Paddy Pallin

Paddy Pallin online experience

Store LocationPaddy Pallin, Kent Street, Sydney CBD
Andrey T.

Andrey T.

Great store, if only they had a concept of express delivery

Everything’s great apart delivery - they’ll happily pick your order for a week even if you pay for express post. No, they don’t warn about that.

So, don’t spend any extra, you are not getting it any faster.

Customer

CustomerPerth, WA

Constructive criticism

As a long time very complimentary customer of P P’s in Perth it’s been extremely disappointing to be served twice in the last three months by the same sullen (wish you’d just go away) sales person. So, sadly after always having you as my ‘go to’ place for hiking gear like Scarpa boots, Mont rain jacket, Osprey Day Pack I won’t bother you again. I hope the attitude and service can improve or more long term customers will shop elsewhere.

Camping Shops

Find out how Paddy Pallin compares to other Camping Shops

Charlie

CharlieHobart, TAS

Had them 20 + years and they are still going strong

Having paid well over $200 for these boots over 20 years ago I gulped at the time. They are however still going strong, still have amazing support and no water has ever reached the inside of them. I haven't been able to see them in a hiking store since, and that I cannot understand given that they have lasted so incredibly well. The only part I replaced was the shoe laces. the sole is a Vibran replaceable and has not even required a check up.

Grey Engineer

Grey EngineerQueanbeyan

Great phone and in store service

I was after a Petzl 350 lumens headlamp which has an excellent white light and 3 levels of brightness, the headband is extremely comfortable. I rang and they had only one in the shop which the put aside for me in 2 days time. At the shop extremely heapful and just perfect service.

Aimee

AimeeSydney, NSW

Good service in store but not online

I have received good assistance while buying in store. However, I ordered water bottles, socks and liners online and received the goods promptly but unfortunately not the items I wanted. Water bottles are not the same as on the website and the liners are in wrong size. I called them and was told to send the goods back using their reply paid address. Not happy as I sent last Thursday and they still not received on Tuesday. Surely, it is due to Australia Post's snail mail but if they sent me the right products in the first place, I would not have to wait. Will have to try other online stores in future.

Sean

SeanPerth

Helpful, friendly and a good range

Whilst not as large as some other stores, my experience has been very good (Perth City store only). The staff have always been friendly, helpful and quite knowledgable about their product range.
The product range, while not extensive is of good quality with well known brands and well priced (when on sale the pricing can be very attractive!)

CycleTourist

CycleTouristQueensland, Australia

Went to Fortitude Valley store looking for a new hiking tent. Staff offered assistance in timely way but not pushy. They had a tent they recommended and set it up for me even though I said I was going to also check other nearby shops. Explained features of tent but no hard sell. Left to check other shops and came back to buy. Staff member was knowledgeable, listened to what I needed (so didn't waste my time with unsuitable products) and was friendly without tying me up longer than necessary.
Great range, knowledgeable staff, great service

CadleyRM

CadleyRMAU

Good stock and sale prices but slow postage for online sales.

Great choice and prices but postage was slow after being put in the wrong post box which meant insurance was void and instead of being express post it took a while. The second item turned up 2 weeks later with no email advising of any delays. Quite disappointing in the age of internet shopping especially when you can buy from overseas and get items quicker!
Range and prices