Oricom Secure850 Digital Video

Oricom Secure850 Digital Video

Would buy it everytime!

Super happy with this monitor after being recommended it by family and friends.
I did have a problem with the battery in the first year but its exactly like your phone once charged take it off and only recharge it when its flat again! (part of battery conditioning) Great image and sound quality also has a almost 25m signal range, be aware your home wifi can interrupt your signal and make it drop out especially if you have it next to your mobile and wifi or bluetooth on.
I have the sense pad package and it was just as handy when bub was a newborn and gave me extra piece of mind! I truly cannot recommend this product enough, some people expect the world in products this day and age but honestly I would by it again and again.
PS: Customer care are amazingly helpful and are actually in Australia!!!! Wait time is average but they make it all happen.
It turned 2 this year and hope to connect a second camera for baby 2. Happy Purchasing :)

Purchased in February 2017 at Baby Bunting for $399.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate you letting others know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

The worst monitor

This monitor drives me nuts. Awful battery life and ALWAYS out of range. Our house isn’t even big and it’s constantly beeping out of range. Seriously a waste of $200+ and it’s not even a year old. Won’t be buying a second camera or another oricom again, when baby two comes along.

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss with you. Importantly, the unit includes a 3 year warranty, so we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would not recommend- worst monitor

Firstly, i have been trying to get ahold of technical support for 6+ months.
This product was bought in April 2018, and by may it started saying “Out of Range”.
Every time we have used this monitor we have had to “Re pair” it, which is multiple times a day.
Not once has this product not said “Out of Range”.
As stated, this product is supposed to have 30 meters range, but i can not separate the camera and monitor more than 1 meter without it saying “Out of Range”.
Only today had technical support finally contacted me, and they told me that WIFI is the issue. This should not happen. If it was stated in the product information when bought that it was not WIFI comparable, I’m certain this product would not be bought ever. False advertisement.
Battery life never lasts either. Within an hour of use and being unplugged the battery is dead.
I would not ever recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $250.00.

Battery Life
Hi Isabella, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and importantly, environmental factors like WiFi which sit on the same channel space, could cause interference with your baby monitor. This is the same for all models and brands that sit in that channel space. Often, a simple change in the setup of the monitor will assist in increasing the range of the unit. The listed range of the SC850 is 150m is ideal conditions measured in line of sight. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team are well equipped to have the unit working as per your need. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best thing we ever got baby related!!

So happy with the range on this monitor. We travel away a lot to our caravan and are able to set it up and be outside whilst the kids sleep

Purchased in May 2016 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Amy, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Love it.. but it's not perfect

I didnt realise how much i loved it until it broke: we bought a new and different one to avoid dealing with returns. I then called up the awesome help desk who offered to replace it with minimal hassle.

I love the temperature gauge on it so that if the aircon were blasting too cold, i notice and turn it off. I like how sensitive it is to noises. The tilt angle is a bit weak so we fashioned a wedge shaped bit of timber and mounted it atop the shelves in my son's room. it would be nice if it has a clock on it or a timer of how long it's been on for (for those times you wake up and have no idea how long they've been crying for). I do hate the music button and have never purposefully used it. (Only accidentally much to my chagrin)

The picture quality is adequate and I can see his eyes open which is all I care about. And I love the talk back button. I can't wait to use it to scare him when he's older!

It's got good range. We live in a2 story house and get reception on either floor or outside from the 2nd story bedroom. Easy to use and . Good zoom. Really like it!

Hi Jaye, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and you taking the time to leave your feedback which will be passed on for continual Product Development. If you ever have any questions, please just give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great monitor but terrible battery life!

Great coverage and easy to use baby monitor. I love being able to see bub through the night but it has a terrible battery life! It was ok for a few months but then started doing this. Within a few minutes of being unplugged it starts to warn about low battery and then turns itself off. You can then turn it back on and it will have full battery again but if you check the screen it runs out of battery again within minutes. This is super annoying as I would like to have it near me as I do things around the house and not always have to have it plugged in.

oricom 850

I've had this monitor for about 2 weeks now.

Summary:
Great customer service.
No troubles when had to return the product twice due to faults.
The same product varies. I have not had 3 identical ones.

Purchased camera after our second hand SC710 died. Purchased the 850 - don't know why but camera and parent monitor wouldn't connect even with the troubleshooting. It was only through luck and fiddling that we managed to get it working.

