Onga Pool Shark

• Pool Size
Brent Matthew

Brent MatthewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking

This pool cleaner was fine for about three months then it started falling apart .The bumper keep falling off
.After a year the bumper got little splits on the top of it and the cleaner would not sink properly .Then after 15 months it would not spin and would get stuck in all areas of the pool all the time .Rang Pentair and they said only one year warrant for parts ,make sure you read the fine print . They were not helpful at all , very bad service ,this machine is rubbish and after 17 months old i now have to buy a new one .Shame on you Pentair .

Purchased in September 2018 for A$299.00.

Wall climbing

I have this one for about 8 years now. Mine does climb walls. It all depends on the settings. But it does climb. The things I have to replace on it have been the handle and the bottom pieces. I get them on inyopool.com or any place I find them cheaper.

Purchased in January 2009 for A$42,000.00.

Lollies

LolliesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn’t climb walls

This little machine does a great job of cleaning the bottom of our pool, where most of the sand and dirt is, but it does not go up the walls or on the stairs. It will try to go up the wall but will give up at about 10cm up.

Purchased in December 2019 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$280.00.

Pool Size Small

Tunastuff

TunastuffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stuck Pool Shark, Easy fix

It always stops for no reason. Found the pivoting flange stuck on one side. Closer look revealed,it was sticking on black rubber-Design fault. Pull apart outside housing and insert a spacer btw black rubber and edge, this stops the flange from sticking. Job done. Also I use 100mile tape to keep plastic from rotting.

Purchased in May 2014 at Ormeau for A$300.00.

Brad OsborneHunter Region, NSW

Rubbish

Don't buy this crap, on to my third bumper rubbers, they last barely 12 months, spend a bit more for something better, $57 a time, would bin it but selling property

Purchased in June 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for A$300.00.

Incircles

IncirclesPerth

Slow coach ~ Stuck In One Spot - Defective piece of rubbish!

Purchased an in-ground fiberglass pool and was recommend Onga. The leader hose ripped on day 5. Tapped up and waited for the replacement. During this time it went from average speed to slow coach. Thought this was due to the DIY repair. A replacement arrived we connected it back together again, but its still moving at a snails pace.

Facts:
-Lines,basket, filter clear,
-full pressure,
-Hoses pulling water in (until connected to shark)
-Shark clear of debris

Therefore the root cause appears to be a defective slow moving piece of plastic rubbish!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

neatgadgets

Served well but eventually became too expensive to fix

I bought this one back in 2009 and has been going well. Every 3 years or so I had to replace the rubber components which wasn't too bad. However now it seems to be stuck in one spot and really needs to be totally replaced. So I am considering something else. But it did serve it's time well.

Date PurchasedJul 2009

13 Years and still going

Purchased the Shark pool cleaner when i bought the house 13 years ago and its still cleaning, it is a bit worse for wear now but then again it has been in the pool for all that time but hasn't needed any repairs. It cleans quickly, and has made maintaining the pool very easy.

Date PurchasedJan 2004
Chris

ChrisGold Coast

The Pentair Sand Shark gets the job done

Date PurchasedJan 2014

I call it stupid

Is there a swivel connection available for this cleaner? Maybe that would solve the problem.
It's easier for me to manually clean the pool than twist the hoses every 3 mins because the shark is stuck.
Think I'll buy a second hand zodiac instead.
I don't like to knock someone's invention but no choice with this item.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dean

DeanGold Coast

Great pool cleaner.

I've had the same "Shark" for almost 10 years. We had a pool person repair it once. The pool surface is always clean. It's great in areas that have lots of leaves as the large suction inlet does not get plugged. When this one dies I will most definitely be getting another.

Date PurchasedSep 2006

Unbelievable!

James C

James C

Useless

Pool Shark was provided with the inground pool in December 2015. From day one it tended to only clean one end of the pool, now it just goes until it hits the wall then stops. Tried all flow setting nothing helps. My pool is rectangular and this cleaner has never been able to get out of a corner. I have spent the past 3 months of a hot summer hand cleaning the pool as often as I can. I will be requesting a refund from the pool builder, they can then take it up with Onga.

Jethro.

Jethro.Perth

Pool Ornament

DAVID JOHN

DAVID JOHN

Onga pool shark

Selected this auto pool cleaner as it was suggested that most builders place these into new houses with pools being less hassle free than most of the cleaners in its class level.
What a disappointment it just keeps twisting itself up and very rarely cleans our small 25,000lt fiberglass in ground pool i guess it's what you pay for is what you get easier and much quicker to do with the manual alloy handle floor cleaner so don't waste your money on a crap box.

I did look at the self motorised very expensive cleaners but i guess they too have problems although impressed by them. I am not willing to spend the $700 upwards plus most require another pump chewing up more electricity adding more out of pocket.
Dave Armstrong

Also Stuck In One Spot

Had a Kreepy Krauly for 20 years but due to high cost of replacement parts thought I would try this. Have had for nearly a year and I am back to vacuuming manually. It goes to the deep end and stays there. The pool is dirty and unusable unless I do it and I am sick of it. False economy and I have learnt my lesson. Have spent hours and hours adjusting and readjusting. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

Marty1973

Marty1973South East Queensland, QLD

Good Cleaner

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Ken W

Ken WSunshine Coast

Always stuck

The spots it goes to are clean but it spends 99% of its time in one spot. i have done every imaginable thing to make it work, pump motors, different hoses different pressures, weights, turbine hose twister. Nothing has worked. Within ten minutes of starting it has found a spot to stop and thats where it stays. Sometimes a corner sometimes the side sometimes a step. Mechanically it has been serviced etc.. All to no avail. Its just my ego and the challenge to finally tame it, that stops me from shooting it.

Helen S

Helen S

No problems with it al all! Very efficient!

We had the Onga Great White for our first pool cleaner and it was great other than getting stuck in one spot occasionally. We replaced it with the Onga Pool shark and are equally happy. We have a lot of trees that drop leaves directly into the pool and it manages them very well. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

awfully disappointing!

This is our third Pool Shark and definitely our LAST! Always "hovers" in one spot, usually on a wall or the steps until you take pity on it and move it, and does not pick up any debris unless you manually guide it there! Totally hopeless and a waste of $! Have written to the manufacturers but no reply...