Onthehouse.com.au

See the Best Real Estate Agents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tracy

TracySouth East Queensland, QLD

Accuracy

My house and my neighbours house went for sale at the same time
I didnt have agent and they did ... my house immediately went down $10,000 and theirs went up $100,000 in a week!!! No recent sales
Im reporting them for allowing agents to change estimates based on self gain on property competition next door
Funny thing....I got what I want exactly when I sold
They still have not sold!!!

ColourSyn

ColourSynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inaccurate information

i Have contacted On The House twice now over the last couple of years about incorrect data on the property I own that they have put up on their site.
It seems despite my advice they have put up data that is completely made up and false.

So based on this I would seriously doubt the accuracy of any of the property data on their site

Andrew
Wynnum Qld

wakeuptish

wakeuptishGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How can every house around me be worth over $1 million, but mine is only worth $760k...

Please review your computer generated misleading valuations and make absolute necessary adjustments accordingly. This is underquoting and will lead to embarrassment for buyers expecting a home for a lot less.

Ari HersonSydney

Onthehouse.com.au

The website used a picture of a house that has been demolished and listed a price guide accordingly. After several phone calls and many promises to update the information they replaced the photo of the old house but left the valuation. They claimed the issue was Google but again after a number of calls they promised to rectify the information . This has been going on for 6 weeks without results. I’ve given up with their constant lies, poor information and totally inaccurate valuations. You can’t rely on anything this Company advertises or promises.

Ari Herson

Taelar I’ve wasted so much time with so many of your Company representatives and you’ve already ruined my auction campaign. It’s disgraceful that you can advertise having the most up to date information and yet be so wrong.

Inaccurate Data

Property value much less than independent and bank valuations. Am not sure where core logic is getting data from. Definitely don’t use this as any price guide when purchasing. Think a reputable agent has much more idea of market value.

Sue Moss

Sue MossFar North Queensland, QLD

Crazy and so incorrect, not just my home but previous family homes. It's beyond crazy really.

I am still looking for the 4th bedroom, (which isn't existing by sight), now wondering if there is an underground room no one knows about. Then telling me my house is older than in reality. Really need to check facts!!

false and misleading

neighbours house sold less than a year ago for $1.1million. on the house said value then was $1.2million. core logic data clearly says values have gone up in area 11%. On the house now says property is valued at $865k... go figure!
how misleading can you get.

Nathan

NathanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic site to annoy deluded and greedy vendors.

Who.W

Who.WPerth, WA

Misleading & deceptive conduct

This website is very misleading, very unprofessional, very difficult to deal with.
Without available to the public details about the property, they provide users with utterly false information without any approval from the owners. They refuse to remove false details when asked by the owners of the property. They don't even apologise for the frustration they cause to the owners. I can see, that I am not the only one, dissatisfied with this website. The world would be much better place if the websites like this one, were run by reliable and trustworthy people, and most of all better trained to run the business.

Neil

Neil

Unbelievable - Baseless changes in prices

This week auctions have been more successful and reserves beaten in my area. So what has on the house done overnight? It has dropped the estimated value of houses in my area by 10% to 15%.

Unbelievable - in every sense.

October 3rd 2019 Update: Getting worse

While the market has improved, on the house has not moved valuations on the suburbs I keep an eye on through on the house. Yet when the market was doing it tough, on the house dropped valuations by 15% overnight in the same area. This cannot even vaguely reflect reality.

Christopher Heighway

Christopher HeighwayRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very inaccurate and manipulated

Prior to being contacted by on the house team, they listed value of my property around 700k after i explained we spent over 200k with extensions etc, they said it would be higher in value. But when i decided not to sell at this time, the value posted was posted at the same price i paid 8 years ago. A recent official valuation came in at 950k plus. On the house 400k out. I tried to contact them but they didn't reply. I had planned to use them but wont now.

