Nuna Pipa

See the Best Baby Capsules in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great capsule

We purchased this capsule to go with our Nuna Mixx stroller. We installed the capsule as per instructions, we had lateral movement but we went to Kidsafe (ACT) for them to check the installation and they fixed up the installation, they showed us how to install it in a more secure way, and now there is no movement whatsoever and is sturdy. The padding is quite good, and there is an extra wedge in the infant insert that can be removed if baby is average sized.

Perfect. Have bought two!

I'm confused by the negative reviews! Our daughter is almost 10 months old, 86th percentile for height and still fits in the Nuna Pipa. The only reason we are switching to a convertible seat now is because she is getting too heavy to carry in the capsule and we have to climb a flight of stairs to our front door. I wonder if the customers who say their three month olds have outgrown it have not realised the straps can be adjusted to three different heights?

Love how this capsule adapts to click onto my Bugaboo bee, is safely installed with a base and can also be installed with a seatbelt only making t perfect for travel. We have also done long haul flights with this seat and our daughter sleeps soundly in it meaning we don't have to hold her he entire time and can get some rest ourselves.

All fabric parts wash easily.

Highly recommend the Nuna Pipa!

Great safety rating, looks good and bub is comfortable.

My 2 month old seems comfortable in this capsule. It makes me feel good knowing it has a great CREP safety rating and is really easy to use.
I love that it can click directly in to the Maxi Cosi stroller adapters. I also regularly use it on my Mountain Buggy Nano stroller.
I had the Babylove capsule for my first child (also a good safety rating) but it only lasted 3 months before he grew out of it. The Nuna Pipa still has plenty of room to grow and it is really light to carry.

Fabric too hot for an Australian summer

Bubs got uncomfortably hot and sweaty over the warmer months, we had to take out the liner earlier than required to alleviate the problem. As the other poster has written, I too have had concerns about the lateral movement, doesn't seem right to me...it's saving grace is the dream drape which is a life saver. Probably wouldn't recommend it to someone.

My husband refuses to put our daughter in it

How this car seat even passed Aust standards is beyond me. We have a Brttax car seat and wanted a capsule. The amount of lateral movement is very concerning and I have to wait 10 days for someone to check the seat because "the fitter is on holidays". So what the hell am i supposed to do till then?? I will be seeking a refund

Much better than the maxi cosi

Shorter so fits easier behind the drivers seat (we have twins plus a 6 year old). Our boys are still in them at 10.5 months so they have been great value. Quite lightweight and snap right on top of our bugaboo donkey (with adaptor) so can transfer twins without waking

Screaming babies

We purchased 2 pipas for our twins boys. They were so uncomfortable in the capsule, really curled over, and by 9 weeks their shoulders were higher then the straps. They were premie twins. Took capsules back to bubs in the valley Brisbane and they told us to buy new seats . We were told they would last til 12months and didn't last 3. Also the boys heads were not supported and we had to buy extra head support.

Overpriced and bad design

Yet again with Nuna their stuff looks good but it's far from everything else.
This capsule retails for over $500 so as if I was going to pay that for a car seat my baby was going to be in for only 3 months, I also chose this seat because it was compatible with my Joolz pram, we found the Pipa 2nd hand online near new for $80 thankfully.
My baby got so hot in this capsule especially once the newborn liner was out, the material is horrible, not breathable almost like a neoprene fabric and hardly any comfort padding like the maxi cosi ones on the market and the curved shape for baby seems so uncomfortable for them, we ended up buying another car seat and spent $500 it that she can grow with until she's is 8, seemed like a heaps better investment, as soon as she moved her into this seat there were no more tears in the car.
Another big one is it never felt safe, even installed professionally there was a lot of movement.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone and I'm not even selling this to anyone as I don't trust it.