Oscar Neo DA-1000

MPNs: JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-BU and JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-WH

C Roman

C RomanSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my Oscar Juicer

I have had 8 years of great juicing with my Oscar Neo DA 1000 and equally great service from Vitality 4 Life. Easy to operate, easy to clean and juice tastes great!

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. It makes our day to read all of these positives reviews from happy customers. Thank you again, Hayley

Ad

reliable, easy to use and clean

Purchased in October 2013 at Amazon.

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Please don't waste your money

I was told they were the best juicer so I bought 3 - one for myself and my 2 children.
I am very disappointed as it is the worst juicer I have used.
It is very slow and leaks around where the barrel joins to the machine
Also all builds up in the chute and takes ages to go through the bottom grate - with much use of the pusher. All the pulp fills the barrel. I find it goes better if I take the end off.
I just expected a lot better as my friend has an upright juicer and it is so much better.
Guess I will have to learn from my mistake and save up for a better one.
My children are also very disappointing and said she has just put it in the back of the cupboard.
It juices carrot OK but that is all.

Purchased in February 2018 for $500.00.

Jo S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

DA-1000 Juicer

The DA-1000 is a poor cousin to the last Oscar we owned for 15 years without the problems with the attachments breaking.
Mind you the first one we bought gave my husband an electrical jolt and had to be replaced.
We have had this one for a couple of years and have been thru 3 strainers and now the drum has cracked. Not very impressed with this model. We juice everyday, love our juices and take care of our juicing machine. But this one just isn’t up to scratch with issues of the attachments breaking. Trying to procure the attachments sometimes is not easy either as there has been times that there has been no stock in Australia and we have had to wait.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Purchased another strainer and within 3 days it cracked. Not happy Jan

Hello,
I have sent an email and am waiting for a reply

Sharon J

Disapointed in ANOTHER broken strainer - Problem Fixed !

I have had this juicer for a year now and use it everyday!! I even take it on holidays, we love our juice that much. I am however disapointed that I have now had to buy 5 strainers in the last year. The second time it broke we were told that this was because I was using it incorrectly, NO, it is poor design when something that should be strong and sturdy is not! I try everything not to break it but this is just too much! Very disapointed in this factor of the machine as otherwise it is great machine

Purchased in August 2018 for $469.00.

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Sharon, can you please contact us so we can replace the strainer. And yes you are right it should not break 5 times in one year, something wrong there. Please contact us asap so we can sort this out for you. Warm Regards Bec V4L

Sharon J

Thank you Bec for your assistance and your quick resolve to my matter! had such great customer service I am just purchasing a dehydrator next

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Sharon, awesome to hear so glad I could be of assistance. Warmest Regards Bec Vitality4Life.

Nessie

NessieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Efficient compact juicer

We bought this juicer about six months ago after quite a bit of research, and decided it looked to be the best value for money.
We were right! It is powerful and very effective at getting the most liquid out of just about anything.
The pulp is dry and compact, and perfect for our two worm farms and our compost bins.
It has a small footprint for something this effective, and is relatively easy to clean as long as you don't let pulp dry on the filter. May not take large chunks of veg like some others, but I think this helps it to get the most out of our produce.
Would buy again

Purchased for $490.00.

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Nessie, I am so happy you are loving your Oscar! Thanks for the great feedback keep juicing :o) V4L

Jaimi E

Jaimi EGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great juicer!

Haven't used all the other attachments but am loving it for its cold press juicing capabilities. Been juicing every morning and making 1 litre of juice from celery, carrots, apples etc and it juices with ease.

Purchased in February 2019 at Vitality 4 Life for $490.00.

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great cold press juicer but bulky.

Bought this juicer way back when all the fads for juicing was all over. As advertised, this juicer works like a charm when it comes to "cold press" juicing. It actually juices everything that we could think of in there and it dries the pulp almost dry.

It has a lot of other nozzles and another processing strainer to make stuff like peanut butter and stuff but never used it so I can't comment on how great it is.

Qualms with this juicer is that it is bulky and heavy. Too many parts to assemble and disassemble to use and clean. It's been on storage for years now and haven't used it due to this.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

BernadetteBallina

used to be good

As per other reviews the strainer is an issue , the lifespan in our house ( 2 adults 1 juice per day) seems to be about a month. The new strainer , although it fits appears to be not compatible with the older machine , (yet this is what is offered by them)

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Bernadette

our issue was successfully resolved with your assistance

A Sydney Plumber

A Sydney PlumberSydney, NSW

Excellent product

My Father has stage 4 cancer,

I have been using the juicer to assist him with mineral and vitamin intake. It's so easy to clean, assemble and work. You need to understand that this is not a commercial machine. This machine has no issues to produce 1-litre per day. I am so thankful that I have purchased this machine. It will heat up but that's normal for a 1000w machine. People complain about the thin diameter of the intake tube. Guys its there to stop us from overloading the machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Juicer sits idle unable to find spare part!

The juicer works perfectly but the strainer part keep falling appart into pieces. Changed two in the past not bothering with the warranty. Now I am unable to find the part in Australia. it appears there are two types of strainer nowadays: an old version and a new one which are incompatible with each other. The only part available down here is the new one. Therefore in order for me to use the juicer again I have to purchase the whole front end of the juicer which is about $200. Or i have to rely on some relatives in UK where the old version of the strainer is still available on vitality for life website and from there shipped to Australia. It has been the crappiest experience ever buying this product. Do yourselves a favor and shop around.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Julie.W

Julie.WRedcliffe

Good juicer BUT!!!

Good juicer although strainer broke after 4 years. Carrots was the culprit apparently going through to quickly, luckily they replaced it and I only had to pay $20 postage as I couldnt find my reciept. I'm thankful for that as I've heard not too good reports on warentee or service. Seems they have truely updated their policy.

Date PurchasedSept 2013

Best Juicer Ever

So easy to use and clean up and squeezes every last drop from my wheatgrass, fruit and vege. I love my Oscar and I use it every day. It's quiet and fast and really efficient. I highly recommend this fabulous machine to anyone serious about retaining the nutrients in their juice.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Review collected in partnership with Oscar

Best purchase ever

Absolutely love this juicer. Had mine for 4-5 yrs and still using it constantly. Best purchase ever. Very quiet, very quick & easy to clean. Very good for juicing Kale & all other leafy greens. Excellent for making Pineapple juice. You will absolutely love it if you purchase it .

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Bec M

Bec MNEWCASTLE

Don't expect your warranty claim to be honoured!

I've had the Oscar Neo for less than 2 years and the auger screw has broken while the machine was in use. The company has basically accused me of using the machine the wrong way (which is wasn't, I was pureeing dates!!!) and now apparently its up to me to pay for a replacement? What is the point of a 10 year parts warranty when the company won't honour it? Very disappointed in Vitality 4 Life.

Love my Oscar Neo 1000

I've had my Oscar for over 2 years and still use it regularly, sometimes several times a day. It is quiet and easy to clean. It's also a very nice looking kitchen appliance on the bench (I have the burgundy). I make a wide variety of juices, most often (daily) green juices, occasionally use carrots maybe once a week, and all sorts of other vegetables from Beetroot to sweet potato, and I've not had an issue with the strainer.
I love how it easily handles green leaves extracting plenty of juice, as well as softer items like pineapple and apples. The juice is great quality, not too much pulp.

Sudiah

I should update my review. My beloved Oscar broke several months ago and Vitality 4 Life have so far been little help getting it sorted out. Very disappointing.

Ms_Wills

Ms_WillsSydney

Great investment!

