Oricom Secure850 Digital

Oricom Secure850 Digital

MPN: SC850

Baby Monitors Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of baby monitor would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.0

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality

brooke-manly

brooke-manlyNew South Wales

Great quality and easy to set up

The picture quality is good and like the automatic sleep mode on the monitor. You can also adjust the volume of sound that the baby makes before the monitor turns on through the night which is great for restless sleepers. The music feature is really loud and distorted on the receiver though so use a separate lullaby projector.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure850. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

CRB

CRBSydney, NSW

I sent it back for a refund.

The video quality is so sub-par that everything is pixilated and you can’t see anything. The movement of the camera when done remotely is jerky. And the lack of a lot of buttons means you are constantly cycling through what setting you need to do anything.
Sent it back and got a refund.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Definately does the job!!

It's a great monitor! The range cover is exactly what l need! The image quality is a bit pixelated but all video monitors are! It's reliable and it was very easy to set up even when I had to sync the camera from my old monitor that my toddlers broke!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom for A$200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Hannah, thanks for the review, and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

TiHaPerth, WA

Wouldn't purchase again

Range is good.. when it decides to work.
I'm constantly having the monitor beep in the middle of the night saying out of range. They replaced for a new camera and the new one does the same thing and flickers dark and light so I feel like it's having a disco party in the night.

Wouldn't purchase again.

Purchased in December 2019.

TiHa

Of course it's someone else's fault not the product!!

I have been through everything with a support person and ruled out everything that I could have been doing wrong!!

Ashlee Nicholson

Ashlee NicholsonSydney, NSW

Great product, even better customer service!

The monitor is great! It is super clear image in both light and dark, works really well, plug and play, and the thermometer gives me such peace of mind that bub is safe and in a comfortable temperature. A+++

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ashlee, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care..

Mirjana

MirjanaVictoria

Works well for price

If baby door is shut it will sometimes come up out of range. Light is bright in baby’s room have stuck a book in front of it. Good battery and monitor can turn to adjust. The picture is also very clear.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review, and for sending through your feedback to the benefit of others. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Lynn

LynnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Very happy customer

The Oricom Secure850 digital gives me peace of mind and I am very happy with the video quality and sound. I can go into the garden with the monitor and can see exactly what baby is doing.

Purchased in May 2020 at Opticom .

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Lynn, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and thanks for taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Verity

VerityPerth, WA

It’s... ok

The quality of the camera and ability to tilt is great. Range varies hugely depending on the day. Some days I can be 5m from my sons room and it will say out of range. The night light is waaaaaaay too bright. Much preferred the orange one on my old 710.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$199.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Harmony R.

Harmony R.Southwest, VIC

Very happy customer

Happy with this monitor. It has a great picture and good range. It was very easy to set up and run. It also has an excellent battery life. Very happy customer!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Amazing!!

Amazing!!! We have a large house and both cameras in our kids. They can be monitored anytime from inside and outside the house. Absolute life changer for us. Worth the $$$

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Emm, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate the support and so glad to hear of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Worst baby monitor

This is the worst baby monitor anyone could have! I paid $279 for it and it was the biggest waste of money- currently has no sound, and the temperature reads 54degrees when it’s 21degrees

Stephen B.

Stephen B.Sydney, NSW

High priced rubbish

Purchased in October 2018 at Toysrus for A$440.00.

Hayley S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t waste your money

Having spent $200+ on this monitor I could not be more disappointed. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and it constantly shuts off because it’s out of range. The video often cuts out also. Very unreliable and a complete waste of money.

Purchased in December 2019 at Kiddie Country for A$220.00.

Tech SupportOricom
Technical SupportOricom

Hi Hayley, if you would prefer to offer a time that we could contact, and message through your preferred no. to be contacted on, please email support@oricom.com.au and the team will contact you. Oricom Baby Care.

Jasmin A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely hate this monitor!

1. Says "out of range" when the PlayStation is running. So can't use PlayStation if you have a baby who's asleep. What a joke.
2. Says "out of range" randomly for no reason at all
3. Moving camera left right up and down works 20% of the time and only fixes upon turning device off and on again
So upset as I spent a small fortune on this and should have spent the extra money to get something that doesn't work on old fashioned radio frequency.. lift your game Oricom, it's 2020..
4. Screen lags all the time

It's not fit for purpose and I am this close to lodging it with ACCC for a refund.

Purchased in February 2019 at Catch for A$190.00.

Jasmin A.

Your customer service have asked for my credit card details when processing the warranty "in case I don't return the faulty unit" back to you.
This is insane!!!! Definately taking this further if I can't attain a refund.

SJE

SJE

Biggest waste of money

Worked fine until we added a second camera. From day one, the pairing wouldn’t work as simply as stated in the product guide, it would constantly drop out or say out of range even when it was beside the monitor screen unit. Cannot understand why we paid $150 for the second unit that never works properly. Don’t waste your money or time with this. Very disappointing.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$149.00.

Jamie

JamieSydney, NSW

Don’t bother

Honestly, I wouldn’t even bother. I wish I read the reviews before buying this monitor. We have used it 3 times and it’s dropped out of range each time. No we don’t have anything on in the house interrupting, we are about 10 metres away from the room, yes we have tried re pairing CONSTANTLY, removed battery, powered on and off EVERYTHING. Sometimes it works and then cya out of range. The parent unit decides to go out of range while I’m still in the room! I have no confidence to actually use this at night. I just hope the refund process isn’t as difficult as it is to own one of these things.

Purchased in March 2020 at Oricom for A$199.00.

Nikki

NikkiSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love it

I’m really happy with this monitor for my home. It’s so easy to set up and is reliable, I haven’t had any issues. I highly recommend this monitor and video screen.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate the feedback. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Alecia

AleciaPerth, WA

Worse monitor ever

have used it for 6 nights and the handpiece screen has now distorted and you can’t see anything but lines, wouldn’t recommend at all, waste of money, audio is ok

Purchased in November 2018 for A$439.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Alecia, thanks for the message. We would love to have this sorted with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Madieeb

MadieebQueensland

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!

I have owned this product for less then a year and have had constant issues with it. Sound constantly not working, dropping out of range when standing right next to the camera, screen freezing and after numerous calls to Oricom they are finally sending me a new camera but I have to pay postage to sent my old one back. Not happy with that as it’s still under the 2 year warranty so I should not be out of pocket for a product that for the price you would think would work!!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and glad to hear that Oricom Support have been to touch to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Emma

Emma

Fantastic!! Oricom Secure 850 and breathing sensor

Fantastic camera and breathing monitor! Love that you can adjust the sound sensitivity, pan around the room, large clear colour screen, play lullabies, great signal, great audio, easy set up.

Purchased in January 2019 at Gadget City Online store for A$339.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Emma, thanks for the review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.