Ovela (Kogan) Fitted Electric Blanket

Ovela (Kogan) Fitted Electric Blanket

Disappointed

DisappointedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crap! Wouldnt buy

I got the blanket gifted to me as I had my previous one for over 5 years and thought it probably was risky to not replace it.
I chucked my last out and put the Kogan one on..... first night I feel like it worked. After that it just doesnt heat at all! So disappointed
Spewing I threw out my other one!

Purchased in October 2019.

Kenny

KennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy it

Bought king size on June 2018, faulty just 4 months of used, Kogan replaced new one under warranty, failed again after this winter (4 months of operates). Totally waste of money and time.

Purchased in June 2018 at Kogan.com for $65.00.

Unhappy

UnhappyVictoria

Great value for money and does the job well

Works well, is as described and very good value for money. Have bought another one for our guest bed as so happy with product and price. Heats quickly and thoroughly. Love the dual switches, which are really easy to use.

Purchased in August 2019 for $25.00.

chc

chcSydney, NSW

Don't buy it - 3 broken in less than 12 months

The two queen size blankets did not make it through the first winter. The king size made it one month into the second winter. The electricals failed on all of them, unable to turn on, and flashing lights on the controllers. Throwing all three out within 12 months, absolute crap, don't waste your money

Purchased in June 2018 at Kogan.com.

TimPerth, WA

Poor quality junk

Bought a three pack of these for the kids. Two of them failed after about 12 months. Waste of money. I am very dubous about kogan products (failed remote controls on three previous home theatre products) and this confirms my concerns regarding quality control.

Purchased in August 2016 at Kogan for $105.00.

Paul A

Paul A

Cheap junk

I purchased my Ovela electric blanket last August. It has only been in use since late autumn. Now it has failed just one month after the warranty elapsed. Although Kogan customer support disagree, I do not consider 13 months a reasonable period of time for a product like this to stop working. I have made multiple purchases from Kogan in recent years; I won't be making any more.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

CHARLES

Oleva fitted electric blanket.

We purchased this blanket purley based on the reviews we'd read,this blanket failed us almost immediately .iTS BEEN FREEZING COLD IN MELBOURNE we have tried to contact Kogan via all means listed on their website, many many many times on the number
supplied 1300 304 292,we have also tried Kogan live chat which has been permanently currently unavailable,we have emailed
Kogan/supporthelp.com, our ref.no. 6702298 on the 29/8/2018 and still no response from Kogan to date as at 7/9/2018,we are told to be patient AND SOMEONE WILL CONTACT US SHORTLY,and if we reply before we are attended to it could alter our position in the support/help queue can anybody help me please....Charles ....FRANKSTON VICTORIA 3199

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Hi Charles,
We can see that you have been in contact with a member of our Senior Support Team now, who will be able to assist you with your enquiry.

Paul

PaulSydney

Very good budget electric blanket

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Muriel83

Muriel83Taree NSW

Actually it was a wrap around personal blanket excellent ,also great for saving lots of electricty r

Not much more to say but the electric wrap around personal blanket is so great. So friends do buy one they are great. You will wish you had not thought of it before I am 86 this year so out it will come winter not far away.

June 6th 2018 Update: My second blanket got one for the spare room excellent

I just love the quick heating up of the wrap around electric blanket, I got this one lucky me they were on special. Cheap to run help the electricity account.

Aly

AlyPerth

This is saving my life over the winter

I have purchased a queen size, but using only one side to keep me warm
Very comfortable and heat up quickly. Control panel has light and easy to see at night
Worth for the price and great investment for winter time
Definitely recommend it

Date PurchasedJul 2017

ldn3969

ldn3969melbourne

Worth for the price

Good blanket for the price. It has 9 heat settings but takes time to heat up. After it heats up the blanket is very comfy. I would suggest turning on the blanket at least 30 minutes before going to bed.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

jullyeann_

jullyeann_Sydney

Great value

Fits well,variety of heating options great value very happy with purchase has removable controls and can be machine washed no discomfort when on bed snug fit and doesn't come right up under your head.

Dom Geo

Dom GeoAustralia

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect

This electric blanket is a life saver in the cold Tassie winter. Bought it online through Kogan, fast delivery and too easy to put on. The settings on this electric blanket range from 1 to 9. Also, there is a setting to speed up/boost the heating. I usually set it on level 3 - 5 and its toasty hot for those cold winter nights. Has 3 timer settings( 3hrs, 6hrs, 12 hrs) included and it will switch off by itself. The only cons is that the position of cord for the fitted blanket is awkward. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Carly

CarlySydney

A must have

This electric blanket saved me during the freezing winter nights this year. I never owned one before in my life and I can easily say it's one of the best buys I have ever bought. It has 9 heat settings! and a timer. Fitted to my bed well and washable ( which is a huge plus) Would highly recommend.

Sunny S

Sunny Sgeelong

Recommended

I bought one for my single bed in mancave . Perfectly explained. Very well working and also long lasting . Heats up nice and fast . Also multifunctional and washable. Confortable while sleeping not itchy .

Brad

BradMelbourne

Don't know why I didn't buy one earlier

Just finishing up with my second winter using this blanket. It makes me wonder why I didn't purchase one earlier. I do agree with some of the other reviews. The cord connection is at about shoulder height (when laying down) on the upper surface of the bed. If you sleep close to the edge, this can be a little uncomfortable. The heating coils themselves though you don't even notice, except for the nice warmth.
It has a 1-9 hour timer on it which is handy. I normally select boost before bed, then let it automatically drop back to it's lowest setting over night.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

smithy1170

smithy1170AU

It's a great item

It's a great product, has all the appropriate functions that I require to heat the bed. It is a fitted type electric blanket which makes it easy to apply without the messy tangled tabs. It is also machine washable; therefore easy for refreshing - when the time comes for storage for next season. The auto switch off is a plus.

Ronnie

RonnieAU

Happy with it

I have had the blanket now for about 11 months and it has worked very well. The feel of the cord up near the pillow is a little annoying sometimes, but other than that, which can be fixed by adjusting the pillows, there is no real issue. I haven't had to remove the cords to wash the blanket, so can't really comment on that aspect. Can't really complain for a King size EB under $47! Fantastic value I say.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Brian

BrianAbbotsford

Not too bad

I bought it for winter. It keeps us warm in winter. However, I don't like the cord, when we lay down, we can feel the cord. Anw, it's worth for its price.

Gurpreet

GurpreetSydney

Easy to use.

This blanket has some great features. The cords are removable so that it can be washed.. Also, there is a timer on this blanket so once you get into bed, you don't have to worry about remembering to turn it off or wake up in a sweat. Highly recommended!