Palmers Relocations

Palmers Relocations

Thanks to all involved with my recent moves

I had a double move. My move was to a city apartment and the other load was a part container load to rural WA.
The pick up crew arrived promptly as promised and set about with gusto to do a part pack of breakables and paintings and moving furniture and other items. The guys were efficient and very thorough with their work. The process was seamless and finished in good time. The crew were very courteous, and no complaints or grumbles despite all the stairs they had to navigate. A magnificent effort. They were fantastic.
The next day drop off was one to witness. Matt, Josh and Tremaine were inspirational. Their speed and efficiency meant that everything was in well within the scheduled delivery time. The guys went the extra distance in being able to move things around for me and down to my basement store room. Again the guys were fantastic and a credit to the company.
A comment from the Building Manager indicated that the Palmer's crew were by far the best he had seen coming into the new apartment complex. He mentioned their processes were extremely efficient.
Would I use Palmer's again and recommend them to others? Too right. Excellent outcome, and all done with good cheers, courtesy, and regular contact to let me know what was going on and when.
Thanks Kieran for starting a really successful move.

3 bedroom move.
Thank you very much for a wonderful job. Saved alot of stress.
These people are the best!
We moved from Newcastle to Sydney and it took less than a day.
Chris was efficient, professional and know what he was doing.
Thank you for taking such great care with our treasured possessions.
Would recommend this company to anyone

TERRIBLE SERVICE 2019!

Told me that my stuff will arrive in 6-8 weeks from Miami to Sydney. Sent my stuff 2nd Sept 2018 and after 5 months of excuses and lies they delivered my stuff on 30 January 2019. My house empty with 2 little kids , wife and grandparents. Something that u really don't want to experience. DON'T USE THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Another excellent move with Palmers

Used Palmers again to send a second consignment to Ireland.
The guys were fabulous and everything was moved quickly and efficiently and with great courtesy.
Susan + Walter

When someone can make one of the most stressfull things feel like a breeze.

Faultless, AMAZING and professional are just some of the words that come to mind when describing the guys at Palmers. Moving my family while im heavily pregnant from Melbourne to Perth, they made it feel like a breeze. I dont have enough praise for everyone involved in helping us with the big move.

Great experience with Palmers Relocations

Our move was a complete success and we had a great experience with Palmers Relocations.

It wasn’t an easy one to manage. We had a large 4 bedroom house in Hawthorn VIC and we sent our containers to 2 separate address in Sydney but the guys did really well at separating this and their coordination and management of the situation was a huge relief.

From the beginning to the end the team helped us and got everything done so quickly!
We definitely will use palmers in the future for another move.

Good in Australia, not great overseas

Moved a two bedroom house to New Zealand with Palmers. Their sales representative was very convincing and emphasised that everything would be done for us in NZ, down to the clothes being hung in our wardrobe. Also mentioned that the reason to use a moving company was to ensure that everything was labelled properly for customs. Was advised that the move would take about three weeks.

The move in Sydney all went well but became difficult once we moved to NZ. We rented a house but it soon became clear that our furniture wouldn’t be available until six weeks had passed. Some of this was due to the ship that was booked but it was mostly due to the partner movers, NZ movers, just not moving our furniture because they had other jobs to do.
Customs was unable to easily locate some items as the labelling wasn’t clear enough.
It also turned out that our contract didn’t mention anything about unpacking in NZ and there certainly wasn’t going to be anyone hanging up our clothes. Although our contract mentioned that cots would be reassembled NZ movers initially wouldn’t do this. They would do this after signing a waiver but I ended up just reassembling them myself.

Palmers were good at communicating with us but our move was very stressful and I expected better. My advice is to very carefully check the contract if you have been promised an unpack at the other end. Also ask a lot of questions about when it is likely that your goods will be available in the destination country.

