NRMA Home Insurance

NRMA Home Insurance

1.8

Brooke

BrookeNew South Wales

Very disappointed in the service received

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateJune 2020
1 Minna

1 MinnaSydney, NSW

Poor communications, unreliable and absolute waste of money

Arna Gillott

Arna GillottMid North Coast, NSW

Good customer service

I have had my Home and Contents Insurance policy with NRMA at this particular house for 2 years now and am very happy. Policy was easy to set up, staff were very helpful. Web chat is so good to have esp in these Covid days when its not easy to get hold of some companies on the phone and they don't even have web chat so grateful for the good service and I hope I never have to make a claim. I chose NRMA as have always had my road side assist and previous contents insurance with them. It's a name I can relate to, feel safe with and know they have been around for a long time. Thanks NRMA.

Claim MadeNo

Pathetic

Multiple policies and disgusting service
Assessed and sent off to Tandem to do the repairs. Made to take a day off work do not show up, no phone call! I got on the phone to both Tamdem and NRMA from 8:48am up until 4pm and get an email from Tandem to say they will not be attending work at 20:09hrs ... NRMA attendant obviously working from home - I could hardy hear them as woman and children screaming and giggling!

SiobhanSydney, NSW

Disgusting

A motorist's wheel came off his car and ploughed through my front fence causing $480 worth of damage. I supplied the name and address of the driver and therefore, I did not have to pay the $1000 excess. That was 4 months ago and I am still waiting for my fence to be repaired. I have spent hours ringing, emailing and chasing the NRMA to repair my fence. I have 6 policies with this company for 4 years and never made a claim. Definitely looking for a new insurer. Do not go near this company.

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Geoff

Geoff

Terrible service

Claim MadeNo

Pathetic

BozSydney

I wish there was a minus score...

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

We will certainly be sure to take your feedback onboard Boz, and we are very sorry that we have let you down, especially after being with us for 20 years.

Lauren

LaurenHunter Region, NSW

If I could give 0 stars I would

After 11 years as a policy holder I lodged a storm claim for my verandah only to be told it is not a verandah? When asked I was told the assessor deemed it a wall and not covered but no one at NRMA reviews this and as such I would have to spend more time and effort to dispute that my verandah is a verandah? I am confused as to what I have bbqs, coffees on, it has a roof and floor, does this mean my house isn't really a house? I asked if I could speak to a supervisor whilst on the phone and was told no I would have to formally dispute this! Assessors who put words in your mouth and treat you like you have not idea! I cannot believe that this even has to be a dispute.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2020

Susie K.

Susie K.Sydney, NSW

NRMA NO LONGER TRUSTWORTHY?

NRMA Don't Care

JohnSydney, NSW

Terrible Service looks like Maintenance an excuse not to fix Storm damaged roof

Still nothing!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

We would like to help you with a call back from claims. If you could please send us a private message at https://www.facebook.com/nrmainsurance/. Just let us know you're from Product Review. ~ Matty

Major failure

I also have been waiting since my claim lodged mid February after the storms. Initial work was done and then nothing for weeks and left with a large, gaping hole in my ceiling. The contractor, Tandem, does not respond to emails, NRMA claims line (Phillipines) guarantee a call back in 2 hours, but 2 days later still waiting, now I am being told I will have a letter sent to me so I can reply formally that I am not satisfied. I think not having had the work completed yet would indicate a lack of satisfaction.

Terrible customer service

Claim DateMarch 2020
Carolyn

Thank you Natalie. I received a call from a representative on Monday telling me much the same as I heard before. If no further progress by next Monday I will be in touch

SOS

SOSAustralian Capital Territory

So let down after supporting NRMA since the 1970s

DannielleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Another disappointed customer

Dannielle

Thank you for responding Natalie. I have contacted NRMA via the Facebook page as suggested. We'll see what happens.

Discerning

DiscerningSydney Surrounds, NSW

Incredibly disappointing

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Terrible service and phones being answered when making a claim

I lodged a claim for storm damage one month ago and we are still debating was is to be included in the repairs. Their assessor spent 20 mins in his inspection and missed 12 items which I have documented and referred back.
It has taken me 3 days of waiting on the phone for up to two hours at a time to finally get an answer yesterday. Very poor service and we fell sorry for the poor people answering the calls as they are unable to resolve anything.
Nonetheless, we are still debating whether the additional items would be included and we are still waiting.

This is a concern to us as the flood included storm and sewerage water damage to the house and have no idea when they are scheduling the repair work.

Never again NRMA!

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi there, thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service you have received. We can provide a link to our complaints process should you wish to escalate your concerns. https://www.nrma.com.au/complaints-resolutions ~Kaz

Yvonne

YvonneMurray Region, NSW

Very Disappointing NRMA

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJanuary 2020

Lyn Carterasked

We submitted a claim last September for storm damage to the roof of a property which is covered by Landlord's Insurance. This policy is more expensive than general home insurance. It is now 9 months since the commencement of the claim process. After seven months (in April) we were contacted by the Tandem Claim co-ordinator regarding the work to be done. The Scope of Work was incomplete and therefore rejected by us. Tandem has not yet acknowledged the lack of inclusion of items. Owing to the length of time taken other problems have arisen because of the roof damage. Two people were sent by Tandem to look at things, twenty minute visits each, but we have received no reports. After several phone and email attempts for contact we have been ignored at every attempt. Tandem will not advise of any progress regarding commencement of work. Now, it is back to the NRMA to try to get help. This is traumatic for many policy holders making a claim. After reading the replies to authors of product review comments what is the point of going to Facebook when there is still no support or assistance from the NRMA? We do need help.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Lyn, I definitely agree that the experience would be traumatic and is not ideal for any of our policy holders. While I can understand you think there is no point what actually happens is we ask you to PM us your details so we can keep them private and then we escalate straight to our property management team to pick up and resolved. Please do PM us so I can help further. ~Nat

[Personal Details Removed]
This was approved by the NRMA and handed to Tandem who then handed to Suncoast Building Approvals, Maroochydore. We have also attempted to contact your company. We did not approve the Scope of Work as it was incomplete. Suncoast Builders have been extremely unco-operative and I am afraid we will be treated even worse than we have been already for making this an issue. Other claimants in a situation such as ours, but with policies with other insurance companies, have been regularly advised, that is,kept up-to-date, regarding the repairing situation. Furthermore, their roof repairs were completed quite some time ago without this turmoil.
This is a rental property covered by Landlord's Insurance. This prolonged delay has cost us financially in re-letting as we did not wish to inconvenience new tenants.
I have given information which will remain private.

Thanks Lyn,

I have escalated the matter to our property team and asked they contact you ASAP.
You have also posted your private details on a public forum - I have asked Product Review to remove your claim details. ~Nat

David R

David Rasked

What is Home Plus

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi David, thanks for your question. Home Plus is premium protection for your home. It gives you all the benefits of our standard home insurance, plus extra features and automatic cover you don’t usually find in other policies. With Home Plus you get:
An extra 25% on top of your insured amount to repair or replace your items (if you need it)
Automatic cover for accidental damage to your things
Automatic cover for electric motor burnout or fusion in things like fridges and washing machines
Up to $5,000 for legal costs and replacement documents if your identity’s stolen.
_Kaz

My Ngoc Thi Nguyen

My Ngoc Thi Nguyenasked

Recently our home suffered a home invasion. We have a home and contents policy with NRMA. One of the consequences was apart from numerous items stolen a set of keys were removed resulting in a Mazda 3 being stolen and to date not recovered.Amongst the keys stolen was the spare key for another car, Mazda 6. So it is possible that the stolen key could be used to steal the Mazda 6.
I have been advised by the Mazda dealership that two reprogrammed keys is around $450. My question is would the cost for two new keys be covered by insurance.

BOb
BOb

Hi Ngoc Thai,
Probably best to see if you can speak to an NRMA representative? Fingers crossed it goes smooth.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Hi Ngoc Thai, it would be best to talk to claims about the cover you have on your policies and then based on the events will be based on if we cover it or not. Please call 131-123 to talk to property claims and see if this is covered. ~Natalie

Get an answer from our members and NRMA Insurance representatives