Nurofen

Tablets, Caplets, Liquid Capsules (See All)
See the Best Muscle & Pain Relief Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nurofen

Pros

Treats wide range of pain areas
Fast acting
Gentle on the stomach

4.2
Bron S
Bron SMurray Region, NSW

Black label on tablets

Why is black stuff in dissolved tablets attracted to magnet accidentally near glass?
Please tell me why there are little bits of black stuff in my glass when I dissolve my tablets so I don't have to swallow them

Purchased in February 2022 at Coles Supermarkets.

My Thoughts.
My Thoughts.

Works For Me.

I always buy Nurofen in the tablet form because I found the caplet a little difficult to swallow.
Like a lot of other people I have arthritic knees.
I find two Nurofen in the morning combined with stretching exercises gives me significant improvement,we all know there is no ‘miracle’ cure for arthritis.
I always take them with food…never take them on an empty stomach…
They are a good price and easily obtainable.

Purchased in June 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Impossible to swallow - almost choked me

I bought the Nurofen Express 512mg tablets in Cyprus when I was there on holiday. When I wanted to use this tablet (solid material, almost like a sphere) it was really hard to swallow it, I stuck in my throat. Then when I came home, I tried to use it again, it stuck in my throat again, it has a surface that gets sticky when it gets wet. I tried to drink more water on it but the water jammed, too (blocked by the tablet in my throat), so I vomited it. Its still on my kitchen wall, I will have to repaint it someday. I tried it a third time in the bathroom, and failed to swallow it again. After that I throw the rest into the trash, and searched on google where share my experience about this poison, ... I mean product.

Purchased in May 2019.

mallymuffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OK for arthritis pain - over packaged

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $14.99.

mallymuff

SEPT 2020: coz I need to take something for OA pain I've been taking these now for over a year and they now give very little relief and the price goes up n up, so I'd change the 4 stars above to 2. nothing much helps :(

Shontelle
ShontelleBrisbane

Trash

I started getting a headache yesterday, took some nurofen ... didnt do anything. Went to bed and woke up the next day. About midday to late afternoon, i started getting another headache so I took more. My headache turned into a migraine. Had to take 3 tablets to get any sort of a result. Did nothing. Took another 2 1 hr later, also did nothing. Had to get the hubby to go & buy me a box of panadol. All the nurofens in the supermarkets are complete garbage. Why the hell did they have to take away the nurofen+ & make you go to a dr to get it? So stupid. What would of been dealt with yesterday is still occurring the next day at night. Your product is crap.

Komal K.NurofenSend a private message

This is perfect! Can't keep without it.

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I found ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetamol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.

Putting yourselves out of business ?

So, the Australian government has changed it's legislation, I cannot get nurofen+ over the counter anymore & now requiring everyone to go to a doctor & get a prescription.
I have bought a box a week for years for chronic pain associated with MS, now though I can only get 1 box of 30 tablets every 15 days.
Further more, nurofen have upped the price. Was $13aud per box of 30, now it's $20.85.

So after getting 5 repeat prescriptions today, off to the pharmacy I go & after being given the information on the legislation changes, I told them to tear up the scripts & bin them!
Never buying nurofen again!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
brian
brian

Not bad at all

I bought some nurofen capsules years ago from the local gold cross chemist and started using them when I had a sore throat due to the flu - it got so bad that I could hardly talk so I had to alternate so I could sleep however, the capsules were small so had no choice but, to take 2 capsules at a time in order for nurofen to work alright

Lorraine
LorraineNSW

More effective than paracetamol

Nurofen is a great painkiller. I find ibuprofen to be far more effective than paracetomol, and Nurofen is readily available just about everywhere. I generally use it for headaches, period pain and back pain, but I've also used it after dental surgery and when I twisted my ankle. It offers great pain relief, I always make sure there's some in my medicine cabinet.

runneraust
runneraustBrisbane

My go to for bad pain

Always works for me. My go to for bad pain in my back or headaches. Easy to find in tons of shops.

Madison
MadisonCanberra

love nurofen for a head ache

I seemed to notice that nurofen works really well when I have a head ache or pain. Panadol never works I feel as if it makes it worse. Nurofen is great for pain definitely recommend.

t00dles
t00dlesQLD, 4000

Regular Pain Reliever!

I have tried lots of other brands, but Nurofen is one I always go back to. My kids use it, I use it and I've got my Dad using it as well! I find it works much quicker than other brands and doesn't upset my stomach. The caplets are perfect size for me as I can't swallow larger pills without gagging - I can swallow two of these at a time - go me! :)
Fast acting, gentle on stomach, great for kids

cherubbabies
cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW

We use nurofen a lot, any pain we use it.
It's been a big fan in our family for years and you can buy from pretty much anywhere now.
It helps us get on with our lives and really tackles pain on hand.
I like that nurofen has different pain tablets, for different areas even cold and flu.
Works fast

Tilly91
Tilly91Melb

Pain relief

For instant pain relief try nurfofen. It works wonders for headaches and tooth aches. I have used other pain killers and nothing comes close to nurofen. It is expensive compared to other brands, but l must say well worth it, as it actually works not like some others on the market.
Instant pain relief
Expensive

shelbyward
shelbywardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nurofen is the best painkiller

When I have a headache, or more recently, toothaches, I turn to Nurofen for relief. I've tried the others but it is really only Nurofen that works for me. Its the rapid pain relief that makes it my painkiller of choice. Easy to take and totally effective so it ticks all the boxes.
Quick pain relief

Amanda75
Amanda75

Not many people realise but your no name brand of ibuprofen (Active ingredient of Nurofen) is exactlly the same as Nurofen, but only $2 at Coles or Woolworths for a pack of 20.

Get an answer from our members and Nurofen representatives

Features:

• Nurofen contains ibuprofen, a general painkiller that can help ease general pain, making it a go-to for any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing.
  • It provides fast, effective pain relief for different types of pain, including headaches, migraines, back pain, period pain, dental pain, cold and flu symptoms, sinus pain, muscular pain, and pain associated with arthritis.
  • 2 tablets can give you up to 8 hours of pain relief.
  • You can buy Nurofen tablets or caplets, so you can choose whichever makes it easier to swallow.
  • It doesn’t require a prescription to obtain, so you can pop to the shop when you feel your pain coming on.
  • A pack of 24 tablets will set you back $5.99.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that Nurofen eased pain in a lot of problem areas, including headaches, period pain, back pain, dental pain, and joint pain.
  • Many reviewers found that Nurofen worked well for pain that wasn’t eased by paracetamol.
  • Nurofen is fast acting and gentle on the stomach, according to reviewers.
Compare all 3 Nurofen
Nurofen Liquid Capsules
  • Discontinued

Nurofen Liquid Capsules

4.3
CategoryMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief ProductsMuscle & Pain Relief Products
Prescription NeededNoNoNo
Product TypeTablet/PillTablet/PillTablet/Pill
Targeted AreaGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and InflammationGeneral Pain and Inflammation
Release dateJan 2007Jan 2007