Owlet Cam

Owlet Cam

Baby Monitors Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of baby monitor would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.4

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
Kerri

KerriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wouldn’t recommend this

Camera quality itself is good, but connection constantly drops out and our internet Is not the issue. The app also always freezes and struggles to connect both with android and Apple products. What else that’s annoying is that you have to have the app open in order to use it as a monitor, so you need to have a separate phone or tablet with this constantly running, you can’t hear unless it’s open. Wouldn’t buy this again, would recommend looking at other brands, I’m sure the camera quality is just as good with other monitors.

Purchased in March 2020.

Really Impressed

Purchased in June 2020.

Team O.Owlet

Darren, thanks for posting the review and glad our Cam is working well for you. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Thao PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a rubbish product

We’ve wasted SO much time and money trying to get this camera to work. It keeps dropping out and does not connect. We even bought wifi extenders and a new modem router which boosts our wifi signal significantly everywhere and on any device in the house, and still we have issues with the camera connectivity. Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in February 2020 at Kiddie Country.

Team O.Owlet

Thao P, pls contact us on owletcare@danishbydesign.com.au. If you mention 'Thao P' in the header, we will recognise your thread here on Product Review. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Owlet Cam compares to other Baby Monitors

Megan P.

Megan P.Sydney, NSW

Amazing!

We use the owlet cam at home and take it with us when travelling. The only time it freezes and is inconsistent is when our wi-fi connection isn't great. (these times are few and far between)

Has a clear picture and sound so we can see and hear exactly what our baby is doing.

We have tried different monitors and this is the best by far.

Purchased in June 2019.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useable but frustrating

I bought the Owlet Camera to pair with the
sock. I loved that my husband and I could use our phones to sync with the camera at the same time from different locations. However, it only works if my phone is open and having the stream open drains my battery incredibly quickly. If I have it closed, it's about as useful as if I didn't have a camera at all. Opening it to check when I can hear her crying is a hit and miss as well because sometimes my phone just won't connect. The feed loves to freeze and you only realise when you can hear the crying but the picture shows a still baby.
The picture is good when it works. The range is reasonable. I found setup more difficult than it should have been as it just didn't connect to the wifi.

Purchased in November 2019 at Baby Village Online store.

Team O.Owlet

Sarah C, thanks for posting the review. The Cam should be accessible by multiple people without difficulties. Please do call us on 03 9588 0999, we'd love to help. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Nina

NinaTasmania

Love it!

So easy to set up, the picture quality is amazing, the audio is very clear, and with it being connected to my phone I can check on my baby where ever I am (even when I'm not home). This is so easy to set up, we take it out with us when we're visiting family & friends for an evening. Highly recommended!

Purchased in December 2019.

Team O.Owlet

Nina, thanks for posting the review. We're really glad that the Cam is working as it should. It is great that you can access the video from anywhere! Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Terrible camera

Constantly on a 'pending' screen - cannot switch between apps and go back into the monitor screen without it freezing or blacking out with the pending wheel. It regularly freezes even when the video has finally loaded.
Does not have motion or audio sensor - you have to have monitor on all the time. It therefore drains your phone battery.
Would strongly not recommend!

Mike
Mike

Hi owlet, thanks for your response. We love your sock! Unfortunately I had a very rude call from customer service so don’t feel comfortable talking with someone else. I hope others enjoy the sock as much as we do :)

Team O.Owlet

Mike, we're really sorry to hear that. If you can send a direct message to us, we'd still love the opportunity to contact you and solve the issue with the Cam. Kind regards, Owlet Team.

Gabby

GabbyPerth, WA

Very expensive product that does not work

I am so unimpressed with Owlet. The camera itself is fine, when I can access it. However, most of the time it either won’t open or I have to reset the app 10-15 times
Waste of money

Purchased in March 2020 at Owlet for A$279.99.

kiloalphatango

kiloalphatangoCanberra 2600, ACT

Don’t waste your money

Purchased in January 2020 for A$289.00.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Owlet Cam compares to other Baby Monitors

Kjay

KjayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor customer service and faulty camera

Ive gone from being a big promoter to a very frustrated customer. Ive received no support to the audio and room sensor not working on my owlet camera. Im now awake worried that I cant hear my little guy and have no room temperature sensor (its never worked).

Purchased in May 2019 for A$399.00.

Team O.Owlet

Kjay, we're really sorry to hear that. Have you contacted us on 03 9588 0999? We'd love the opportunity to try to help you get the Cam to work as it should. Thanks, Owlet Team.

Owlet Camera - Rubbish!

We purchased the Owlet Camera and I am extremely dissapointed so far.

The setup won't work (registration errors) and when calling for assistance at 3.45pm the only technical support person had apparently left for the day and would probably call back tomorrow. I'm not sure how troubleshooting is supposed to occur when we work during the day and won't have access to the camera. The technical support person clearly doesn't work outside of business hours. My husband works in networking and has worked through every possible setting, and it is clear this is a fault with the camera and/or mobile app.

We will be requesting a full refund and buying a more reliable monitor with adequate technical support services.

Purchased in August 2019 at Owlet Website for A$279.99.

Danielle

Update: The technical support person didn't bother returning our call today either.