Panasonic NN-CD997S

Panasonic NN-CD997S

MPN: NNCD997S

Scott and Aleisha B.

Scott and Aleisha B.Hunter Region, NSW

We got a dud! Panasonic buyers beware!

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,126.00.

txb

txbSydney, NSW

Very good convection oven microwave

This is essentially a a 2-in-1 microwave oven (convection mode microwave) it's energy efficient and personally find I don't need to preheat as often as I would a regular oven. Very satisfied and have had no service issues in the 4 years I've owned it. Like anything, if you nuclear high heat food it will burn on the outside while the middle remains sheltered. I've always medium heated and regardless of solid or liquid have had heated ready to eat temperature. There are.multiole different settings for programs for speciality cooking.

Purchased in June 2016 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi TXB, thank you for the feedback on your microwave experience, we do appreciate the feedback that the unit is still going well for you.

George

GeorgeSydney

Do not buy just because it looks good

Absolutely hopeless. Can’t heat food well at all.. always uneven heating, either too cold or too hot, with hardly anything ever in between.. I’ve had 2, worst mistake buying another one just because of a convection oven use.. Kmart probably sells better microwaves. Never buy for looks

Purchased in February 2013 at 2nds World for $1,000.00.

VeronicaSydney, NSW

Best and most used product in my home.

Bought one for my daughters new home after having mine since Feb 2015 and never having a problem. Door screen did get cloudy but a dishwasher tablet helped to clear it. The turntable does get stained but it can be cleaned with bi-carb or other cleaning products. The best part is knowing that the grill or oven will stop after a set time and i won't have burned food. I use it for everything, I even boil a cup of milk for my coffee every morning., the only exception is toast and food that needs to be cooked on a stove top.

Purchased in June 2014 at Bing Lee Physical store.

Kaleid11Brisbane

Excellent value for money

Date PurchasedJun 2018

wambat

wambatIllawarra, NSW

A good all round microwave and convection oven

At first my wife was skeptical about purchasing the Panasonic oven, and she was right. Within three days it was sent to a Panasonic repairer to fix the turntable as it was not turning. But since it hasn't missed a beat as we use the convection oven at least daily. One nagging point that my wife hates about it is when you preheat the oven it goes into a cool mode at the end of the cycle. This is not good if you want to bake bread and you want the dough to rise for an hour. So to overcome this obstacle she uses the convectional wall oven to preheat the dough.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Larry King

Larry KingAdelaide, 5000

Good low budget microwave but screen is hard to see into

The screen on our Panasonic microwave is very hard to see into making it difficult to see how the cooking of the food is going. Apart from that it heads meals up very well and has a few different cooking modes including a very good defrost mode. Other than the screen we like this mircrowave

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Larry, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate the time you have taken to provide the feedback on the features you do and don't like.

Do not buy.

Since moving to Victoria we have gone through three of these Mw ovens, First one we were told it was not worth repair at Retravision, but we eventually sent it to Narre Warren, we paid labour and Panasonic provided parts but labour charge was I think excessive, it failed shortly after, My wife bought another, it failed also, sent it to Warragul for repair, then Panasonic replaced it free of charge because of misinformation by their staff, now that one has failed,
Another one without all the bells and whistles came from Aldi ten years ago is being used as a replacement, cost one fifth of the Panasonic.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Edward, please contact our customer service team on 132600 in relation to the fault with your current microwave so we can assist you with the repair.

Sippy

SippyMelbourne

Hoped For Better From Panasonic

I have had lost of really great Panasonic products over the years but this isn't one of them. I pretty much thought that any microwave they made would be great. Not so.
It was great when it was new but it didn't take long for the controls to become glitchy and some buttons cannot be used at all now. I would have thought this was basic stuff for a company like Panasonic but no apparently.
It still cooks well and looks good but it's obviously not going to last like the old days.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Dave T

Dave TVictoria

Good but really expensive

I found this item to be good but a bit excessive and expensive for its use in my household. I have tried to use a few of the functions such as the convection oven but have found it takes far too long to produce the results I am after. The reason why I went for this one is that it was highly reviewed for its performance as a microwave and capacity which it hasn't failed to me in that area.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lee

LeeHarvey

Not worth the money

Had this three years and after what can only be described as very light use the cog that the ceramic plate sits on is making a very loud scraping noise.Whilst it still works the noise is so loud and annoying we have stopped using it as a convection oven .We still use the microwave as it is not on for very long.Given the price $796 ex GoodGuys not worth it.Avoid and go for a cheaper microwave and buy $45 convection from Kmart

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Do Not buy this model

I have had this model since 1/02/2015 since then it has been repaired twice and now has completely stopped working as pensioners it is hard to have to want to toss $1000 worth of goods away after only two years of course it is out of warranty and repairs are out of our budget I will never buy Panasonic again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Jules
Jules

Just found out that H97 on the above model means Magnetron and inverter system circuit have blown will cost as much as a new one to repair so of to the tip it goes will never buy Panasonic again.

