5Oscar Neo DA-1000

3.8

62 reviews · Statistics

66% · 4116 · 26%

Noise Level
See the Best Juicers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Aye Z.
Aye Z.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Sturdy and reliable

I have had this juicer for almost 7 years. Haven’t a had a single problem. Been juicing at least once a day. I love this juicer and I don’t mind the slowness, makes the process more satisfying to watch! Show details
C Roman
C RomanQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my Oscar Juicer

I have had 8 years of great juicing with my Oscar Neo DA 1000 and equally great service from Vitality 4 Life. Easy to operate, easy to clean and juice tastes great! Show reply
Valentin P.12 posts
Suzanne D.
Suzanne D.

Please don't waste your money

I was told they were the best juicer so I bought 3 - one for myself and my 2 children.
I am very disappointed as it is the worst juicer I have used.
It is very slow and leaks around where the barrel joins to the machine
Also all builds up in the chute and takes ages to go through the bottom grate - with much use of the pusher. All the pulp fills the barrel. I find it goes better if I take the end off.
I just expected a lot better as my friend has an upright juicer and it is so much better.
Guess I will have to learn from my mistake and save up for a better one.
My children are also very disappointing and said she has just put it in the back of the cupboard.
It juices carrot OK but that is all. Show details
Jo S.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

DA-1000 Juicer

The DA-1000 is a poor cousin to the last Oscar we owned for 15 years without the problems with the attachments breaking.
Mind you the first one we bought gave my husband an electrical jolt and had to be replaced.
We have had this one for a couple of years and have been thru 3 strainers and now the drum has cracked. Not very impressed with this model. We juice everyday, love our juices and take care of our juicing machine. But this one just isn’t up to scratch with issues of the attachments breaking. Trying to procure the attachments sometimes is not easy either as there has been times that there has been no stock in Australia and we have had to wait. Show details

Purchased another strainer and within 3 days it cracked. Not happy Jan

Sharon J
Sharon J10 posts

Disapointed in ANOTHER broken strainer - Problem Fixed !

I have had this juicer for a year now and use it everyday!! I even take it on holidays, we love our juice that much. I am however disapointed that I have now had to buy 5 strainers in the last year. The second time it broke we were told that this was because I was using it incorrectly, NO, it is poor design when something that should be strong and sturdy is not! I try everything not to break it but this is just too much! Very disapointed in this factor of the machine as otherwise it is great machine Show details ·  3
Nessie
NessieSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA23 posts

Efficient compact juicer

We bought this juicer about six months ago after quite a bit of research, and decided it looked to be the best value for money.
We were right! It is powerful and very effective at getting the most liquid out of just about anything.
The pulp is dry and compact, and perfect for our two worm farms and our compost bins.
It has a small footprint for something this effective, and is relatively easy to clean as long as you don't let pulp dry on the filter. May not take large chunks of veg like some others, but I think this helps it to get the most out of our produce.
Would buy again Show details ·  1
Jaimi E
Jaimi EVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Great juicer!

Haven't used all the other attachments but am loving it for its cold press juicing capabilities. Been juicing every morning and making 1 litre of juice from celery, carrots, apples etc and it juices with ease. Show details ·  1
Dan
DanQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD22 posts

Great cold press juicer but bulky

Bought this juicer way back when all the fads for juicing was all over. As advertised, this juicer works like a charm when it comes to "cold press" juicing. It actually juices everything that we could think of in there and it dries the pulp almost dry.

It has a lot of other nozzles and another processing strainer to make stuff like peanut butter and stuff but never used it so I can't comment on how great it is.

Qualms with this juicer is that it is bulky and heavy. Too many parts to assemble and disassemble to use and clean. It's been on storage for years now and haven't used it due to this.

Bernadette
BernadetteBallina4 posts

used to be good

As per other reviews the strainer is an issue , the lifespan in our house ( 2 adults 1 juice per day) seems to be about a month. The new strainer , although it fits appears to be not compatible with the older machine , (yet this is what is offered by them)

A Sydney Plumber
A Sydney PlumberNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Excellent product

My Father has stage 4 cancer,

I have been using the juicer to assist him with mineral and vitamin intake. It's so easy to clean, assemble and work. You need to understand that this is not a commercial machine. This machine has no issues to produce 1-litre per day. I am so thankful that I have purchased this machine. It will heat up but that's normal for a 1000w machine. People complain about the thin diameter of the intake tube. Guys its there to stop us from overloading the machine.

Cat
Cat

Juicer sits idle unable to find spare part!

The juicer works perfectly but the strainer part keep falling appart into pieces. Changed two in the past not bothering with the warranty. Now I am unable to find the part in Australia. it appears there are two types of strainer nowadays: an old version and a new one which are incompatible with each other. The only part available down here is the new one. Therefore in order for me to use the juicer again I have to purchase the whole front end of the juicer which is about $200. Or i have to rely on some relatives in UK where the old version of the strainer is still available on vitality for life website and from there shipped to Australia. It has been the crappiest experience ever buying this product. Do yourselves a favor and shop around.

Julie.W
Julie.WRedcliffe28 posts

Good juicer BUT!!!

Good juicer although strainer broke after 4 years. Carrots was the culprit apparently going through to quickly, luckily they replaced it and I only had to pay $20 postage as I couldnt find my reciept. I'm thankful for that as I've heard not too good reports on warentee or service. Seems they have truely updated their policy.

AJM
AJM

Best Juicer Ever

So easy to use and clean up and squeezes every last drop from my wheatgrass, fruit and vege. I love my Oscar and I use it every day. It's quiet and fast and really efficient. I highly recommend this fabulous machine to anyone serious about retaining the nutrients in their juice.

Rob
Rob5 posts

Best purchase ever

Absolutely love this juicer. Had mine for 4-5 yrs and still using it constantly. Best purchase ever. Very quiet, very quick & easy to clean. Very good for juicing Kale & all other leafy greens. Excellent for making Pineapple juice. You will absolutely love it if you purchase it .

Rochelle
Rochelle

Hi, Having issues removing the entire juicing parts from body after juicing. the circular screw turns and the plastic clear sleeve (this is a horizontal Oscar) loosens but the central plastic auger is stuck and won't budge. It's happened twice and I've wriggled it and eventually come out but can't get it out this time

Valentin P.

you could clean it as shown here:
or use some vegetable oil

KiwiFella
KiwiFella

Absolutely delighted with the Oscar. (DA900)
However, we have just trued to remove the juice from Raspberries and it seized up solid. Was VERY difficult to undo the take apart pieces.
Any experiences with Raspberries would certainly be of interest. Otherwise, yes, Id certainly recommend this brand of juicer, it's been a gem and well worth anyone who is considering a GOOD cold pressed type juicer.

Joanne
Joanne

I have had my Oscar Neo for about 2 years now and love it, use it every day, but I find the open/close gets extremely stiff to turn. I have tried running a fine cloth between the two edges which does help to a degree but stiffens again after a couple of uses. Is there something that can be sprayed lightly between the two parts to keep it moving smoothly. Jo

Valentin P.

You coud use vegetable oil, or use a screwdriver to disassemble it and clean it, put it back together.
There's a video about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4VK5MZd2Q

Construction MaterialPlastic
Colour / FinishBurgundy, Black, Chrome, White
Release date
ManualDownload manual
  • GTIN13: 9341061000037, 9341061000044, 9341061000051, 9341061000068 and 9341061007258
  • MPN: JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-BU and JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-WH