I have had my Oscar Neo for over two years and I absolutely love it, I use it 3-4 times a week juicing a wide range of fruits and vegetables. It has a few pieces but it's easy enough to clean. The pulp filter isn't that great but I'm more than happy to do a second strain through a fine mesh strainer to achieve the consistency that I like. Overall I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Rach

RachByron Bay

Best cold press Juicer

The reason why I gave a good instead of excellent which it does deserve is because of the small tube to feed the fruit/veges down which sometimes clogs so as long as you prep the fruit/veges you are good to go.. Less pulp, more attachments which equals value for money such an amazing juicer

Ad

The most intelligent purchase I have made in a while

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

I couldn't live without!!!

I got my oscar juicer 3 or 4 years ago . I use it just about everyday, I never had any problem with it. I use it mainly for carrots, beetroot apples, greens, cucumbers, etc.. and make ice cream with banana and berries. I have a breville fountain for grapefruits and oranges as I juice large quantity of them in season and need fast "process" . Oscar is the best piece of equipment I have then come the vitamix and the breville juicer. my tastebuds differentiate the quality of a juice made with oscar and another juicer. As we would say in France "y'a pas photo". I absolutly recommend it !!

Althea T.

Althea T.asked

Hi there my neo 1000 is turning pushing pulp right not left while juicing how do I change that? Thanks

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Althea, thank you for getting in touch. It sounds as though you have the juicer in reverse. Try pushing the power button the opposite way. If this does not work please get in touch with our support team at support@vitality4life.com Kind regards, Hayley

Jackie E.
Jackie E.

Hi. I am having trouble putting the drum on and taking it off. It's very tight. Requires a lot of effort. TIA.

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Jackie, thank you for getting in touch. The drum should not be difficult to attach and remove. Please send us an email to support@vitality4life.com so that we can further assist you. Kind regards, Hayley

Valentin P.asked

hi, the motor on mine started making a squealing noise, about 10 min into juicing, is this something easy to fix ?

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Valentin, thank you very much for getting in touch. There are a number of things that this could be. Could you please email our support team? They will be more than happy to troubleshoot with you and solve your issues. Please email support@vitality4life.com Kind regards, Hayley

Valentin P.

I did, I'm not sure you can help because I bought it in the UK and I'm in Moldova now.
Anyway, seems that I've fixed it, I took off the plastic case from the motor, and it looks like juice went along the auger and got into the bearing, and some oil leaked a bit from the bearing, I cleaned it all, and put some Castor oil (from the pharmacy) overnight to get in the same way the juice got in, put it all back together really tight, and used it twice since then without issues

Cmarie

Cmarieasked

I have been happy with my Oscar Neo 1000 after having it for nearly 2 years. I use 5 times a week for celery juice only for myself. Lately the pulp has been backing up in the chute and the pulp that does come out is much wetter than 4 weeks ago. Nothing looks broken, but more pulp is getting into the juice and makes a mess to clean all the parts. Please help

Valentin P.

Obviously it has to do with the produce that you put in it, it is likely not as fresh as before. You need to adjust the pulp knob to 1 right from the start to avoid the pulp baking up, sometimes you can remove it and put it back after. You can also use the pusher to pump the juice out, depends what you're juicing, you won't have this kind of problems with carrots or fresh hard apples.

Valentin P.

use a strainer to strain your juice at the end.

Vitality 4 LifeOscar

Hi Cmarie, thank you very much for getting in touch. As suggested, try playing around with the pulp ejection nozzle. If this does not help, your strainer could be clogged with tiny micro fibres from the celery. We would suggest perhaps purchasing a replacement strainer to see if this solves the issue. The Oscar loves celery however the fibres can be troublesome. Make sure to scrub the strainer very well after each use. I hope that this helps. Please do not hesitate to get in touch at support@vitality4life.com for any further assistance. Kind regards, Hayley

Get an answer from our members and Oscar representatives

CategoryJuicers
Power200 W
Dimensions 340 x 170 x 410 mm
Weight6.36 kg
Release dateNov 2011

• GTIN13: 9341061000037, 9341061000044, 9341061000051, 9341061000068 and 9341061007258
  • MPN: JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-BU and JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-WH