Oscar Neo DA-1000

Oscar Neo DA-1000

MPNs: JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-BU and JU-OS-1000-UL-AU-WH
See the Best Juicers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Oscar

C Roman
C RomanSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my Oscar Juicer

I have had 8 years of great juicing with my Oscar Neo DA 1000 and equally great service from Vitality 4 Life. Easy to operate, easy to clean and juice tastes great!

Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Hi there, thank you very much for your review. It makes our day to read all of these positives reviews from happy customers. Thank you again, Hayley

reliable, easy to use and clean

Purchased in October 2013 at Amazon.

Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Please don't waste your money

I was told they were the best juicer so I bought 3 - one for myself and my 2 children.
I am very disappointed as it is the worst juicer I have used.
It is very slow and leaks around where the barrel joins to the machine
Also all builds up in the chute and takes ages to go through the bottom grate - with much use of the pusher. All the pulp fills the barrel. I find it goes better if I take the end off.
I just expected a lot better as my friend has an upright juicer and it is so much better.
Guess I will have to learn from my mistake and save up for a better one.
My children are also very disappointing and said she has just put it in the back of the cupboard.
It juices carrot OK but that is all.

Purchased in February 2018 for $500.

Jo S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

DA-1000 Juicer

The DA-1000 is a poor cousin to the last Oscar we owned for 15 years without the problems with the attachments breaking.
Mind you the first one we bought gave my husband an electrical jolt and had to be replaced.
We have had this one for a couple of years and have been thru 3 strainers and now the drum has cracked. Not very impressed with this model. We juice everyday, love our juices and take care of our juicing machine. But this one just isn’t up to scratch with issues of the attachments breaking. Trying to procure the attachments sometimes is not easy either as there has been times that there has been no stock in Australia and we have had to wait.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Purchased another strainer and within 3 days it cracked. Not happy Jan

Hello,
I have sent an email and am waiting for a reply

Sharon J

Disapointed in ANOTHER broken strainer - Problem Fixed !

I have had this juicer for a year now and use it everyday!! I even take it on holidays, we love our juice that much. I am however disapointed that I have now had to buy 5 strainers in the last year. The second time it broke we were told that this was because I was using it incorrectly, NO, it is poor design when something that should be strong and sturdy is not! I try everything not to break it but this is just too much! Very disapointed in this factor of the machine as otherwise it is great machine

Purchased in August 2018 for $469.

Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Hi Sharon, can you please contact us so we can replace the strainer. And yes you are right it should not break 5 times in one year, something wrong there. Please contact us asap so we can sort this out for you. Warm Regards Bec V4L

Sharon J

Thank you Bec for your assistance and your quick resolve to my matter! had such great customer service I am just purchasing a dehydrator next

Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Hi Sharon, awesome to hear so glad I could be of assistance. Warmest Regards Bec Vitality4Life.

Nessie
NessieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Efficient compact juicer

We bought this juicer about six months ago after quite a bit of research, and decided it looked to be the best value for money.
We were right! It is powerful and very effective at getting the most liquid out of just about anything.
The pulp is dry and compact, and perfect for our two worm farms and our compost bins.
It has a small footprint for something this effective, and is relatively easy to clean as long as you don't let pulp dry on the filter. May not take large chunks of veg like some others, but I think this helps it to get the most out of our produce.
Would buy again

Purchased for $490.

Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Hi Nessie, I am so happy you are loving your Oscar! Thanks for the great feedback keep juicing :o) V4L

Jaimi E
Jaimi EGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great juicer!

Haven't used all the other attachments but am loving it for its cold press juicing capabilities. Been juicing every morning and making 1 litre of juice from celery, carrots, apples etc and it juices with ease.

Purchased in February 2019 at Vitality 4 Life for $490.

Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great cold press juicer but bulky.

Bought this juicer way back when all the fads for juicing was all over. As advertised, this juicer works like a charm when it comes to "cold press" juicing. It actually juices everything that we could think of in there and it dries the pulp almost dry.

It has a lot of other nozzles and another processing strainer to make stuff like peanut butter and stuff but never used it so I can't comment on how great it is.

Qualms with this juicer is that it is bulky and heavy. Too many parts to assemble and disassemble to use and clean. It's been on storage for years now and haven't used it due to this.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
BernadetteBallina

used to be good

As per other reviews the strainer is an issue , the lifespan in our house ( 2 adults 1 juice per day) seems to be about a month. The new strainer , although it fits appears to be not compatible with the older machine , (yet this is what is offered by them)

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Bernadette

our issue was successfully resolved with your assistance

A Sydney Plumber
A Sydney PlumberSydney, NSW

Excellent product

My Father has stage 4 cancer,

I have been using the juicer to assist him with mineral and vitamin intake. It's so easy to clean, assemble and work. You need to understand that this is not a commercial machine. This machine has no issues to produce 1-litre per day. I am so thankful that I have purchased this machine. It will heat up but that's normal for a 1000w machine. People complain about the thin diameter of the intake tube. Guys its there to stop us from overloading the machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Juicer sits idle unable to find spare part!

The juicer works perfectly but the strainer part keep falling appart into pieces. Changed two in the past not bothering with the warranty. Now I am unable to find the part in Australia. it appears there are two types of strainer nowadays: an old version and a new one which are incompatible with each other. The only part available down here is the new one. Therefore in order for me to use the juicer again I have to purchase the whole front end of the juicer which is about $200. Or i have to rely on some relatives in UK where the old version of the strainer is still available on vitality for life website and from there shipped to Australia. It has been the crappiest experience ever buying this product. Do yourselves a favor and shop around.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Julie.W
Julie.WRedcliffe

Good juicer BUT!!!

Good juicer although strainer broke after 4 years. Carrots was the culprit apparently going through to quickly, luckily they replaced it and I only had to pay $20 postage as I couldnt find my reciept. I'm thankful for that as I've heard not too good reports on warentee or service. Seems they have truely updated their policy.

Date PurchasedSept 2013

Best Juicer Ever

So easy to use and clean up and squeezes every last drop from my wheatgrass, fruit and vege. I love my Oscar and I use it every day. It's quiet and fast and really efficient. I highly recommend this fabulous machine to anyone serious about retaining the nutrients in their juice.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Vitality 4 LifeOscarSend a private message

Review collected in partnership with Oscar

Best purchase ever

Absolutely love this juicer. Had mine for 4-5 yrs and still using it constantly. Best purchase ever. Very quiet, very quick & easy to clean. Very good for juicing Kale & all other leafy greens. Excellent for making Pineapple juice. You will absolutely love it if you purchase it .

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Bec M
Bec MNEWCASTLE

Don't expect your warranty claim to be honoured!

I've had the Oscar Neo for less than 2 years and the auger screw has broken while the machine was in use. The company has basically accused me of using the machine the wrong way (which is wasn't, I was pureeing dates!!!) and now apparently its up to me to pay for a replacement? What is the point of a 10 year parts warranty when the company won't honour it? Very disappointed in Vitality 4 Life.