Excellent service from Palmers

We made two very big moves from country NSW recently, sending 2 x 20' high cube containers to Ireland and a small truck to Sydney. From the very beginning the operation was made easy for us by the expertise of the representative. He was knowledgeable and friendly and coordinated the move from start to finish very smoothly and professionally.
The upload in Mudgee went perfectly and the 4 man team were mannerly, careful and professional. They arrived from Sydney the day before the move and finished earlier than anticipated having cleared up after themselves. There was no damage to the Sydney bound items; the Irish bound consignment is still in transit but we're not worried given the standard of the packing we observed.
We were more than pleased with our moving experience with Palmers and have no hesitation in recommending the company.
Susan and Walter

Did what they promised... happy with results

We recently had to move out of our 4 bedroom home in Newport VIC to Sorrento VIC. It was a big move with 3 x kids all under 5 and a travelling hubby.

Having moved so many times before, I decided I was not going to do anything this time AT ALL !! I wanted everything packed completely for me and unpacked at delivery. Best decision and I highly recommend it. By the time it would have taken me to do this myself plus the cost of boxes I think it is value for money for anyone.

I did a bit of research and a few ladies at my local mothers group suggested Palmers Relocations as one of them had used this company to move from Sydney and said they were really good and she was right, I was really impressed with their professionalism and hard working attitude. Nothing was too much for them.

Turns out we had 2 x completely full shipping containers. There were 4 x packers on the Thursday and 5 x movers on the Friday led by a rough diamond named Chris. He was brilliant at ushering the other guys and they got the whole move done on the Friday by 3:30pm. I didn't believe him that it would be done by then, but he seemed to be very confident and he and the team definitely delivered.

I don't normally write reviews but wanted to repay the good work by the guys. Would highly recommend

Don’t judge a book by it’s cover

We moved from a townhouse (middle of 3) Williamstown (Melbourne) to Ballarat. The representative, [name removed], was charming, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly. My husband’s work was paying for the move. The movers arrived 35 minutes early so our neighbours were unprepared (we had told them of an 8am start). I had placed clothes pegs prominently on items that were not to be packed or moved and told all the packers of this. Ignored! Boxes were reused from our international move and not relabeled. An inexpensive standing lamp was damaged and some light items squashed by heavier items being put on top. Most items were very well protected and packed, especially kitchenware. The driver of the large truck was a smoker who left butts on the property and before even getting out of the truck started to berate the packer in the garage. Somewhere in this process the render was damaged on a wall at the front of the Williamstown property. Despite promises to pay for it at the time, this is now an unresolved issue. We should have got my husband’s employer to withhold payment perhaps, but it was out of my hands!

Reliable, capable, friendly and affordable

We moved from a four bedroom house in the outer suburbs to a three bedroom apartment on the seventh floor of a high rise complex, storing our goods with Palmers for several months in the interim. The whole process from survey to final collection of packing material after we settled was smooth and efficient. Nothing was damaged in either leg of the move or in storage, and we received nothing but prompt, courteous and professional treatment from everyone in the Palmers team. And having shopped around we know that we also got excellent value for money. We highly recommend Palmers for anyone’s removal or storage needs.

Perfect Experience

3 bedroom apartment only took 2 days and everything was packed and put away at the other end best move I've ever done and put away better than I could ever have done myself.

Successful move to UAE

My wife and I decided to move back to the UAE (Abu Dhabi) after 4 fantastic years in Sydney. We were recommended to Palmers by some family
Friends.

Our goods just arrived on Friday to our home in Abu Dhabi and everything arrived in good condition and with no damages. I also received a call from Palmers in Australia to check how it all went which was a very nice gesture indeed.

Would gladly recommend to anyone. Top moving company

Worst customer service

Moved 4 bedroom house from Sydney to Sunshine Coast. Had to ring on morning of scheduled move but was advised that the booking had not booked in. They quickly arranged to have people come and do the move.
Our belongings went into storage until we could find a rental and once we did it took about 10 days to get some of our furniture. It then took another period of time to get the remainder of our household goods. There was no care given bringing in our furniture and our 12 month old fridge was scratched. The removalist apologised and told us we would be compensated. When we went back to them we were told that they were not responsible for any damage. Unbelievable!
There were a lot of other issues also. Would NOT recommend Palmers!

