Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

RachPerth, WA

Terrible monitor.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting Online store for $219.00.

Rach

As I said above, some of us don't have time during the day to give you a call so it would've been easier to contact someone through email.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Rach, if you could send through your best email address and Oricom Support will be in touch. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Baby G

Baby GSydney

Would give -5 stars if possible

Tiny field of view. Doesn't look down at bub but can look at the ceiling. Constant feedback if you want sound on. Bright lights on monitor cant be turned off.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $290.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Really disappointed in this monitor

Really disappointed in this monitor. I have had the monitor for two years. The first time round I needed one replaced under warranty as the screen suddenly turned green after a few months and could not be fixed.
Everything worked fine and then Ive since had my second baby and the monitor freezes on an image regularly or the screen is entirely black. Also the charge lasts less then 5 minutes now. I also have the same issue with the sound and the lullaby being overly loud on the monitor but barely a noise in the babies room. Seems to be problem after problem with this monitor. Will be doing more research to go buy a different brand now!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for $300.00.

Don't bother

Rubbish product - camera flicks from black and white to colour even in a fully lit room, lullabies can't be heard through the camera but are ridiculously loud through parent unit, if baby cries the sound is extremely muffled and hard to hear. I've called up and support have sent me a replacement camera which was worse than the first one and then a whole new unit which is equally bad so now they're 'testing' one before they're sending it to see if it's just the design or if there is an issue on my end (which I'm sure there's not).

Bottom line I wish I'd never bought the thing and I'll have to buy a different one before baby goes in his own room.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $499.00.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Regretful purchase

The lullabies/white noise and the left button don’t work. The display also keeps flickering between colour and black and white even though the room is well lit during the day.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Wiebe W.Perth, WA

Keep looking

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $364.00.

Wiebe W.

Will be calling today. Not because I have any hopes of fixing this dog of a product, but because baby bunting isn't authorised to allow Oricom returns until we have the tech support code you provide!

Love it this monitor

Great picture and sound quality! Love that I can move the camera around by pressing a button too. Never had any issues with it. Very easy to set up, camera connects to monitor automatically.

Purchased in February 2019.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Lucy, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback on the unit, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

"Dont bother with this Baby Monitor!!!"

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would ask the you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Clicking noise coming from machine

So disappointing with this monitor. first night using & had to turn off as all we kept hearing was buzzing and clicking sounds. Returning first thing Monday morning. Would not recommend.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Sharon, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would ask the you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sharon
Sharon

I have brought the monitor back to baby bunting. Expecting to hear about a full refund later today.

Melissa

MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Depends on which unit you get from the store

The first Oricom SC895 we purchased was broken - there was no sound and the zoom function did not work. We called Oricom, they were great and gave us a reference number to get it replaced from where we purchased it. The second monitor we got was much better however the sound is still of low quality and is very quiet and muffled. I wish we could turn the sound up further as I have to pay close attention to be able to hear the baby making sounds even when it is on maximum volume. It's possible we got another dud monitor but I cannot be bothered to go through the process of returning it again. The video itself is great, love the night vision and large screen. If the sound was louder I would give the monitor a higher rating.

Purchased in June 2019.

MotterNorth Queensland, QLD

Great unit

I love the unit but is there supposed to be any noise coming from the unit when there is no noise it’s like a buzzing sound I wouldn’t be able to sleep with this noise I’d have to have the volume off thanks

Motter

It’s coming from the main unit it’s like a fuzzy buzzing sound I thought there would be no noise unless there was a movement or bubs crying

Livia

LiviaSydney, NSW

A perfect sized baby monitor which works amazingly well!

Purchased in February 2018.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Livia, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Leanne

LeanneDarling Downs, QLD

A big step up from previous models

Purchased in January 2019.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Leanne, thanks for the review and for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback on the Secure895. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Jess W

Jess WTumbarumba

Like having eyes in the back of my head.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Jess, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate all of the valuable feedback and for you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure895. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Simon

SimonPascoe Vale

Sets a new standard in Baby Monitoring

The latest monitor from Oricom sets the benchmark for all other cameras.
Easy to setup and control which plenty or settings to fine tune how you can monitor or not monitor your little ones while they sleep.
Set and forget, the camera, not the kids....
Great piece of mind for everyone!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Simon, thanks for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure895. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Danielle V

Danielle VBrisbane

The monitor all mamas need

I’m truly impressed with the new model of camera, it has everything I’ve asked for in a camera. I love the big screen for super easy viewing & I am in love with the fact that you can position and move the camera from the handheld device, so so handy. The monitor was seamless to set up and easy to understand. We a thoroughly happy with this monitor!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Danielle, thanks for the review. We are so glad to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to let others know. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Paige B.

Paige B.asked

I have the VOX setting on high, however my daughter has been crying during the night and the monitor doesn't light up to alert us. Usually my sons camera (oricom 850) 2 rooms away from her room picks up on the sound and lights up. Is this a fault as the monitor is useless if it isnt going to tell me when my baby is awake and crying, especially since our home is so big and our her room is at the opposite end of the house.

Also the parent handset freezes a lot! I will try look at it and its showing a black screen. I try to hold down the off button to restart it, however that doesnt work and I need to pull the battery out to make it work.

I thought this would be a step up from the 850 but its much worse!! Not happy!

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Paige, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Leilani H.

Leilani H.asked

How do you adjust the volume of the lullabies coming from the camera unit? The sound is inaudible in the nursery but is extremely loud from the parents' unit.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Leilani, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm AEST as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nic P.

Nic P.asked

Hi, is it possible to use the pan & tilt camera from the 850 as an additional camera for the 895?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Nic, thanks for the message. No, the SC850 camera unit will not connect to the SC895 parent unit. The CU895 is the additional camera unit, as this model includes the Motion Detection. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives