2.5

• Symptom Relief
  • Pain Type

Impossible to swallow - almost choked me

I bought the Nurofen Express 512mg tablets in Cyprus when I was there on holiday. When I wanted to use this tablet (solid material, almost like a sphere) it was really hard to swallow it, I stuck in my throat. Then when I came home, I tried to use it again, it stuck in my throat again, it has a surface that gets sticky when it gets wet. I tried to drink more water on it but the water jammed, too (blocked by the tablet in my throat), so I vomited it. Its still on my kitchen wall, I will have to repaint it someday. I tried it a third time in the bathroom, and failed to swallow it again. After that I throw the rest into the trash, and searched on google where share my experience about this poison, ... I mean product.

Purchased in May 2019.

Shontelle
ShontelleBrisbane

Trash

I started getting a headache yesterday, took some nurofen ... didnt do anything. Went to bed and woke up the next day. About midday to late afternoon, i started getting another headache so I took more. My headache turned into a migraine. Had to take 3 tablets to get any sort of a result. Did nothing. Took another 2 1 hr later, also did nothing. Had to get the hubby to go & buy me a box of panadol. All the nurofens in the supermarkets are complete garbage. Why the hell did they have to take away the nurofen+ & make you go to a dr to get it? So stupid. What would of been dealt with yesterday is still occurring the next day at night. Your product is crap.

Nurofen
Komal K.Nurofen

Putting yourselves out of business ?

So, the Australian government has changed it's legislation, I cannot get nurofen+ over the counter anymore & now requiring everyone to go to a doctor & get a prescription.
I have bought a box a week for years for chronic pain associated with MS, now though I can only get 1 box of 30 tablets every 15 days.
Further more, nurofen have upped the price. Was $13aud per box of 30, now it's $20.85.

So after getting 5 repeat prescriptions today, off to the pharmacy I go & after being given the information on the legislation changes, I told them to tear up the scripts & bin them!
Never buying nurofen again!

Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Find out how Nurofen Tablets compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products

Lorraine
LorraineNSW

More effective than paracetamol

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I find ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetomol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.