Cheating, disgusting and unfriendly customer service

I went to your Coopers Plains store to ask for price matching on supa-peg 225mm tent peg.
1. The manager is refused as "there is not worth for them to match .29 cent cheaper at Snowy Store in Brendal". This is disgusting. Yes, as a customer, it is worth every single cents for me.
2. I contact the head office ask about their price match policy. The guy named Jarrod is very friendly and try to sort out the price match. They are happy to do it and ask me how many do I need and which store I will come to pay and collect it. I gave your Cooper Plains store second chance.
3. I came back to your Cooper Plains store, it looks like it has not been arranged as promised from the head office. No ones in this stores know about this. I show them the conversation between me and the head office. One staff said "the head office should not involve or interfere about this price match, let me talk to the manager". The staff went to Snowy website to check the price again and happy to do price matching at this time, $1.00 for each. He asked me how many do I need. I said I need 15 of them.
4. He come to collect and come back to the counter. The total is $15.00 for 15 of supa-peg 225mm tent peg.
5. I gave him the TW voucher $15.00, he is not happy at all and ask the manager about the acceptance. The manager said "just do it so he will not come back". This is disgusting again.
6. I paid and wrap all peg on the counter to work out the store as well as counting. This is my mistake. I pass the door I found there are only 13 of them. I came back straight away to confront him.
7. He said "there are 15 of them, he counted twice when he got them from shelf. You are welcome to snowy to buy other 2" and walk away. This is disgusting and cheating.

YES TentWorld, I will not come back to this store again.

Store LocationCoopers Plains
Hi Nick, Thank you for taking the time to review your shopping experience with us. I am very sorry to read about your experience in our store. I wish to assure you that this is not what you should expect from our stores and that we take great pride in the quality of our service, advice and range. Please be assured that I will investigate this, and take action on any findings I make. You can be sure that if you do give the Coopers Plains store another opportunity you will find your experience to be totally different. I have found your messenger thread on Facebook, and will reach out to you separately to continue this investigation. Thank you. If in the meantime I can help you with anything else. Please let me know. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

disgusting & underhanded customer service

I called your Coopers Plains store to ask for your best price on a Joolca hot water system. The guys reply was to come to the store if serious to discuss hes best price. We drove 45 mins to the store to be told they don't do any discount pricing on Joolca. The attitude was very snide & condescending when we explained what we had been told over the phone. We have used Tentworld a lot over the years but wont be going back any time soon. As fortune would have it Joocla was doing a 10% off on e-bay so we took up this offer. Karma perhaps? If any one is chasing Joolca check e-bay first.

Store LocationCoopers Plains
Hi Paul, thank you for your feedback regarding our team members interactions with you on the phone & in the store. I will discuss this with the team as I agree with you - what you've described, should not have been how it goes. I have just taken a look at Joolca on eBay, and I am not able to see any special offer on their units - I will discuss this with Joolca however, as they are our partner - we support them by stocking their units, displaying them and advertising them & it is not acceptable for them to offer promotions that our customers are not eligible for and is not in the spirits of a healthy partnership. However, what I suspect has actually happened is that you've been given a discount offer from eBay themselves, not Joolca. Often, eBay themselves do sometimes have offers - which comes from eBay themselves - so I'm glad you were able to get 10% off but Joolca still get their full payment. Typically, the Joolca units are not eligible for any discount, as the model Joolca have chosen is to choose an aggressive, fair price & to then just sell. Rather than forcing customers to wait for when they come on special etc. We do support Joolca with this strategy, and our customers appreciate this knowing that whenever they choose to buy - they're not paying too much. I appreciate you taking the time to leave us with this feedback, I will be discussing with the team how we deal with phone enquiries like yours, what we could have done better, and how we could have handled your enquiry instore that could have resulted in you being happy with your experience - rather than compelled to write bad reviews. I appreciate this opportunity & feedback thank you. If you did have any further feedback, or tips on how we could improve. Feel free to email these to feedback@tentworld.com.au - we are in the business of providing the best range of camping gear, at competitive prices with great customer service. We this feedback is always helpful! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

These guys go way beyond the ordinary!

In our 60's, I have been able to talk my husband into going camping again! The guys at Tent World were really helpful and understanding of our need for the odd bit of comfort. They went beyond what you would expect from great sales staff in helping us put together what we needed.

Store LocationFishwyck, ACT
So glad to hear we helped you and your husband get into camping again BeeJ! Thank you very much for your great review it's most appreciated & I know the team will love reading this one. Happy Camping! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

purchase oztrail fast frame dusk tent and coleman all terrain queen inflatable matress.

great staff at Townsville. helen was very helpful with info about tent and mattress. will be back again to check out other gear. store set out is great with plenty of room to move.

Store Locationtownsville
Thanks for your great review Rob! I'll be passing on for Helen to enjoy reading too. Thank you & looking forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Bad customer service!!!

Bad customer service, spent nearly 2 K from store when wanted to return some band new product as it was faulty they didnt swap it for me. I would give them zero if I could.

Hi Mel, firstly - thank you for shopping with us - we value your business. Secondly, sorry that you're disappointed in us. What you've described sounds very strange.. If you've got brand new faulty gear from us, then this is a simple case of going through the suppliers warranty diagnostic process to ensure appropriate resolution. Given you're saying its in brand new condition, this should be easy. In addition to that we're obligated to repair/replace under Australian Consumer Law if it has manufacturing faults but naturally we want to do it anyway, as we want you coming back for life. Something seems to have gone wrong here from the information provided. Please email me details of your claim including details of your warranty claim, invoice number and contact information to feedback@tentworld.com.au so that I can investigate & resolve. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Great store and helpful staff

The staff are so helpful. I had a lady,Kat(?sp?) and she knew exactly her stuff!!! The store is laid out in a logical manner and not all squeezed into a small space

Store LocationTownsville
Thank you Queenie! Enjoy your new camping gear!

Beware Beware Beware Online Store

I purchased an inflatable Thermarest Mondo King XXL mattress from Tentworld only to have the wrong item sent. I ordered an XXL but a L was delivered. When I contacted staff to question transaction I was told because it was a special order there was no refund or exchange policy. The XXL was on the same price as the Large for $399, so my question to them, "Why would I order the L when the XXL was exactly the same price." I feel somewhere between me ordering the item online and their processes an incorrect item code has been placed. Good luck getting any satisfaction. Now I am left with an expensive incorrect sized item just before Easter Camping. Not happy jan. NB: It appears that I am not the only person to have similar issues according to previous reviews.

"I purchased an inflatable bed from Tentworld only to have the wrong item sent."

Hi Kevin, I am very sorry to hear you're unhappy with us & that we've let you down. Following the receipt of your review, I have been in contact with our third party ecommerce platform provider Neto to discuss with them your allegations regarding the order being changed from Large, to Extra Large. For your information NETO are the ecommerce system providers for hundreds of retailers in Australia and process many thousands of transactions daily. I am very sorry to inform you that unfortunately you did not place the order the for XXL as you believe. We also make it very clear you are placing an order for Special Order items. We also send a follow up email advising time frames and reinforcing the item bought, and that it was special order. FYI - it would have been our preference to sell the the XXL - as we have plenty of these in-stock, as it is not a Special Order item. Chatting with stock control team, we can see that we do sell the Large Mondoking fairly often so if you do still have this mattress in brand new, unopened, unused condition. We are happy to exchange this for you so that you can get the XXL that you were originally meaning to order. If you'd like to go ahead with this. Please respond to the email where we've offered you the same. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Ordinary response to a warranty request.

Purchased 2 OUTDOOR Companion Rhino Lounge chairs in December 2018 @139.00 each, went to use them again last Wednesday 10/4/19 and found one had rusted on letting Tentworld know and sending them photos on my return ( i did not take the chair as rusty water was pouring out) . I did leave the chair outside for about 2 days but in saying this they are OUTDOOR chairs for gods sake and they shouldn`t have rusted in that amount of time. Tentworld and Companion will not cover any warranty.
Not really happy with any of there responses.

Mike G

Hi Michael G, I'm sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the outcome of your warranty claim. We always look to ensure that a fair & legal outcome is achieved for our customers with our suppliers. If you believe this is not the case and a mistake has been made then please email feedback@tentworld.com.au. Please ensure you include all relevant information including purchase date, invoice number, previous correspondence & images. Once received, we'll investigate your claim to check it's been correctly assessed and if so, try to offer you further clarity as to why this is the outcome. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.I would understand if the chair was a year old or more but not 4 months, the tag is still attached to the chair.

I ordered a tent online from Tent World and was very surprised how quick it was delivered. Only 3 business days. It was missing tent poles for the awnings however when I contacted them they had arranged a replacement pole set within 10 mins of me contacting them. I would highly recommend tent world as the service is great and nothing is a problem.

Thank you for the great review Marty ! I hope you are able to go camping soon & put your new tent to good use! Kind Regards Tentworld team.We have used it without the awnings. It was in torrential rain, and I'm pleased to say it withstood all weather with ease. Inside was extremely comfortable for 2 adults and the 3 kids. Our first setup was done in the pitch black dark with use of a camping light. It went up super fast. The put down was done in the rain and done just as fast. Great tent!Great to hear Marty! Thanks for the trip report! Setting up in the dark is always a challenge, glad you got it all done with ease! Happy Camping ~ Tentworld team.

Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent

Purchased tent 'Roman Rapid X Quick Up 420 Instant Tent'. First outing weather was windy and major centre support poles snapped. Tentworld would not refund. Wouldn't recommend tent or company.

Hi Roundy C, thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that your first outing in your new tent was a wild one and that your tent failed during the weather event. This does not sound like it would have been fun at all. Hopefully you were able to make the best of it, and managed to enjoy the remainder of your holiday? Please note, that all tents we sell are inspected by us prior to offering them to our customers to ensure they're of acceptable quality. All tents we sell are covered by manufacturers warranty for defects in the tents manufacturing process & design. The Roman tents, are not made by us and if we believe there are manufacturing faults, we are more than happy to push this onto the manufacturer to fix. It's not in our best interest to do anything else, or else we do face backlash from our customers as you've done just now. You, our customers - are our number one priority. For this reason we only partner with brands that do have acceptable warranty application processes, and teams to deal with this in a timely fashion. Sadly, the damage you've described in your review, sounds more like storm damage than a manufacturers fault. Like your home, if its damaged in a storm - this is covered by insurance - not the manufacturer/builder. So if you do have home & contents insurance, depending on your policy - you may be covered through them. With this above information if you believe that we've made an incorrect assessment of your application for manufacturers warranty. Then please send a detailed email to feedback@tentworld.com.au with all information you believe relevant collated so that we can investigate your claim and ensure it's been dealt with correctly. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Great customer service

Recently ordered Blackwolf Turbo 450 Cabin. It arrived with a small whole in the fly. I emailed a photo and after two days the team let me know that they had worked with Blackwolf to organise a replacement fly to be couriered straight to our house.

On one hand you might read this and say well that's exactly what we would expect as a consumer. Though so many times at other online stores i have been disappointed and ended up arguing the toss about how the damage occurred, can i send back the original item first, who pays for shipping etc...... I was pleasantly surprised!

Thankyou Tentworld, you have a loyal customer

cheers
Drew

Hi Drew, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with this review it's most appreciated. Really sorry to hear that your purchase experience was not perfect at the start, but I'm glad we were able to achieve the results for you ultimately, without too much hassle. Thank you very much for your patience with us, it's most appreciated. Most of all though, I hope you are able to take your new tent camping soon! Enjoy! Those Turbo 450s are terrific! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Great product, excellent service

Ordered a Coleman Queen Size Double High with built in pump on 13.03.19, great product, inflated easily, comfortable and stays up with the odd top up required every couple of days which the manufactured states. Fantastic customer service and in particular a big shout out to Helen in Townsville who managed to sort out my purchase over the phone and went out of her way to get it delivered on time so I didn't have to sleep on the floor. I cant speak highly enough about Team Townsville ;-)

