NRMA Home Insurance

• Home & Contents (49)
    • Home Only (8)
    • Contents Only (5)
  • Type of Claim
    • Storm and Rainwater (21)
    • Escape of Liquid (9)
    • Fire (3)
    • Vandalism/Malicious Damage (2)
    • Impact at Home (2)
    • Theft (2)
    • Lightning (1)
  • Claim Resolution Time3+ months (23) · <1 week (8) · 1-2 weeks (4) · 1-2 months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (21) · No (13)

32 years of premiums for 8 policies. One claim until current bushfire and they treat you like a grub.

Unreasonable to deal with, unconscionable practices. 3 bushfire claims with them and i have to deal with cut price phillipino call centre staff who show no empathy and are completely unhelpful.
Required to supply them with details they already have and then steal your ctp insurance and rego costs if they right off a vehicle.
They are my ctp insurer but require me to give them details of the policy and deal with another section to obtain a refund which they deduct from the payout.
Poor value. First claim in 32 Years took 6 month to process. Current bushfire claims on vehicle, contents and building are like reading catch 22.

AHAU

AHAUSouth East Queensland, QLD

Offshored support at the expense of local jobs

Despite Aussies doing it tough with various natural disasters, NRMA Insurance chooses to avoid employing local Australians. Instead, their call centres have been offshored to the Philippines. Less jobs for Aussies and more profits to NRMA Insurance. Despite being patient and speaking clearly, their call centre operators could not comprehend basic queries relating to a claim; causing me to give up in frustration. Looks like I will be cancelling my policy and looking for an insurer who employs locals in need, not offshoring on the cheap.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Made a claim - Did not care about my customer loyalty.

Frances R.

Frances R.Hunter Region, NSW

Poor service and communication/pathetic TANDEM process and assessor

Not happy with NRMAs use of TANDEM who are incompetent. Been in temporary accomodation for a month today and assessor only providing his report today, assessor visited 24/12/19. Report does not factor in all make safe recommendations. They are poor communicators and do not return calls. Ombudsman tomorrow.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

NRMA have proven that they have a heart

After a very disappointing experience with them yesterday I was contacted today by a very understanding team member who made an all out effort to resolve my issue. I have been a long term customer of NRMA and couldn’t be happier with the service received today.

AllySydney, NSW

Wont insure a new home thats for sale

I have 7 policies with NRMA and have always been happy. Ranging from
Car- home/ trailers boats We had to claim on one of the cars and they were excellent
It seems however that they wont insure a home I have just built- and is locked up and alarmed because I intend to sell it ! Its ok that its unoccupied its because Im selling it they wont insure !
Ludicrous so its goodbye NRMA

Coverage TypeHome & Contents and Home Only

Absolutely frustrating

Claim DateNovember 2019
Petra
Petra

pressuremat2008

pressuremat2008Hunter Region, NSW

Very efficient claims process.

Very happy with how our claim was settled. I had a few issues with the app but the claims officer was excellent. Steered me through the process and was courteous and helpful. I pay a higher premium for a higher level of cover and service and that it what I received.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Pressuremat2008! Thank you so much for the positive review. We're glad to hear you had a great claim experience with us and you received great service. :) ~Natalie

Tracey

Tracey

Quick and efficient response to upgrading my current home building insurance

Received a very efficient response to upgrading my current NRMA home building insurance policy. Web chat clear and concise and resolved issue in matter of minutes. Thank you very much.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thank you for letting us know about your experience and your kind words Tracey. Do you know the name of the member of staff you spoke with so that we can pass on the great feedback? Thank you ~ Lizzy

KLowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Beware of NRMA home insurance

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
KLow

Hi Natalie. I dont use Facebook.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Are you able to use the "Ticket" option on this website? We want to make sure to protect your privacy. ~ Jono

Mick

MickIllawarra, NSW

Cant hear

I have been in talks with alot of people in NRMA over last few days ,Joy, Ronal and two other young people.
I just want to say in writing that i appologise to Joy and one other young women i think was called Jenny.
It was taken out on you and thats not who iam, iam sorry.
My claim has been fixed up and iam very grateful for a ending to the hearing aid saga.
Everyone in my house can hear again thank you Joy and thank you NRMA.
I ve been with NRMA for 16 yrs and ill stay .
Have a great day Henny Ogorman.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateNovember 2019
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Heny, thank you so much for your kind Review. I will forward this to our staff who were involved. :) ~ Jono

NRMA Home Claims. Terrible service. Appears to be just an offshore call centre.

Frustrated with the NRMA Home Claims process. Multiple calls to multiple people in an offshore call centre that appear to handle multiple insurance companies and still getting nowhere. Its like I keep having the same conversation over and over again with different people - no one person seems to be taking ownership of my claim and following it through to get resolution for me and to get my home repaired. Its now 6 weeks or so on and we are still literally camping in our home surrounded by damage. What an embarrassment from a company that promises to offer HELP and a personalised service.

Poor customer service - Loyalty

Been with NRMA home insurance for over 5 years. When changing across we were informed we had accidental damage. Turns out we don't - with poor customer service - they were not willing to assist (We even offered to upgrade with our claim). Our loyalty was disregarded, we are changing insurance first thing Monday. Very upset with the result. Do not recommend this service.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateOctober 2019

Sue C

Sue C

Contents insurance

I would like to lower my contents insurance to nil or $10,000 and NRMA will not allow me to do this. I am told because I own my home I must have contents insurance. Surely this should be my decision not NRMA. I am not happy and might have to go to another insurance company.

ol t.

ol t.Sydney, NSW

Absolutely useless and dishonest!

Incompetent moron.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim DateApril 2018
Lisa
Lisa
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Are you able to go to the Raise a Ticket section and provide your claim number? ~ Jono

MONTROSESouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing... so much for being a loyal customer

Reviewer1989

Reviewer1989South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible customer service

Made a claim end of July for a leak in our bathroom. Turns out we have no waterproofing (older house, bought last year) and insurance refuses to accept claim. Called shortly after claim was submitted and told the builders report wasn't submitted yet. Two months later and I had to call again and be on hold for 20 minutes just to be told they won't fix our bathroom. Fair enough regarding leak. Very frustrating but I'm more unhappy about the pathetic customer service.

Claim DateJuly 2019

Nadine

NadineHunter Region, NSW

Incompetent, dishonest.

After 17 years with nrma, I made my first claim. My neighbours disease ridden tree smashes two fences, and damages my professionally maintained pool. NRMA only offers to repair colour bond fence only. Three phone calls to nrma stating my pool is my main priority were ignored and not assessed as part of my claim.

A....J.....

A....J.....

Online chat and online claim lodged, service excellent

Had a power outage and lodged an online claim for food spillage. Spoke online afterwards with a consultant, and they finalized the claim within 5 minutes. Online vouchers sent out, very quick efficient and easy process....

Type of ClaimStorm and Rainwater
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi AJ, I am glad to hear how easy you found the online services for you claim and that it was all sorted so quickly for you. ~ Jono