Oricom Secure850 Digital Video

Great camera easy to use.

Love this camera easy to use great battery life the picture day and night is clear.. audio is great. We have been using this camera for 2 years..only fault we had was when our child pulled the cord out and the inner pin came out rendering our screen useless..was so happy with the actual product we repurchased ..but take more care were we leave it when on charge

Purchased in March 2017 at Baby Bounce for $379.00.

Battery Life
Hi Celeste, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and would love to discuss to see if we can help. Please give us a call on the 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

So many problems. Customer support don't answer.

This monitor has been the most unreliable device I have ever purchased. Once again it is constantly displaying the 'out of range' signal. I have to re-set it dozens of time. Customer service often don't answer and call back later (which is generally inconvenient for mothers with babies!)

Hi Paula, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with Oricom Support and assure you this is out of the ordinary. If you could please email support@oricom.com.au with your reference numbers, the team will be in touch to resolve. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Easy to use, good quality

I purchased my oricom video monitor SC850 after reading reviews on the product and thought this one would best suit our needs.

I needed something with long range as we have a 2 story house and we spend a lot of time outside, as our property is rather long we wanted something that would work.

I am happy with my purchase, it does everything I need it too and when we have another baby we can hook another camera up to it without needing to purchase another monitor as well.

The only thing that irks me about it is if I accidentally hit the music button music will play upstairs and it’s rather loud and startling.

But apart from that it’s everything we need.

Purchased in October 2018 at Gadget City Online store.

Battery Life
Hi Jess, thanks for the message. We appreciate your feedback and you talking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Constant trouble

Had the unit for a couple of years - had been repaired a few times under warranty and it still is playing up. I've been bearing with it but now have had enough. Picture is grainy, constantly drops out and wakes me in the middle of the night and last week started freezing. Also sometimes the sound indicator shows that there is a sound - but no sound comes out. We have 2 cameras - theres no functionality to have both on the same screen - only option is to scan between the two - when scanning it makes a noise and thus not useable at night. Due to this we only use the one camera - wasted money on the second for my second son. Received absolutely rude customer service and was told that to fix my problems i need to switch off the camera anytime the baby isnt in the room. When I said that its fixed to the ceiling I was advised to turn it off at the wall (again - not possible given that my husband ran wires through the wall to make it look nice and i cant access the power point). Tonight is also an absolute doosey - instead of hearing my baby cry through the monitor it sounds like Darth Vader is in his room - horrible croaking noise that i cant fix even by resetting the monitor. Guess i'll have to grab the ladder and switch off the camera again tomorrow - until then Im hoping my child doesnt wake up again.

Purchased at Baby Bunting Physical store for $299.00.

Battery Life
Hi Anna, thanks for the message. We would like to look into this for you, so could you please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and quote your reference number, and Oricom Support will assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Product is great, but customer service is absolutely superb

Video image and audio is perfectly fine. I use it from about 2 rooms away and the range works fine for us.
Reasonably easy to setup. Have had no issues with it so far.
I did accidentally leave the metal cord part in water and it started to rust (my own fault). It eventually stopped working but customer care helped me replace it free of charge. Superb.

Purchased in January 2018 at Toys R Us / Babies R Us for $250.00.

Battery Life
Hi Helen, thanks for the review and we appreciate the feedback. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Terrible customer service! Broken screen and they said to bad!

A massive black circle randomly appeared in the middle of the screen, was sent of to oricom to look at I got a call saying, we are not repairing it as you have caused the damage. It has a 3 year warranty and it was a $300 monitor and the lady pretty much said bad luck.
The lady was so rude didn’t even try and help me out! What’s the point in purchasing an expensive monitor with a good warranty if you aren’t able to use it!
So disappointed. This is also the second monitor I have bought, the first one broke but it wasn’t as expensive so I just let it go!
I would never ever recommend this brand to anyone and will never ever purchase oricom again.

Purchased in January 2018 at Baby Bunting for $300.00.

Battery Life
Hi Claire, thanks for the message. We would like to look into this one further, so could you please message through your Oricom Support reference number, or give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great Monitor

I haven't had any issues with this monitor. The battery lasts a while but I mainly have it connected and I leave the screen on all night. The sound is great and the night light works really well. The big screen is a plus as well. Would recommend.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Kay, thanks for the review and recommendation. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great monitor!

Had my little one rip it out of the charger and damage it! John from customer service was super friendly and helpful and he sent us out a new screen and plug with no fuss!

Purchased in August 2017.

Hi Mia, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

The best monitor for multiple babies and rooms

So glad we purchased the pro on 850. The size of the screen and the fact that you can have up to 4 cameras is amazing. We have 2 kids but 3 cameras as one is in the lounge room so I can keep an eye on the kids if upstairs.

Purchased in October 2016.

Battery Life
Hi Jo, thanks for the message and we appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best Thing I bought for piece of mind

I have used this product now for both my last two babies and it’s been a god send.. I have 3 cameras set up, 1 in each bedroom and 1 in the play room, so I can see both my girls at all times. The features of being able to talk to my children through the monitor is amazing and perfect for soothing bubs when she wakes. Was easy to install and use and understand. The only downside to this product is that the battery seems to die quicker than I would like

Purchased in July 2016 at Baby Bunting for $300.00.

Battery Life
Hi Kerry, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great monitor!

I have used this monitor for almost two years and absolutely love it. Only recently has the sound begun to not work and after a very quick call to customer service, a replacement has been organised and I'm very happy with the way it has all been handled. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Purchased in May 2017.

Battery Life
Hi Kym, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit and Oricom Support. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Perfect, has all the features we need!

Love the fact that the camera can be angled and controlled from the parent unit. It's got all the features we wanted: temperature, night mode, you can adjust how sensitive you want it to be to noise, parent unit has a good size screen. We had problems with the range at first, but customer service was great and we got it fixed & now there are no issues!

Purchased in June 2017 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Colette, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would not recommend - terrible customer service.

Bought the monitor a little over a year ago and towards the year mark battery life became non existent, on full charge wouldn’t even give you a half hour of screen time and then the screen started to get white lines and black circle mark making it basically useless for viewing anything.
Tried calling customer service several times to which I was consistently reverted to leave a message.
Emailed customers service supplied all documents request and image of screen and issue with battery only to be told that from the image they have been able to ascertain that there is a issue with the screen which is due to “pressure being applied” and will be $160 to replace as the screen is not covered under warranty... no mention of the battery issue.
I called to discuss and they basically said too bad and you can send the monitor in but at your cost. The customer service representative made me feel as though there is no point and that they had have already made their decision. I feel they have used the screen issue as a excuse to not replace the monitor.... the warranty of this product is misleading and is completely up their discretion.
Very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Purchased in March 2018 for $220.00.

Battery Life
Hi Bianca, thanks for the message. We would love to look into this for you and would ask that you please give us another call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and quote any previous reference numbers with Oricom Support. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Terrible range- very disappointing

As most people have said on here the range of this camera is horrible. My husband has rang customer service several times and all ‘environmental issues’ solutions offered have not worked. So disappointing and extremely stressful when you’re trying to watch your baby sleep and your minitor keeps flashing out of range. I’ve had the monitor for 4 weeks and have not had one night where it has worked properly. My bedroom is less than 20 meters from our lounge room where we sit. A real let down. If you can offer any other suggestions Oricom could you please do so via writing as a response to this review. Looks like most people are experiencing this problem so instead of saying contact your customer service (extremely hard when you have a baby!!!), maybe you could offer some practical answers on this review that everyone could try.

Purchased in March 2019.

Battery Life
Hi Julia, thanks for the message. Unfortunately, environmental factors do play a role in the range on the unit, and we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support another call so the team can work to determine if there is a fault and assist in sorting this out with you. Blanket statements do not assist in all environments, so it is important that a technician identifies the issue in your specific environment and works to address it directly. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Terrible range - worth a shop around

I am so disappointed with my unit and since moving to a bigger house I’m now having to shop for a monitor that can transmit from one end of my house to the other.

