Delivery not within timeframe, customer service quote their rules, unable to listen to what the real issue is

Extrimely bad service.

Extrimely bad service. I did order from Sydney and got used, scratch oztrail table with sink paking a soft plastic bag for $79.99. Refaind unposible. Nobody not coming. Used my time, used my money.

Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Courier took ten days to deliver good then damaged it

We ordered a table and chairs from Tent World courier attempted delivery then when I selected redelivery it took ten days then they didn't follow instructions and threw the product over a fence and damaged it. Then tent world expect me to carry the 10kg package to a post office to have it returned to them when the reason I did online shopping was that me and my husband work all day and cant get to the shops. Then they suggested we sit at home all day so their courier can come get it . No words except don't order on line from them its too much drama

Kerri StruthWestern District, VIC

Never use Tentworld

Purchased a Coleman gold series 10 person tent from Tentworld. We are on an 8 week holiday, we previously to buying contacted there store in Ferntree Gully and they recommended this tent for our purpose. The fly ripped at the top of the tent after 4 weeks. Contacted Tentworld and they will not honour warranty as they said the tent is not a permanent structure and should not be used for 4 weeks continuously even though this is the tent they recommended for this purpose. Totally dissatisfied with Tentworld and will never recommend or buy from them again

They Use a Courier that Doesn't Deliver

Tentworld uses a courier that doesn't deliver. The Courier just leaves a card even if you're at home waiting, then dumps the goods at a shop about a km away. Tentworld demanded I should waste my time picking it up, refused to correct the failed delivery. It's been returned to them and I'm still waiting on a refund. They have advised they'll charge me for the delivery that didn't happen. Purchase goods from companies that don't use Courier Please.

feraltek

None of this explanation has delivered the goods. I've taken it up with PayPal because all mesages from Tentworld gave zero satisfaction. I suggest you look on these review pages at the complaints with your chosen courier company.

Liz

LizRichmond-Tweed, NSW

EVAKOOL fridge

Had my EVAKOOL fridge less than 6 months
Have problem with cable
Tent world tweed heads dont want to know about it and made me take to repairer.
Not happy.

Store LocationTweed heads nsw

tony smithGold Coast

Unable to honour warranty

Purchased an $1800 tent from these guys and gave them 2 opportunities to fix the issues, in the end they blamed supplier and suppliers blamed them and we ended up with a leaky tent and an explanation that broken zippers and faulty stitching is general wear and tear.
The tent was used maximum of 6 times!
Any reputable business would never leave their clients losing out because if their issues with the supplier.

Store LocationBurleigh heads

Sue

SueKimberley, WA

poor service

Purchased an Oztrail Collapsible bin. Bin had faults after first use. Emailed Tentworld. I was told bin must be destroyed and photo's emailed to them and then a refund would be issued. There was no offer to replace the bin. No waiting on refund...

wyrmbait

wyrmbaitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Burliegh Store

I know each store is different, and faulty products can be frustrating to deal with both the customer and the store.
My experience is only with staff in the store, it has been very positive. Each time i was there plenty of staff, always offered help when walking in store. They offered extra help and when i asked for help using an item just purchased more than happy to help with simple request.

I prefer to go here that big branded stores, lots of products and friendly service for the Burleigh store.

Remember people are more inclined to leave a bad review than a good one. But if you have bad experience you should let people know.

Store LocationBurleigh QLD
Happy camper

Happy camperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service

Brought a swag on the weekend from Tentworld Ipswich and when unpacking, one of the spreader poles was slightly dented preventing it from extending properly. Took it back to the Ipswich store next day and they replaced the faulty pole straight away with another one. I was extremely worried I was going to have to wait or receive poor customer service from reading the reviews on here. So was very impressed and appreciative with the Ipswich Tentworld staffs help. I have brought numerous supplies over the years from Tentworld they have a great range and quality camping gear. Thanks for always providing a great experience.

Store LocationIpswich Tentworld

Doug & Sonja D.South East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed with Dometic

We bought a Dometic Porta Potti from Tentworld.
We filled the top up with water and it was leaking.
Took it to Tentworld and were told that we had to take it up with Dometic.
Not impressed.
We took it to the Dometic Service Center and they told us that they have no idea how long it would take.
We have been waiting two weeks and we have only now received a replacement water tank, and it looks old and second hand with all the marks on it, dust in the joints and water around the cap.
Very disappointed with Dometic's so-called after sales service.

Store LocationToowoomba

Faulty Product & Terrible Customer Service

I received a faulty tent after purchasing online. TentWorld customer service team have advised that it is “unlucky” to have received a faulty item and will not exchange or refund on the item, they will only process a warranty repair. The product is new and unused and arrived faulty - somehow this is my fault and considered “unlucky” to receive a faulty item. Totally unacceptable customer service.

nickluu73

nickluu73AU

Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

Store LocationCoopers Plains

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

disgusting & underhanded customer service

I called your Coopers Plains store to ask for your best price on a Joolca hot water system. The guys reply was to come to the store if serious to discuss hes best price. We drove 45 mins to the store to be told they don't do any discount pricing on Joolca. The attitude was very snide & condescending when we explained what we had been told over the phone. We have used Tentworld a lot over the years but wont be going back any time soon. As fortune would have it Joocla was doing a 10% off on e-bay so we took up this offer. Karma perhaps? If any one is chasing Joolca check e-bay first.

Store LocationCoopers Plains
BeeJ

BeeJ

These guys go way beyond the ordinary!

In our 60's, I have been able to talk my husband into going camping again! The guys at Tent World were really helpful and understanding of our need for the odd bit of comfort. They went beyond what you would expect from great sales staff in helping us put together what we needed.

Store LocationFishwyck, ACT
Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

So glad to hear we helped you and your husband get into camping again BeeJ! Thank you very much for your great review it's most appreciated & I know the team will love reading this one. Happy Camping! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

rob peatey

rob peateyNorth Queensland, QLD

purchase oztrail fast frame dusk tent and coleman all terrain queen inflatable matress.

great staff at Townsville. helen was very helpful with info about tent and mattress. will be back again to check out other gear. store set out is great with plenty of room to move.

Store Locationtownsville
Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Thanks for your great review Rob! I'll be passing on for Helen to enjoy reading too. Thank you & looking forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Queenie

QueenieNorth Queensland, QLD

Great store and helpful staff

The staff are so helpful. I had a lady,Kat(?sp?) and she knew exactly her stuff!!! The store is laid out in a logical manner and not all squeezed into a small space

Store LocationTownsville
Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Thank you Queenie! Enjoy your new camping gear!

Kevin

KevinBoambee East

Beware Beware Beware Online Store

Michael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ordinary response to a warranty request.

Purchased 2 OUTDOOR Companion Rhino Lounge chairs in December 2018 @139.00 each, went to use them again last Wednesday 10/4/19 and found one had rusted on letting Tentworld know and sending them photos on my return ( i did not take the chair as rusty water was pouring out) . I did leave the chair outside for about 2 days but in saying this they are OUTDOOR chairs for gods sake and they shouldn`t have rusted in that amount of time. Tentworld and Companion will not cover any warranty.
Not really happy with any of there responses.

Mike G

Michael G

I would understand if the chair was a year old or more but not 4 months, the tag is still attached to the chair.

TC123asked

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!

Dedicated Camper T.Tentworld

Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

TC123

It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonable

TC123

Additionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?

Get an answer from our members and Tentworld representatives