Hi Elizabeth, we appreciate all reviews both good and bad. Whilst you are correct in that the booking had not been made due to an administrative error, we still collected everything on the scheduled day as you requested once the issue had been identified.

Fantastic Overall Service

My family and I just moved to Sydney. It was a big move and we were not prepared at all to be truthful. We had a 5 bedroom home in Caulfield so a fairy big move to another state.

We had a few quotes but felt comfortable with the Palmers offer so decided to use them.

The removal team in Melbourne were tops as were the team who delivered our goods and took apart our furniture as well as putting it back together as well which was a nice touch.

I gave these guys a 4 instead of a 5 only because I think anything needs to be truly outstanding to get a 5 but would have no worries with recommending them to others, it was a high quality service all in all

Excellent move, highly recommended.

Contacted Palmers on on a Monday for a move from Sydney to Melbourne. The team arrived early Friday to move my unit. Lots of stairs and some tight corners, but it all went excellent. The team was a well oiled machine. When my goods arrived in Melbourne it was exactly the same!! Two very good crews. Even the office staff were great, no many how many times I called in for a question or two or three, it was always welcomed. No hesitancy in recommending Palmers to anyone looking for a great moving experience.

Don't use them for overseas moves

We engaged them to move everything from a 2 bedroom flat from Sydney to France, and their service has been appalling. What you need to understand is that for such a move they only do the work in Australia and work with a temporary partner overseas. Basically as soon as your container leaves Australia you're on your own.

We had countless issues. Among them:
- Despite promising "Delivery, placement, re-assembly & unpacking of cartons (to benchtop) upon delivery" only 20% of the boxes were unpacked (I had to take 3 days off work to finish the work).
- An additional 250 Euros at delivery despite having onsite parking. They stated it was "outside of their control". Apparently most movers play this trick though.
- They dismantled Ikea furniture and then refused to reassemble it. They never mentioned anything in any of the onsite visits, but later argued this exclusion was covered in the fine prints of the contract: 'You will notice in our service offering we mention under “packing and wrapping” we mention “Dismantle any items such as beds, tables and desks (basic items)”'. This came as a huge surprise, as I specifically asked the crew onsite when they were dismantling the furniture if the crew on the other end would reassemble it on the other side, and they told me (summarizing:) "yes, they're meant to, but they might try to get out of it. Make sure to show them the contract". When their partner refused to reassemble and I escalated to Palmer's director things got ugly real quick. His answer: "You have just accused my guys of advising something which they are specifically trained against doing. [...] This discussion is finished. If you are unhappy with the service offering, I suggest you escalate it through a regulated body such as the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)".

So, basically, I ended up on the other end with a bunch of boxes and most of the furniture to reassemble myself. Not exactly the "stress free, high quality and cost effective international move" they promised. And I was seriously annoyed at having been taken for a ride, and being called a liar...
Their sales guy is great, but other than that you should give them a pass for international moves. Use a company that covers the end to end process if you want peace of mind!

Move back to Canada Made easy

Moved my 3 bedroom unit back home to Canada. Excellent service, from pick up to delivery. Received my items last week and all was in tip top shape. Cannot thank the team enough for taking care of me during this hectic time.

Fabulous

While my move was local and small, it was still a stressful and tiresome experience for me. Being my first time, I had no idea where to begin, or that there were certain boxes for different item! Thankfully palmers had all the answers I needed. They gave me a wide choice of options, as well as a fair and reasonable price. I was on a tight schedule, and they understood that and managed to fit me in. The workers who showed up had outstanding attitudes and had hardworking spirits. Thank you, Palmers Relocations.

Phenomenal work

I recently moved to another state and was beyond stressed on who i could trust enough with my belongings. Thankfully, Palmers was there to lend a hand and take weight off my shoulders. They showed up on time, packed everything up seamlessly, as well as ensuring it was delivered when needed. I wouldn't have been able to move without their help, and recommend them to anyone who has a big move coming up!