Glad to hear you're loving your new Coleman bed Dave! Thank you very much for your review it's most appreciated. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Issues with suppliers but Tentworld go the extra mile to resolve

Ordered a Roman instant up tent which arrived damaged, so tent world organised courier to collect & send replacement. 2nd tent arrived damaged in same place. Note do not buy Roman instant up tents the floor may as well be paper. Tent world removed it for sale from their website. Advised I’d pay extra for Coleman & they sent out new tent & arranged collection of the Roman Rubbish.
Coleman tent arrived but issue with misaligned pole, managed to bodge a temporary fix for camp trip whilst tentworld sent replacement pole. Pole arrived & fitted so happy at last.

Yes, My buying experience had issues but all were supplier issues not tent world. Check your purchases & try tents etc before using. Tent world did everything they could to rectify. That’s what you want from a retailer.

Hi Steve, thank you for your great review. Sorry that your buying experience was not as smooth as we'd like but I'm glad we could resolve the issues for you as painlessly as possible and most importantly - got you camping! I hope you put your tent to good use again soon. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Tentworld Online Courier Service Is a Let Down

We visited a Tentworld store for a particular tent with excellent reviews online but they had none in stock. Made a few phone calls to other stores but they also had none in stock.

We decided to purchase online following the excellent reviews and fast delivery service.

I was really happy with the service online and everything was going smoothly including being able to track my order via their third party courier service.

As my order was extremely urgent, I was tracking it every day and then by the third day I called the courier service company around 2pm only to be advised that it must be on its way and the delivery is still within the ETA but if it's not delivered to call them after close of business.

I called them after close of business and the answering machine said they are now closed and to call back between the hours of 8.30am to 5pm. I submitted another enquiry online and I received an email stating that my order will now be investigated.

My family left to go on our camping trip and I am left behind to wait for our tent to be delivered with no guarantee of receiving my order.

Tentworld Online, your Courier service provider is letting you down!

My family and I returned from our camping trip yesterday (29 Jan) and I am now providing another update. I placed my order on the 19 Jan. According to Tentworld Online Customer Rep, my order was to be picked up from Tentworld Toowoomba by the courier company, 'Couriers Please' and delivered to my address (147km away). I didn't receive my order until the 24 Jan. Asked why a 2-hour delivery would take days, Tentworld Online replied with, "I don't know but I'll try and call them". Well, I tried to cancel my order but was advised that if I wanted to cancel, I would have to pay the delivery fee of $89. I tried to dispute the charge but was advised that courier companies are not liable for any loss or damage of goods and that a customer should obtain insurance. Well no, the online retailer is responsible for the parcel until it is delivered, instead of the Courier company; and insurance is not offered as an option when purchasing goods from your online store. Asked how can I be charged for the delivery fee if I haven't received the delivery? I was advised that I hadn't allowed a "reasonable amount of time". Asked what is considered a reasonable amount of time, and the reply was, "I don't know, about 10 days". In addition, if the order doesn't show up in 14 days, the Courier company will lodge a lost parcel in transit and only then can Tentworld Online refund my money.

I received a call two hours later from the same Tentworld Customer Rep advising that their manager had granted approval to waive the delivery service fee and instructed that I go to my local store and buy one (which means that I would be out of pocket by two x $600 tents), and when my original order arrives that I am not to open it but to return it to my local store.

I am disappointed, to say the least that this is Tentworld Online's best solution. I am very grateful that my original order did arrive and that I didn't have to gone down this path nor would I ever purchase from your online store again.

Hi Tam, Thank you for your review & feedback. I am glad that your tent did ultimately make it to you. Sorry that it didnt happen as quickly as we'd both expect. We rely on our delivery partners in order to ensure our customers receive the experience they expect. We have recorded this feedback & will be raising this with our couriers at their next performance meeting. We do monitor our couriers constantly, and have changed in the past due to reliability & performance issues. Afterall, they impact heavily on our customers experiences. Unfortunately, on individual cases as you've experienced all couriers are not particularly responsive. Sometimes parcels get jammes somehow in their networks. The trouble is they're such big organisations, with so many people involved they are not able to be very responsive. Thankfully our couriers do have many checks in place, that usually resolve these issues fairly quickly - as was the case with your parcel. Ultimately it took 4 business days to be delivered, instead of the 1-2 that you'd expect normally. Sorry also that you were not satisfied with our solutions for when parcels are slow in transit. These policies were quite standard when we last revised them and are in line with most ecommerce retailers of high value items. We will take this feedback on board and see what we could do to make this more acceptable. Thanks again for your review and giving us this feedback this helps us continuously improve & ensure we're delivering the best experience possible. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Today 2/01/2019 I bought a Yamaha Generator and I found the staff at Tent world Townsville very helpfull and were reasonably priced

Thank you for the great review Joe, and for your support it's very much appreciated. Enjoy your new Yamaha generator! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

ON-line buying

I tried to buy almost $200 worth of camping gear , and on the website it says anything over $89 free shipment. Because i stay in WA , i can not get the free shipment , even though they have a shop in Midland. I would rather support another camping store. Good buy Tent world!!!!

Hi Dup, thank you for your feedback. We are working very hard to be able to activate dispatching from our Perth store, and when we do we'll be able to turn on free freight to most of Perth and freight to the rest of WA will be cheaper but unfortunately until then we are unable to absorb the cost of freight to WA and must charge for it. We only pass on the cost of freight as we're charged for it and is not profit generating. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you are close to our Perth store I think it's well worth the effort of visiting to touch & hold the goodies before buying. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Best shopping experience I’ve had in a LONG time.

We recently bought an old poptop camper and so are currently decking with everything needed for extended stays away from the rat race. We have visited most camping related stores throughout Townsville, pricing out our requirements. Until we walked into the new Tentworld Townsville store, we had come to conclusion that good old fashioned service was simply a thing of the past and that we should simply research the stuff we needed and then buy from the cheapest store (or online).

From the moment I walked into Tentworld I was VERY impressed by their beautifully decorated and laid out premises and how well stocked it was. Better still is that most things are actually set up or on display so you can look, touch and try things before laying out your hard earned money. This alone was impressive but then I met the staff. Everyone I have spoken to there has been extremely friendly, helpful. Each have gone above and beyond in making sure I had all the information I wanted or needed with never a hint of impatience (like a lot of other stores). These reasons alone had me sold on purchasing m gear here but then I checked the prices. In most cases, there prices where equal to if not better then the other stores!

All I can say is, go in and see for yourself if what I say is true. In the last two weeks I have purchased a fridge/freezer, three camp chairs, a kettle and some miscellaneous items totaling over $1300 and will be shopping there again very soon.

Shayne

Hi Shayne, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with this great review and helping get the word out about what we do & why we're worth the visit. Thank you also for shopping with us! I'm glad we could help you gear up! I'll be sharing this with the Townsville team and I know they'll be very pleased to read such great feedback. Looking forward to hearing about how your new gear performs when you are able to test it on your next holiday! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

BUYER BEWARE

SO BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE
I bought a shade, they had no display of so my only option was to open it and see what it was like. Absolutely "not" what i wanted so when I went to return it, in new condition in its packing a couple of days later,they wouldn't refund my money, this is there policy because it was opened
SO BEWARE. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP THAT HAS A BETTER RETURN POLICY. I don't think I would shop there again!!!!!

Hi Woody, thank you for your feedback on our returns policy. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with it. To explain we're unable to accept opened returns because our customers have an expectation of buying unused, unopened brand new goods when they shop from us. In the past, when we have accepted opened goods - we have also experienced negative feedback from customers who've found traces of someone else trialing the goods. So it's not possible to win at both ends. We try our best to provide all the information necessary by way of product descriptions, pictures etc to make a decision when buying our equipment. Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to display everything in-store due to the vast ranges available. We do also make sales people available to help with any questions you may have. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Worst customer service!

If I could rate a negative star review I would. I went to the Tweed Heads store to look at a product I saw online, to see if it suited my needs. They didn't have it in stock but I was advised that it was in their warehouse. I ordered the product and paid, as instructed, by the sales person. When it arrived I collected the same and found it wasn't suitable. I returned to the store to find something better suited. A young fella helped me to find the right product but when it came to exchanging the products I was told I couldn't return my first order as it was a SPECIAL order. I'm a pensioner and I really couldn't afford both products but they wouldn't budge! They even sell Darche products in-store, so the return wouldn't have been out of place. Terrible company and shocking service. Unbelievably disappointed!

Hi Mark, sorry to hear you're not satisfied with our Special Order Policy. If you think that we've not assessed your situation correctly, or wish to add more detail for us to consider - please email feedback@tentworld.com.au with an in depth description of what's happened & the time line, invoice number etc so that our customer service team can investigate & if possible try resolve. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Great Customer Service - Black Wolf tent

I bought a Black Wolf tent through Tentworld - it was delivered very promptly. The first time I took it camping one of the fibreglass poles broke and I found a manufacturing defect in the floor of the tent that had left one of the seams with a hole in it.
On return I provided photos to Tentworld and explained the issues with the new product.
They immediately told me to return the damaged poles and tent inner and replaced them with brand new ones. They paid for the return shipping and sent the replacements within a couple of days.

Excellent customer service and great product support - thank you Tentworld for great work

Hi Adrian, thank you very much for your great review! Sorry to hear about your rough start with your new Blackwolf Tent! Glad we were able to sort it out for you as quickly & painlessly as possible. I hope you put your new tent to good use soon! Kind Regards, Tentworld team.

Hey Tentworld can you explain to me why you think it’s ok to ask a customer who received a damaged product from your warehouse to destroy the damaged product and sent photographic evidence that it has been destroyed to the point it is no longer able to be used before you send a replacement? Not very ethical if you ask me!
Hi TC123, we agree with you that it's very wasteful and we'd much prefer that things could be repaired than destroyed when they have faults. This would be much better for the environment, and is something that we try to do as much as we can. We are constantly pushing for our suppliers to develop products that are easily repairable & serviceable rather than disposable items. Sadly, in our current economic environment the costs of repairs are often not practical or are too inconvenient for our customers. Many of our suppliers require us to return the goods to them so they can inspect them to take notes on what failed in their items for future upgrades. After inspection, they typically will then destroy them whilst salvaging as many parts from it as practical. However, in some cases where there is no practical salvage possible, and our suppliers do not need to physically inspect the goods prior to destroying them in some instances we offer the option of destroying the goods themselves at their own home - rather than having to arrange the return of the goods to us. This is offered as a convenience to our customers to be able to destroy it themselves, rather than going through the hassle of arranging to get the goods back to us. Sadly, whilst delivering items is very easy - arranging couriers to collect from residential homes is still very very frustrating - so we try to avoid putting our customers through this if we can. This does also reduce our carbon footprint slightly, because ultimately if the goods are being destroyed in your home - they would be destroyed upon their return to the supplier but a whole lot less fuel has gone into producing the same end result. We are fortunate some of our suppliers allow us to offer this to our customers. This need to return the goods prior to replacement is typical from any retail store before theyre replaced. The act of destroying & us then replacing is mimicing that in-store experience without the hassle of having to arrange for it to be returned to us. I hope that this explains this better. If you have anymore questions please feel free. Kind Regards, Tentworld team.It would just end up another piece of garbage in a landfill I would suggest letting us donate the slightly damaged product to charity and sending a replacement ASAP this not only satisfies your customer it also lowers waste and your “carbon footprint” I don’t think I am being unreasonableAdditionally, how is it convenient for the customer to have to destroy something? As a customer one should expect to receive an undamaged product, it is understandable that these things happen however when they do I believe it is the responsibility of the seller to promptly issue a replacement. Don’t you agree?