Oricom Secure710 Digital

Oricom Secure710 Digital

MPN: SC710

Baby Monitors Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of baby monitor would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.2

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality

Wish I knew the negatives of connecting camera 2

Technical SupportOricom

Really great product and customer support!

We’ve found this monitor fantastic. It’s a great little system for a good price Point compared to others on the market. The customer support is really brilliant and are always there to assist. Would definitely recommend!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Alex, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and glad to hear of your experience with Oricom Support. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Karen R

Karen RGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't bother adding a second camera. Useless.

Purchased at Baby Bunting.

Kim Nujvik

Kim NujvikSouth East Queensland, QLD

bought for an extra peace of mind

i love how this device helps me in keeping my baby at peace. Whenever my baby takes a nap, I can select some lullaby in the background while I'm away. The monitor is clear enough too.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Shane

ShaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

You will not want anymore from a monitor!

Great battery life, screen clear day/night viewing, with great audio, room temperature warning, vibrate and sound bar is great to know when things get real! We travel a lot and unit seems to be robust. The only improvement would be the range (for larger houses) and put a large clip on the camera as it can be difficult to find somewhere to perch while on the move and would give more versatility at home. I have used other brands, newer models, bigger screens but this really has it all with easy of use and long battery life!!! Customer care support help line is also first class.

Purchased in May 2017 at Baby Bunting for A$199.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Shane, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

mummap

mummapCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Simple peace of mind!

Such a comfort being able to quickly check on bubs to see whether they need tending to! I love the room temperature and ability to play lullabies remotely to soothe.

Purchased in February 2017 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$169.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Katemaree

KatemareeNorthern Region, NSW

Love love love it!

I absolutely love this monitor. You can set the sensitivity on it so that you can choose at what level it cuts in. Otherwise it is completely quiet and black which is perfect so you can sleep. A simple push of any button also kicks it into gear so you can see what’s happening. The picture is very clear and it tells you the room temp which is awesome.
We did have a fault with the unit not charging after 11 months, however, the company was so easy to work with and the replaced it under warranty which was a super quick and simple process. The customer service is just outstanding as is the aftercare. I would still highly recommend this monitor and always tell friends who fall pregnant that this is the monitor they need!

Purchased in April 2019 at Bubs n Grubs Online store.

Eccles M.

Eccles M.Perth, WA

Terrible

I purchased last week & it's absolutely terrible. Picture is fuzzy, not clear & has a constant "whooshing" sound on parent monitor which gets louder as you turn up the volume. So have to keep the volume on mute.
Very disappointed & waste of money.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting for A$169.00.

Technical SupportOricom

We have used for 2 years now and love the peace of mind having a monitor gives us!

We have been using this monitor for 2 years now and it has been great! We are now using it with the inbuilt music for our almost 2 year old and find it helps him to fall asleep. I didn’t realise until about 1 year in that there is an aerial that pops up for if you are at the other end of the house or go outside to help with the range. Great monitor for peace of mind!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Chloe, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Tom N

Tom NHunter Region, NSW

Does everything you need.

Purchased in October 2019 at eBay for A$161.99.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Tom, thanks for the review and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Reliable and closed circuit. We’ve even dropped it multiple times and it still works really well. Gives me peace of mind

The monitor is easy to set up and easy to use.
Able to adjust volume and sound to your liking.
Range can drop out of very far but in a reasonably sized house will reach

Purchased at Babybunting for A$200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to leave a review. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Terrible product and even worse customer service

Fairly happy to begin with. The volume levels are pretty loud but I’ll deal with that so is my child’s cry and sometimes the range doesn’t work in our normal 3 bedroom house but then the wire fell from the camera and would never go back in - the pin had come lose after less than 6 months of use and been moved once from unit to mounted on the wall.
Contact the company trying to claim warranty with a replacement but somehow the warranty doesn’t cover the power source which sounds ridiculous. They recommend buying a new unit which I will NOT be doing

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby & Toddler Town for A$480.00.

Battery Life

level 1 volume is wayyyyyy too loud!

Purchased in December 2019 at Kiddie Country for A$250.00.

Kelly L.
Kelly L.

I have already contacted you about the issue

Would recommend

Great monitor had it for close to 3 years. Got the second camera a few months ago. Works well. Only gripe I have is that you have to have the monitor on scan to have both monitors actively working. But I’ve gotten used to that and I think I’ll need a new battery soon. Range is good. Audio and mags quality is great and we’ve used it travelling a lot so very durable and versatile. Oricom have been great to deal with if we have contacted them also

Purchased in July 2017.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and review, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

JackieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not fit for purpose

Very unreliable monitor. Unfortunately Ive had issues from the start with out of range always alarming which was a real nuisance, however the monitor has started freezing when my baby has woken crying... at least when I know its out of range I can be extra careful in listening out. Both the supplier and Oricom have been extremely unhelpful. Steer clear of this manufacturer.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bubs n Grubs for A$180.00.

Jackie

I have been in contact via email and phone If you search through your emails you will find the correspondence.

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Good camera

Picture and sound are great, range isnt bad
Only negative- i didnt use it for a year between my babies and when I turned it on it would not pair with the camera! I tried everything, in the end we just co-slept

Purchased in September 2016 at Baby Bunting for A$600.00.

Blondie

BlondiePerth, WA

Don't waste your money

Drops out of range and makes a terrible beeping noise. When using more than 1 camera the light stays on flicking between cameras, waking you up as it is so bright.

Purchased in March 2016 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us Physical store for A$380.00.

Jam

JamSydney, NSW

I regret buying this monitor every single night

The baby's room is less than 5m from ours and the monitor goes out of range every single night, waking us up. Its hopeless. Don't buy it. If you have, ask for a refund.

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting for A$499.00.

Busymumma

BusymummaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great quality for the price and outstanding customer service

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$260.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

nel

nelSouth West, WA

Great product and customer service

Purchased in August 2016 at Better Baby Deals for A$369.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Nel, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Danielle C

Danielle Casked

Hi there, I have had my Oricom sc710 since December 2018 and IV been really happy with it. Unfortunately it has just started to have a white screen. The sound works but the screen is completely white. Is there a hard reset or alternative remedy that could fix this and if not would the item still be under warranty? I saw earlier in a response that all monitors come with a 3 year warranty?
Many thanks
Danielle

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Danielle, thanks for the message. Yes, the range of Oricom video monitors include a 3 year warranty. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and the team will be able to assist you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

NickM

NickMasked

Hi. I have Oricom 7SC10 model which was purchased in June 2015. Previously I would occasionally get the "out of range" error/beeping which could be resolved either by switching the monitor off and back on, or switching the camera off and on as well. Now it appears neither of these solutions work. Even if the monitor unit is right beside the camera unit, it still gives the out of range error. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. Nick

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Nick, thanks for the message. It sounds like an environmental factor could be playing a role, so we would love to troubleshoot this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Allen H.

Allen H.asked

Hi, we have 2 cameras and when the monitor is on one of the cameras, a little “Moon” icon keeps coming on and off. We have switched off the Night Mode already but the icon keeps popping up and when it does the screen on the monitor flickers. Can you please tell me how to fix it?
Thanks.
Allen

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Allen, thanks for the message. We would love to assist you in this, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives