NRMA Home Insurance

NRMA Home Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (41), <1 week (8), 1-2 months (8), 1-2 weeks (4) and 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (40) · No (27)

Ramon

RamonSydney, NSW

Never too late.

I missed a direct payment. I did not realize I could have requested an extension. NRMA Home Insurance is obviously prepared for such a situation and is prepared to help. I'm impressed.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ramon, thank you for your review, we are pleased you are happy with the service you received, thanks again. ~Kaz

Mummy 41

Mummy 41

Rubbish service

If I could give a zero I would. Front fence damaged by service person leaving our home 6 weeks ago. NRMA is the service person's insurer and they asked for 2 quotes, which my husband submitted, and still nothing done. Numerous calls to NRMA, no straight answer given and still can't give a timeline to resolve our claim. They don't actually believe claim us real and said they can't understand our service person's English and an interpreter is needed. They also asked us to get service person to call then to verify their claim, AGAIN. Absolute rubbish service, but what else can be expected from these big insurance companies. Why would anyone go with you!!???

Coverage TypeContents Only
Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateOctober 2020

StevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst and most unacceptable customer service!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks Steven, we have passed your comments over to the claims team and they will be in touch with a response to your review. ~Kaz

TJM

TJMSydney Surrounds, NSW

Devastated

Type of ClaimEarthquake and Storm and Rainwater
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Do NOT use NRMA for your home Insurance!!!

No Care or concern for the customer, have been a long-standing customer with NRMA policies going back to 1980's . Only after the ombudsman was contacted, NINE months after the original event and living and working from home with black mound and five buckets was I made an offer to cash-out the claim, most insultingly the new offer was $2,000 less than that offered verbally three months earlier and which three independent roofers had told me was insufficient to cover any of the work either internal or external to my home. This is despite proof of loss made by them during the original evaluation due to hail damage which they now claim I have to make a separate claim for.

Catherine B.
Catherine B.

Still unresolved!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Just confirming Catherine, have you contacted us through Facebook so we can escalate this? ~Natalie

Graham

GrahamSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great experience, always there to help when needed.

Fair value
Claims always attended to promptly
Over 40 years as a customer! .... we keep renewing, isn't that what you want?
WE have said all we need to say as per above!

Property TypeVilla

Thanks for your loyalty Graham! We appreciate it :) ~Natalie

Bob

Bob

Problem Solved

I had been with NRMA for over 20 years and left for a better price, this is my third year back with NRMA. I find their staff most helpful, courteous, efficient and whilst the premiums might be a fraction above the cheapest I believe the benefits far outweigh the little extra in cost.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Bob, thanks for your positive review, it's good to hear you're staying with us for another year. All the best and safe driving. ~Natalie

Debasis Saha

Debasis SahaSydney, NSW

Policy amendment - change the name of the finance provider

Wanted to amend the name of the finance provider for few of my building insurance and it was perfectly and efficiently by Ayen. I am extremely happy with the service been provided by Ayen.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Debasis. Thanks so much for your positive review and kind words. Its great to hear about Ayen's service and we will be sure to pass this on to his manager :) Thanks for choosing NRMA insurance ~ Lizzy

DavidHunter Region, NSW

Choose another Insurer

Find out how NRMA Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Great service, absolute time saver!

We recently sold a property and wanted to cancel this insurance policy, there was no hesitation or sales response to this request.
We did this request via Web-chat, was very quick and easy, great service!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Liam, congrats on the sale! Glad to hear we made the process easy and simple for you. All the best in the future and thank you for letting us know about your great experience. ~Natalie

Almost as good as face-to-face assistance.

The consultant was helpful, efficient, friendly and provided perfect support. I was more impressed than I thought possible. I think the NRMA business could provide useful training for many other companies and even government offices.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi There! Thanks so much for this lovely review - we pride ourselves on providing the best service possible and glad to hear we met the mark with your interaction. ~Natalie

Jenny M.

Jenny M.Sydney, NSW

Customer service and the system is poor

I applied for a quote online and at the end it gives me my premium, it says if you want to get the flood cover out to lower the premium you can contact them, I choose to chat with them and the lady asked my details again and has to get my phone number so she can have access to my profile (given that I don't have an account with them) I give her my quotation reference number instead so she can check my details there not asking me again for everything... I did not get the new premium that I am asking for since I refused to gave her my phone number.. I told her I wished to be contacted through my email address...but she can't do anything unless I gave my phone number.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

I also just want to let you know that confirming your number is only used as a form of privacy check and that we would not call you unless requested. ~Natalie

Excellent service from NRMA, and the Policy meets my needs

The Policy was set up via the chat facility, and it was easy as, Ayen was very helpful and professional. I have been with NRMA for many years, house and contents and car insurance.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks for the great review Jordi, glad to hear Ayen was able to provide you the best coverage and was helpful. Thanks for being loyal to the NRMA Family! ~Natalie

janetw.53

janetw.53Illawarra, NSW

Worst insurer around as far as I’m concerned

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2020
Sharaff

SharaffCanberra 2600, ACT

Great help

I needed help in my home and content insurance and the person I was chatting with Jen was really helpful and I got what I wanted out this chat. I also believe person really helpful in providing me with other options to get a better deal.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hey Sharaff! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Glad we were able to assist you with options to suit your needs :) ~ Lizzy

Boz

BozSydney

NRMA really needs a minus score - worst insurer ever

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Insurance with nrma means nothing. 15yrs of paying insurance with NRMA all came to zero. Worst insurer in Australia

Insurance with nrma means nothing.
I have had the following insurance with NRMA and never made a claim till the massive storm in 8th, 9th and 10th of Feb 2020, south coast of Sydney. Over 150mm of rain over the weekend and NRMA assessor said the water inlet from the heavy rains and damage done to the house was due to maintenance issue in the box gutter. A small green scrub the size of a coffee cup was in the gutter.
Never again.
Life and income protection 7+yrs
2 x house and contents + 10yrs
Landlord Insurance + 3yrs
1 boat + 5yrs
4 cars + 15yrs

Not Happy

Not HappyNorthern Region, NSW

Not as reputable as I thought

I have water damage to my roof after a storm and had the NRMA assigned building inspector come and say it was not storm damage and just wear and tear. This is a house that was built in 2008 by the way. They will only pay $1,000 After the excess, there will only be $700 left. They will only cover damage to inside roof water damage to cover painter, not the actual problem which is roof tiles.
Had insurance over 15 years and never made a claim. I will be shopping elsewhere.

Mary N.

Mary N.Sydney, NSW

Appalling lack of customer service.

Our roof inside house got severly damaged from the February storms .The Cape cod blew in the roof lifted off it flooded inside.The mould in the house has made it unlivable.The house has been covered in Tarps and Sand bags
They are now ripped off and our house is deterioration .Now 8.5months and NRMA show no compassion or empathy.
We paid our insurance for over 30 years never asked for a claim.
We are going to have to take legal action as they have abandoned us. Do not use this insurance company

Coverage TypeHome Only

Ripped off.Sydney, NSW

Incredibly appalling service.

Claim DateNovember 2019

Lyn Carterasked

We submitted a claim last September for storm damage to the roof of a property which is covered by Landlord's Insurance. This policy is more expensive than general home insurance. It is now 9 months since the commencement of the claim process. After seven months (in April) we were contacted by the Tandem Claim co-ordinator regarding the work to be done. The Scope of Work was incomplete and therefore rejected by us. Tandem has not yet acknowledged the lack of inclusion of items. Owing to the length of time taken other problems have arisen because of the roof damage. Two people were sent by Tandem to look at things, twenty minute visits each, but we have received no reports. After several phone and email attempts for contact we have been ignored at every attempt. Tandem will not advise of any progress regarding commencement of work. Now, it is back to the NRMA to try to get help. This is traumatic for many policy holders making a claim. After reading the replies to authors of product review comments what is the point of going to Facebook when there is still no support or assistance from the NRMA? We do need help.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Lyn, I definitely agree that the experience would be traumatic and is not ideal for any of our policy holders. While I can understand you think there is no point what actually happens is we ask you to PM us your details so we can keep them private and then we escalate straight to our property management team to pick up and resolved. Please do PM us so I can help further. ~Nat

[Personal Details Removed]
This was approved by the NRMA and handed to Tandem who then handed to Suncoast Building Approvals, Maroochydore. We have also attempted to contact your company. We did not approve the Scope of Work as it was incomplete. Suncoast Builders have been extremely unco-operative and I am afraid we will be treated even worse than we have been already for making this an issue. Other claimants in a situation such as ours, but with policies with other insurance companies, have been regularly advised, that is,kept up-to-date, regarding the repairing situation. Furthermore, their roof repairs were completed quite some time ago without this turmoil.
This is a rental property covered by Landlord's Insurance. This prolonged delay has cost us financially in re-letting as we did not wish to inconvenience new tenants.
I have given information which will remain private.

Thanks Lyn,

I have escalated the matter to our property team and asked they contact you ASAP.
You have also posted your private details on a public forum - I have asked Product Review to remove your claim details. ~Nat

David R

David Rasked

What is Home Plus

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your question. Home Plus is premium protection for your home. It gives you all the benefits of our standard home insurance, plus extra features and automatic cover you don’t usually find in other policies. With Home Plus you get:
An extra 25% on top of your insured amount to repair or replace your items (if you need it)
Automatic cover for accidental damage to your things
Automatic cover for electric motor burnout or fusion in things like fridges and washing machines
Up to $5,000 for legal costs and replacement documents if your identity’s stolen.
_Kaz

My Ngoc Thi Nguyen

My Ngoc Thi Nguyenasked

Recently our home suffered a home invasion. We have a home and contents policy with NRMA. One of the consequences was apart from numerous items stolen a set of keys were removed resulting in a Mazda 3 being stolen and to date not recovered.Amongst the keys stolen was the spare key for another car, Mazda 6. So it is possible that the stolen key could be used to steal the Mazda 6.
I have been advised by the Mazda dealership that two reprogrammed keys is around $450. My question is would the cost for two new keys be covered by insurance.

BOb
BOb

Hi Ngoc Thai,
Probably best to see if you can speak to an NRMA representative? Fingers crossed it goes smooth.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ngoc Thai, it would be best to talk to claims about the cover you have on your policies and then based on the events will be based on if we cover it or not. Please call 131-123 to talk to property claims and see if this is covered. ~Natalie

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Funeral, Home and Contents, Income, Landlord, Life and Travel