4Panasonic NN-SF564W / NN-SF564WQPQ

Verified NN-SF564W / NN-SF564WQPQ
Jane T.
Jane T.

DO NOT BUY THIS!

This worked like a dream for the first 3-4 months - but the noise levels starting creeping up, the food wasn't evenly heated (we had to stop it partway through to turn the food around!)
And now, it made the BIGGEST noise of its very short life - and it displayed an H97 error code.

Could NOT be bothered to get it fixed etc - am steering clear of this brand and looking for a more traditional microwave next.

Our last microwave lasted quite a number of years and it's still working - only thing is the ceramic interior is perforated and not safe to use. Might go back to either Sharp or LG next. Show details

Glen
GlenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC19 posts
  NN-SF564W

Decent product, handy, with few little issues

i bought this second hand over two years ago, and serves me well... reading some negatives from people here saying how potatoes take longer :) maybe you are putting way more potatoes in it due to larger space? and this device uses less power than most conventional microwaves, my few complaints are,
1. there are no lighting at all on the buttons and hard to see under dim light
2. inside light is too tiny and weak
3. start button should have a default 1min function like most devices do
4. no button to add or substract time from program while its running Show details ·  1
Josh
JoshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  NN-SF564W

Terrible microwave. Do not buy. Inside roof of microwave began peeling away. Returned this model under warranty

Does not cook food well compared to other microwave ovens. Show details
Roger
RogerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts
Pa1ntman
Pa1ntmanSouth West, WA7 posts
  NN-SF564W / NN-SF564WQPQ

Already taken one back, fingers crossed I won't need to do another

3 Days after plugging my first one in, I went to use it. It was completely dead; dark display and no light on inside. Took it back and they plugged it in and it was working. After they tested it a few times, the light inside stopped working. The store gave me a replacement unit.
I also noticed that the door was sitting slightly lower closest to the open button, which does not bode well for build quality...
I haven't used it much but so far it seems OK. I just hope it won't fail on me before the warranty expires. Show details
KingsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC23 posts
  Verified NN-SF564WQPQ

Don't Buy One - Not Made To Last

I have purchased a number of Microwave ovens over the years for both work and home and never had a issue with any of them, they normally just keep on going and going. This was our first Panasonic Microwave and what a disappointment, worked okay for the first 2 years to the date (24 months) and then started playing up badly (The 2 years seems to be a common occurrence with this brand). It stopped heating and would only warm the produce and would stop for no reason, we often had to restart the cycle 4, 5 or 6 times.
You get what you pay for I guess it was quite cheap and only had a 12 month warranty. We have thrown it out and purchased the top of the range LG Microwave now with a long warranty and it is fantastic Show details
Angeconi
AngeconiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Worst Microwave Ever

Thought I would try something new. Takes about 3x longer to heat things up and there are times when after about 20 seconds the microwave switches to the cool function constantly so can't heat anything up. Tried to warm up something for 6 mins and it stopped after 3.

Would definitely not recommend Show details

kellymc24
kellymc24Metropolitan Adelaide, SA28 posts
  NN-SF564WQPQ

Rubbish! Doesn’t heat food or drinks

Doesn’t heat food! Only makes your plate or cup extremely hot to the point it burns your hands & fingers! But food or
Drink is still Cold!! Not happy at all!! A Show details
Lynsey
LynseyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Poor cooking/warming food and RUST

Very disappointed with this microwave. Bought in 2019 for my new kitchen. Loved the look of it in the showroom, with no turntable.
However, it does not cook food evenly or even warm up food completely taking double the amount of time.
Plus a year in I noticed RUST appearing on the top of the oven!! Cleaning with soapy water only!! So HOW IS THIS A NON MANUFACTRING PROBLEM!
I expected more of Panasonic!! I bought what i thought was a new idea of microwaving to fit into my modern kitchen!! What an utter disappointment!! I have called Panasonic and they have advised to take to a repair centre but will cost me!!
Ill probably throw it in a SKIP somewhere!!

Disgusting!! Show details

Netballfan21
Netballfan21Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

A bit disappointed

A many time purchaser of Panasonic microwaves in the past was happy to go with the salesman’s advice of a bigger space inside due to no turntable. However after a few uses we found it to be very hit and miss with cooking vegetables (something I have always done in all my microwaves with no dramas) eg potatoes that would normally take 10-12 mins now can take anywhere between 10-20 mins, microwave popcorn can take up to 3 times the suggested time on the pack. It’s lack of consistency is very frustrating.
Things I like- easy to clean due to no turntable.
Would I recommend to others to buy - No Show details
Narelle Brown
Narelle BrownSydney, NSW10 posts
  NN-SF564W

Really irritating "cool function"

We have previously been fans of Panasonic microwaves but feel this one is a dud. We find that food is not evenly heated and the cool function is beyond annoying because after you remove the food, the cool function kicks in for an unreasonable length of time which is very noisy - a lousy idea guys! It forces the user to open the door and leave it open until the "cooling period" expires. We would never ever purchase one again! Avoid it.
datona500
datona500Sydney, NSW
  NN-SF564W / NN-SF564WQPQ

It's a beauty - Top line Microwave Oven - a great deal for less money

This is one of the only Microwaves without the annoying and useless rotating tables inside.
The designers of this Microwave Oven really put some thought into what they were going to build before they built it.
This oven does not have any wasted space, like you have in a turntable type Microwave.
You can use the whole area of the base to heat / cook your food.
You don't have to worry about the food or plates on the turntable being out of center and stopping the rotation of it.
The panel controls are easy to understand and use.
The booklet is easy to to use and well thought out.
The heating power is very impressive and heats up very quickly.

All up 100% to the designers and builders of this microwave oven. Show details ·  1

Azz
Azz 3 posts

Rusting inside

Doesn't warm food evenly. Main problem is rust inside. Around vents in ceiling and front top lip inside. Very poor adhesion of enamel. Panasonic Australia didn't want to know about it saying caused by 'other reasons'. Granted it is a few years old but rust doesn't happen overnight. Not happy at all. And made in China. I'm now an ex Panasonic customer.  Show details
JWit
JWitVictoria7 posts
Panasonic   DM

Hi and thanks for the feedback, we do apologise for the experience you have had with the microwave. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we will create a case for further investigation on why the repair is taking so long.