Tracy M

Tracy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Totally incorrect

Don't trust them

House valued $1.89M last month. This month down to $1.1M. Our friends place a few streets away is now worth less then what they paid for 7 years ago. Cant trust them

Landfill only

Landfill onlyNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Wrong

This site is very damaging. They don't realise they are dealing with people's financial future. Details are incorrect. Nothing if right. If people look at this site and match to a property the estimate that On the house gives is so misleading, so low and all of the details are incorrect.

Linda S

Linda SBrisbane

Complete rubbish... should complain to ACCC

Zero stars. Incorrect "data", ridiculous estimates of value, lists comparable sales that are not comparable. Now the site is listing my house as for sale (which it is not), with an agent who does not even do house sales! Multiple emails asking for this to be removed... either no response, or assurances that they have fixed it when they have not. Currently talking to Fair Trade about them...should make a complaint to the ACCC

More damaging than useful !

Donna G

Donna GSouth East Queensland, QLD

What right do you have to display my home on your site, complete with photos we paid for?

Most inaccurate reflection of a seller's home. No consent sought to display photos we purchased of our home. This is a real invasion of privacy and does not even reflect our banks evaluation of the property, which is a conservative estimate. Onthehouse.com.au does not appear to be accountable in anyway for their inaccurate estimates, nor for invading a family's privacy. Despicable you!

Roger S.

Roger S.Sydney, NSW

Totally inaccurate and misleading.

Call an agent to give you an estimate as this company is not worth the time it takes to click onto a link. They are totally inaccurate and misleading to buyers and sellers. They should be removed from the internet for this.

Absolutely terrible

Inaccurate data and very unfair to sellers. You are ruining our livelihoods with yr disgraceful low valuations. This should be illegal as you are giving buyers false information and preventing reasonable offers.

Automated sewage

GGU

GGUasked

why all the customer reviewing are so bad. your agent should closing now cause you are misleading many other customers. ACCC should involved this .

JMG
JMG

I fully agree ! Onthehouse should not be allowed to disseminate misleading information and sell it as 'accurate'. They even do not rectify when they are alerted nor do they provide a satisfying response. Even their response seems to be 'written' by an algorithm. I am not sure of what the legal implications of their practices are.

MainC
MainC

The reviews are bad because this people are unprofessional, with zero knewlege and zero respect to the property owners. They don't know anything about the properties, they copy some details from the legit realestate companies and do the guess work for the information they can't obtain. They do whatever they like. You can ask them several times to delete false and misleading information about your property, but they will ignore you completely. This website should be removed from the web completely. It takes time for the property owners to go through the legal process, that's why most people just ignore this website. You can't trust them at all. They will ruin your property value. Some action must be taken to stop this website from misleading the public.

Adam

Adamasked

Hi the house on the profile has been replaced by a new home so when is it going to get updated?

George

Georgeasked

Has anyone managed to get their property completely off this site?

BaK
BaK

We tried. Technically they could argue they obliged our request to remove the house from their website because they took photo of the house off the site. They now show only the block with a description of 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and dbl garage-on an "empty" block!. The price quoted (<$320K) was the original price asked for the block only by the agents selling it in 2006. The fact that their initial description of the house (in spite of the street photo they used - probably from Google Earth) was so out of whack does not inspire any confidence in their "estimates". The potential collateral damage for sellers and purchasers is that poorly informed estimates generate certain unrealistic expectations for both. Our experience does not appear to be isolated; perhaps the industry should be regulated to ensure transparency and accountability. In that context, it is appropriate that we declare that neither I nor my partner is in the industry and that we have no links with the industry other than thru normal purchasing/selling as individuals.

Dean
Dean

Not yet. They will supress the estimated value if you request that via email but the sales history will still show the prices that the property has sold for and the photos remain. A similar company told me they will remove the sold price if I can get Landata (a Vic goverment business that sells the information to these companies) to supress the sale price. I rang Landata today, didn't get any empathy and was told I had to email my request to Landata.enquiries@delwp.vic.gov.au Will see if that works!

Get an answer from our members and Onthehouse.com.au representatives

CategoryReal Estate Agents