Officeworks
1.9 from 1,330 reviews

See the Best Office & Stationery Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lacking in online customer service.

Sent a web enquiry 2 weeks ago, instant reply back was I would hear back within 2 days, 2 weeks later still waiting. I will buy the product elsewhere now.

Did not honour Warranty

Purchased a Harvard Executive chair for $249 in May 2019 from Officeworks Coburg. After 3 months it began to tilt at a bad angle. Took it back. The first guy said it look like wear and tear. I explained that I had only purchased it 3 months ago. He said he would take it to manager. After some time passed a lady brought the chair back. Then more time passed before eventually another lady who said she was a manager approached. She said there was nothing they could do and I would not be getting a refund or replacement as the chair was clearly not right. I said the chair is not suppose to tilt to the left at an uncomfortable angle after only 3 months of use. She said no it wasn't but she believed that maybe it had be misused. I stated no one had misused the chair. She said sorry there is nothing I can do for you. She then walked away leaving us looking stupid at a broken chair. Very angry and disappointed as I purchased a chair with the understanding that if something went faulty I would have a warranty to cover it. Instead called a liar.

Store LocationOfficeworks Coburg

Online shopping/delivery is re-donk

Purchased some print documents online for $70 on August 15th 2019. Website states delivery should be expected between 3-7 business days for Metro areas. It's now September the 12th 2019 and I have not received my package.

I never received a tracking number for my package. I called up on numerous occasions and got told so many excuses about mix ups with the delivery and address issues. The customer service people had no clue where my package was. Absolutely ridiculous. The only resolution they offered was a refund. What a complete waste of time! I will not be shopping online at Officeworks again.

Terrible store and service (Officeworks North ryde

The worst store I have ever visited.
The staff were totally incompetent. I went in to buy a $500 monitor on a Wednesday afternoon and had not a single person available to even let me buy the monitor!!
The tall guy that finally helped had no idea about computers and took 10 minutes to find the cable for my item.
Do not visit this store.
Officeworks in general have been quite good. The staff at this store are seriously in need of revision.

Store LocationNorth Ryde

Fast turnaround for personalised photo canvas order

Yesterday afternoon I used the in store photo self service kiosk to order my very first personalised canvas for a wedding photo. The software was simple to use, very quick and allows efficient ordering with an expected turnaround of 2 working days. I received a text message this morning advising my order was ready for collection. My husband and I are extremely happy with the quality of the canvas, the vivid colours and quick turnaround. Will definitely use this service again

Store LocationMalaga WA

Absolutely woeful

Incapable of fulfilling an order. On multiple occasions I've placed an order for next day delivery only to be told the product either isn't in stock as claimed on the website or the delivery company couldn't deliver it on time. They never even deem it appropriate to offer an apology. They should probably look into getting some sort of decent logistics system because at the moment they are functioning way below the standard of any small backyard business.

Easy Assembly

Just bought the Sheffield Desk Table in kit form. The staff at Warners Bay carried it out to my car. Starting to assemble after reading the instructions was a simple process. Everything fitted to together like clockwork. They even include some spare hardware which was not needed.

Rubbish timelines on delivery

Purchased ink online, states next day delivery and email tracking update reflected the same. Didn't arrive and when I called I was told sorry but hopefully tomorrow, otherwise you can go get it in store and not accept delivery when it arrives?! What on earth is the point of inline shopping, next day delivery and tracking if none of it culminates in what is promised

Office does not work

No assistance from staff
No help except at counter
Slow at checkout waiting in cue
Not stocked doesn't have what I needed
Too big to waste 10min looking for an item that isn't stocked with no help
Makes Bunnings look brilliant

Store LocationMorley

Don’t expect next day delivery from officeworks

I purchased an iTunes gift card online on Thursday 29th August. On their website it states next day delivery if ordered and paid prior to 5.30pm. I did this, expecting the order to arrive the next day after checking we were in the service area, and after receiving an email saying expected delivery next day. I have ordered this card as a Father’s Day present from my children to their dad. The only reason I ordered was because of next day delivery. As you can guess it DID NOT arrive. In fact, it was delivered Wednesday (today). Only 3 days late, for what it was needed for. Customer service is non existent. Everyone was sorry, but not one person was concerned with the fact that I forked out a small fortune, and then had to do it all again to get something else last minute because of officeworks lack of duty. And yes, I could have not accepted the item, but then I would have to wait until it went back to the depot and then I would have to wait to be notified it had been returned, AND THEN I would have had to call customer service, AGAIN to get the refund processed, and to be honest, at this point I have had enough of officeworks and their lack of interest in customers and the fact I have spent a fair amount of time in the last few days on the phone to them any way. I just want to warn anyone who is going to use their online service as user beware.

3 deliveries for 3 products

Order 6 pens, 5xream of paper and a urn. Appears today I get one delivery to send $5 of pens, another for 5 reams of paper and tomorrow I get the urn. Efficiency at its best, well done

Really poor customer service

When I'm dealing with a company, either online or in store, the most important attribute for me is customer service. I was trying to buy new ink cartridges. I found them far cheaper online. The online chat popped up and asked if I needed any help so I asked if they price matched. I got a response that said go in store and talk to them or perhaps try calling customer service. Why would I spend the time and effort to go in-store to check something that the online help should be able to assist me with. When I responded with this I was told they can't process price match orders through the online help and I needed to phone it in. I wasn't making an order - I was making an enquiry about their policy. The online person then shut down my access to the online chat. So I rang. After negotiating the quite convoluted phone support menu, the woman on the other end argued with me about the product and then finally said they didn't carry the cartridge twin packs that I was after and therefore they could only supply me two individual cartridge packs at a total price that was more than $30 more expensive. We have our business account with these guys as well. I'm going to be suggesting to our office manager that she look into instation.com.au online to find our business products cheaper given the Officeworks online customer support has given me no reason to remain loyal to them despite their higher prices.

Dreadful customer service

Tylah, from Brisbane city office work, is extreme rude and unhelpful.

This has been my second encounter with this staff member at Brisbane city office work.

The first time, one of the friendly staff tried to print out 30 pieces of studying material for me, yet the staff was busy, and unable to hand over the printed paper. I suggested if Tylah could help and bring my paper out, instead of helping me out she was playing her phone at the foray, and then she squeezed out "no". ( could check the recorded CCTV footage).

Today, after being served as I wanted to print some paper out, she waved her finger and said "wait at the other side and pay". This happened around 6:30 on 2nd of September. After she got the printed paper after 15 minutes, she must be very busy as I was the only customer there, she left the paper as close as to her side. I had to lean over the counter to collect my paper.( maybe the CCTV camera recorded the scenario).
Can she be any unprofessional and unhelpful. How did she passed the interview and got the job?

Store LocationBrisbane city

Warranty

I went to the Noarlunga store today to get a replacement for an iPad keyboard I purchased on 12 July. Jodie told me they were doing me a favour by replacing it because it was dirty. On the outside not the keyboard itself. Not dented or scratched. Dirty. Yes I use
It. Jodie you need to read up on consumer laws. And put on your washing up gloves.

Store LocationNoarlunga

Fake price beat guarantee

What Officeworks advertise to beat 5% to any Australian business / website is a FRAUD. Today, tried their Dandenong store to see if they can beat Motorola G7 price advertised on [weblink removed] for $377.60 + $15.95 (Delivery Charges) = $ 393.55

Where Officeworks had advertised it for $447 to rob Australians.

Answer was No.

Because you need to register to access that product. What a crap.

Store LocationDandenong

Don't Order Anything Online From Officeworks If You Want To Keep Your Sanity

Two weeks ago I ordered a desk for my son online from Officeworks for collection at their Milton branch in Brisbane. At the time of ordering, their online shop stated that they had stock. So my partner went to collect the desk 3 days later on Saturday. On arrival they were informed that there wasn't any stock at the branch and that we would have to wait until stock was sent from the warehouse. They also said that it shouldn't take more than 3 days. As we hadn't heard anything from Officeworks, I contacted the Milton branch on Wednesday last week. They informed me that the desk would be delivered to their branch by Monday. Well, Monday came and went and still no communication from Officeworks. I went online this morning and selected the tracking option on the order. It said it would be delivered today for collection tomorrow. Not trusting this information, I phoned the Milton branch to confirm that they indeed had the desk and was informed that they hadn't received it yet. I then asked them to confirm that they would indeed receive it at some point today and was told that I would have to contact the warehouse myself for that information. I contacted their warehouse and was told that they had no stock of the desk at all and then promptly cancelled my order. I got a refund and then decided to make a formal complaint. Believe it or not, Officeworks doesn't have a single person or department dedicated to dealing with complaints. I guess they don't really care about customer service. I am absolutely flabbergasted that a company as large as Officeworks can operate like this and still stay in business in this day and age. Mine is not an isolated case as my brother in law has had the same experience in the last month.

The worst retail experience of my life.

Do not buy anything more expensive than a pencil from Officeworks if you want to get decent value from the purchases you make. I purchased a HP laptop stream 11ah 1XX computer from Officeworks in Campbelltown, Sydney towards the end of 2018. Within one week, a bright spot appeared on the screen. In my experience, a problem like this can presage the screen ceasing to function. So I reset the computer back to factory default and took it back to the store. Officeworks replaced it with a new one. Within two weeks, the physical network adapter stopped working so that the operating system (Windows 10) refused to recognise the adapter. I took the computer back and got it replaced. Six months later, I had the same problem with the physical network adapter. After six months of connecting to the internet everyday, as far as the operating system was concerned, there was no network adapter installed. Even a reset to factory default made no difference (hence my conclusion that the physical adapter must have malfunctioned).

Well, I took the computer back to Officeworks, but this time the manager told me that the computer would have to be sent to the factory for repairs. Despite my frustration (as I need my computer for work), I calmly explained that this particular model was obviously "cheap crap", came with faults inherently built into its design, and that this was the third time I had had to return a computer model that consistently wasn't fit for purpose. The manager loudly replied that she would call the police if I continued to talk like that. All this occurred in front of a shop full of onlookers. Rather than make the situation worse, I left the store and called Officeworks customer service. I spoke to a nice lady who apologised for the way I was treated before telling me that I was entitled to either a refund or a difference model. I returned to the store with this information (and the name of the customer service representative) a few hours later, this time with my mobile phone camera on to record the proceedings. I got my refund within 15 minutes. Suffice to say, despite the assistance from customer service, I will never shop at Officeworks again. Read my '1 star out of 5' rating as '0 stars out of 5'.

Store LocationCampbelltown, Southwest Sydney

14 days to have 3 banners printed.

Ordered 3 banners online, estimated time was 4-8 days. 11 days later I rang and was told they're in transit and will be another 3 days. So 14 days to have 3 banners printed and delivered. The trade show will be finished and we don't need them any longer. This is not the 1950's, I can get items shipped from China faster. No apology, just excuses. You get what you pay for. NEVER AGAIN.

My Experience

Slide out of this chair , seems the seat is sloping a little! Also can't sit on it for too long, have to reposition myself regularly! very uncomfortable for long sitting!

Belconnen shop, disappointing

Yesterday I wanted a one page printing job done and the line up for printing was so slow, there was another line for pick up. Two staff were attending and it took ages to get served. Finally another staff person arrived to help. I finally got served and the printing was quick and cheap. I heard one staff member say 'we are too busy to do that for you now' you will have to come back tomorrow. I then had to try to find a staff member to show me which aisle I needed for hard drives, Fortunately I could serve myself for that. Then I wanted some expanding binder wallets but could not find what I wanted, I was in the correct place. I went to the checkout person to pay for my goods and she helpful and said they had them and called someone to check. She had to get them from an unopened box. Not good having stock not on display. When I said to the checkout person 'the service was bad today. She said we have no staff they have cut our wages. I wondered if they had cut the wages at the top or only for the people who have to face the customer.

Store LocationBelconnen