Then I noticed that overnight (monitor had been on for approximately 9 hours, 7 of those on VOX )whilst the monitor was on VOX the pan tilt wouldn't activate. Had to turn it off and on to get it working. This was why I exchanged it for the first time.

The second monitor had such a bad image. It looked like it had a big bright light in the middle where the camera would pan like a halo and the background would be black. And the pan tilt didn't work like the first one. The buttons on this monitor had a different touch feeling than the previous one and the plugs were different too. Exchanged it again with no worries - was offered to exchange or refund.

So I've got the third one today. Monitor display looks good albeit still a little like the second one. The pan tilt didn't work again without turning it off and on again.

I am happy with the overall camera and don't feel the need to change brands and do research again just yet. The button configuration could be better like the SC 895 (exclusive to Baby Bunting). Sometimes the pan tilt activation times out and you go to press across and then you turn the music on scaring the crap out of you that you might wake the baby.

Overall:
I wish I never exchanged the first one in the first instance as it had the best monitor image display and the buttons felt smoother when pressed.
The image quality is okay. It is a little sluggish during movement compared to the SC710 which was seamless. There is still a bright round light on the display but definitely not as bad as the second one. Easy enough to see if they are breathing. Screen is big enough to see from across the room. Loud enough. I've had no problems with range as we have small house with no internal brickwork. This camera also appealed to us due to 8 hour battery life.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $249.00.

Battery Life
Hi Rhon, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your valuable feedback and we wish you all the best with you future use. Please give us a call if you wish to discuss anything on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Ok monitor, some major design flaws.

I’ve been waiting a few months before writing this review to ensure I knew exactly what was good and what was bad. I think I’ve had it long enough now to write a review. I’ll jjst write some points to make this review straight to the point.

* Decent enough camera quality, although not as clear as my Motorola MBP853 and the day vision is particularly grainy.
* volume is ok, although not that great either, I don’t think it’s loud enough at times.
* the camera itself has a large base, so it’s unable to tilt down enough for a good viewing angle in a lot of positions. This is VERY annoying.
* terrible design on parent monitor - I don’t know who thought it was a good idea to have the music button as one of the main buttons. So easy to accidentally click it and play music to your baby who was sleeping before you blasted very loud music to their unsuspecting ears. It literally makes no sense, any of the controls on there. It really just needs the volume up/down and the tilt/pan buttons as the main buttons. Terrible design. That’s one thing I really dislike about this monitor.
* the range is ok, but it does cut out a lot if the TV/microwave/wifi anything really is near to it. The range itself is ok, but it doesn’t go as far as my Motorola. It’s been ok though and we’ve been able to make it work. You’ll need to have the antenna up to make this monitor work for you at all.
* the sound of the camera turning is fairly quiet compared to my other monitor, which is good if you have a light sleeper and you need to move the camera around to get the right viewing angle. It’s akso quite quick in its movements.
* 3 year warranty - this is actually the reason I bought it.
* the ‘speak’ button is great and in a good position. It works well.
* Some people might like this function, but it actually annoys me - there is no light or sound or anything on the camera to let you know it’s actually on. I’ve turned it on many times, only to realise when I get out of the room that’s it’s actually not on because I missed the switch or I forgot to turn it on at the wall. Probably, a lot of parents will like that it doesn’t have a light or noise to let you know it’s on, but I’m used to both with my Motorola. So it’s quite annoying for me personally.

I haven’t connected more than one camera, so I can’t comment on that aspect. I also haven’t used this monitor over night, so I can’t comment on how the vox functionality works or how it performs overnight in general.

Overall, this monitor is just ok. It’s not terrible, but it’s not great either. My Motorola MBP853 is much better, but being in Australia, I couldn’t find an additional camera for it and I wasn’t happy with the international plugs and limited 1yr warranty.

Would I buy this again? Maybe, it depends what else is available. Unfortunately, Australia doesn’t have a lot of good quality baby video monitors compared to what I can buy overseas. I paid $199 for this baby monitor and I think that’s a fair price compared to other similar models.

Hi there, thanks for the review and for taking the time to leave your feedback on this unit, and this will be passed on for continual product development. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would not recommend

When this unit works, it is great. We have had it for 2 and half years and have two cameras attached. I have had to return it for repairs about 6 times, as it has either been an out of range error, a battery error, the light turning on in the middle of the night and waking my daughter, and now we're having another error where one camera has decided to shop displaying, but constantly beeping, saying out of range (again).

