Origin Solar

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (6) · No (99)
  • Purchase Price$5,940.19

This is an excellent job that is useful for our economic life

All work was done in the best conditions, quickly and in high quality, with great cooperation.
The work team gave us all the necessary explanations and how the system works correctly .

Humdinger
HumdingerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Attempted to consider Origin Solar, failed.

Hiren R.OriginSend a private message
Shane
ShaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best thing we have done

Every thing when very smoothly extremely happy with the service from start to finish. Mahee was very helpful and explained everything along the hole journey. Would be very happy to recommend origin energy to all of our friends.

Everything went really well. Origin are technically superior

Origin supplied my solar system. I am very happy with the result and could not fault their management of the whole process. They have an excellent grasp of all technical issues and all of my questions were answered quickly which made me confident about them. Their handling of all legal and contractual details was first class. Very happy to recommend Origin

Find out how Origin Solar compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Really happy with quote, payment plan and installation

PeterSydney, NSW

Beware Origin charges extras over and above the written solar quote

Peter

see separate email just sent

Riggs
RiggsNorthern Region, NSW

Very happy with the whole process.

From initial contact to final installation the whole process was simple and trouble free. I live in a rural area and they used local trades to do the installation which I thought was excellent.

Easy to deal with and well joined up from sales through to installation and turning on.

Phil was very helpful over the phone and clearly had all necessary views of my roof to design and quote. I thought the price was great.
The Brad and his installation team were also excellent. Following the installation I received efficient emails from Origin about the meter replacement and that again was done efficiently and Mark who did that replacement even switched the system on for my first generation.
It all went very smoothly end to end.

Stg
StgSydney, NSW

Fantastic solar installation

Dealing with Origin was easy, and the consultant explained the entire process. Documentation was sent as promised that was easy to understand. The installers did a neat job and the panels have been working great

Excellent and hassle free

Been with Origin for many yrs. They have outdone themselves this time with their help and advice on solar installation. Job well done. Very professional advice from Tarun,very supportive.And installers were on time and professional in their work.

Baran y.
Baran y.

Stay away from origin solar

I signed up with origin to install solar. 6 weeks passed after email exchanges finally a technician dropped by for site visit. He told me he needs to drill through the wall and said wall has asbestos and quoted me over $2000 to make a hole on the wall. That is such a bad management and wasted my time + I lost government rebate as I signed with them before 1st of Jan 2022. This is my 3rd solar installation and never experienced such a poorly managed process.

Solar panel installation

The whole process was simple and straightforward. Isaac explained the procedure very clearly. He was also very approachable and made it seem that i was talking to a friend. Isaac even made sure to contact me once I've submitted my application process.

OriginOriginSend a private message

Hi Andrew, thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. It is great to hear everything went smoothly for you. Thanks - Amanda

Eliza M.
Eliza M.Hunter Region, NSW

Excellent assistance

Tarun was extremely helpful in organising and discussing my different options with me. When there was an unforeseeable issue during install Tarun again assisted in getting me the best option. Installation has been delayed due to covid and poor weather but they are unavoidable issues.

Paul S.
Paul S.South East Queensland, QLD

Professional and Helpful

David Armson was very professional, helpful and friendly to deal with when he was onsite doing the quote. Very knowledgeable, provided great advise and answered all my question, so i recommend David to anyone.

Solar

Price was very competitive compared with local installers, very happy with the quote and the service the solar sale consultant (Habeeb ) give us . Highly recommending origin as a long term customer.

Bryan05asked

looking at solar but are these reviews for real? Origin should be shot by treating customers this way. How about offering a genuine service and not screwing people

Rob S.
Rob S.

While reading these reviews, I'm getting an add for Infinite Energy, 68 reviews @ over 4/5 rating. That's all I know. Not sure where they operate though.

Bryan05

thanks Rob, it appears Origin Energy have more interest in ripping off there own customers

Stephen A.
Stephen A.asked

As an existing customer, would like to inquire about quotation on installing suitable solar panels...
We have a solar panel person from another company, giving us a quote to pay off ….

OriginOriginSend a private message

Hi Stephen, sure thing! You can see all of our solar info and request a quote on our website here; https://bit.ly/2QVYLAk. Otherwise, feel free to email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Cheers - Renee.

Wade
Wadeasked

It seems that most problems are the cheap inverters or a policy that uses refurbished inverters. The premium plus line uses high end Trina panels and Fronius inverters. Does anyone have feedback on this? The 25c rebate, good panels/inverter and good price is still tempting.

maxi12
maxi12
OriginOriginSend a private message

Hi Wade, thanks for reaching out to us. If you've got any solar questions or want more info to help with your decision, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, so we can have a dedicated Case Manager reach out to you. Thanks - Renee.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers