Oricom Secure710 Digital

Great product, support and warranty the best in the business!!!

Our Oricom Secure710 has been a solid performer for the last 2 years - great range, great performance - cannot fault this unit. After 2 years the camera suddenly died last week. We were about to buy another when a friend mentioned that they have a 3 year warranty. We contacted customer support, who were incredibly helpful and efficient - they're sending us a replacement camera!!! So impressed, we will never buy or recommend another brand. Great work Oricom, if only more companies provided the service and stood behind their products like you do!! A++.

Purchased in September 2017 at eBay for $150.00.

Battery Life
Hi Nicholas, thanks for the review We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Poor range. Annoying alarms

Terrible range. We live in a 2 bed apartment and this constantly drops out. Can't switch the Out Of Range alarm off either so it will wake you all night.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and for this one, it sounds like an environmental factor is playing a role in the reduction in range. For this one, could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great customer service post purchase

The product started to fault after two years and was still under warranty contacted Oricom support and they were very helpful with replacing the product as it was still within warranty

Purchased in January 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Robert, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Can’t live without it!

We love our baby monitor and cannot live without it. It has such a clear picture and sound, I would highly recommend. The battery life is long lasting and it’s super easy to use!

Purchased in February 2019.

Battery Life
Hi Hannah, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Love love love

Love love love this monitor! So easy to use, battery life is amazing, I can go 2 whole days without charging it. The screen is super clear. Highly recommend this monitor, had mine for two years and still going strong! I have tried anotger brand before before purchasing the oricom and I had trouble with it a few times, spent the extra money and never looked back

Purchased in May 2017 at Baby Baby Online for $250.00.

Hi Zoe, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Excellent product & customer service!

Fantastic monitor, easy to use & set up. The after care service from Oricom was an absolute stand out, extremely helpful staff when I had a issue they were more than happy to help me. Will only ever use Oricom in the future.

Purchased in January 2017.

Battery Life
Hi Kylie, thanks for the feedback and we really appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with Oricom Support, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Peace of mind

I was given this monitor second hand from my sister. I couldn’t quite figure out how to connect my camera so I called through to the support team at Oricom who have been absolutely outstanding. There service has been second to none. In the end I have now been provided with a new monitor from the team and have peace of mind that my little one is safe while sleeping in another room.

Purchased in November 2016.

Battery Life
Hi Manda, thanks for the message and taking the time to leave a review and your feedback. We will make sure that this is passed onto Support. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would be 5/5 with better range!

We were given this monitor as a present, so I have been very reluctant to voice my frustration!
This is a fabulous unit - reliable, easy to set up, nice clear picture on the monitor, displays room temperature, can play music and you can talk to your baby through it etc. So, fabulous features.
The issue we have is that it just does not have enough range for our home. It does not reach from our bedroom to our sons bedroom. Which defeats the purpose of it at night time, nor does it reach from our living area to his bedroom, which is frustrating during the day. Our house is a decent size, but not massive by any means. I contacted Oricom about this issue to see if they sold a booster which they don't. The only suggestion they had was that our WiFi was interfering but when turned off it made no difference.
So my suggestion would be that if you have a small home or hardly any distance between the points you wish to use it, go for it. But if you have a larger home, I would not recommend this monitor.

Purchased in December 2017.

Battery Life
Hi Holly, thanks for the message. The listed range of the SC710 is up to 150m in optimum conditions when measured in line of sight. We would suggest that there is an environmental factor playing a role in the reduction in range, and would ask that you give us another call and we will endeavour to sort this with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Recommend this Baby Monitor

We purchased the Oricom Secure 710 baby monitor which is an excellent monitor that performs well in low light.
We had an issue with the microphone on the unit and found Oricom’s customer service fantastic with quick turnaround on the replacement unit. Have recommended to others.

Purchased in June 2016.

Battery Life
Hi Ben, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best monitor, I’m about to buy a 2nd for my 2nd bub!

Very happy with this monitor, I’m currently going to buy a 2nd for my bub due in Aug.
Picture and sound quality is brilliant
Very reliable and great peace of mind, I’ve actually dropped it a few times on tiles and it’s still going strong, hasn’t missed a beat!
Super easy to set up literally just have to either put batteries in it or have it sitting on the charger when in use or not in use, camera can be sat on a table/bookcase etc or wall mounted

Purchased in August 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We really appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Be aware of considering second camera

We used the SC710 monitor with our first child so purchased the second camera for our new baby. When two cameras are connected it is not possible to use the voice activated mode, and it only works in scan mode which involves constantly switching between the two cameras. Despite what Oricom's customer service told me to the contrary, this results in low level background noise constantly being submitted through the monitor - not ideal if you are trying to sleep. I would not have purchased the second camera if I had been aware of this and would not recommend to others.

Purchased in November 2018.

Hi Anna, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss this with you to see if we can provide a resolution. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best thing I ever bought for my baby

I did a lot of research before buying a monitor. And after settling on Oricom, I couldn't have chosen better! Battery life is great, coverage perfect for our needs. Picture quality is much better than I'd expected. Night picture is clear too! Love this monitor!

