Origin Solar

1.5

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (21)
  • Purchase Price$6,419.55
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

HelenDickson 2602, ACT

Terrible Origin solar customer service!

Trustworthiness
Helen

Thanks for your quick reply. You can have my contact details via your customer system with case number 00154799. Thanks

10 months, no rebate

Install of panels: moved planned roof install and reduced by 3 panels.
Quality of install: not square on the roof, having waterfall issues over the gutter line.
Quality of product: inverter shuts down in the rain
Origin new connection: took over 10 months to sign up as a new customer and get feed in tarrifs
Overall, pretty disappointed of paying top dollar for a reputable company to do a below average job.

Cat lady

Cat ladyBelconnen 2615, ACT

Panels useless!!!

Solar panels on the roof just sitting there not being used for more than 3 months since installation. Not one person to talk to to! We did everything we were told to do but still issues are not resolved up to this date. Sales did not inform us of full requirements and full cost involved in installing the solar. Operations and other teams not talking to each other. Subbie just installed panels and then told us it wont work. A few electricians came and went for the meter upgrade but left without doing anything and none pointed out the real issue. Already paying for something USELESS. NOT HAPPY!!!

Ahmad

Solar Panels Installation

LJGDuffy 2611, ACT

Origin Solar is a Joke

Lourdes L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not bother getting it

I wish I had known it is all a con, I’m worth off after getting Solar it tuck them over 4 months to install , and when it was switched on to the grit they put the rates up so much I have lost the 12 cents I would get with solar. Buyers beware don’t waste your money putting solar, it’s a big con.

Lourdes L.

Sorry but what would be the point of doing it, I emailed the ombudsman, and you have done nothing to revert the tariffs.

Origin E.Origin

If you've raised this with the ombudsman, you'll be assigned a Case Manager that will work towards a resolution with you - Vanessa.

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Massive price variation (+20%) after installers visited & very slow process

Joe Vartuli

Joe Vartuli

Still waiting for solar panels

Got a quote from OriginSolarNSW singed contact on 11.12.2019 still waiting.Install contractor said to upgrade switch board first then fit solar panels after many phone calls to origin & emails not getting any where so as far I’m concerned I quit let origin contact me I have not paid any money

Outdoors_Guy

Outdoors_GuySydney, NSW

Product OK, service terrible

Be aware you are dealing with offshore call centres, not local services, support is negligible. i had an issue and could no speak to anyone. They call back at inconvenient times on private numbers. Been on hold for hours, cannot communicate by email (they dont want stuff in writing) and cannot book a time to discuss. I didn't want to pay bill until issue fixed. They avoid talking with you, put a black mark on your credit history and don't close account, even when you've paid it so it stays as an active line of credit. Can't go to another electricity provider because of credit mark - seems like solar is a scam to keep you hooked in with them.

TasawwurSydney, NSW

The Worst ever service I got in Australia until now.

System Size5.28 KW
Origin E.Origin

We are sorry for this experience, Tasawwur. If you'd like us to have our Solar team contact you, please email us with the requested info - Vanessa.

Avg at best

Avg at bestCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Efficient service

Recently had a 5.8kw system installed through origin. The whole process was seen less. Things got done when they said it would get done. Especially the meter upgrade, I was told it would take 20 business days but it was done within a week. Pays to sign up with the bigger companies. Highly recommend.

Origin E.Origin

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to send through this review. We're really glad to hear everything went smoothly with your solar installation and it was connected faster than anticipated :) Have a great night - Vanessa.

Left hand doesn't talk to right hand

Park Y.

Park Y.South East Queensland, QLD

Causing roof leaks

I have a tiled roof. Had solar installed and after rain, leak stains begging to appear after 2 years from installation date. I had foil insulation so I didn’t know where the leaks were coming from. I went into the roof and ripped out the foil to find mould and dampness directly under the mounts. Made a complaint and they said they couldn’t do anything as they had a 2 year workmanship warranty so now I have to repair damage myself which is going to cost heaps. I find out through research that it wasn’t installed properly as they didn’t grind down the tiles to make it fit flush. They took the shonky installation option.

