ALDI Ombra SPF50+

ALDI Ombra SPF50+

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (8) · No (5)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Adam M.

Adam M.

Burnt after only 1 hour in the sun

Applied on my neck and face, after one hour of being indoors went for a walk in the sun for about 45 minutes - 1 hour. Was burnt. Do not use this product. It does not work.

Purchased in November 2020 at ALDI.

Causes IrritationNo
PlantMum

PlantMumSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sensitive SPF50 - used once and ended up in Hospital ED

Product was the Ombra Sensitive SPF 50+ Tube (teal colour) purchased Jan 2021.

Applied to my face, ears and neck prior to going outside. It's a 28° day and my entire face started sweating and the product ended up dripping into one eye.

Constant burning, running tears and swollen eye socket and cheek for 10hr straight, despite flushing with saline.

HealthDirect hotline advised me to goto ED as I could barely open my eye, sensitive to light and couldn't drive.

5hrs in Emergency waiting for an Eye Specialist. Photo taken at that time (14hr after applying the sunscreen).

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI for $2.99.

Do not use

This is unsafe for use in Australia! Applied as instructed and burnt to a crisp.
Almost feel as if no sunscreen would have been a better option.
Aldi should not be selling this product.

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI.

Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Alli A.

Alli A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware! Acute allergic reaction & burns

Worst sunscreen ever. Still suffering days later. Used at a friends place before the beach and that night my eyes started swelling. The next morning my face swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't open my eyes at all. I’m still taking antihistamines, using eye drops and applying dermacream. Am on holiday and wasn’t able to leave the hotel for over 24 hours as my face was so swollen and sore. 3 days later and my face is still burning, itchy and swollen. Never again!!!
Update: day 4 and still raw, red and sore. Now breaking out in small blisters. Face still slightly swollen. Can’t believe how much damage and reaction from one application!

Kai H.

Kai H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does not work.

Used as recommended, I was outside for 2 hours and i am the most burnt I have ever been before. It’s like it attracts the sun rather then protecting from...

Purchased in December 2020.

John P

John PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely not for normal use

I am a daily user of Ombra Sport sunscreen - very effective and a good price- although after long term use, I was seeing some minor skin irritation along the sweat line. I decided to try the Aldi Ombra Sensitive sunscreen for my next purchase. As soon as I put on the sunscreen on my arms and legs, I felt burning of the skin. Because I was out in the sun, I needed to do a second application a few hours later and the same effect occurred. This product is labelled as "Sensitive". No long term rash, just that your skin feels on fire for 10 mins. As to the product itself, it is awful to put on - difficult to rub in- the Ombra Sport is much better to apply. I don't recommend this product for anyone, let alone someone with sensitive skin.

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI.

Ease of Application

This is the best sunscrean I've ever used

I have been using this sunscreen for a year now and it works better than any others I've used. I haven't been able to find it anywhere and have resorted to Bananaboat which actually didn't work in the slightest. Please bring this back asap

Purchased in June 2019.

kate

kate

Burnt to absolute crisp despite applying multiple times!

My family and I are roasted like burnt tomatoes after using this POS product.

Applied an hour before going outside and then applied a second time 40 minutes later (20 minutes before sun). Then twice more over four hours as instructed. Was very generous with application, but came out red raw and severely sun burnt! This does not work and is beyond dangerous! It's a disgrace.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $10.00.

Yvonne

YvonneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please take this off the shelf !!

Wish I did research before purchase, but do yourself a favor - AVOID OMBRA SENSITIVE SCREEN! It burns like acid, probably better to go bare face than putting this on, it causes red dry itchy skin. Aldi needs to take this off the shelf and stop harming Innocent people.

Purchased in May 2020.

KimmyR

KimmyRBallarat

changed ingredients

I have been using Ombra daily defence light feel for about 3 years now. Recently I bought two new tubes as I had not seen it for a while. I opened one this week and put it on - It immediately felt like it was burning my skin just in between my mouth and nose. Washed that part off and continued with my day. The next day I put it on again avoiding that section, and I went for a walk with my son, came home and my face and neck were red raw like I'd gotten sunburnt.
Found an older tube, and checked the ingredients - please explain WHY you would put camphor into a sunscreen? This is clearly what makes it burn. I'll be asking for my money back.

Purchased in January 2020.

kylielam2005

kylielam2005Sydney, NSW

Burnt to a crisp!

I lathered alot of this sunscreen on my face. Last week I wore no-one & got a little red. Today I am badly burnt after using this. After seeing all these reviews I think it's time they were sued.disgusting !

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Phoebe

PhoebeSydney, NSW

Do not use this product

I used this on my face and three days later my face is still red, itchy, burning, and swollen. I could hardly open my eyes on the first two mornings. It now feels like I have acid on my face. This is even after taking antihistamines and a steroid tablet prescribed by my doctor each day. I have used many different brands of sunscreen in my life and have never experienced a reaction before let alone one this severe.

joy

joyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great stuff!

We've used this sunscreen for years the whole family prob 16 of us and never had a problem and have been fully protected from the sun just run out again and will be buying this product again..

Purchased in December 2018 for $10.00.

tateayl

tateaylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Acid Sunscreen - my story was posted on Channel 7 News

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI.

Robert R.

Robert R.South East Queensland, QLD

Believe the 1 Star reviews!

Wish I'd look here before using this product!
3 hours in the sun, applied it twice and burnt to a crisp! So stingy, it does feel like acid has been poured on me! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Throw it out!

Purchased at ALDI.

Jerardine Luxhoj

Jerardine LuxhojBrisbane

Best suncreen ever but

I really love the Ombra spf 50t coconut spray lotion.The product is fantastic it goes on smoooth smells great protects your skin.I would rate it 5 stars if the spray container worked.It goes everywhere but the skin.Then you have to take the lid of to apply it.I first tried it from a friend straight away she said youll have to take the lid off to use it., so wow thats a bad fault that could easily be fixed make it a roll on su screen.Im putting mine in an old deodorant container.

Dawn

Dawn

Felt like acid on my face

Used this once and would never use it or recommend ever. Face felt like i had acid on it. My face was red and burned for hours after. Very very itchy.

Dreadful and criminal

The Ombra 50+ spray is horrendous. I reapplied twice and was in the sun for a few hours at most (I am very pale) and I got absolutely roasted. It’s criminal to sell this product with the intensity of the Australian sun!!

Irish in Oz

Irish in OzBrisbane

Scalded with this despite heaviest application and reapplication

Scalded with this for the second time..first time I thought I didn’t use enough and blamed lack of reapplying
Covered myself and partner head to toe in this today, extra thick layer, went to beach for 2-3 hours and came back burnt +++ despite reapplying.
Very stingy on the eyes too when you go in the sea.
The only nice thing is that it dries in and doesn’t look greasy..but the pro is completely outweighed by the fact that it doesn’t do it’s job at protecting against the sun..it’s almost like it, as others suggest, acts like an oil and encourages burning! Had bought 2 tins of this and had to dump to prevent future burns

A magnifying glass would have better SPF protection than this crap.

I bought a bottle of this for a friend. She's very pale, very Redhead. It should have worked for her. She applied it regularly, heavily, and still burnt to a crisp. It didn't provide any kind of protection at all, and she's currently immobilized in severe pain, needing medical treatment.