Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

Regretful purchase

The lullabies/white noise and the left button don’t work. The display also keeps flickering between colour and black and white even though the room is well lit during the day.

Purchased in April 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Battery Life
Hi Karen, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and assure you that these are out of the ordinary. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Keep looking

Why oh why are baby monitors so crap?

Bought this model after a poor experience with Vtech, and no better.

With two cameras connected, the parent unit doesn’t go to sleep, even in ‘VOX’

No split screen

Constant static buzzing from the unit, from both cameras

Very narrow field of view from the cameras - you NEED to pan around to see anything

Video image is pretty mediocre. Switches to B&W for anything less than full sunlight levels of light

User interface is straight out of the 90s

Buttons feel cheap and hollow. Bear in mind this isn’t a cheap unit...

Going back tomorrow.

I bought to upgrade from my aging Sony - which, despite being some 10 years older tech, beats this thing in every measure. Guess it will hang around a bit longer still.

Purchased in July 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $364.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Will be calling today. Not because I have any hopes of fixing this dog of a product, but because baby bunting isn't authorised to allow Oricom returns until we have the tech support code you provide!So after calling, and having to call back the next day because nobody bothered to answer or return our call, a totally disinterested phone attendant took detail on the model and serial number before handing over a replacement code. We don't want to replace it, we want to return in. So Baby Bunting, on discovering replacement and return are two different codes had to call, demanding the correct return code, which Oricom reluctantly gave, but only for the main unit, not the additional camera. Thankfully BB also just gave up on this basket case of customer service and returned our money. Under no circumstances will I buy anything Oricom again. Only thing worse than their product was their customer service.

Love it this monitor

Great picture and sound quality! Love that I can move the camera around by pressing a button too. Never had any issues with it. Very easy to set up, camera connects to monitor automatically.

Purchased in February 2019.

Battery Life
Hi Lucy, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback on the unit, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

"Dont bother with this Baby Monitor!!!"

Absolutely disappointed with the oricom SC895. Bought this unit yesterday and had issues with the display not showing up in colour. Lullaby was very low on the camera and very loud on the parent unit when adjusted. What parent would want to listen loudly to lullabies. Went back to Baby bunting and replaced for a new unit. Surprise surprise now this one has no sound from the actual camera. Oricoms only suggestion for no sound in the troubleshooting manual is to turn up the Volume??? People are not stupid, this is not a troubleshooting solution. We are very disappointed as I have an Oricom Video Monitor that is 11yrs old which I absolutely loved and was hoping to upgrade with this trusted brand again. Not sure if Oricom has dropped the ball on this monitor but clearly we must have bought a dud from a bad batch. Or this type of monitor needs to be removed and reviewed before selling to customers. Going back again tomorrow for money back as we have essentially lost out on the eofy sales, so thanks for that. We may get our returns on faulty goods but dont see any compensation on petrol and the time wasted for a mother that is due in 1 month time.

Video Quality
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would ask the you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Clicking noise coming from machine

So disappointing with this monitor. first night using & had to turn off as all we kept hearing was buzzing and clicking sounds. Returning first thing Monday morning. Would not recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting.

Hi Sharon, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear that and would ask the you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.I have brought the monitor back to baby bunting. Expecting to hear about a full refund later today.

Depends on which unit you get from the store

The first Oricom SC895 we purchased was broken - there was no sound and the zoom function did not work. We called Oricom, they were great and gave us a reference number to get it replaced from where we purchased it. The second monitor we got was much better however the sound is still of low quality and is very quiet and muffled. I wish we could turn the sound up further as I have to pay close attention to be able to hear the baby making sounds even when it is on maximum volume. It's possible we got another dud monitor but I cannot be bothered to go through the process of returning it again. The video itself is great, love the night vision and large screen. If the sound was louder I would give the monitor a higher rating.

Purchased in June 2019.

Hi Melissa, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issues experienced and at any time, if you would like to call and speak to a team member, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Great unit

I love the unit but is there supposed to be any noise coming from the unit when there is no noise it’s like a buzzing sound I wouldn’t be able to sleep with this noise I’d have to have the volume off thanks

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting.

It’s coming from the main unit it’s like a fuzzy buzzing sound I thought there would be no noise unless there was a movement or bubs cryingHi Motter, thanks for the message. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot this with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

A perfect sized baby monitor which works amazingly well!

Overall, the unit was super handy and easy to use. I love how the screen comes in a 5" size which is great for those who struggle to see the screen clearly. There are so many features which I am highly impressed with which includes the motion tilting camera, lullaby/white noise, auto tracking, parent talk back as well as the room temperature controls. It definitely gives me a peace of mind when it comes to using this particular unit because it's reliable and works amazingly well. I've seen so many baby monitors which struggle to give clear noises/sounds, however with the SC895 model, it's super clear enough to pick up on little things such as my baby's snoring habits. This baby monitor is definitely a favourite for our family to use because it's durable and you can tell it's built to last for a while.

Purchased in February 2018.

Battery Life
Hi Livia, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience, and we wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

A big step up from previous models

I've had a few monitors so far and this oricom SC895 has definitely taken baby monitoring to a new level.
Firstly the range is fantastic, and even at the other end of the house while I'm outside putting out the washing it doesn't drop out. Both the audio and picture are crystal clear and the talkback function works a treat.

The thing that really excites me about it though is the auto tracking function. Wow! I've set the monitor up in my little ones play room and wherever she roams, it automatically follows. It's a very neat feature.

Set up was a breeze, pretty much switch it on and go. You can also add more cameras so having one in the nursery and one in the play room works really well.

Another thing I love about it is there is no external antenna so there's no chance of breaking it (which I've done with one of my older model oricom monitors).

I'm not a huge fan of the "sound alarm" or "movement alarm" as they drown out any noise in the room while they're going but I can see there's a benefit for those who want to use this particular function.

The blue power light on the camera is quite bright when using it in a dark room - something to keep in mind if you're not keen on a night light. I'll be covering mine with a little piece of tape and voila, problem solved!

Overall a very handy monitor and one that outshines others I've used in the past. I'm really happy with it and it ticks all the boxes in our household.

Purchased in January 2019.

Battery Life
Hi Leanne, thanks for the review and for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback on the Secure895. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Like having eyes in the back of my head.

I must say, I am loving this little setup. I have recently moved to a duel storey home meaning most of the time my babies are upstairs and I’m downstairs (because the laundry just never stops). This unit has huge range, and hasn’t dropped out on me anywhere around my house. The picture and audio is surprisingly good, much better than other video monitors I’ve used in the past. I am especially surprised with the night vision, it’s really clear and doesn’t give the babies that creepy demon look that will freak you out at 3am.
It was super easy to set-up out of the box. Pretty much just plug in and go. Adding a second camera was just as easy. And I haven’t experienced any glitching or anything which is good.
I love the little features too, such as the music and white noise you can put on from the parent unit and also the button to talk to the babies, or to tell my older kids to get out and leave them sleep. The ability to pan the camera around and to add additional cameras works really well for us as we have twins. We can have them going between both cots, in the toyroom or anywhere else we need more than 4 sets of eyes.
Definitely a worthwhile investment I reckon.

Hi Jess, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate all of the valuable feedback and for you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure895. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Sets a new standard in Baby Monitoring

The latest monitor from Oricom sets the benchmark for all other cameras.
Easy to setup and control which plenty or settings to fine tune how you can monitor or not monitor your little ones while they sleep.
Set and forget, the camera, not the kids....
Great piece of mind for everyone!

Hi Simon, thanks for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure895. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

The monitor all mamas need

I’m truly impressed with the new model of camera, it has everything I’ve asked for in a camera. I love the big screen for super easy viewing & I am in love with the fact that you can position and move the camera from the handheld device, so so handy. The monitor was seamless to set up and easy to understand. We a thoroughly happy with this monitor!

Hi Danielle, thanks for the review. We are so glad to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to let others know. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, is it possible to use the pan & tilt camera from the 850 as an additional camera for the 895?
Hi Nic, thanks for the message. No, the SC850 camera unit will not connect to the SC895 parent unit. The CU895 is the additional camera unit, as this model includes the Motion Detection. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

From my understanding the vox setting is supposed to notify you of any noises in the room, for example coughing. I have turned mine on high sensitivity and turned the volume button on but when there was coughing all that happened was a red light flashed on the side and the only reason I knew my niece was coughing was because I was awake and could hear it though the wall, the noise didn’t come through the parent unit or alert me in any other way then a small red light (which only works on and off by the way) my brother has the oricom 720 and his alerts him by the screen turning on and the noise coming through the parent unit if there is movement or sound. This is the only reason we bought the monitor and it’s not going what was expected. Also does anyone else have problems with it being really zoomed in and having to set the camera up at the other end of the room just so you can get full view of the cot? We have it zoomed out as far as it can go and it’s set up on the other end of the room Basically on the ceiling and this is the only was we can see the whole cot (and by whole cot I Mean mostly just the mattress)
Hi Kate, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss the above with you. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

I just recently purchased this baby monitor and the camera won’t go very far to the right. It will go all the way left, up and down with no issues. I manually went in and moved it to see if there was any restrictions and it moved with ease and then it also started moving when used through the parent unit. Tried it again two hours later and it won’t go to the right again. Is anyone else having this issue?
Hi Martika, thanks for the message. For this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.