1.0

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (2)

Pathetic! Avoid at all costs

NRMA and their underwriter (Covermore) have repeatedly denied paying out a claim for replacement flights after having my journey home cancelled at the last minute in March 2020.
The case was referred to AFCA in April & nrma are still refusing to budge.
Their excuse? The policy does not cover pandemics & because the claim took place towards the end of my trip it also does not apply. Go figure.
Disgusting, shameful & pathetic.
As a former lifelong member, my advice is to do yourself a favour & avoid!

h_ribeiro

h_ribeiroSydney, NSW

Disgusted with NRMA

Booked International Travel with NRMA, since I have been a member for over 15 years, and did have an incident in Honolulu and was hospitalised. NRMA were fantastic.
I rang today to cancel my travel policy because I can't go overseas at the moment due to the Corona virus. I didn't think they would do it for free, I expected maybe a small admin charge, but to find I will lose over $90 for a 'just in case', that never happened, is totally wrong! Shame on you NRMA, especially at this time and all policies should be null and void at this time, and not, 'did you read your PDF'.
I am not happy with this service seeing I never actually travelled anywhere, and was not due to travel till mid May.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo

Definitely not a fan

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Travel Insurance

Find out how NRMA Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive (Single Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

Drowned my iPad Air .....covermore is pathetic

I drowned an iPad Air with 64G and 3G...I had a receipt for $900. A compulsory quote from a repairer to say that it was a write off cost $50. The excess was $100 and the depreciation took the rest. They offered me $42 for an item that I could still buy new! So to make the claim I was negative $8! It was impossible to discuss it with the NRMA - they flicked it at every attempt. Covermore were appalling for some time until eventually I told them we were in dispute and then they offered more...and we settled. But the stress is not worth it.

Insurance claim madeYes
Murray

Lochy - I don't know what you mean by 'overseas repair network'? The quote for repair was obtained in Wollongong. I have been a member for 25 years...and NRMA refused to talk with me. I use Allianz now for travel insurance.

Care TeamNRMA Insurance

They don't tell you everything!

Policy seemed great and easy to apply for, after doing some research this seemed like the best. During my trip to Vanuatu, I perforated my eardrum, which caused me to be out of work for 2 weeks. I lost over $1100 of income and being casual, was not paid sick leave at work. I had proof of my rostered shifts and when trying to submit a claim for loss of income, was told they only cover your loss of income a month after your return! Any money lost in the first 30 days out of work is not covered! If I had known this prior to leaving I would not have paid over $150 for insurance that would not properly cover me. Disappointed and will NOT be using NRMA again.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hayley F
Hayley F
Care TeamNRMA Insurance

Thanks for your feedback Hayley we will certainly pass this on. ~Kaz