Purchased in January 2019 for $160.00.

Battery Life
Hi Kristy, thanks for the message. We appreciate your feedback and you letting others know of your experience with the Secure710. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Must have baby item

This monitor has been amazing. Easy to set up and use. Our baby went into his own room early on and this has been wonderful. You can set the sensitivity so it doesn’t wake you up with every sound your baby makes. The camera is clear. The speaker function and the music function is great and we have used it
Would recommend this to anyone who is expecting a baby

Purchased in May 2018 at Baby Bunting Online store.

Battery Life
Hi Angela, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Everything you need in a baby monitor

The Oricom Secure 710 was recommended to me by another Mum and I am extremely satisfied with it.

It is easy to use and has everything you need in a monitor: clear image including great night vision, adjustable volume, inbuilt microphone in the camera to talk to bub, thermometer so you can see the temperature of bub’s room (including an alert if it gets too hot), and polyphonic nursery rhymes to play to bubs to help them off to sleep. The monitor also alerts you when bubs moves or makes a sound.

I only have the one child but I believe it’s possible to buy a second camera to place in Bub #2’s room and use the one monitor to go between both rooms - a great draw card when you’re planning on having more children.

I purchased this during a Baby Bunting sale. It’s not the cheapest nor the most expensive model on the market, thus being accessible to most budgets and another reason why I highly recommend this.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $159.00.

Battery Life
Hi Michelle, thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care

Excellent setup!

We have a Oricom parent monitor and camera (2016) then we set it up with a second camera (2017). I love the set up. It is easy to use, has great video and sound and although we don't use the extra features such as music and night light I can see how handy they would be if you chose to use them. Had a few issues but these were fixed as soon as I contacted the support line. They are a fantastic team and customer service is A+! I wouldn't hesitate purchasing anything from this brand.

Purchased in May 2016 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future product use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Love it!

Extremely satisfied with the range. We take it outside with no problems. Image and audio are both great too. Very reliable and easy to set up. A must have for all parents!

Purchased in January 2018.

Battery Life
Hi Jess, thanks for the message. Thanks for taking the time to review the product and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Value for money and by far the best baby item I brought!

This baby monitor is beyond amazing! 2 kids 5 years and it’s still going strong! Has not missed a beat, well a beating from my babies maybe but it survived!

Purchased in July 2013 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Battery Life
Hi Tamara, thanks for the review. We appreciate the review and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

A must have item! Can't live without it.

We love our oricom sc710! It's so light and portable, we take it with us on all our holidays. The monitor was simple to set up and the instructions are easy to follow. You can easily adjust the noise sensitivity, which is great if the room gets road noise (or train noise like ours). The range is great and covers our entire block so I can hang out washing, take out the rubbish and check the mail while bub sleeps. It has several lullabys that you can play and a microphone so you can talk to baby. It also has a handy zoom feature which I've used often when bub was sick to watch the rise and fall of his chest for some reassurance. This monitor is so reliable and hardy it's one of the absolute must have items in our nursery. Never had a problem and I like that you can but an additional camera to use with a second child. So handy!!

Purchased in June 2017 at Bubs n Grubs for $160.00.

Battery Life
Hi Martiine, thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the SC710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best of the best! And I’ve tried many

Very satisfied high end product at great price it’s worht every cent for peace of mind to. My daughter started to seize at a young age I purchased and was finally able to have a good nights sleep! Your product are the best I have EVER used I have used around 7 different monitors with my Children this one is definitely the best!

Purchased in April 2018.

Battery Life
Hi Niki, thanks for the message. Thanks so much for the feedback and we wish you all the best with your future use! Oricom Baby Care.

Love this moniter

Would definitely buy this again great picture quality and the range was quite far. Always worked perfectly. Very happy and would recommend this product. Easy to set up and use.

Purchased in June 2016.

Battery Life
Hi Katie, thanks so much for the review. Glad to hear that you are loving the monitor and we wish you all the best with your future use! Oricom Baby Care.

Hi! Is it possible to hook up the 710 parent unit with my existing 703 camera? (the 703 parent unit died and now looking for a 2 camera system)
Hi Shelley, thanks for the message. Yes, the camera from the SC703 unit can connect to the SC710 parent unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Two parent monitors have frozen on us within a week. The on light is on but the monitor won’t turn on. We have tried unplugging the battery but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.
Just contact their Oricom Support, they're really good,Hi there, thanks for the message. Could you please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I am seeing reviews that the additional camera can only be used if constantly on ‘scan Mode’. Does this mean that every single sound will be picked up and heard through the parent monitor? At the moment with our one and only camera I have it on the setting so I only hear any noise if my child is making a loud noise, not soft sounds like a cough ect. I would like to keep this setting for both cameras when I get the additional one. Is this possible?
Hi Louise, thanks for the message. The VOX mode you are discussing does not operate the same in Scan mode when additional cameras are connected. The audio and video feed of the connected camera will play while that camera is the selected monitor in the feed. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

CategoryBaby Monitors