Orthokinetic Mattress Range

Splendour, Grandeur, Nimbus, etc...

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Natasha
NatashaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Appalling Quality

We purchased this mattress just over 12 months ago from Amart. The bed began to sag on both sides after 8 months. Complained to Sleepeeze & was told it was normal impressions. Still in the process of disputing the matter with them. DO NOT buy. Complete waste of money

Purchased in April 2020.

Luc B.
Luc B.South East Queensland, QLD

Firm but comfy

Bought the Octavia Support queen from Amart for $1600 which is a saving on the full price and put the mattress on par with the online mattress in a box offers. slept on for 3 weeks now and I find it good quality and firm but still comfortable.

Purchased in April 2021.

Jessica
JessicaQueensland

Horrible

This mattress should come with a complimentary box of Valium because I can assure you will need it.
DO NOT BUY!
Extremely uncomfortable and causes terrible back, neck and shoulder pain.
Overpriced Chinese rubbish.

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,500.00.

NicoleWestern Australia

Orthokinetic - CHINA Made Garbage

Purchased in January 2018 at Amart Furniture for $1,800.00.

Tristy
TristyGold coast

Piece of garbage for an expensive mattress

Within a week of purchasing the fabric started pilling. Went to amart as it’s promoted as anti pilling. Told it was normal. Went back a month later as mattress continued pilling. Two years later and the top layer of fabric has disintegrated. Plus the mattress is sagging. Tried to claim warranty with manufacturers but told not covered and it’s our problem. Absolute piece of garbage. Do not buy.

Purchased for $3,000.00.

Konda
KondaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gets too hot!

Bought this bed from AMart 5 years ago. Worst bed ever! Do not buy! Read the reviews!
Weighs a ton to rotate
Gets too hot and I get woken up due to the heat
Heat is also affecting the skin on my back, arms, calves
Despite having a long walk everyday, tired, cannot have a decent sleep. End up in the 3 seater lounge in the early hours of the day to catch up on my sleep.
Since I travelled a lot in the past (nearly 3 years), could avoid sleeping on the bed. With prevailing COVID conditions, it is becoming difficult to have a decent night’s sleep
Regret for not doing the homework by reading the reviews
Do not want to spend any more $ to top up with all fancy stuff!

Purchased at Amart Furniture for $1,500.00.

Fadi N.
Fadi N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of the worst mattress

I been having to many problems with my back because of this mattress I don’t not recommend it to anyone
over price
Bad company service
And when you call telling them you have problems they’ll tell you because it’s new mattress you need time to get used to it

Purchased in March 2020 at Amart Furniture.

Melissa C.
Melissa C.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst matress ever.

Worst matress ever. Have never had issues with a bed before.. Until this! Both my husband and I wake up in pain. This does not happen when we sleep elsewhere. Terrible sleep every night. Wish I had read reviews before buying. Do NOT BUY THIS BED.

Purchased in April 2018 at Amart Furniture for $1,500.00.

craz kids l.
craz kids l.Perth, WA

After nearly 7 years this beautiful mattress looks brand new and feels as good as it did on day 1

My mum bought this mattress 6-7 years ago and absolutely loves it!! There's no dips or dents anywhere on the mattress it looks and feels brand new still. she fractured her spine 8 years ago so she suffers chronic back pain and has never been able to sleep on another bed since. My mum recently had to get a smaller bed so she made sure she got the same mattress but in the King single instead of the queen size that she had. So to anyone looking at these reviews please take into account that everyone is different and we all like different things so don't only go on the 1 star reviews.

Purchased in August 2014 for $1,599.00.

Renata.S
Renata.SSouthwest, VIC

Mattress of my dreams

At the age of 63, having lower back degenerative discs, also shoulder & hip problems, i needed to buy a good quality mattress. The Orthokinetic Prestige Opulence has givin me everything i needed. It has great inner support, with the the top feeling like a cloud. I really do sleep better than i ever have before. It is a 50cm thick quality mattress, but this is were all the inner support is. I personally highly recommend this mattress.

Purchased in October 2019 for $2,050.00.

Phillip
PhillipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Back pain after 18 months.

Two years into owning this, my wife and I are in crippling back pain at the end of a night’s sleep. The company have said 1) its normal and 2) its the buyers fault for choosing it.

The issues arose 18 months in.

Purchased in January 2019 at Amart Furniture QLD.

Don’t get worried by the bad reviews

I was having back issues and suffer from insomnia so went to find a new mattress. Lay on must have been 20 different mattresses, found the ortho kinetic Arlo medium to feel super comfortable and supportive in the shop so bought it. Got home and looked it up and was shocked at all the negative reviews it had. But I’ve had it a couple of weeks and love it. I always put a mattress topper on all new mattresses I get until they are worn in a little. I’m really happy with it!

Purchased in August 2020 at Amart Furniture.

Never again

I bought this matress 4 years ago ,i dont know how they give it a 12 year warranty
It started to sag about 12 mths ago so i spent $800 on a mattress topper and it has made absolutely no difference, i am now going to try and see what the warranty is actually worth
Nothing i bet

Purchased in September 2016 at Amart Furniture QLD, Helensvale for $1,699.00.

Aussiebloke34
Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Love my bed

Purchased in January 2017 at Amart Furniture.

Peter and kathy
Peter and kathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent comfort

Had this mattress 3 years. We tried the firm but changed to this medium as firm was way too hard for us. This is a great mattress and doesn’t get hot. We tried a different brand but it became very hot during night. We are still happy with this one after 3 years and and still comment to each other how good it is

Purchased in July 2017 at Amart Furniture.

Pam S.
Pam S.asked
Support Firm

I'm seriously concerned reading the reviews after just spending a lot of money on one of the mattresses why are they still for sale if they are so bad

vyonne
vyonne

Hi Pam, I’ve had mine for nearly 3 months and I love it. I’ve bought the Apollo plush, which is soft though cause I hate hard beds, so not sure what you want. Yes, you do have to rotate the mattress every two weeks, like every mattress, to make sure you don’t get uneven sinking or uneven wear. I’ve done that with every mattress I’ve ever owned. My sales lady told me if I had any problems, the store manager would take back my mattress and give me a new one until I was satisfied, whether this is true or not, I don’t know, but it sold me.

Jessica Hulm
Jessica Hulm

hi i just got this exact mattress and i feel like first nights sleep it is way way way harder then the one i tried in store.... did you find this??

Samantha M.
Samantha M.

I had the same problem, finding the mattress super hard compared to the shop one, does it soften after time?

Bev Sasked
Mattress Range

We are in the process of ordering a New Orthokinetic Octovia mattress, is this a New Style as I can't see any listing for this particular one??? Also any feed back on the comfort & support would be appreciated.

Di and terry

It is 3 years old it started to sink after about 18mths, the warranty doesn't cover sinking if you read the fine print the 10 year warranty is a joke
I had to put a mattress topper on it which cost me $700 for a decent one
The 100 day sleep guarantee is another joke they told me you have to wait at least 3 mths for the body to adjust then it just became to much of a hassle to change it you have to pay for it to be picked up and for it to be redelivered and if there is a price difference
I am now going to by a sleeping duck after my friend swears by hers at half the price even if it lasts the same amount of time its worth it

Bev S

Thank's so much for your reply, I think we might have to look at something else

Nicole

Dont buy this brand - made in China!! And like all chinese products its absolute garbage. So uncomfortable, we wake with back pain every day.
Buy Sealy or Sleepmaker or any other Aussie made brand...

Annemarie Biffin
Annemarie Biffinasked
Support

I’m really concerned after reading these reviews about a very expensive orthokinetic support mattress I purchased . Sept 2020. I was unaware of all the issues that folk have experienced - including needing to turn mattress fortnightly fir first three months !! Dies anyone have anything positive to say re these support mattresses also I noticed some of the review are older than 2020 have they improved since then as in has the company making them made changes to the problem ? . Regards Annenarie

Nicole

They are made in China and absolutely the worse overpriced mattress.
No positives at all.

See all Orthokinetic Mattress Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Orthokinetic representatives

Compare all 58 Orthokinetic Mattress Range
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Type Gel Memory Foam and Pocket SpringGel Memory Foam and Pocket SpringGel Memory Foam and Pocket SpringGel Memory Foam and Pocket Spring
FirmnessFirmFirmSoftSoft
SizeQueenKingQueenKing
Thickness32 cm32 cm39 cm39 cm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Release dateSept 2013Sept 2013Sept 2013Sept 2013