Oricom Secure850 Digital

• Video Quality

Amanda

AmandaSydney, NSW

Really Good Camera

Very happy with my Oricom Secure 850 purchase. Bought it second hand 2 years ago since then 2 cameras have broken and the main parent monitor has been replaced twice but every time Oricom were awesome and no issues with great customer service and no charge for replacements! I have four cameras and the parent monitor switches when on scan would be good to have all cameras divided on one screen but that’s the only negative. Monitor life lasts for 5-8 hours before needing to be charged which is great. Oricom is an awesome brand and would buy through them again.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message and we appreciate the time taken to leave a review. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Csiky

CsikyCentral Queensland, QLD

Do not recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting Online store for $250.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Unable to position cameras for a good view

Camera has to sit flat for it to work and it doesn’t pan down low enough to give me a full view right down into cot because the base is so bulky and obstructing. Also baby can grab it in this position and play with it.
Can only see baby if they’re at opposite end to camera.
In order for me to see the whole cot I have to hang camera by hook hole which then has camera positioned so the view is now sideways on the monitor! Not happy. My daughter has another brand where camera can hook onto cot and has a great view and clear as well.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bubs n Grubs Online store for $187.00.

Functionality
Battery Life
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality

Budview1

Budview1South East Queensland, QLD

Completely unreliable and unusable

First one worked well (for a while). So my daughter bought one as well (eventually had the same problems). One camera works (for now) second camera flashes on, won't stay on, won't re-pair, trouble shooting guide does not solve problem. I have done everything possible to solve the problem without success.
Checked so many 1 star and 2 star reviews and many are having same and similar issues. So its not an isolated issue. Conclusion: This is faulty equipment so my advice to anyone reading this is don't waste your money.

Purchased in March 2016 at Baby Bunting for $299.00.

Tikka RoseHunter Region, NSW

Disappointing...

Purchased in May 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you. Please provide your customer reference number (HL). All the best, Oricom.

Tikka Rose

Thank you but I’ve contacted customer support and the matter is now “resolved” that I have a new monitor. Review is based on overall experience.

Bec

Bec

Great for any parent!

Whilst baby hasnt yet arrived we have tested the monitor and are really happy with the range and quality of its features. It works well as a bit of peace of mind whilst baby might be sleeping in their nursery and you are trying to catch up on other tasks. The sound quality is also great

Purchased in September 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Angela

AngelaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good monitor realistic price

This is a reasonable price to pay for a baby monitor there are some pretty fancy and expensive ones out there and I honestly wanted something where I could see bubba, communicate back without going into the room and had decent battery life.
I got it! Very happy :)

Look the quality of image isn’t amazing but honestly I can still see bubba and the facial expressions very well I didn’t need a high quality image. With the price I paid I’m cheering :)
Purchased in feb- early March roughly..? And I’ve had no problems with it

Purchased in February 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Love it!

Very handy to check of bubba without looking in the room. Clear vision and good audio. Occasionally it beeps and suggests it is out of range but it remains in the same spot where it works 99% of the time.

Purchased in June 2020 for $199.00.

Verity

VerityPerth, WA

Pretty average for the price

The range on the camera can be very poor. Sometimes I’ll be less than 5m from my son’s room and it will go out of range. The night light is extremely bright (much too bright for my son) so we had to put stickers over it. Camera quality is pretty good and it’s easy to set up. When it’s working in range it’s good but it goes out of range so often it’s not that reliable.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would like to discuss the range issues experienced with you, so please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Angela Pease

Angela PeaseSouth East Queensland, QLD

A bit disappointed

Monitor is unreliable, often drops out, it also interfere with home WiFi network significantly and we are unable to use our internet. Technical support is a hit and miss, some support person knows what they are doing, others just have no idea!!
Easy to set up

Purchased in June 2020 at Oricom .

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Angela, sorry to hear of your experience and if you would like to speak to a team member, please give us another call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. Oricom Baby Care.

mozzy

mozzyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy customer!

