ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen

ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen

1.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (6) · No (1)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
kay

kay

Burnt to absolute crisp despite applying multiple times!

My family and I are roasted like burnt tomatoes after using this POS product.

Applied an hour before going outside and then applied a second time 40 minutes later (20 minutes before sun). Then twice more over four hours as instructed. Was very generous with application, but came out red raw and severely sun burnt! This does not work and is beyond dangerous! It's a disgrace.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for A$10.00.

Yvonne

YvonneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please take this off the shelf !!

Wish I did research before purchase, but do yourself a favor - AVOID OMBRA SENSITIVE SCREEN! It burns like acid, probably better to go bare face than putting this on, it causes red dry itchy skin. Aldi needs to take this off the shelf and stop harming Innocent people.

Purchased in May 2020.

KimmyR

KimmyRBallarat

changed ingredients

I have been using Ombra daily defence light feel for about 3 years now. Recently I bought two new tubes as I had not seen it for a while. I opened one this week and put it on - It immediately felt like it was burning my skin just in between my mouth and nose. Washed that part off and continued with my day. The next day I put it on again avoiding that section, and I went for a walk with my son, came home and my face and neck were red raw like I'd gotten sunburnt.
Found an older tube, and checked the ingredients - please explain WHY you would put camphor into a sunscreen? This is clearly what makes it burn. I'll be asking for my money back.

Purchased in January 2020.

Sun Protection & Care Products

Find out how ALDI Ombra 50 SPF Sunscreen compares to other Sun Protection & Care Products

kylielam2005

kylielam2005Sydney, NSW

Burnt to a crisp!

I lathered alot of this sunscreen on my face. Last week I wore no-one & got a little red. Today I am badly burnt after using this. After seeing all these reviews I think it's time they were sued.disgusting !

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI.

Phoebe

PhoebeSydney, NSW

Do not use this product

I used this on my face and three days later my face is still red, itchy, burning, and swollen. I could hardly open my eyes on the first two mornings. It now feels like I have acid on my face. This is even after taking antihistamines and a steroid tablet prescribed by my doctor each day. I have used many different brands of sunscreen in my life and have never experienced a reaction before let alone one this severe.

joy

joyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great stuff!

We've used this sunscreen for years the whole family prob 16 of us and never had a problem and have been fully protected from the sun just run out again and will be buying this product again..

Purchased in December 2018 for A$10.00.

Causes IrritationNo
tateayl

tateaylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Acid Sunscreen - my story was posted on Channel 7 News

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI.

Robert R.

Robert R.South East Queensland, QLD

Believe the 1 Star reviews!

Wish I'd look here before using this product!
3 hours in the sun, applied it twice and burnt to a crisp! So stingy, it does feel like acid has been poured on me! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Throw it out!

Purchased at ALDI.

Jerardine Luxhoj

Jerardine LuxhojBrisbane

Best suncreen ever but

I really love the Ombra spf 50t coconut spray lotion.The product is fantastic it goes on smoooth smells great protects your skin.I would rate it 5 stars if the spray container worked.It goes everywhere but the skin.Then you have to take the lid of to apply it.I first tried it from a friend straight away she said youll have to take the lid off to use it., so wow thats a bad fault that could easily be fixed make it a roll on su screen.Im putting mine in an old deodorant container.

Dawn

Dawn

Felt like acid on my face

Used this once and would never use it or recommend ever. Face felt like i had acid on it. My face was red and burned for hours after. Very very itchy.

Dreadful and criminal

The Ombra 50+ spray is horrendous. I reapplied twice and was in the sun for a few hours at most (I am very pale) and I got absolutely roasted. It’s criminal to sell this product with the intensity of the Australian sun!!

Irish in Oz

Irish in OzBrisbane

Scalded with this despite heaviest application and reapplication

Scalded with this for the second time..first time I thought I didn’t use enough and blamed lack of reapplying
Covered myself and partner head to toe in this today, extra thick layer, went to beach for 2-3 hours and came back burnt +++ despite reapplying.
Very stingy on the eyes too when you go in the sea.
The only nice thing is that it dries in and doesn’t look greasy..but the pro is completely outweighed by the fact that it doesn’t do it’s job at protecting against the sun..it’s almost like it, as others suggest, acts like an oil and encourages burning! Had bought 2 tins of this and had to dump to prevent future burns

A magnifying glass would have better SPF protection than this crap.

I bought a bottle of this for a friend. She's very pale, very Redhead. It should have worked for her. She applied it regularly, heavily, and still burnt to a crisp. It didn't provide any kind of protection at all, and she's currently immobilized in severe pain, needing medical treatment.

Horrendous

I applied this product to myself, my partner and my children and we all ended up with severe sunburn. I reapplied it several times during the course of our time at the beach. This product should be removed from the shelves. I have quite olive skin and have never been burnt yet using this product was basically like oiling a roast pork for crackling. My children can’t sleep, they have severe blisters, swelling and are in constant pain. I am totally disgusted that this can pass as being 50plys sunscreen, it should be more appropriately named basting oil.

Great. I recommend it.

I’ve been using this sunscreen for the past several months. It feels good on your skin and I haven’t burnt after spending up to three hours swimming sea water. I recommend it. I recently switched to the fragrance free variety and it’s great as I hate the smell of sunscreen.

Shelli

ShelliSydney, NSW

OMG NEVER EVER USE !!!!!!

I rarely ever wear sunscreen as I do not burn but I did this one day and I burnt severely ! My eldest daughter and I were the only ones who wore it and we were the only ones who burnt to a crisp ! I never burn with no sunscreen and after wearing this for 2 hours I was bright red and peeled badly to the point I couldn't even swim it was so sore ! This sunscreen should be illegal!!!

Do not use!

We applied and reapplied this sunscreen and still got burnt. Will he throwing this out. Unacceptable with the intensity of the sun here.

TLW

TLWMelbourne

Great if you want severe sunburn!

Applied to myself and my family before going into the sun, reapplied and we are all severely sunburnt now. I will never purchase again and do not recommend that anyone uses this.

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Fantastic, not greasy feels good and works

Fantastic, not greasy, feels good and works. Easy to apply and doesn’t smell like chemicals. Plus I don’t end up with acne breaking out so my skin must like it.

Kids got badly sunburnt

I know how to use sunscreen as I have had a few skin cancers removed. This product is no good. Kids got badly sun burnt. I put it on my kids and reapplied the sunscreen.