Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

MPN: SC895

Baby Monitors Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of baby monitor would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.3

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
reviewer39

reviewer39

Great customer service, not so great product

Purchased at Baby Bunting for A$195.00.

Tania J.

Tania J.Perth, WA

Camera stops panning after 1 month

Camera stopped panning after a month. Googled to troubleshoot and found countless others with the same problem. Wouldn’t offer refund. Only replacement. When I asked if I could get a refund if the second camera fails I was told I was outside the purchase warranty for a refund (I purchased on sale in Nov 2019, baby born was in January 2020, we only started to use the Camera in May when baby moved to the cot.) I wish I had read the reviews prior to purchase.

Purchased in November 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$436.05.

CABHunter Region, NSW

Costumer service was not helpful at all!

I purchased this monitor for quite a lot of money, and the charging port at the back of the monitor has broken after only 4 weeks of being used. Oricom refuse to replace it even when under warranty. Very poor quality and horrible costumer service.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Tech SupportOricom

Thanks for your feedback. We would like to make contact with you to discuss this further. Please DM your details and we will get our support team to contact you directly. All the best Oricom Baby Care.

CAB

I’ve already spoken to Matt from costumer service and he refused to take any blame for the faulty product.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor compares to other Baby Monitors

Oricom Secure 895 baby monitor is absolutely useless and not worth the money you pay!

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$280.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Aly, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the product, and would love to assist you in this. Please message through your Support reference no. and Oricom Support will be in touch to resolve. Oricom Baby Care.

lpkustom

lpkustomHunter Region, NSW

Look elsewhere and save yourself the trouble!

We've had intermittent issues with this product where the receiver just doesn't receive a decent signal from the camera and all we hear is a loud crackling of static.
Stupidly we decided to purchase a second camera seeing as we already had the other one. Well the second camera won't even show a picture...the room is only 4 metres from where we are and we can't even get a signal. Absolute rubbish product and the fact that they are allowed to sell it at that price is a disgrace.
Save your money and look elsewhere. I wish we did.

Purchased in April 2020 at Baby Bunting Online store for A$295.00.

Jessie H

Jessie HSydney, NSW

A Dream For A Wriggly Kid

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$199.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Melissa J.

Melissa J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Baby Product I Own

This monitor has caused more stress than good. We are already onto our second monitor as the parent screen charger has stopped working. Tonight our new monitor has just stopped charger through the night and the screen has gone flat. Oricom make it very difficult to get a refund or exchange and instead ask questions like are you using the correct charging port and try to make it your fault that the product is faulty.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$200.00.

VickyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't bother

Monitor has terrible battery life. I feel like I constantly have to plug it in for it to work for a few hours which defeats the purpose of having a monitor if i can't take it with me half the time.
The lullabies barely work for baby to hear. It's also frozen a few times and it's brand new.
Wouldn't bother.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Vicky, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Vicky

Have just called to have ANOTHER monitor replaced. This is a joke and actually makes me feel unsafe that I cannot see my baby. This will be the third monitor I will be using in a matter of a few months.

Grey sun

Grey sunMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

May break, may not...

Device is ok to set up, the sensor pad is excellent - the parent monitor is prone to break, easier to deal with Oricom than with Baby Bunting. A bit complicated to deal with the support line, but they do ring back and work to resolve the issue. I've changed this review because they are doing the right thing by sending me out a new parent unit and battery - warranty good for 3 years. So let's hope this next one works longer than 4 months hey ? $100 per month of use.... sad really... buyer beware is all I'm saying...

Purchased in September 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$500.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience, but appreciate the review and feedback on your experience with Oricom Support. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

RachPerth, WA

Terrible monitor.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for A$219.00.

Rach

As I said above, some of us don't have time during the day to give you a call so it would've been easier to contact someone through email.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Rach, if you could send through your best email address and Oricom Support will be in touch. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Baby G

Baby GSydney

Would give -5 stars if possible

Tiny field of view. Doesn't look down at bub but can look at the ceiling. Constant feedback if you want sound on. Bright lights on monitor cant be turned off.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$290.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Really disappointed in this monitor

Really disappointed in this monitor. I have had the monitor for two years. The first time round I needed one replaced under warranty as the screen suddenly turned green after a few months and could not be fixed.
Everything worked fine and then Ive since had my second baby and the monitor freezes on an image regularly or the screen is entirely black. Also the charge lasts less then 5 minutes now. I also have the same issue with the sound and the lullaby being overly loud on the monitor but barely a noise in the babies room. Seems to be problem after problem with this monitor. Will be doing more research to go buy a different brand now!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for A$300.00.

Don't bother

Rubbish product - camera flicks from black and white to colour even in a fully lit room, lullabies can't be heard through the camera but are ridiculously loud through parent unit, if baby cries the sound is extremely muffled and hard to hear. I've called up and support have sent me a replacement camera which was worse than the first one and then a whole new unit which is equally bad so now they're 'testing' one before they're sending it to see if it's just the design or if there is an issue on my end (which I'm sure there's not).

Bottom line I wish I'd never bought the thing and I'll have to buy a different one before baby goes in his own room.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$499.00.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Regretful purchase

The lullabies/white noise and the left button don’t work. The display also keeps flickering between colour and black and white even though the room is well lit during the day.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Wiebe W.Perth, WA

Keep looking

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$364.00.

Wiebe W.

Will be calling today. Not because I have any hopes of fixing this dog of a product, but because baby bunting isn't authorised to allow Oricom returns until we have the tech support code you provide!

Love it this monitor

Great picture and sound quality! Love that I can move the camera around by pressing a button too. Never had any issues with it. Very easy to set up, camera connects to monitor automatically.

Purchased in February 2019.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Lucy, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback on the unit, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

"Dont bother with this Baby Monitor!!!"

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would ask the you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Clicking noise coming from machine

So disappointing with this monitor. first night using & had to turn off as all we kept hearing was buzzing and clicking sounds. Returning first thing Monday morning. Would not recommend.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Sharon, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would ask the you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sharon
Sharon

I have brought the monitor back to baby bunting. Expecting to hear about a full refund later today.

Melissa

MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Depends on which unit you get from the store

The first Oricom SC895 we purchased was broken - there was no sound and the zoom function did not work. We called Oricom, they were great and gave us a reference number to get it replaced from where we purchased it. The second monitor we got was much better however the sound is still of low quality and is very quiet and muffled. I wish we could turn the sound up further as I have to pay close attention to be able to hear the baby making sounds even when it is on maximum volume. It's possible we got another dud monitor but I cannot be bothered to go through the process of returning it again. The video itself is great, love the night vision and large screen. If the sound was louder I would give the monitor a higher rating.

Purchased in June 2019.

MotterNorth Queensland, QLD

Great unit

I love the unit but is there supposed to be any noise coming from the unit when there is no noise it’s like a buzzing sound I wouldn’t be able to sleep with this noise I’d have to have the volume off thanks

Motter

It’s coming from the main unit it’s like a fuzzy buzzing sound I thought there would be no noise unless there was a movement or bubs crying

Amy

Amyasked

My husband and I are trying to work out how to wall mount the camera. We’ve bought the wall mounting bracket from Oricom but unfortunately can’t figure out how it works and there were no instructions sent with the bracket. I’ve also checked the manual but no mention of wall mounting there. I have already emailed Oricom about this but haven’t received a reply as yet. I should probably mention that mounting the camera on the side of the cot is no longer an option now as our little man has been knocking it down.

Maddie
Maddie

We are having the same issue. We have bought the wall mount for the SC895 monitor but can’t figure out how the camera screws onto the wall mount either. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Jess

Jessasked

Just wondering why the camera zooms in so much, I have trouble trying to place it in the nursery to see my baby. Only option is to look directly at his face as it’s so zoomed in. Only gives you another option to zoom in even more.... is there a way to fix this as it’s becoming an issue as my baby gets bigger With limited places to set the camera up and your wall mounts aren’t very good. I think oricom needs to get with the times I bit better for all the money spent I find it a waste to be honest.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jess, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this with you, so please reach out to our locally based team on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot with you and assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Lucy

Lucyasked

The battery life Is shocking! It says it lasts 8 hours battery but doesn’t even last 2 hours!
Lullabies play from the Monitor rather than to the camera, that’s just pointless!

However, My biggest concern is the battery! Someone please contact me to replace or fix.

CAB

I had the sam issue before my monitor broke after only 4 weeks of being used. We had to have it plugged into the power so it wouldn’t run out through the night. My advice would be never to buy Oricom products. They are very poorly made.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Lucy, we are disappointed to hear of your experience and would love to troubleshoot with you to have the unit working as designed. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives