2Oral-B Genius AI

3.5

Stella T
Stella T

Poor quality

I bought the duo pack in Feb 2021. After 9 months, the black one was not turning on. As it was in Warranty I sent it back for repair. The repair service was good. However, it stopped working again after couple months, exactly the same issue. Same for my another white one.

From Feb 2021 to now, I had to send both of them for service center every several months for repair. Now the black one is not turning on again, as it is out of warranty, the service center didn’t reply my email. Most likely they won’t be repairing for free anymore.

Very poor quality Show details

Bob L
Bob LSYDNEY11 posts

STOPPED WORKING

Purchase Oral B Genius AI. After 3 weeks, stopped working. Returned to Chemist Warehouse, they checked it out and - not working. They would not exchange for a new one. They suggested I return it to Braun, and have it assessed. Could take months. Not good enough! Show details
Minal
MinalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

50% chance of working

Got 2 units at the time of purchase. One works for now. Other one died.
Worked ok while it lasted.
Stoped working all of a sudden. Battery indicates its charged and the motor dies in 2 seconds and when contacted customer service they said it seems like the battery.
Since its almost 3 years you would be better off buying a new unit as they cant offer warranty.
Since this was the best of the range Oral B sold at the time of purchase would have expected these devices to last.
Reading through reviews seems like its a common issue. Show details
CCJC
CCJC2 posts

Terrible longevity and customer service

We purchased 4 units for the family, 2 units don't hold charge and 1 unit doesn't work at all. Very disappointing for such expensive products and customer service response even more disappointing - pay to have them repaired. Would never purchase Oral B again. Show details
Oral-B   DM

Hi there, We're sorry to hear this. The best thing to do is to contact our consumer hotline on 1800 641 820 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm) to discuss this further and advise you on what steps to take. In the meantime, please hold onto your toothbrush.

StanB
StanBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Very poor battery life lasted 11 months for each toothbrush handset

I have been using another brand successfully for 6 years and this time I thought I would get what dentists promote.

AN ORAL-B GENIUS A1 DUAL HANDSET ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH SET.
I have been very very disappointed with the unit altogether and very expensive at the time.
The worse part is that each Toothbrush unit in the dual set lasted for 11 months and I could not get the two year warranty because I did not have all components originally supplied.
The first handset stopped a 13 moths ago and I thought it was just a dud one so I did not keep it.
The second unit has now also lasted for only 11 months and is dead AND will not charge.
SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY AND NO WARRANTY Show details

Chase
ChaseSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Worked great for a while

Have had the toothbrush for 2 years and a few months, honestly worked great for the whole time.
However, After charging the toothbrush yesterday I came to find it would only stay on for a few seconds at a time despite being on full charge. Seems like the motor has had it.. and it’s only just out of warranty..
Bought a more expensive brush hoping it would last but I guess that’s just wishful thinking.
Hopefully I can find an actual good quality electric toothbrush this time round..

Wouldn’t buy again. Show details

Oral-B   DM

Hi Chase, We're sorry to hear this. The best thing to do is to contact our consumer hotline on 1800 641 820 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm) to discuss this further and advise you on what steps to take. In the meantime, please hold onto your toothbrush.

Not happy Oral b
Not happy Oral bSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great toothbrush until it wasn’t

I got this toothbrush a little over two years ago and absolutely loved how quickly easily I could get a thorough clean on my teeth. I loved the app and how it showed how clean my teeth were getting.
About two weeks ago I noticed the battery slowing down the motor but the toothbrush still said it had half charge. I put it on charge overnight but it didn’t improve only managed to get the toothbrush to run for another minute and then it stopped for good. I am not able to recharge it and have had no luck in trying to contact oral b to discuss. I should just say goodbye to my $500 toothbrush, what a waste of money for it to stop working after only two years. Show details
Oral-B   DM

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that this has happened. The best thing to do is to contact our customer care line on 1800 614 820 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm). They will be able to advise you on next steps in this instance. Thanks, Oral-B

BebeS
BebeSSouth East Queensland, QLD68 posts
Aaron C.
Aaron C.Sydney, NSW3 posts

Rob P.
Rob P.South Australia

The sensor is not working at all

My oralb brush is thinking that I am stupid enough to brush one side of teeth for 3 minutes. Happening many time. Not satisfied at all. If the AI going to be like this then not in next 100 years we will see anything running by AI Show details
Fipsy