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome oven /microwave

Does everything, very reliable being all stainless steel inside is a breeze for cleaning,has good lighting will cooking, massive size for a microwave, is very deep and a great height for taller items, panasonic has made this model for years still in Japan too as its that good it doesn't need updating

Date PurchasedApr 2015

JohnAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works well

Date PurchasedJun 2017
JohnA

12 months use all going as well as when we bought it. Very happy.

Transvision Starr

Transvision StarrSydney

My only microwave & oven for 6 years

When my built in oven broke several years ago this convection microwave became my saviour. So when I renovated my granny flat recently, I chose to buy another one to put use there instead of a separate microwave and oven.
It is very large inside so can bake things quite easily.
The only con I found is that it is hard to clean the inside as there are so many vents

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tatte

TatteMelbourne

Big and shiny

I've always been a Panasonic person when it comes to microwaves and this one doesn't disappoint.
Still has steam sensors for automatic cooking. Two racks to heat up two plates at once or bake two trays of bickies.
Loads of room for cakes Quick to heat up. (convection). Shiny bling. Only problem is my old brain needing to switch to twiddling the nobs rather than mashing the buttons.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Unfortunately the same as everyone else, do not buy this expensive piece of rubbish.

I had the old model for over 20 years, brilliant. I bought this one 2 years ago, and yesterday it just stopped working. They have quoted me over $400 to repair. I will be buying a cheap Chinese microwave, and never buying anything Panasonic again. So disappointing.... (still disappointed)

Date PurchasedJun 2015

CONTROL PANEL NOT WORKING

I have had my Panasonic for 15 months and have had no problems until now when the whole front control panel died. Is it an easy problem to solve by a simple replacement of panel or is it a serious problem which would cost me a fortune? I am not happy as I used convection and micro all the time.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Deby

Deby

Trouble with the turn table

No real trouble until now .... I do agree the stackers are very flimsy ... but for the last few days the turn table has stopped turning .... decided to take a look at the motor just in case there was something stopping the table from turning, like food etc.... however it turned out that there was something from stopping the turn table, it was a cog tooth that broke off ....damn it .... now I have to find another motor ... not happy as

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

My only oven and microwave for 2 years

Due to renovation issues this has been my only oven and microwave for 2 years and it has been great. I've done dinners for 16, baked home made cakes, biscuits, pastry, the lot. My only small concern is if I have a heavy casserole in the turntable doesn't turn, but it doesn't affect the cooking. Small internal size compared to a normal oven because of the rotation (I had to buy a new muffin tray and pizza trays for ) means there's some juggling sometimes, but this was probably never meant to be the sole cooking device (besides hot plate) of a house.
I'm looking forward to my new triple oven in my newly renovated house, but I'll keep this beacause its been great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Paul H.asked

We have owned the NN-CD997S microwave for 6 years and it has been a great tool in the kitchen

Recently we have been unable to use it as when you set the timer and press start it only runs for 2 seconds and shuts down ? No matter if we use the microwave function, defrost the same thing happens.

Can you advise what can be done to resolve this problem. ?

Paul Harlock

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paul, sounds like the microwave has developed a fault, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Paul H.

Thanks for the response, we have contacted the service center and will be dropping the unit off for repairs.

Valerie Fletcherasked

My NN-CD997S is making a noise when the turn table is working. I have cleaned under everything but it is getting louder.

Veronica

How long have you had it? My daughters mad the same noise as if something was loose. She called Panasonic and was told to take it to her nearest agent, they gave her two addresses to choose from. She did and within 2 weeks they delivered a brand new microwave.

Valerie Fletcher

Thanks I’ve organised to do so on Monday will let you know how it goes

Graham T.asked

We purchased a NN-CD997S a couple of months ago and when microwave is on and the turn table is turning there is a vibration noise.
Could anyone let me know what could be the cause.

Kaleid11

This has happened to me a few times too. The turntable base isn't clicked into its place. Just lift it and slowly slide it around until it drops neatly onto the right spot.

Veronica

Sometimes its due to being to close to a wall or the back. Mine did it because the left side of the back was touching the power point. Sometimes its due not being balanced properly.

Graham T.

Thank you both for your advice I have check your suggestions it is none of those.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryMicrowaves