Nurofen

OK for arthritis pain - over packaged

I hate taking any drugs but at the moment I'm taking 4 Nurofen caplets daily for severe arthritis in my wrists and I find they work ok. I used to take Panadol Osteo but because of the difficult blister packaging I've changed to Nurofen which are more expensive but equally as good. Another bonus with the Nurofen is the size, they are about half the size of those oversized P.Os. The downside is also the packaging … I get the 96 box and although they are blister packed they are also in 4 individual boxes of 24s inside the outside box! over-packaging for sure and totally unnecessary I reckon. Save on the smaller boxes and reduce the price!

Trash

I started getting a headache yesterday, took some nurofen ... didnt do anything. Went to bed and woke up the next day. About midday to late afternoon, i started getting another headache so I took more. My headache turned into a migraine. Had to take 3 tablets to get any sort of a result. Did nothing. Took another 2 1 hr later, also did nothing. Had to get the hubby to go & buy me a box of panadol. All the nurofens in the supermarkets are complete garbage. Why the hell did they have to take away the nurofen+ & make you go to a dr to get it? So stupid. What would of been dealt with yesterday is still occurring the next day at night. Your product is crap.

Dear Shontelle Thank you for your message and we are sorry to hear of your experience with our Nurofen Product. Could you please kindly give Consumer Relations a call on 1800 022 046 so we can assist you further. Regards, Nurofen Consumer Relations

This is perfect! Can't keep without it.

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I found ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetamol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.

Putting yourselves out of business ?

So, the Australian government has changed it's legislation, I cannot get nurofen+ over the counter anymore & now requiring everyone to go to a doctor & get a prescription.
I have bought a box a week for years for chronic pain associated with MS, now though I can only get 1 box of 30 tablets every 15 days.
Further more, nurofen have upped the price. Was $13aud per box of 30, now it's $20.85.

So after getting 5 repeat prescriptions today, off to the pharmacy I go & after being given the information on the legislation changes, I told them to tear up the scripts & bin them!
Never buying nurofen again!

Not bad at all

I bought some nurofen capsules years ago from the local gold cross chemist and started using them when I had a sore throat due to the flu - it got so bad that I could hardly talk so I had to alternate so I could sleep however, the capsules were small so had no choice but, to take 2 capsules at a time in order for nurofen to work alright

More effective than paracetamol

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I find ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetomol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.

My go to for bad pain

Always works for me. My go to for bad pain in my back or headaches. Easy to find in tons of shops.

love nurofen for a head ache

I seemed to notice that nurofen works really well when I have a head ache or pain. Panadol never works I feel as if it makes it worse. Nurofen is great for pain definitely recommend.

Regular Pain Reliever!

I have tried lots of other brands, but Nurofen is one I always go back to. My kids use it, I use it and I've got my Dad using it as well! I find it works much quicker than other brands and doesn't upset my stomach. The caplets are perfect size for me as I can't swallow larger pills without gagging - I can swallow two of these at a time - go me! :)
Fast acting, gentle on stomach, great for kids

We use nurofen a lot, any pain we use it.
It's been a big fan in our family for years and you can buy from pretty much anywhere now.
It helps us get on with our lives and really tackles pain on hand.
I like that nurofen has different pain tablets, for different areas even cold and flu.
Works fast

Pain relief

For instant pain relief try nurfofen. It works wonders for headaches and tooth aches. I have used other pain killers and nothing comes close to nurofen. It is expensive compared to other brands, but l must say well worth it, as it actually works not like some others on the market.
Instant pain relief
Expensive

Nurofen is the best painkiller

When I have a headache, or more recently, toothaches, I turn to Nurofen for relief. I've tried the others but it is really only Nurofen that works for me. Its the rapid pain relief that makes it my painkiller of choice. Easy to take and totally effective so it ticks all the boxes.
Quick pain relief

Not many people realise but your no name brand of ibuprofen (Active ingredient of Nurofen) is exactlly the same as Nurofen, but only $2 at Coles or Woolworths for a pack of 20.

Unbelievably good !!!

There has never been anything as good as nurofen, i am used to taking panadols but i always dint get the effect i was looking for. Advil is something i would equally recommend. I thought i would write a quick review for people looking for a quick relief from headache and tummy ache.
cheap, readily available

it's important to start by saying that i take tablets only if absolutely necessary....in the past, Neurofen used to help, but since about a year ago it just makes me feel sick, as if i've been poisoned by something....funnily enough, these days a simple water soluble Aspirin does the job...

Good

Several years ago, I found that paracetamol (panadol) wasn't working very well for me, so I tried Nurofen instead. It seems to work much better for headaches, tooth aches, period pain, inflammation, etc. If you have really strong pain, Nurofen Plus is probably the better option as it has added codeine. But for regular pain, Nurofen works quickly and does the job. I have always used the caplets, and they are small and easy to swallow without a nasty aftertaste. They are suitable for breastfeeding mothers and those with asthma. I have never had an upset stomach from taking Nurofen, or any other side effects.
Easy to swallow, works fairly fast, effective on pain

OK

This works fairly quickly working pill for headache and pain. A cheaper store brand is available if you can find it in stock at Coles or Woolies. If you prefer this branded one and are willing to pay a little bit more for it, then this is a good effective pill for pain. It is easy to swallow so it doesn't linger in the mouth or throat dryly.
I used to use these quite often when I had terrible headaches. Nowadays, I just buy the supermarket's version which I am sure contains the same ingredient.
Very expensive for the number of pills you get in a pack. It is probably cheapest to buy the bigger pack which should be okay since the expiry date is usually a couple of years away. I have heard that it can cause stomach problems if you use too many and for a long period of time, so that is something to think about.

Good

I once had my feet swell up after spending hours in water and detergent the day before. The Dr told me to take Nurofen and it worked. Luckily as I was in a wedding the next day and could not fit into the bridesmaid shoes! I know it was the Nurofen as they swelled up again and I repeated the Nurofen and they settled back down (Dr was stumped as it why they were sore and swolled). I also use it if I have a sore throat or when I have had tonsilitis as I find it helps to settle the swelling.
I tend to use Nurofen if I am dealing with inflammation. I find it very effective.
Not enough if you have really strong pain.

I really like these nurofen tablets, they work for a few things and they work fast. I am not to crash hot on the baby safety aspect of them tasting sweet and not being in a baby safe bottle. I will how ever still keep buying them. Oh and did i say They work really well!
They taste sweet so aren't a struggle to get down. They are easy to swallow, i haven't ever had one not go down properly
They don't come in a baby proof bottle. and they are a little pricey

Good

I like that you can buy Nurofen pain relief tablets in a variety of forms as the liquid capsules I have found to be a far easier form to take. I always have trouble trying to swallow the tablets. You can buy the tablets in bulk packets which makes them much more affordable. Good with pains such as headaches.
Readily available form of pain relief. You can always find Nurofen at supermarkets or chemists. Does a good job with a variety of different forms of pain.
These tablets can be expensive but you will often find them on special at chemists from time to time.

I had always used Panadol when suffering from a headach or stomach cramps, but since using Nurofen there is no going back. Due to the seet coating, they are easy to swallow. I find it more effective if you rest until you feel the effects of the pain killer and once they start working you have a good 2 hours before if the pain still persists I would take another 2.
sweet taste due to costing on the outer crust of the tablet, works fast and effectively - I wouldn't use anything else. Readily avaliable.
Can be a little expensive but if you buy them in bulk packets you can save a little money and they are more reasonable.

After years of using Panadol, I tried Nurofen and was pleasantly surprised. I had no idea that some pain relief tablets had a sweet coating! After taking them, I was surprised that they seemed to work a lot better than what I had previously used. Now I make sure I always have some Nurofen in the cupboard for those off days. Definitely recommended for mild-medium strength pain.
Sweet coating, they are smaller than other products, they work faster than many others.
More expensive than other products, not many in a pack which means they get used fast when taking two at a time.