MPN: DTX4200X
Listing monitored by Oricom

Darren
DarrenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thank you Oricom, Great customer support

I had the unfortunate experience of a large duck hitting my Oricom antenna just above the spring and the antenna snapped off. This was not an issue with the quality of the antenna but just an unfortunate incident, I called Oricom as I need a new one and told them what had happened, they have offered to supply a new antenna even though it was not really covered under warranty. Fantastic customer service and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough. I haven’t received the antenna yet but I am sure it’s in the mail and can’t wait to refit.

Purchased in September 2021.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom.

Greg W.
Greg W.South West, WA

Quality equipment - great value Touring Combo

Very easy to install and very clear reception. Volume is clear and loud and the larger display is great for safer operation whilst driving. A very solid high quality aerial sets off the whole package - very pleased so far. An extra 500mm of power cable length would be handy for the installation when connecting to the battery terminal.

Purchased in July 2021 at Oricom Online for $549.00.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Touring combo is a great set up.

Love duel recieve. I have the 3db antenna mounted on the rear tub and can still get under carport. If I'm touring it's simple to add on the 6db whip.

Purchased in July 2021 at Oricon for $470.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Mick, thanks so much for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product! All the best, Oricom.

Excellent product so far

Great product easy to setup and install love the dual channel mode and is great hide away unit with everything on hand piece , great package which included Ariel as well

Purchased in June 2021 for $499.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and for providing the feedback. We appreciate the support and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Clear and Loud

Nice unit.. Speaker is very clear and loud. Only concern is the the main unit . It is bit bigger and bit hard to hide behind the dash. Otherwise overoll performance is very good. i am very happy.

Purchased in June 2021 for $466.65.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We really appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to our Product Team. All the best, Oricom.

J. Zimdahl
J. ZimdahlGoldfields, WA

Upgrade I highly recommend

The DTX4200X has the larger handpiece over the rest of the range which I love! The unit also has a very vibrant multi-colour backlit display which my family consistently changes on our trips. I can not fault the unit, was a breeze to install and easy to operate.

Purchased at TJM Physical Store.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom

Jason M.Sydney, NSW

Good customer service re DTX4200X

Good item, brought direct from Oricom, had some small issues with install but head office help fixed the problem. Thanks again for your help on install tips. Have faith in the brand to back there product.

Purchased in June 2021 for $600.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jason, as mentioned we will be in touch to discuss this experience with you and we do apologise for the experience with the Oricom brand to date. Oricom.

Jason M.

Got some good feedback from Oricom on the issue i had, it was sorted very quickly Have faith in the brand moving forward. Thanks guys

Ken R.Perth, WA

Great upgraded features

Had the previous Oricom model in my old car. When I changed cars I also upgraded to this unit. Wow, what a difference! Louder & clearer, well done! I definitely recommend Oricom

Purchased in May 2021 at TJM Physical Store for $499.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

david
davidPerth, WA

Best uhf packed with features I use

Been using uhf for over 20 year all different brands bough myself the oricom dtx4200x for the duel recieved feature wow I was amazed how easy it is to use and how clear the uhf is very impressed compared to the other brand I’ve used

Purchased in May 2021 for $599.00.

Awesome Radio!

Great radio, stellar build quality with great audio clarity. Very impressed with this radio and would highly recommend it if you want a great radio without the high price tag!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Peter J P.
Peter J P.South East Queensland, QLD

Great for anyone - especially if you have hearing loss issues

After many years in the RAAF I have pretty severe hearing loss, so I have problems understanding the audio from a 2-way but as we're travelling Australia a 2-way is pretty-much an essential. I just upgraded my DTX 4200 to the new Oricom DTX 4200X and I'm really happy with it. The handset is big and chunky and feels great in the hand and it has a high quality curlycord, but most importantly, the sound is crystal clear and the volume is much more than even I need. I used to have to get my wife to interpret what we were hearing but with a very clear audio and higher volume I can hear for myself now. Another 'thumbs-up' for Oricom, well done.

Purchased in June 2021.

Dayne W.
Dayne W.Goulburn Valley, VIC

Oricom DTX4200X

We've had the Oricom DTX4200X installed for a couple of months now and we are absolutely stoked with it. The quality of this UHF is great, when we first unwrapped it out of the packaging the first thing we noticed was the weight of the unit, it's very impressive, feels solid, super comfortable to hold and easy to use once you play around with the controls. We've got it down pat now, the sound is great, lighting on the screen is very clear, easy to read and there are so many great features included in this unit!

A huge congratulations to the Team at Oricom for designing a great bit of gear!

Purchased in February 2021.

Tech SupportOricom

Hi Dayne, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with others, it is very much appreciated. We will pass on your congratulations to our R&D team. Stay Safe on your travels. All the best Oricom

David K.
David K.South East Queensland, QLD

Oricom DTX4200X

A great product still learning how to use it as my first UHF only problem instructions for use are very complicated and brief for a new user, not used to all the different functions that are available.

Purchased in May 2021 at Oricom.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and feedback. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Lynton
LyntonPerth, WA

Unexpected gem

I recently got the new DTX4200X, and I'm really impressed with the build quality, and improvements. I often get told, out on the highway, I can be heard up to 60km away, and its clear as a bell. Plus I've had instances, where I've heard an on coming oversize convoy, 20mins before I see them. The only issue I had with the new model, was the size of the new hand piece, but I soon got use to that.
Well done Oricom, on a well put together unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Lynton, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Works well

Purchased in December 2020 at Oricom direct .

Serenityasked

Decided on The Oricom brand for my Ranger. What is the difference between the DTX4200 and DTX4200x also which antenna would suit my application as I have no bull or nudge bar on my Ranger but do have roof racks. Will be traveling (fingers crossed) from Melbourne heading West and returning via Alice Springs. Thanks.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the question. The difference between the DTX4200 and DTX4200X are that the DTX4200X has been built as the new and improved version of the existing model. Both are Dual Receive. The new DTX4200X is louder, larger in the hand and a much larger display screen. Regarding your antenna request, without a bull bar, we would suggest you look at the pack below which you could mount on the roofrack with the right bracket, or on a z mount bracket on the front/hood of your car. See links below:

Thanks, Oricom.

Serenity

Cheers guys, thanks heaps for the info.

Ken R.

Good choice Frank, I have the updated one and had the previous model in another vehicle. The X is so much clearer and louder especially when you are travelling at speed with all the road noises. The bigger display is a bonus too!!! Cheers, Ken

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios