3Oricom Secure895 5" Video Baby Monitor

2.7
2.6
3.0

Poor experience

Very disappointed. I’ve had to send back two monitors that would not charge. While a quick turn around time was appreciated I felt silly after the first phone call when I didn’t understand what are meant by ‘parent unit’, yet she just kept repeating. I was then promised to be sent certain parts which were not delivered. Then asked if I still needed those parts after I followed up. Will not be buying again.
Oricom   DM

Hi Kate, sorry to hear of your experience. We will pass this along to the team. If you would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to give us a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST.

kat
katSydney, NSW

Jkkd
JkkdPerth, WA5 posts

Oricom   DM

Thanks for your review. We believe the warranty period has expired on your product, hence the quotation for a replacement parent unit. However, please private message your details and we will contact you to discuss your options.

TheBentleys
TheBentleys

Lexie
Lexie

Terrible product!!

Do not buy!
Will be nothing but issues, charger cord becomes faulty, very quite parent unit and overall not a great monitor and camera. Show details
Julia
JuliaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Parent monitor constantly breaks

AVOID AVOID AVOID! This monitor is a complete waste of money. We've had ours for 3.5 years and have had the parent unit replaced 3 times. The design of the charging port is faulty and we've had 3 parent units break because of this and 1 where the picture suddenly went black. Now we're out of the 3 year warranty period and the unit has broken again (surprise, surprise!) so we've had to buy a new monitor. This time I went with Vtech which is going well so far. Show details
Matilda
Matilda

Love this monitor it’s perfect for our two children

Clear coloured picture, great sound and always reliable. Highly recommend! Show details ·  1
Jenn
JennQueensland3 posts

Waste of money

Would not recommend…. Picture is not clear…. VOX is not sensitive enough…. Picture doesn’t stay on for long enough when screen has been activated. I’ve owned a couple of monitors in my life and this one’s the worst one I’ve owned! on the hunt for a new one as my son vomited last night some time and the monitor didn’t pick it up!
Sarah
Sarah

Great camera quality

I love this monitor as it allows me to view both my children in different rooms. It has great video quality and I can move the cameras from the monitor and talk through it which are handy features.

The charging unit however isn’t the best as it needs to be connected to the charger all the time, meaning it’s moved a lot. This has caused the charging unit to become loose and not charge properly. Show details ·  1

Jackeline M.
Jackeline M.Sydney, NSW

Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the feedback and taking the time to let others know of your experience. Wishing you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Alistair
Alistair South East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Poor design

Camera doesn't go down far enough.
Battery only good for around 5 hrs.
If you use the lullabies the sound on the monitor is deafening so you have to mute it which defeats the purpose.
The monitor charger is a silly design that we've found damages the unit as it only fits in one way and in the middle of the night when it's dark and your tired becomes an issue.
Picture quality isn't great especially in low light. Show details
Bnot1
Bnot1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Not safe for 2 or more kids

The only way you can have this setup for more than one child/room is to have it on the scan mode to flick every 15 seconds back and forth.
I don't believe this is safe as what if you miss something in the other room during the scan time. I am really really disappointed as I have spent a large sum of money on this and too anxious to put my newborn in her room.
 Show details
KateMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great monitor

Perfect coverage of the room, you can manoeuvre itto suit where you child is within the cot, also has motion detection.
The audio and image quality are great
Very reliable
Easy set up
Only down fall to the device is when trying to mount the device so you can see your child there is no where you can attach to wall/crib your only real option is to have a table etc nearby  Show details ·  1
Sheridan
SheridanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor quality!!

Stopped working 5 months after we got it due to the charging in the parent unit. Used it until we couldn’t no more, got a replacement and within 2 months the same thing has happened. Wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. Customer service at oricom was good but don’t have the time to keep sending back faulty monitor and paying for delivery cost to return. Show details
LeeG
LeeGPerth, WA2 posts

Shocking, terrible, disgusting product

We are now on to our second one after the shop blamed user error the first time. The second one now only 5 months old has about a week to go until it is also worthless. I sent an email to Oricom support after reading the reviews to give them a chance but after a response asking for proof of purchase we have not heard back. Please buy a different brand and save yourself the headaches. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Yasha S.
Yasha S.

Hi, we have the secure 870, realised now that the camera won’t work without electricity. We had a power cut, luckily it was during the day so I was close to my baby’s room. If it happens at night and the baby needs me, I won’t know as are rooms are further apart. Can something be done to help? I am anxious of power cut at night and my baby crying for help.

Oricom   DM

Hi Yasha, thanks for the message. All of the cameras in the Oricom range are mains powered, which means they will need a constant power supply in order to function. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nicky
Nicky

Is anyone else having trouble with the 895 monitor stand? I have called Orocom and had this replaced a few times now, it’s like it gets stuck and then one last pull of the stand it just loosens and now has no tension on it so won’t stand up without falling. Also hate the charging port. This monitor is doing my head in. Just wondering whether they are going to change the design of the stand? And am I going to have to call Orocom for a replacement every time this happens?

Stephen W.

Guys I bought the S895 and bought an additional camera why does the camera that came with the monitor have a screw mount and the additional camera does not I was pretty annoyed when I opened the box to use it with our new born and one fits on the stand I have purchased and the other will not why the inconsistency and how do I get a additional one with a screw mount on the bottom

Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to rectify this with you, so please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you with this. All the best, Oricom.

Stephen W.

That’s not really an answer I rang ur help line 20 minute wait maybe give me a part number of the correct camera with screw mount so I can order it

CategoryBaby Monitors
Price (RRP) $279
TypeVideo & Audio
Features2-way Communication, Ambient Sounds, Infrared Camera, Lullabies and Room Temperature Monitor
Screen Size 5"