I must admit that the customer service is good, which is why I am giving two stars, however it is annoying that after paying over $500 in total for a monitor unit with cameras, it is disappointing that I am about to embark on another journey with their customer service team to fix some other annoying bug.

The last time I picked up my monitor after it was repaired, they said "if you need to get it fixed again we'll replace it with a new one." Needless to say... I am going to be asking for a refund this time, as I can't be bothered with this unreliable piece of.......... equipment.

Pros - Customer service, camera pan feature and zoom.
Cons - Expensive, unreliable and annoying beep

Hi Luanna, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced and would love to restore some faith in the Oricom brand. Please give our locally based Oricom Support another call, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Faulty unit, replaced promptly by Oricom.

After 4 months our monitor is now having issues ‘staying in range’ from less than 5m from the camera. Sometimes it doesn’t even say that it’s disconnected, the picture just freezes. This is dangerous as we could be under the assumption that our boy is sound asleep and not realise something is actually wrong.

UPDATE:
Unit showed some issues with the screen (white lines and then eventually showing ONLY white). I lodged a support email and called Oricom. They have replaced the unit without any further questions during a 5 minute telephone conversation. Very happy with the service from Oricom. Please note that my optional ratings (battery life, connectivity etc) are currently rated for my original faulty unit. I will update once we receive the replacement unit and have tested for some time.

Purchased in September 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $219.00.

Battery Life
Hi Blake, thanks for the message. It sounds like an environmental factor is playing a role in the reduction in range, so for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Hi guys, I work with radio technologies and there aren't any environmental factors at play with this scenario. The distance from the camera to the unit is very short, there are only plaster walls in between and it has worked perfectly in the exact same spot before. The issue isn't limited to the one spot, the device is bugging out. The only way for me to temporarily fix it for the next few hours is to turn it off for 5 minutes and back on again (shorter off times haven't fixed it). I am happy to accept an exchange of a replacement device should you wish to test this one, as it won't be feasible to give up the device for weeks for Oricom testing as its a mandatory item in our household now.Hi Blake, please give our locally based Support team a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

My sleep saver

As our due date crept closer the nerves of becoming first time parents started kicking in and we knew a monitor was on our list of needs for some peace of mind.

We took a research dive into the world of endless monitoring options, when we came across the oricom babysense2 breathing movement monitor with the secure850 video monitor.
This monitor has saved us A LOT of sleep.
Knowing we could view our baby without having to leave our bed to the alarm system of the breathing monitor that is loud enough to wake your neighbours.

Now I LOVE that is was super super easy to set up.
The video monitor image quality day & night is great and ... the camera can pan-tilt great for future playrooms.
Room temperature displayed on monitor screen with alerts for min/max temps is a great guide to babies sleepwear, and the optional subtle night light for those midnight feeds was a blessing. I do highly recommend this product. Your body will thank you.

Hi Rachelle, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to review the SC850 and appreciate the feedback. Thanks for letting others know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care,

Great monitor

Really happy with the picture quality. Absolutely love the motorised pan tilt function, you can remotely move the camera all around the room. Great for toddlers in toddler beds!
Great battery life. Super easy to set up.
Oricom customer Care is expectional if you have any issues they are just a phone call away.

Hi Kimberley, thanks for the message and review. We really appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

This is a great product we couldnt live without. We have unfortunately had two warranty claims - how

Very easy to set up system. Range could be a little better (we have a long house with some internal brick walls and at times the monitor says it’s out of reach. We can take it very far outside (to the clothes line is too far and is probably when you need the monitor!)
My only winge about the product is the sensor pads are not connected to the monitor. If the sensor pads go off you need to hear it through the monitor - the actual monitor doesn’t alarm. My previous monitor (although didn’t have video) would alarm as well as the sensor pads alarming.
Overall a great Product I would have no hesitation in recommending!

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for taking the time to review. We wish you all the best with your future use, Oricom Baby Care.

A great way to keep an eye on the little one

We have been using this monitor for 1.5 years and it had been very useful and reliable. The image is great. The nightlight is quite bright, but this presumably contributes to the good nighttime image and means that I can see my daughter if I have to visit her in the night. The receiever works through a 3-bed brick house. As a bonus, my toddler loves playing with the receiver unit.
Occassionally, we have had problems with it, but have usually discovered how to fix it. If the microphone is covered or askew it doesn't work, and the receiever aerial has to be up. Sometimes the receiver image goes black or says out of range for no reason, but it fixed when the unit is turned off and back on again.