This is the best monitor on the market.
I have now purchase two, one for my house one for mums house.
Customer support is also amazing. I called today with a query and a man named Paul helped me with ease. Highly recommended.

Purchased in April 2017 at Baby Bunting for $240.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Would reconsider buying.

The range of the monitor is sufficient in our home. I wish the quality of the picture was better, particularly on night mode - it looks very pixilated and not an extremely clear image, which is disappointing for the price paid. Would be good if it had a bracket to put the camera on the cot.

Purchased in July 2020 for $200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review, and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

Disappointing. Wish I didn't buy it.

Doesn't have time on the screen or white noise. Doesn't have a Menu option instead lots of pressing random buttons in funny orders to get it to do things, risking having music blaring into the nursery or hard to explain the complexities to a babysitter etc. Don't need the hassle of that when your sleep deprived and blurry eyed stuffing around with buttons in funny orders trying to remember the secret ways to make it work. Low quality screen image. Other oricom monitor I used to have was brilliant. I never write reviews but felt strongly to write this one as I would not recommend this product

Purchased in September 2020 for $280.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience with the unit, and if you would like to discuss any of the above, please reach out on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

A Blackwood

A BlackwoodNorth Queensland, QLD

Signal poor picture poor

Signal strength is not very strong and image is poor at best. I would not be recommending this for friends or family. For the money I paid would expect better.

Purchased in May 2020 for $200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, sorry to hear of your experience, and would like to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

T Stringfellow

T StringfellowSouth East Queensland, QLD

A really good monitor

We have a large house and our bedroom is at the opposite end of the house and it has really good range.
It has very good quality video and audio and also switches to night mode automatically
This is the second one we have had because we used the other one so much that the monitor screw wore out but now we have 2 cameras so that’s fine
It is very easy to set up and use

Purchased in July 2020 for $199.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Chantelle

Chantelle

Great large screen and quiet easy to use

Great size unit, large clear screen, fantastic with able to link a number of cameras to the unit, handy with able to move camera thru monitor. Easy to use and set up

Purchased in May 2020 at Baby Bunting for $149.00.

Luiz Veneziani

Luiz VenezianiSydney, NSW

We're satisfied with our purchase

It has worked well for us. We have had no problem with signal with baby's room being on the other site of our ensuite bathroom. Image is nice and clear. The mic is just the right amount of sensitive, it picks up anything but the small insignificant moves. Battery life is good. We leave it connected at night and disconnect it to bring with us around the house during the day. My only issue with the camera is that it won't turn down more than about 45 degrees.

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom Website for $199.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Emm

EmmSouthwest, VIC

battery non existent, turns itself off do not purchase

This is the second monitor i have purchased..thinking i had done something to the first - none same terrible product! Does nit hokd battery- 5 minutes max before having to put it back on charge! falls in and out of reach, turns itself off randomly ..absolutey disappointed wish i had sent back when it started playing up in first week. im an idiot!

Purchased in March 2020 for $199.00.

Tech SupportOricom

Renee Warland

Renee WarlandPalmerston, NT

Pretty solid for the discounted price

bought it one sale for $200, and am happy with it for that price.
Pros: camera detail is good, I can see my child breathing
The colour is good for natural light
Battery life is decent if you're using it for just sound
Decent reach, especially with the lift up antennae. I have an 800msq yard, and I can go all over it with it in my pocket. Gives a warning if it's stretching too far
Cons: sometimes the option to move the camera just... doesn't come up. Have to turn it off and on again to make it work. Which is less than great at 3am when I'm trying to spy on my kid.

Purchased in April 2020 at Website for $200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. Wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Works well

Happy with this product. The buttons are not very intuitive and user friendly, particularly moving the camera, but we managed to figure it out eventually. Screen resolution average. Well priced

Tech SupportOricom

Hi Wan, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. All the best Oricom Baby Care