ALDI Ombra SPF50+

ALDI Ombra SPF50+

See the Best Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

1.8
  • Causes Irritation Yes (9) · No (7)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Nicky3
Nicky3Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this product

Love this sunscreen. Easy to apply, love the smell and protection is good. Never put it on my face though and always reapply regularly especially after swimming.
Can’t seem to find any this year.

Purchased at ALDI.

Smell
Inwood
InwoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Snake oil - burns - no protection from the sun

Not effective at all. 2 hours in the sun surfing. I am sunburnt every where I put the sunscreen and not burnt where I missed. I have been surfing (Australia) for some 30 years and this is the worst sunburn I have ever had. I would have been safer with no sunscreen even if I had been in the sun for the whole day. My eyes are stinging long after use. This is not sunscreen.

Purchased in December 2021 at ALDI.

Smell
jane
janeBrisbane

Wonderful product.

This is an economical effective sunscreen for the whole family. I use it as a day cream for my face and as protection for my hands when I am in the garden. I am a 60 year old woman and have used many products in my life. This is a lovely texture and doesn't leave a sticky after feel. I have had no skin irritation from using this beautiful product. Well done once again Aldi!

Purchased in July 2021 at ALDI for $5.

Adam M.
Adam M.

Burnt after only 1 hour in the sun

Applied on my neck and face, after one hour of being indoors went for a walk in the sun for about 45 minutes - 1 hour. Was burnt. Do not use this product. It does not work.

Purchased in November 2020 at ALDI.

Causes Irritation No
Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra SPF50+ compares to other Sunscreen & Sun Protection Products

PlantMum
PlantMumSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sensitive SPF50 - used once and ended up in Hospital ED

Product was the Ombra Sensitive SPF 50+ Tube (teal colour) purchased Jan 2021.

Applied to my face, ears and neck prior to going outside. It's a 28° day and my entire face started sweating and the product ended up dripping into one eye.

Constant burning, running tears and swollen eye socket and cheek for 10hr straight, despite flushing with saline.

HealthDirect hotline advised me to goto ED as I could barely open my eye, sensitive to light and couldn't drive.

5hrs in Emergency waiting for an Eye Specialist. Photo taken at that time (14hr after applying the sunscreen).

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI for $2.99.

Do not use

This is unsafe for use in Australia! Applied as instructed and burnt to a crisp.
Almost feel as if no sunscreen would have been a better option.
Aldi should not be selling this product.

Purchased in January 2021 at ALDI.

Alli A.
Alli A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware! Acute allergic reaction & burns

Worst sunscreen ever. Still suffering days later. Used at a friends place before the beach and that night my eyes started swelling. The next morning my face swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't open my eyes at all. I’m still taking antihistamines, using eye drops and applying dermacream. Am on holiday and wasn’t able to leave the hotel for over 24 hours as my face was so swollen and sore. 3 days later and my face is still burning, itchy and swollen. Never again!!!
Update: day 4 and still raw, red and sore. Now breaking out in small blisters. Face still slightly swollen. Can’t believe how much damage and reaction from one application!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Kai H.
Kai H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does not work.

Used as recommended, I was outside for 2 hours and i am the most burnt I have ever been before. It’s like it attracts the sun rather then protecting from...

Purchased in December 2020.

John P
John PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely not for normal use

I am a daily user of Ombra Sport sunscreen - very effective and a good price- although after long term use, I was seeing some minor skin irritation along the sweat line. I decided to try the Aldi Ombra Sensitive sunscreen for my next purchase. As soon as I put on the sunscreen on my arms and legs, I felt burning of the skin. Because I was out in the sun, I needed to do a second application a few hours later and the same effect occurred. This product is labelled as "Sensitive". No long term rash, just that your skin feels on fire for 10 mins. As to the product itself, it is awful to put on - difficult to rub in- the Ombra Sport is much better to apply. I don't recommend this product for anyone, let alone someone with sensitive skin.

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI.

Tom H.
Tom H.

This is the best sunscrean I've ever used

I have been using this sunscreen for a year now and it works better than any others I've used. I haven't been able to find it anywhere and have resorted to Bananaboat which actually didn't work in the slightest. Please bring this back asap

Purchased in June 2019.

kate
kate

Burnt to absolute crisp despite applying multiple times!

My family and I are roasted like burnt tomatoes after using this POS product.

Applied an hour before going outside and then applied a second time 40 minutes later (20 minutes before sun). Then twice more over four hours as instructed. Was very generous with application, but came out red raw and severely sun burnt! This does not work and is beyond dangerous! It's a disgrace.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $10.

Yvonne
YvonneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please take this off the shelf !!

Wish I did research before purchase, but do yourself a favor - AVOID OMBRA SENSITIVE SCREEN! It burns like acid, probably better to go bare face than putting this on, it causes red dry itchy skin. Aldi needs to take this off the shelf and stop harming Innocent people.

Purchased in May 2020.

KimmyR
KimmyRBallarat

changed ingredients

I have been using Ombra daily defence light feel for about 3 years now. Recently I bought two new tubes as I had not seen it for a while. I opened one this week and put it on - It immediately felt like it was burning my skin just in between my mouth and nose. Washed that part off and continued with my day. The next day I put it on again avoiding that section, and I went for a walk with my son, came home and my face and neck were red raw like I'd gotten sunburnt.
Found an older tube, and checked the ingredients - please explain WHY you would put camphor into a sunscreen? This is clearly what makes it burn. I'll be asking for my money back.

Purchased in January 2020.

kylielam2005
kylielam2005Sydney, NSW

Burnt to a crisp!

I lathered alot of this sunscreen on my face. Last week I wore no-one & got a little red. Today I am badly burnt after using this. After seeing all these reviews I think it's time they were sued.disgusting !

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Phoebe
PhoebeSydney, NSW

Do not use this product

I used this on my face and three days later my face is still red, itchy, burning, and swollen. I could hardly open my eyes on the first two mornings. It now feels like I have acid on my face. This is even after taking antihistamines and a steroid tablet prescribed by my doctor each day. I have used many different brands of sunscreen in my life and have never experienced a reaction before let alone one this severe.

Causes Irritation Yes