In my very small unit I was always unhappy to not been able to use my microwave while my baby was sleeping and not been able to take my unit out to the outside table (maybe 15 steps from my sleeping baby) but now that I have moved it doesn’t even reach from my daughters bedroom to mine!!!!! I have to sit it on the landing at the top of the stairs and turn the volume up!

Very disappointed VERY disappointed my advice to you is please shop around and ask questions about range as it’s a monitor for a reason and if you can’t move 15 steps from the sleeping baby’s door it’s probably not worth the price tag.

Purchased in December 2016 at Baby Bunting for $359.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would ask that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call as the team will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you and will work to provide you with some solutions. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great monitor don’t look elsewhere

Originally bought a secure 720, but realised shortly after moving baby into own room the camera had a fault as night vision was horrible. Called Oricom, they organised a replacement with Baby Bunting no questions asked. On arriving to Baby Bunting, decided to upgrade to the 850 and I’m glad we did.

The screen is so clear, night vision is AMAZING without any night light in the room it is crystal clear.

This is a great Aussie brand great service great product.

Battery lasts 8 hours without charge, responsive to sound and movement super easy to set up.

Well done oricom!

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $199.00.

Battery Life
Hi Jen, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

The most unreliable product I’ve ever had

Never works
Barely 4mnths old
Out of range permanently now
Even when a metre away!
Absolutely ridiculous
Now I have to go through hassle replacing it and not having one in the interim.
Don’t buy!!!
I have another one differant brand for my other son and it’s 3 years old works perfectly

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would buy it everytime!

Super happy with this monitor after being recommended it by family and friends.
I did have a problem with the battery in the first year but its exactly like your phone once charged take it off and only recharge it when its flat again! (part of battery conditioning) Great image and sound quality also has a almost 25m signal range, be aware your home wifi can interrupt your signal and make it drop out especially if you have it next to your mobile and wifi or bluetooth on.
I have the sense pad package and it was just as handy when bub was a newborn and gave me extra piece of mind! I truly cannot recommend this product enough, some people expect the world in products this day and age but honestly I would by it again and again.
PS: Customer care are amazingly helpful and are actually in Australia!!!! Wait time is average but they make it all happen.
It turned 2 this year and hope to connect a second camera for baby 2. Happy Purchasing :)

Purchased in February 2017 at Baby Bunting for $399.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate you letting others know of your experience and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

The worst monitor

This monitor drives me nuts. Awful battery life and ALWAYS out of range. Our house isn’t even big and it’s constantly beeping out of range. Seriously a waste of $200+ and it’s not even a year old. Won’t be buying a second camera or another oricom again, when baby two comes along.

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $200.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss with you. Importantly, the unit includes a 3 year warranty, so we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Would not recommend- worst monitor

Firstly, i have been trying to get ahold of technical support for 6+ months.
This product was bought in April 2018, and by may it started saying “Out of Range”.
Every time we have used this monitor we have had to “Re pair” it, which is multiple times a day.
Not once has this product not said “Out of Range”.
As stated, this product is supposed to have 30 meters range, but i can not separate the camera and monitor more than 1 meter without it saying “Out of Range”.
Only today had technical support finally contacted me, and they told me that WIFI is the issue. This should not happen. If it was stated in the product information when bought that it was not WIFI comparable, I’m certain this product would not be bought ever. False advertisement.
Battery life never lasts either. Within an hour of use and being unplugged the battery is dead.
I would not ever recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in April 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $250.00.

Battery Life
Hi Isabella, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and importantly, environmental factors like WiFi which sit on the same channel space, could cause interference with your baby monitor. This is the same for all models and brands that sit in that channel space. Often, a simple change in the setup of the monitor will assist in increasing the range of the unit. The listed range of the SC850 is 150m is ideal conditions measured in line of sight. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team are well equipped to have the unit working as per your need. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.