Onga Pool Shark

Onga Pool Shark

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tunastuff

TunastuffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stuck Pool Shark, Easy fix

It always stops for no reason. Found the pivoting flange stuck on one side. Closer look revealed,it was sticking on black rubber-Design fault. Pull apart outside housing and insert a spacer btw black rubber and edge, this stops the flange from sticking. Job done. Also I use 100mile tape to keep plastic from rotting.

Purchased in May 2014 at Ormeau for $300.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Brad OsborneHunter Region, NSW

Rubbish

Don't buy this crap, on to my third bumper rubbers, they last barely 12 months, spend a bit more for something better, $57 a time, would bin it but selling property

Purchased in June 2017 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $300.00.

Pool Size Average
Incircles

IncirclesPerth

Slow coach ~ Stuck In One Spot - Defective piece of rubbish!

Purchased an in-ground fiberglass pool and was recommend Onga. The leader hose ripped on day 5. Tapped up and waited for the replacement. During this time it went from average speed to slow coach. Thought this was due to the DIY repair. A replacement arrived we connected it back together again, but its still moving at a snails pace.

Facts:
-Lines,basket, filter clear,
-full pressure,
-Hoses pulling water in (until connected to shark)
-Shark clear of debris

Therefore the root cause appears to be a defective slow moving piece of plastic rubbish!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

neatgadgets

Served well but eventually became too expensive to fix

I bought this one back in 2009 and has been going well. Every 3 years or so I had to replace the rubber components which wasn't too bad. However now it seems to be stuck in one spot and really needs to be totally replaced. So I am considering something else. But it did serve it's time well.

Date PurchasedJul 2009

13 Years and still going

Purchased the Shark pool cleaner when i bought the house 13 years ago and its still cleaning, it is a bit worse for wear now but then again it has been in the pool for all that time but hasn't needed any repairs. It cleans quickly, and has made maintaining the pool very easy.

Date PurchasedJan 2004

Chris

ChrisGold Coast

The Pentair Sand Shark gets the job done

Date PurchasedJan 2014

I call it stupid

Is there a swivel connection available for this cleaner? Maybe that would solve the problem.
It's easier for me to manually clean the pool than twist the hoses every 3 mins because the shark is stuck.
Think I'll buy a second hand zodiac instead.
I don't like to knock someone's invention but no choice with this item.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Dean

DeanGold Coast

Great pool cleaner.

I've had the same "Shark" for almost 10 years. We had a pool person repair it once. The pool surface is always clean. It's great in areas that have lots of leaves as the large suction inlet does not get plugged. When this one dies I will most definitely be getting another.

Date PurchasedSep 2006

Unbelievable!

James C

James C

Useless

Pool Shark was provided with the inground pool in December 2015. From day one it tended to only clean one end of the pool, now it just goes until it hits the wall then stops. Tried all flow setting nothing helps. My pool is rectangular and this cleaner has never been able to get out of a corner. I have spent the past 3 months of a hot summer hand cleaning the pool as often as I can. I will be requesting a refund from the pool builder, they can then take it up with Onga.

Jethro.

Jethro.Perth

Pool Ornament

DAVID JOHN

DAVID JOHN

Onga pool shark

Selected this auto pool cleaner as it was suggested that most builders place these into new houses with pools being less hassle free than most of the cleaners in its class level.
What a disappointment it just keeps twisting itself up and very rarely cleans our small 25,000lt fiberglass in ground pool i guess it's what you pay for is what you get easier and much quicker to do with the manual alloy handle floor cleaner so don't waste your money on a crap box.

I did look at the self motorised very expensive cleaners but i guess they too have problems although impressed by them. I am not willing to spend the $700 upwards plus most require another pump chewing up more electricity adding more out of pocket.
Dave Armstrong

Also Stuck In One Spot

Had a Kreepy Krauly for 20 years but due to high cost of replacement parts thought I would try this. Have had for nearly a year and I am back to vacuuming manually. It goes to the deep end and stays there. The pool is dirty and unusable unless I do it and I am sick of it. False economy and I have learnt my lesson. Have spent hours and hours adjusting and readjusting. Terrible, terrible, terrible!

Marty1973

Marty1973Brisbane

Good Cleaner

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Ken W

Ken WSunshine Coast

Always stuck

The spots it goes to are clean but it spends 99% of its time in one spot. i have done every imaginable thing to make it work, pump motors, different hoses different pressures, weights, turbine hose twister. Nothing has worked. Within ten minutes of starting it has found a spot to stop and thats where it stays. Sometimes a corner sometimes the side sometimes a step. Mechanically it has been serviced etc.. All to no avail. Its just my ego and the challenge to finally tame it, that stops me from shooting it.

Helen S

Helen S

No problems with it al all! Very efficient!

We had the Onga Great White for our first pool cleaner and it was great other than getting stuck in one spot occasionally. We replaced it with the Onga Pool shark and are equally happy. We have a lot of trees that drop leaves directly into the pool and it manages them very well. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

awfully disappointing!

This is our third Pool Shark and definitely our LAST! Always "hovers" in one spot, usually on a wall or the steps until you take pity on it and move it, and does not pick up any debris unless you manually guide it there! Totally hopeless and a waste of $! Have written to the manufacturers but no reply...

Hayley

Hayley

Dreadful

Supposedly "set and forget" but I spend all my time moving it around the pool as it is unable to move itself. We have cleaned the filter and run it on high but still it moves as fast as a snail. It appears to avoid all leaves and gets stuck sitting there vibrating until you release it. It came as part of a pool package when I was a novice. Currently we are hand vacuuming until we buy a better model. Don't be fooled into getting one.

Best Pool Cleaner Ever

Mine has lasted 7 years. Buying another because it has been faultless in that time. Fully adjustable, can make it climb walls a little or a lot. My pool has a very high leaf problem but the pool shark is completely random in its motion - love it. 7 years ago I tried all the big brands in my pool (peanut shape), non we're random, they just did figure 8's and left the rest. You will not find a better cleaner for even 5 times higher price.
It will randomly reverse and change direction - awesome - cleans every inch of the pool.
Nothing - best ever.

oogie1a
oogie1a

we have had ours 6 years and love it been in the pool 24/7/365 but it now needs replacing..... cant ask for much more, they are only a few hundred bucks. We have a small pool only 20,000ltrs not sure why Ian4328 ones havent worked.

Selling it

Second pool shark i have had and will be the last, only had them as they were given to us when we have had new pools installed. When you get it to work it only goes in a straight line and i have never seen one go up the side of a pool.