Hi Lisa, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future use. If you would ever like to speak to someone regarding an issue, please feel free to give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great product - Even better support team!

We bought this in the value pack with the baby sense breathing monitor a little while ago, been really reliable and not given us any issues. Until now. Signal dropping out for the last week or so, phoned support & within a 5min convo they are sending me a replacement camera & screen. Couldn’t be more impressed! Recommend Oricom highly

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience with Oricom Support and appreciate you taking the time to let others know. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Stopped working within a week

For the 1st 4 days this monitor was great, then day 5 the screen went green and had lines all across it. Turned it on and off and now it has completely stopped working. Very disappointing for a top range monitor to break within a week. Will we be taking it back tomorrow but definitely been put off this model.

Hi Dave, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and assure you that this is out of the ordinary. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Make sure you use the aerial!

I was hating this devise and about to call Oricom until I came on here and saw a picture with the aerial in use (didn’t realise it had one)

Hi Holly, thanks for the message. Glad to hear that you found the antenna! If you ever have any questions about the range, please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best monitor I’ve purchased so far.

This monitor was purchased after my Vtec one died (it was cheap and really not what I wanted). My husband chose this monitor because of the camera move function (man loves his technology) and I will never turn back I can walk out to get the mail and hang the washing on the line and still be in full to just under full range. I would recommend this monitor to anyone.

Hi Danielle, thanks for the message. We are so glad to hear of your experience with the Secure850 and appreciate the recommendation. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Camera had to be replaced after one week

Initially we were very happy with this product, then two nights later it started going out of range repeatedly (without us moving it or switching on other devices). We found it did this in the lounge room but was fine everywhere else. We persevered but a few days later, with no interference whatsoever, the parent unit started showing a distorted image with lines all through it. We followed all available suggestions on how to fix it but the image couldn't be fixed.
Called the helpline and they asked for us to send a photo. Sent a photo but didn't hear back, called back and they're going to send us a replacement camera (I have to pay the postage).

It hasn't arrived yet but I'm so surprised that this product came so highly recommended! I've noticed that Oricom keep responding to complaints here to say that the 'out of range' issue is to do with brick walls and wifi or whatever but how is that a reasonable excuse? Oricom need to produce better products that aren't affected by these things that are a reality in everyone's lives. What's the point of paying $280 if you have to adjust everything else in your life to suit it? Disappointed in this purchase. I have low expectations of the new camera.

Hi Nocciola, thanks for the message. We are sorry to read of your experience and will be sure to pass this feedback on. Please get back in contact with Oricom Support if the issue persists as we would love to work it out with you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would not consider any other monitor after owning this one

I’m very satisfied with the range, mine doesn’t drop out and I’ve had no issues with it so far.
The audio and image coverage is awesome!
Its easy to take on holidays and use elsewhere,
The monitor was super easy to set up and I had no problems getting it up and running. I would highly recommend!!

Hi Belinda, thanks for the review and the feedback. We are glad to hear of your experience and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I have the oricom 850 (been using it for less than a month) and despite me never moving either unit, it is constantly switching between working and showing bub fine, beeping as out of range, displaying a black screen with sound and displaying a black screen with no sound (despite bub moving and crying). the units are only about 10 meters apart with one wall in between. this is pretty crap. i’m guessing your response will be to call your customer support team. but why can’t the monitors just work as they say they will?! it seems like this is a very common problem for this monitor :(
Hi Lucy, thanks for the message. It sounds like a simple environmental factor could resolve the issue for you. The reason we ask you to contact our locally based Customer Support is because these days, many devices sit on the same channel space that the baby monitor uses to connect between parent and baby unit. Making a simple change like streaming a video over WiFi when setting up or, moving the location of the units, will free up the channel space and allow the units to communicate uninterrupted. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.I did have a similar problem, after talking to the guys at help desk it turned out I had a faulty power cord! Couldn’t believe it, they exchanged both camera and parent only to find it was it’s power cord the whole time! Definitely worth a call :) Good luck

Hi, we have two cameras connected to our monitor, both cameras are clear during day time but one is very fuzzy at night time. Is there a way to fix this?
Hi Kylie, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would like to sort this out with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, Just wondering all of a sudden our monitor screen says out of range and won’t even show a picture. I’ve turned off and on the baby camera and tried to reset our screen with no success. Is there any other ways to fix this or is our camera or monitor seen better day? Thanks.
Hi Ellie, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would suggest that an environmental factor is playing a role in the reduction in range. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Similar listings