3.2 from 429 reviews · View Details

3.2

• Trip Length6.864 days (22)
  • Booked Through
  • Entertainment
  • Rooms
  • Food
  • Staff
Tricia

TriciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No refund still - just lies lies lies!

Following P & O cancelling our cruise on 16 March 2020 we were advised that we would receive a full refund. After numerous calls to them we have still have not received any refund. It's now over THREE MONTHS of waiting. They just tell us lie after lie advising us that the refund has been processed EACH WEEK(!) and we are now at the end of our tether. Looking at others reviews, we are not alone. We will definitely not be booking any cruise with P & O or any of their affiliates ever again.

Gavin

GavinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Refund delays a joke

My cancelled cruise to Cairns for 6th June. P & O keep saying how sorry they are for the delay. They refuse to refund me directly stating my refund has to go back to Flight Centre. This is unacceptable. Flight Centre will be in administration shortly and then I get no money. Simply refund me my money directly now. I paid for my cruise in August 2019!!

Trip Length0 days
Ali

AliSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible ship, run down, dirty, smells disgusting

This would have to be the worst experience I have had. Terrible ship, dirty facilities, smell is old and musty and terrible customer service. Promises made for a refund amount which I am still chasing and being ignored.

Find out how P&O Pacific Dawn compares to other Cruises

There is no word to describe them.

We booked for a short 4 day cruise scheduled for Feb in early October through FlighCentre and paid deposit of $450. We have soon realised that we will not be allowed to travel as I'll be just over 23 weeks pregnant at the time of travel so we have requested to cancel and refund the deposit on November last week. P&O mentioned FlightCentre that they have issued cheque twice and we are still waiting for this cheque (6 months and going) that disappeared into blackhole.

Booked Through Third Party

P&O is on the nose, Very poor.

Our company took 13 people people living with Disabilities on a cruise in February. One of our participants is confined to a wheelchair. At the time of booking with P&O they were fully aware of these facts and we were placed in disable rooms. Come the end of the cruise the ship had to dock on the southern side of the Brisbane river at a Grain terminal. We were directed to a place in the terminal and left unaided with no transport back to the shipping terminal where we left from. It was left up to us to arrange and pay for the 2 maxi taxi's to take us back to the terminal to collect our vehicle.
Not good enough P&O. we would not recommend this shipping line for their service.

Trip Length3 days
Warren

WarrenAdelaide

Elemis At Sea - Mind Body & Soul Therapy

char-mSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible compared to carnival and royal Caribbean

Jay August

Jay AugustSouth East Queensland, QLD

It was ok

Good choice of food. Breakfast lunch and dinner was OK, breakfast eggs, bacon, sausages, fruit, some pastry etc..
Not all staff is friendly or caring. But Dion the room attend was so nice and caring.
Also it felt like you had to pay for many extras, while other cruises offer for free.
Overall it was OK for the price.
Loved the movies by the pool. It was great to relax and watch a latest movie by the pool. Really enjoyed that.
Pool area was very small and no proper pool for adults only area.
Also not much shade by the pool, so unless you come super early and get under shade you will be left in the sun. Definitely needs more shading, specially for families with kids.

RDNsw, 2352

Outdated Boat : Pacific Island Cruise

Trip Length8 days

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You get what you pay for

Jonsnow

JonsnowSouth East Queensland, QLD

Woeful foold

Everything was great except the food. Food was average at best and in the case of the offerings at "The Pantry" often disgusting. Simply dont understand how a company with a reputation like P&O can let their standards fall so low. We did the Christmas Cruise ex Brisbane 2019. Entertainment was great, staff good, vessel starting to look and feel shabby but she been sold off come February

Travelling Party Seniors

Terrible Experience

Travelling Party Children
Dot. C

Dot. CCentral Queensland, QLD

Great cruise. Disappointing food.

Travelling Party Adults, Children and Seniors
carolina

carolinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good experience

It's what you make it!

Re: drink packages

What a joke, $80 a day extra for drinks. With 4 children, what would you like them to drink all day??? The extra cost is rediculous. You just lost $22 000 in a family booking, lucky for us we read the fine print.

Trip Length12 days
Travelling Party Adults, Babies and Children
Jo

JoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never, ever again

If I could give no stars I would. I will never travel P&O again and we don’t even set sail until next week. This company has no interest in helping or trying to accommodate their passengers. I have an elderly mother that requires a walk in shower. Would not upgrade would not consider a room change to help. So at point now if something happens to my mother and she hurts herself I will take legal action.

Chris B.

Chris B.Litchfield, NT

Old and tired.

Megan

MeganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never use the hairdresser

went To day spa to have hair coloured and cut - he absolutely butchered my hair. Complained the next day after washing and styling myself. Apologetic and asked if I wanted him to fix it. No thanks after what he did. Manager never contacted me. Sent an email when I arrived home and offered $250 in compensation. It has never arrived even after sending 2 more messages. They don’t care at all. Never again. Also told no charge to go to Iririki Island to go snorkeling, when we arrived on the Island we were out of pocket around $70.00. Dosn’t cost the staff anything so that is why they tell you to go there as they get kick backs over there.

Yvonne T.

Yvonne T.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Never again

This was my third cruise and we made it 14 day one out to Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu, Noumea. The quality of the food in the Waterfront restaurant has certainly gone down hill and we where not the only ones to note this. The breakfast menu stayed the same for 2 weeks. If you wanted to eat in the Pantry you had to time it right just to get seating. I have never seen so many wheelie walkers and walking sticks in my life it was like being in a nursing home. Will I cruise again probably not, I guess its just not for everyone.

Trip Length14 days