Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

A perfect sized baby monitor which works amazingly well!

Overall, the unit was super handy and easy to use. I love how the screen comes in a 5" size which is great for those who struggle to see the screen clearly. There are so many features which I am highly impressed with which includes the motion tilting camera, lullaby/white noise, auto tracking, parent talk back as well as the room temperature controls. It definitely gives me a peace of mind when it comes to using this particular unit because it's reliable and works amazingly well. I've seen so many baby monitors which struggle to give clear noises/sounds, however with the SC895 model, it's super clear enough to pick up on little things such as my baby's snoring habits. This baby monitor is definitely a favourite for our family to use because it's durable and you can tell it's built to last for a while.

Purchased in February 2018.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi Livia, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

A big step up from previous models

I've had a few monitors so far and this oricom SC895 has definitely taken baby monitoring to a new level.
Firstly the range is fantastic, and even at the other end of the house while I'm outside putting out the washing it doesn't drop out. Both the audio and picture are crystal clear and the talkback function works a treat.

The thing that really excites me about it though is the auto tracking function. Wow! I've set the monitor up in my little ones play room and wherever she roams, it automatically follows. It's a very neat feature.

Set up was a breeze, pretty much switch it on and go. You can also add more cameras so having one in the nursery and one in the play room works really well.

Another thing I love about it is there is no external antenna so there's no chance of breaking it (which I've done with one of my older model oricom monitors).

I'm not a huge fan of the "sound alarm" or "movement alarm" as they drown out any noise in the room while they're going but I can see there's a benefit for those who want to use this particular function.

The blue power light on the camera is quite bright when using it in a dark room - something to keep in mind if you're not keen on a night light. I'll be covering mine with a little piece of tape and voila, problem solved!

Overall a very handy monitor and one that outshines others I've used in the past. I'm really happy with it and it ticks all the boxes in our household.

Purchased in January 2019.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Battery Life
Hi Leanne, thanks for the review and for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback on the Secure895. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Like having eyes in the back of my head.

I must say, I am loving this little setup. I have recently moved to a duel storey home meaning most of the time my babies are upstairs and I’m downstairs (because the laundry just never stops). This unit has huge range, and hasn’t dropped out on me anywhere around my house. The picture and audio is surprisingly good, much better than other video monitors I’ve used in the past. I am especially surprised with the night vision, it’s really clear and doesn’t give the babies that creepy demon look that will freak you out at 3am.
It was super easy to set-up out of the box. Pretty much just plug in and go. Adding a second camera was just as easy. And I haven’t experienced any glitching or anything which is good.
I love the little features too, such as the music and white noise you can put on from the parent unit and also the button to talk to the babies, or to tell my older kids to get out and leave them sleep. The ability to pan the camera around and to add additional cameras works really well for us as we have twins. We can have them going between both cots, in the toyroom or anywhere else we need more than 4 sets of eyes.
Definitely a worthwhile investment I reckon.

Hi Jess, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate all of the valuable feedback and for you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure895. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sets a new standard in Baby Monitoring

The latest monitor from Oricom sets the benchmark for all other cameras.
Easy to setup and control which plenty or settings to fine tune how you can monitor or not monitor your little ones while they sleep.
Set and forget, the camera, not the kids....
Great piece of mind for everyone!

Hi Simon, thanks for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure895. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

The monitor all mamas need

I’m truly impressed with the new model of camera, it has everything I’ve asked for in a camera. I love the big screen for super easy viewing & I am in love with the fact that you can position and move the camera from the handheld device, so so handy. The monitor was seamless to set up and easy to understand. We a thoroughly happy with this monitor!

Hi Danielle, thanks for the review. We are so glad to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to let others know. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Thought to ask a question before leaving a negative comment. We woke up in the morning and found the parent unit screen is frozen! Received a replacement but same issues keep annoying us. We wouldn’t know if something happened to the baby next door whilst the unit is frozen and everyone were asleep. Isn’t the parent unit supposed to be turned on overnight??
Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team would love to discuss what is happening and work with you to provide a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Can you turn the lights off on the parent unit? They continue to flash up the side.
Hi Sally, thanks for the message. There is no way to have the sound sensitive light display turned off. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I recently purchased this monitor, and the lullabies/ white noise / vacuum setting all play the same song.... not white noise at all. Is there some way to do a factory reset to fix this? Or do I need to return it as faulty?
Hi Kahli, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to assist in working this out with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Similar listings