Olay Regenerist Revitalizing Night Cream

Olay Regenerist Revitalizing Night Cream

1.9

Broke out in res splotchy raises bump rash

After using this product my face broke out in a red splotchy raised bump rash. I do not have sensitive skin. I’m sure not everyone breaks out in a rash, just my skin in this product don’t seem to get along.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco for A$38.00.

Bad reaction

I’m not going to bad mouth Olay because Olay has been around for years. But I’ll share my experience. I’m in my mid 50’s and have wrinkles under my eyes and neck. So I read on the top ten products and well Olay night cream was one. I went to Costco, purchased my Olay cream and came home ready to use it. First day made my face and neck feel smooth and look amazing. Second time I used it, I had burning on my check bones and got a very bad reaction to my neck. I’m sad that this product didn’t work on me. I was hoping to save money but will be going back to using Lancôme.

Purchased in January 2021 at Costco for A$45.00.

Caused a painful rash

Used for first time & woke up with my face stinging , red blotches and inflammation all over my face. Had to make a dermatologist appointment to get help! I’m returning this as it was $30 and dangerous for the skin!

Purchased in December 2020 for A$30.00.

Skin TypeSensitive Skin
Moisturisers

Find out how Olay Regenerist Revitalizing Night Cream compares to other Moisturisers

Horrible reaction to Retinol in this product

I used the Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Cream two times. The first time it went on silky smooth, and I thought I liked it. The next night, I used it again. The next morning my face was splotched red, flaking, itchy, and swollen. I discontinued, and went to the Dr. She took one look at me and said, "you look ill". She put me on CeraVe with Hydrocortisone. After using the CeraVe for about a week, I was back to normal. I had bought the accompanying Olay products of Eye cream, and Night Serum. Never even used the latter 2 products.

Kaz

KazNew South Wales

Bad reaction

I used the night cream for 1 night and woke up in the morning with my face red and swollen, it got worse and the day wore on, my eyes were puffy and swollen, my face looked like it had been burnt, It was really itchy as well. there should be a product recall as this is not safe to use and reading some of the reviews I'm shocked that this hasn't happened yet!

Purchased in November 2020 at paknsave for A$30.00.

Skin TypeNormal Skin

Facing Severe allergic reaction on face,red,dry,flaky skin with extreme burning sensation

I have purchased it from Amazon and facing severe allergic reaction.i am facing severe burning sensation,redness,flaky skin just after 2days use of this product.I am using topical steroid still don't know when will I get my original face back..

Purchased in December 2020 at Amazon.

Bad allergic reaction

I used this last night after washing my face and got severe red whelps and red itching stinging burning bumps all over my face and above upper and lower lips and cheek bones....

Purchased in October 2020 for A$8.00.

Rox

RoxIllawarra, NSW

Wish I had of read these reviews first

I had an aweful reaction, my face is covered in red itchy stinging bumps after using for 2 days. 3 days after i've stopped using it i still have bumps coming up. What a waste of money, looking at the previous reviews and the same experiences i don't understand how this product passed the testing stage. My usually lovely skin is currently ruined.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$36.00.

Julz

Julz

Love the cream

Goes on smooth , my face feels really soft , love the olay range , have been using Olay creams mainly the plain pink cheap one for years and love this night cream , easy to apply and l think my skins looking much smoother and softer
Here l am no makeup , no filters

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Causes IrritationNo

Adverse reaction

First time I tried it I had itchy, lumpy and burning sensation around my jaw line and upper lip. Never had any reaction to other moisturisers before. Wished I read other’s review before purchasing it. More than 1 same reaction to one product is a red flag.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$25.00.

Skin TypeOily Skin

Cream smells rancid

I just bought the Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream Fragance free, this is the first time I use this cream but it has a rancid smell, I'm wondering if that is normal. I think I should return it I don't want to use this cream with that smell.

Purchased in September 2020 at CVS for A$26.00.

Julia S

Julia SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sadly I had the same bad reaction

I recently bought the Microsculpting cream and now week 3 and my skin is tingly, rashy and peeling (like in the above review) as if my skin is sunburnt! I don’t normally have sensitive skin but previously used the Olay moisturizing cream with no issues. I looked up reviews tonight to see if I wasn’t the only one. Will try contacting head office tomorrow, this is scary and should be pulled from shelves.

Purchased in August 2020.

Angioedema and urticaria

The cream was nice and smooth and left my face feeling glowy. But after 3 nights of using it, my face began to itch and I had stinging burn sensation on my cheeks. I stopped using it but the burn continues and just the other day, I woke up with red rashes all over my cheeks and my eyelids were swollen. I had to buy antihistamines and on day 2 of taking the meds, my face is still swollen especially the cheeks and eye area. I hope the healing will happen soon. I hope it will leave me with no scar.
For new users, hope you read the reviews first before buying a product. And test it on other parts of the skin before applying it on your face.

Purchased in August 2020.

A raw rash

After four days of using the day and night cream I started to get a rash on my jawline. It’s now spread to my cheeks and forehead
It’s very itchy and hot. Cleaning my face is a painful stinging experience.
So that’s it for me.
I have only opened this cream and I’m having to throw it away.

Purchased in August 2020 at Costco.

Skin TypeSensitive Skin
Jules

JulesCanberra 2600, ACT

Terrible Product!

After using this night cream for the first time my face became itchy and felt like I had been sunburnt! I had to take antihistamine tablets to help the irritation. Would not recommend this product.

Wil

WilSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Distressing reaction

Discoloured burning itchy peeling skin and severe swelling of face after 2 nights of use requiring medication to alleviate and days of recuperation. Somewhat alarming and extremely disappointing for a 60 year Ulan/Olay product user.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$36.00.

Skin TypeDry Skin

Rash on eyes, forehead and chest

I have never have experienced these rash issues before. Above my eyes, forehead and neck/chest area have red burn irritated patches. I have had to seek assistance from a doctor as over the counter creams have not helped the itching sore rash.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$40.00.

Olay Customer CareOlay

Olay regenerist night recovery cream..... very disappointed

After beginning this product I have broke out in acne. I don’t get acne anymore and was very disappointed by this! I used the product as directed and yes my skin does feel softer but not worth the acne all over it!

Purchased in April 2020 at Walgreens for A$38.99.

Skin TypeDry Skin

I’ve never had a reaction to a product before until this one!

I’ve used Olay since I was 16/17 and never had an issue. This product made me break out in a terrible red spotty rash after day 2. I’m now on cortisone good clear it up.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coles for A$17.00.

Don’t buy it!!!

This product is so bad I used it to for two times and now I’m left with bumpy skin all over my face and round my eyes. I’m very frustrated over the reaction from this product and I don’t even have any allergy or reaction to anything!!

I don’t even care about the cost that the product doesn’t deserve it but I care about the effect that only god knows when it will go. If this continue I’ll collect everyone feedback that is exactly like mine and sue the company

Purchased in March 2020 for A$28.00.

Mehvish E.

Mehvish E.asked

Regenerist Revitalizing Night Cream

Hello , I bought it today Olay Regenerist Revitalising Night cream I thought it's a good cream for night time treatment but I read the reviews of people now I am very scared. I don't know what to do? Should I start using this without any doubt or go for to change it?

JaeCee
JaeCee

Hi Mehvish, I did a lot of research about this range of products and it did seem like a good product, I would just say it did not agree with my skin, but that doesn’t mean it won’t agree with yours. It’s tough to say. If your skin is on the more sensitive side, perhaps a different product would be better, however a lot of the other anti ageing products out there seem to have harsher ingredients in them....
I suppose the other thing to consider is you won’t know unless you try, it may be great for your skin...good luck!

Hi Mehvish,

Thank you for your question! Rest assured, all of our products have undergone rigorous testing and we have always placed the safety of our consumers as our top priority. For more information on our product testing, please visit: https://anz.pg.com/product-safety/

Our Regenerist range is formulated with actives such as Amino Peptides which helps in collagen reproduction and to plump skin. Other great ingredients also include Niacinamide - a powerhouse ingredient that helps to firm, nourish, and protect skin's barrier over time.

For more reviews about the cream, please do visit the following links for your reference:

Olay Customer Care Team

Kalsoom

Kalsoomasked

Regenerist Revitalizing Night Cream

Hi
I am using oly 7 effect normal day cream with oly 7 effect face wash before using oly i was using mixed cream at night but after using that mixed cream pigmention freckles appears on face, can u suggest any oly night cream for freckles please .
Regarda

Mhmmm Kitten
Mhmmm Kitten

Hi there,

I'm unsure about which Olay products would help with that. I would have thought the cream would have helped with your situation, not make it worse. What I can advise for you to do is to use a Vitamin C serum BEFORE your Olay cream, preferably at night because light and the air oxidises Vitamin C EXTREMELY FAST! Put on the serum, WAIT A FEW MINUTES (when you feel that it has sunk into your skin) and THEN apply your Olay cream. I make my own Vitamin C serum. It helps to fade dark spots and evens out your skin tone and can also help with, and prevent, ageing. It doesn't work well for everyone, but it has always worked well for me. If you're going to purchase Vit C serum, make sure it is PURE and comes in a DARK bottle. I've already mentioned how fast it oxidises. Don't trust everything that the Vit C is mixed with...Vit C doesn't mix well with MANY things. This is why I make my own.

All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Olay representatives

Compare all 24 Olay Regenerist