Oricom Secure710 Digital

Oricom Secure710 Digital

Must have baby item

This monitor has been amazing. Easy to set up and use. Our baby went into his own room early on and this has been wonderful. You can set the sensitivity so it doesn’t wake you up with every sound your baby makes. The camera is clear. The speaker function and the music function is great and we have used it
Would recommend this to anyone who is expecting a baby

Purchased at Baby Bunting Online store.

Battery Life
Hi Angela, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Everything you need in a baby monitor

The Oricom Secure 710 was recommended to me by another Mum and I am extremely satisfied with it.

It is easy to use and has everything you need in a monitor: clear image including great night vision, adjustable volume, inbuilt microphone in the camera to talk to bub, thermometer so you can see the temperature of bub’s room (including an alert if it gets too hot), and polyphonic nursery rhymes to play to bubs to help them off to sleep. The monitor also alerts you when bubs moves or makes a sound.

I only have the one child but I believe it’s possible to buy a second camera to place in Bub #2’s room and use the one monitor to go between both rooms - a great draw card when you’re planning on having more children.

I purchased this during a Baby Bunting sale. It’s not the cheapest nor the most expensive model on the market, thus being accessible to most budgets and another reason why I highly recommend this.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store for $159.00.

Battery Life
Hi Michelle, thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care

Excellent setup!

We have a Oricom parent monitor and camera (2016) then we set it up with a second camera (2017). I love the set up. It is easy to use, has great video and sound and although we don't use the extra features such as music and night light I can see how handy they would be if you chose to use them. Had a few issues but these were fixed as soon as I contacted the support line. They are a fantastic team and customer service is A+! I wouldn't hesitate purchasing anything from this brand.

Purchased at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future product use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Love it!

Extremely satisfied with the range. We take it outside with no problems. Image and audio are both great too. Very reliable and easy to set up. A must have for all parents!

Battery Life
Hi Jess, thanks for the message. Thanks for taking the time to review the product and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Value for money and by far the best baby item I brought!

This baby monitor is beyond amazing! 2 kids 5 years and it’s still going strong! Has not missed a beat, well a beating from my babies maybe but it survived!

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Battery Life
Hi Tamara, thanks for the review. We appreciate the review and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

A must have item! Can't live without it.

We love our oricom sc710! It's so light and portable, we take it with us on all our holidays. The monitor was simple to set up and the instructions are easy to follow. You can easily adjust the noise sensitivity, which is great if the room gets road noise (or train noise like ours). The range is great and covers our entire block so I can hang out washing, take out the rubbish and check the mail while bub sleeps. It has several lullabys that you can play and a microphone so you can talk to baby. It also has a handy zoom feature which I've used often when bub was sick to watch the rise and fall of his chest for some reassurance. This monitor is so reliable and hardy it's one of the absolute must have items in our nursery. Never had a problem and I like that you can but an additional camera to use with a second child. So handy!!

Purchased at Bubs n Grubs for $160.00.

Battery Life
Hi Martiine, thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the SC710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best of the best! And I’ve tried many

Very satisfied high end product at great price it’s worht every cent for peace of mind to. My daughter started to seize at a young age I purchased and was finally able to have a good nights sleep! Your product are the best I have EVER used I have used around 7 different monitors with my Children this one is definitely the best!

Battery Life
Hi Niki, thanks for the message. Thanks so much for the feedback and we wish you all the best with your future use! Oricom Baby Care.

Love this moniter

Would definitely buy this again great picture quality and the range was quite far. Always worked perfectly. Very happy and would recommend this product. Easy to set up and use.

Battery Life
Hi Katie, thanks so much for the review. Glad to hear that you are loving the monitor and we wish you all the best with your future use! Oricom Baby Care.

Simple and practical.

Love this monitor. We didnt need a large screen as first we were in a small 2 bedroom home. It's easy for the grandparents to use in their home and is easily transported. We take it most places where we intend on spending a night. It let's me shower while our son sleeps as I can keep watch on him from the screen. What I love most is the security it brings us, knowing we are right there in the room with him, yet we might be outside hanging out the washing. Highly recommend.

Battery Life
Hi Helena, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Good, but could have been better

I was happy with this baby monitor for about 5 months, until the night vision became all dark and fuzzy. Contacted customer support who sent out a replacement straight away, however I had to pay for the postage to return my faulty camera. I would have preferred not to have gone through this process with out of pocket costs so early on in it's life. Every now and then it does say its out of range, when the monitor is still close to the parent unit.

Purchased at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Lee, thanks for the message. Glad to hear that Oricom Support were able to assist you in and we wish you all the best with you future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Amazing monitor! Love it!

Super easy to use baby monitor! Loved it and it’s features. My fave thing is that you can buy additional cameras to be able to use connected to the one monitor! Was super easy to set up and install.

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $180.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to review and leave your feedback on the Secure710. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Exactly what we needed!

We decided on the Oricom SC710 after looking around the range available (Oricom plus others were considered) and deciding that it seemed to be best bang for buck on the market. Since setting it up - which was really simple - it has proven itself to be a reliable and useful piece of baby equipment. As I work from home it allows me to keep an eye on my baby whilst being in a separate room and conducting business (phone calls emails etc). The range is really good too and we are able to have bub asleep upstairs (in a 2 story weatherboard+ brick home) and still get reception and clear image downstairs and in the back yard shed. I would happily recommend this product for others.

Purchased for $199.00.

Battery Life
Hi Anna, thanks for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Awful, buy something else

Has been awful since purchase in 2016. Beeps constantly out of range while kids rooms are less than 10m away from parent unit. Have re registered and rebooted so many times and does nothing. Not worth the money. Have to buy something else for my second baby

Purchased for $170.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and it sounds like there could be an environmental factor that is playing a role in the reduction in range on the unit. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in troubleshooting the issue and will work to provide you with a solution. Often, a simple change to a device in your home will greatly increase the range of the baby monitor. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Excellent monitor!

Excellent quality monitor, great image and sound, outstanding features, easy to set up and modern design. We purchased this monitor for our baby and I couldn’t be happier. As first time parents, we wanted peace of mind and I know that I can trust the Oricom range to deliver. I would highly recommend this monitor to anyone looking to purchase it!

Works fine. Cant deregister 3rd cam. Takes time to turn on IR lights sometimes

Our system has served us well over 5 years and 3 kids using two cameras and still going.
In this time we have had to replaced the battery - it wont last forever.
Still have the issue that sometimes in night mode, it wont turn on the infrared lights on the camera for the"night vision" and need to wait or cycle through cams before it suddenly works. Mildly annoying.
Current issue, really annoying, and an electronic design fault: If you accidentally register more cams than the cams you have (Dont ask me how, ask the kids...) there is no way to deregister a cam unless you send it back to Oricom and they reprogram it. Confirmed by talking to Oricom support today. This should be a user enabled feature.

Hi there, thanks for the message and for the feedback which we value for ongoing product development. Glad to hear that you have spoken to Oricom Support, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Perfect monitor

I have the Oricom 710 and I love it. We chose this monitor as we can have more than 1 camera linked up to it at any time. This is perfect for us as we have 3 young children. So we can rest easily knowing we can hear all our children while they sleep. The monitor has a clear screen, tells us the temperature in the rooms and also has the function to vibrate when it detects noise in the room.

Hi Emily, thanks for the message and review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Great product!

My sister in law gave us this monitor when we had our first baby 5 months ago, she used it for both her kids now 4 & 2. It’s the best gift she’s given us.
Video quality is great, I love how it changes to night mode when it’s dark so you’ve always got a clear image. Doesn’t lag (very rarely) and can pick up pretty low noises too. One of my favourite things is the battery life - she used it through 2 kids and now the third here and it never lets you down, charges so fast too.
Bonuses include brightness settings, melody, speaker to talk to bub, and so so great the room temperature.
Only slight negative I find is the range, while it’s good for our place (single storey small house) it may not be as reliable on a bigger house - as it loses connection when I’m on the back deck, sorry I’m not good at telling how far that is... approx 10m?
However that doesn’t affect my particular situation, so I definitely recommend!

Hi Afrah, thanks for the message. Thank you for the valuable feedback and comments and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Fantastic monitor, great functions and design

I have been very satisfied for the most part with the range and coverage of the Oricom SC710 baby monitor. I have on occassion lost range when using the monitor in a two story house but this has been easily correctedd by moving the patent unit around the room. The audio and image quality of the monitor are great and I have found it to be most reliable. It was a breeze to set up.

Hi Grace, thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Poor build quality and below average customer service

We bought our first one of these back in 2015. The video quality is pretty average and the battery went completely after about 12 months. When I contacted Oricom customer service they said I would have to send the whole unit in and it would take about 3 weeks to fix, they didn't offer any temporary replacement unit either. In the end, we just bought a second 710 unit and camera as we were having our second child. Less than 12 months in we had the same problems with the second one. I am currently looking for another monitor now but will steer well clear of Oricom.

Hi Richard, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to restore some faith in the Oricom brand. We would recommend that you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST and quote any prior reference numbers, and the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Deleting extra camera

Hi- is there a way to delete an additional camera to oricom 710 model. I have 2 cameras and some how the 3rd camera shows on the screen but beeps as it is out of range and I don’t have a third camera.
Love the product it was the best price on the market and still has all the bells and whistles

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we would suggest that you get in contact with the Oricom Support team Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, sometimes my oricom 710 completely turns off at night. It has happened when it is both on charge, and when it is not. When it happens, I wake up hearing my baby hysterical from crying out for so long, half a house length away during the night. It is very upsetting that my monitor is unreliable. It has happened a hand full of times. It is not the vox setting, the monitor is completely turning off, as I have to turn it on again. It has great battery life when it is not on charge, so I don’t think a new battery is the answer either. Please help? i love this monitor, but it makes me very anxious knowing that my baby monitor may or may not work during the night!
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and assure you that this is out of the ordinary. Importantly, the range of Oricom video and audio baby monitors include a 3 year warranty. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi there, We recently purchased the Oricom baby monitor and there is constant feedback coming through the monitor, even though the camera is in the baby's room and the baby monitor is elsewhere. The only way to stop the feedback noise is to actually turn the volume on the baby monitor completely down, which is really just masking the problem. We are finding this extremely annoying every time the baby monitor turns on at night in our bedroom. How do we stop this?
Hi Chris, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing and would love to discuss with you. Ordinarily, feedback is caused by the baby and parent units being to close, but as you mentioned, they have been separated, so we would love to troubleshoot with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I cannot open battery compartment to reset parent monitor. Is there a secret or just brute force with a screw driver?
Hi there, thanks for the message. The battery compartment can be opened by removing the desk stand, and sliding the battery door off. If you continue to experience difficulty, please give an Oricom Support team member a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Similar listings