiting 14 months for them to sort out our Jan 2020 hail storm claim. They never call us back, loose track of our information and are generally inept. Do yourself a favour and avoid them like the plague!

Helen L.North-West & West coast, TAS

If I could give 0 stars I would

A word to the wise NRMA insurance really are the worst thieves I made a payment with zip pay they kept my money and canceled my policy avoid avoid avoid now to go through zip to fight for my money back

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Helen, I'm sorry you've been given the incorrect information. I've been working with NRMA Insurance for many years, and we don't accept this as a payment method. We hope this matter is solved quickly for you. ~ Maya

BobTechMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

The NRMA run-around.

Clarence S.Sydney, NSW

Homeowner loses bid for full sum insured after fire.

Clarence S.

So does every other Insurers rebuild cost calculator and further removal of debris and council fees don't add up to $150,000 - $250,000

Robin

RobinCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Majority 1* review from EVERYBODY!!! WOW!!!!

BiggestguySydney, NSW

What Happened To The Old NRMA???

Hail Storm claim Jan 2020 and still waiting

Sushma S.

Sushma S.Queensland

Waste of Time and Money

Value was not bad but my claim is pending Since 2020. I was with NRMA Since 2019 until and unless i had problems i was paying these guys but when i got with claim, They seem to be useless.

Rene Musters

Rene MustersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very satisfactory chat

Policy is good value, no claim lodged now, was just enquiry about coverage, Be with NRMA since I started needing insurance. No further comments, just need to fill up 30 words ??????

Coverage TypeHome Only
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Rene, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review! We are glad our staff were able to assist with your coverage enquiry ~ Lizzy

roseofsydney

roseofsydneySydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent service and customer care.

Excellent service and personal care. The reason I keep returning to NRMA. Thank you so much Edith from online web chat service for your professionalism and strong duty of care.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thank you for the great review Rose! We're glad to hear that you are happy with our service. Thank you for your loyalty! -Nathan

Jess 0

Jess 0Bli Bli

Love the web chat feature

I was able to ask questions and update my policy using the web chat function - a big positive in my opinion. I found the policy price reasonable and service has always been excellent

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks for the great review, Jess! We have tried hard to make it easy for customers to talk to us make changes, we're glad to hear that you appreciate it! -Nathan

Buildings Sum

Hazel was easy to deal with and gave me all of the information I requested. Ten points for Hazel :-) Every question that I had Hazel answered it throughly and was able to assist in my enquiry. There should be more Hazel's in the world. Great product also.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks for the positive review MKB, Hazel is amazing and we are glad you got to experience her service. All the best with everything ~Natalie

JAMESSydney, NSW

Hoping Customer Loyalty Counts.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi James, thanks for your review - it's good to hear that your claim is progressing so far. Hopefully it stays that way and we see it resolved in a timely manner. ~Natalie

JAMES

No response of claim lodged as yet....will call to find out.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Let us know if you have any issues James and we will be happy to help. You can also contact claims via webchat here to get an update on your claim: https://go.nrma.com.au/MotorClaimsWebChat They are available 8am to 8pm - 7 days a week. -Nathan

Worst claim handling process

Glen Mcasked

I have just received my NRMA Building Insurance renewal due on 20/5/2021
There is a premium increase of 14.98%
This seems a rather big increase on the previous year.
As I have not made a claim for some time I was wondering why such a large increase?
Does this increase apply to all holders of building insurance or just mine?

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Glen, thanks for reaching out today. Our underwriting team do review the rating factors that they use to determine the premium for your home each year. We are constantly collecting information and data to help make sure we are charging the correct premium based on the risk of insuring your home.
In addition to this, we also increase your sum insured for building and contents by around 5% each year to keep up with increasing labour and material costs in the unlikely event of a total loss claim. Your Certificate of Insurance renewal shows these new sum insured amounts. If you would like to change these values back to last year's values we can look at making those changes by calling us on 132 132. We hope this information helps, happy to answer any other questions you have. ~ Bec

Thanks for the reply Bec
Yes, I can understand a 5% increase each year to keep up with increasing labour and material costs is reasonable and I have noted a 5% increase in my sum insured. Therefore a 5% increase in premiums is reasonable also. However, a 15% increase to my premium this year, where there is no reasonable explanation, I think is excessive.
I will follow this up with my Insurer and then decide on an appropriate course of action!
Kind regard
Glen

Lyn Carterasked

We submitted a claim last September for storm damage to the roof of a property which is covered by Landlord's Insurance. This policy is more expensive than general home insurance. It is now 9 months since the commencement of the claim process. After seven months (in April) we were contacted by the Tandem Claim co-ordinator regarding the work to be done. The Scope of Work was incomplete and therefore rejected by us. Tandem has not yet acknowledged the lack of inclusion of items. Owing to the length of time taken other problems have arisen because of the roof damage. Two people were sent by Tandem to look at things, twenty minute visits each, but we have received no reports. After several phone and email attempts for contact we have been ignored at every attempt. Tandem will not advise of any progress regarding commencement of work. Now, it is back to the NRMA to try to get help. This is traumatic for many policy holders making a claim. After reading the replies to authors of product review comments what is the point of going to Facebook when there is still no support or assistance from the NRMA? We do need help.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Lyn, I definitely agree that the experience would be traumatic and is not ideal for any of our policy holders. While I can understand you think there is no point what actually happens is we ask you to PM us your details so we can keep them private and then we escalate straight to our property management team to pick up and resolved. Please do PM us so I can help further. ~Nat

[Personal Details Removed]
This was approved by the NRMA and handed to Tandem who then handed to Suncoast Building Approvals, Maroochydore. We have also attempted to contact your company. We did not approve the Scope of Work as it was incomplete. Suncoast Builders have been extremely unco-operative and I am afraid we will be treated even worse than we have been already for making this an issue. Other claimants in a situation such as ours, but with policies with other insurance companies, have been regularly advised, that is,kept up-to-date, regarding the repairing situation. Furthermore, their roof repairs were completed quite some time ago without this turmoil.
This is a rental property covered by Landlord's Insurance. This prolonged delay has cost us financially in re-letting as we did not wish to inconvenience new tenants.
I have given information which will remain private.

Thanks Lyn,

I have escalated the matter to our property team and asked they contact you ASAP.
You have also posted your private details on a public forum - I have asked Product Review to remove your claim details. ~Nat

David R

David Rasked

What is Home Plus

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your question. Home Plus is premium protection for your home. It gives you all the benefits of our standard home insurance, plus extra features and automatic cover you don’t usually find in other policies. With Home Plus you get:
An extra 25% on top of your insured amount to repair or replace your items (if you need it)
Automatic cover for accidental damage to your things
Automatic cover for electric motor burnout or fusion in things like fridges and washing machines
Up to $5,000 for legal costs and replacement documents if your identity’s stolen.
_Kaz

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life, Motorcycle and Travel