Just to get this reply it took me 3 goes at contacting them on half hour hold times.

Also expensive system for low output.

ShanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic

Signed contract 2 months ago. Still no news .. paid extra as I thought of a big company but they turned out pathetic!!! When I call them they said .. please wait.. it seems I might have the system in next 10 months!!!

they promised fix price but this morning a lady called me and asking for extra money .. I have a brand new house but they still found something so I have to pay extra !!! I called their supplier and they said they have no control as Origin didnt provide green light to them yet!!!

One word for their service .. pathetic

Origin E.Origin

Hi Shan, we're very sorry to hear you haven't been contacted back. Please forward your email through to us again and we can make sure it's being looked into for you. Thanks - Vanessa.

Get quotes

Worst service imaginable. Avoid at all costs.

All of the reviews here are accurate. Do not sign up with them. Now more than 2 months in and I am no closer to having installed. Call up numerous times to get update, they blame the installer and say they are waiting for response from them. I try to explain that I am engaging with Origin to install it and it is unacceptable to pass the buck. I accept that they engage subcontractors, but if you cannot control that relationship don't offer the service. They cannot offer a timeline they just say sorry and accept no responsibility. Absolute joke.

Jethro B

Thanks, I have emailed last night. Hope to hear back soon and the communication picks up!

John

John

Wish I'd read the reviews first!

Installation

Andy

AndyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Poor form

Paul

PaulSydney

Big business, inaccurate advertising on web, poor service!

Bryan05asked

looking at solar but are these reviews for real? Origin should be shot by treating customers this way. How about offering a genuine service and not screwing people

Origin E.Origin

Hi Bryan, we'd love to chat to you about our solar and get the chance to change your opinion of us. If you'd like our Solar team to get in touch with you, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your full property address and contact details. Thanks - Vanessa.

Rob S.
Rob S.

While reading these reviews, I'm getting an add for Infinite Energy, 68 reviews @ over 4/5 rating. That's all I know. Not sure where they operate though.

Bryan05

thanks Rob, it appears Origin Energy have more interest in ripping off there own customers

Stephen A.

Stephen A.asked

As an existing customer, would like to inquire about quotation on installing suitable solar panels...
We have a solar panel person from another company, giving us a quote to pay off ….

Origin E.Origin

Hi Stephen, sure thing! You can see all of our solar info and request a quote on our website here; https://bit.ly/2QVYLAk. Otherwise, feel free to email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Cheers - Renee.

Wade

Wadeasked

It seems that most problems are the cheap inverters or a policy that uses refurbished inverters. The premium plus line uses high end Trina panels and Fronius inverters. Does anyone have feedback on this? The 25c rebate, good panels/inverter and good price is still tempting.

maxi12
maxi12

Mine was a fronius replaced with a new fronius galvo but the warranty is from the first one. They do not give you a new warranty. I would not get solar again as the AC isolators have a 2yr warranty and inverter 10 years if you are lucky as my first one was 5yrs. Add this on to your cost of the system and in my case means i will be lucky to ever get my money back even with 51c FIT. The cost of my electricity just about equals the solar meter charge and the solar supply charge per day. After nearly 9 years mine has not paid for itself and i am on my second fronius inverter. Origin did not handle my warranty claim well and i had to wait 6 weeks for replacement. As my inverter was $2000 plus very expensive callout charges to assess the problem, the bigger the system the dearer the inverter. E.g. $1999 for 1kw system. Check replacement costs before deciding on size of system. I would also put the panels on the ground facing north and keep them off your house roof. And make sure your inverter is in the shade.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Wade, thanks for reaching out to us. If you've got any solar questions or want more info to help with your decision, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, so we can have a dedicated Case Manager reach out to you. Thanks - Renee.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers