Panasonic NN-SF564W / NN-SF564WQPQ

Panasonic NN-SF564W / NN-SF564WQPQ

NN-SF564WQPQ and NN-SF564W

Cracked bed plate

Disappointed. Bought this type as easier for us to clean and has worked well. We took out extended warrantry to be safe. My wife is the only person who uses it. When she was wiping it out she found a crack in the bedplate so we took pics and took them in to the Good Guys. Good Guys were fantastic, absolute legends, very supportive. Panasonic on the other hand were not. We got phone calls, very polite, but telling us this was not a manufacturing fault and therefore not covered by warrantry and we would have to pay cash to have it fixed. Really. Previous post indicates the flat bed is a problem. Wife is not happy camper at all and feels offended at their suggestion that she is negligent in her use of this microwave. Would not and will not ever recommend Panasonic in any shape or form to anyone again.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $304.00.

[Brand New] Making Electric Pop Buzz Noise from back

We purchased the microwave few days ago, its making electric pop buzz noise from the RHS back. Very creepy!!! We knew the flatbed won't heat up the food as even as the turn table, but never had this creepy sound in previous experience!

Purchased in March 2019.

Noise Level

This is very perfect microwave

I really love this microwave its very fast and comfortable for modern cooking and design is also good as well as invertor technology and there is no plate so cleming is very easy.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $170.00.

Best Microwave ever!!

This is actually an incredible microwave. It cooks food far more evenly than a normal microwave that revolves the food (this just has a flat bed). The texture of cold food reheated is just as good as freshly cooked, and so far same with frozen meals (risotto). It’s really easy to use, love that it has a 10 min button (in addition to 10 seconds and 1 min), although I wish it had a 30 second button. And the recipe book it comes with is amazing!! Who knew you could cook so many things in a microwave!! And without any splatter, ever!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi ReneeAndSam, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in relation to your microwave and the 5 star review. It is great to hear you are so happy with the product and the recipe book. You may find some other great recipes here. https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/

Good, with a few caveats

I've had this for 6 months. It replaced a 20 year old Sharp that finally went ZOT with a puff of smoke. I bought it because I liked the idea of the flat bed & easily cleaned interior (with the exception of the sharp lip at the front) . I am a lazy bachelor; I use a microwave exclusively for heating a mug of milk (50 secs, twice a day) for my espresso, or various frozen bricks of TV dinners (3-6 minutes twice a week). I don't know if the lack of a revolve changes cooking efficiency. I've never tried anything more complex, so I don't need the small sea of hard to read preset buttons. I had become very used to the Sharp, where you simply close the door & hit the easy to find Start & it automatically goes for 30 secs on high or multiples of 30 depending on how many times you stab Start.
This Panasonic does not do that. You have to spend a couple seconds finding the appropriate time button (simply an area of black glass illegibly marked in tiny mid-grey) then find Start. Irritating. I never got used to the position of "1 minute", "10 seconds" & "Start". These are my go-to commands, so I've marked them with ugly white marker circles.
It is certainly no quieter than the old Sharp. The continuing fan for cool down never engages after heating for just 1 minute, but will for anything much longer. It annoys me sometimes, but it can be avoided by just opening the door.
Another thing that distinguishes this unit is that having it sitting on top of my 1.6m high fridge puts the bottom corner of the door at face height; this corner is quite sharp & a bit of a hazard unless closed.
Another result of having it sitting at this height is the design decision to have a 4cm gap below the door, so that you look at the unfinished galvanised belly pan & legs. Maybe for ease of cleaning underneath the front, perhaps? The Sharp simply hid this muck so it didn't bother me that much & looked much sleeker. The Sharp also had a nice blunt corner. This might not be an issue if the unit sits on a bench, where the opening door would clear the top of a waiting plate.
The light inside could be a bit brighter, but I had become used to a non-functioning light for 5 years (told you I was lazy) , so dim light is better than nothing, it's adequate.
I am not sorry I bought it, it was a good price, and it performs just fine for what I need it for.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
HI Mack, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on your microwave. Sorry to hear it doesn't do exactly what your old unit did, but it is great for us to get your honest feedback.

Ours also caught fire randomly

We were satisfied with way it cooked and operated but while it was not in use we heard a bang and then heard the fire alarm and ran downstairs to smell electrical burning smell and see smoke coming out of the microwave. Very scary. I see we are not the only ones to have had this issue.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

RUBBISH

Unit was defective out of the box. Faulty door catch which I discovered after googling is endemic to current Panasonic microwaves with hundreds of complaints. Panasonic destroys every semblance of credibility by advising 'we've never encountered that problem'. What passes for 'customer service' is in Manila, with all the problems typical of offshore call centres ... unintelligible, disinterested, arrogant, unhelpful etc. Clearly there is no such thing as quality control as a trained monkey would have noticed the problem .. it would be impossible not to have difficulty during packaging!!! This is the third flatbed Panasonic microwave I've had. The first died just outside warranty, second lasted three years and was replaced under extended warranty. This one will go back for a credit and I'll get an Ariston. Never again a crappy Panasonic product.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Noisy and uneven cooking

We have only ever used Panasonic microwaves and decided to try an inverter as opposed to the rotating plate variety. The first one of these we purchased from our local Retravision store made a terrible high pitched buzzing noise when we plugged it in. We tried it in several different sockets and then returned it to the store whereby they plugged it in and could hear the same noise. They gave us a replacement which sadly makes the same high pitched buzzing noise. It is obviously a design fault. Aside from the noise, it definitely does not cook things as easily and thoroughly as our previous model with the rotating plate. We are going to keep this one because we are moving house soon and it will go in the garage sale but I definitely will go back to the rotating plate style of microwave. I will probably look at other brands as opposed to Panasonic because the high pitched buzzing drives us insane. You can hear it when you're in the kitchen even when the machine is not operating. It's like tinnitus. Disappointing purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Raddy, thank you for the feedback, you may find the following FAQ helpful in relation to the differences between the flat bed and turn table models and pointers for achieving even cooking. http://eng-au.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41079/kw/cooking/p/1638

Caught on Fire When Not in Use

I really liked the microwave at first but after 18 months it spontaneously caught fire when it wasn’t even being used. We hadn’t used it for about 6 months because the door wouldn’t closed properly and so the microwave wouldn’t work (the same issue happened to my sisters microwave which was the same model). Luckily we were home watching tv when the microwave caught fire, otherwise it could have burnt our whole house down. I do not recommend and hope Panasonic recall this product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Erin, please contact our customer service team on 132600 to discuss this matter further, we take is very seriously.

Amazing

The microwave oven is of good appearance, suitable size and beautiful. Microwave oven is very good, many functions can meet a lot of needs, I have been looking for a good microwave, this is the microwave I want, this kind of microwave oven cost performance is really high, easy to operate, this is the perfect choice!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Hoovler, thank you for taking the time to provide your review on your microwave.

Solid Good Looking Microwave with Sensor Reheat that Really Works

Very nice microwave for this price. I am very impressed. It’s solid and very good looking. Came very well packaged in a double box. Just had to unpack it and put the turntable in it. Plugged it in and reheated lunch using the sensor reheat mode. It worked perfectly. Heated up the food in a multi compartment microwave safe dish. All food items were the right temperature.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Sara, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your microwave.

Easy to operate

Love this oven, it is very reliable, easy to use and the buttons are also easy to press. I worked it out without even using the manual. it is easy with preset buttons. I would recommend this microwave to anyone looking at different options because it is easy to operate.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Tanya, thank you for sharing your review about your positive experience with your microwave.

Less than Perfect, better than Average

Firstly, this is my opinion and use of my replacement microwave which reviews what I didn't find in the reviews when looking for advice on choosing this product. I would not recommend it now.

Obviously some people don't look at the device and write a review that explains its flaws or reward.

Flaws: If you don't turn on the lights in the kitchen the display is not lit or back-lit and is not easy to read. Silver text on Black background approximately 14pt which if you have reading glasses, you'll need them to use this microwave.

Inverted cooking is faster but not even and BEWARE the container use is very specific because it will heat up considerably and you will need oven mitts to remove containers after cooking. The unit goes into cool-down mode after a inverted cook which can extend normal microwave cooking time by approximately 5%.

Is it a good cooker? Yes
It cooks roasts and large vegetables without them exploding or becoming a mess and the thermostat is fairly good but you must not install this unit in a cavity without proper ventilated extraction because the unit produces a lot of condensation and heat behind and on the Right side venting of the external housing. The unit has diagrams that come with it for proper installation which explains this necessity but it can be used on a Benchtop where the unit is not enclosed.

Anyone using this unit in an enclosure should read the manufacturer warning. It basically states the device can produce static and under undue conditions the user may get electric shock. Why? Because moisture build-up on external components can leech charge from residual processes. I suggest not opening the door whist the unit is in cool-down mode if you are in a hurry. My unit is enclosed but fully extracted with a vented fan as I don't think it is safe to disregard testing from manufacturer standards.

If you intend to cook roasts or do T.V, dinners this unit is very good but you will need to experiment with the pre-sets and read the instructions carefully. I have a notebook to write down calculations for ease of use when repeating meals. The thermostat is very good if you are a cook and follow recipes to measure. It does cook a sponge but you need to know what you are doing as it is not a conventional oven.

So I give this unit 3 Stars because it cooks very well but is not easily installed and will not be an automatic replacement in a wall unit unless you have a fan installed from previous microwave and the non-back-lit display is quite terrible, in fact if i'd known this i'd not have bought this unit and looked for something more in keeping to look after my eyesight despite its smart design.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Iglooman, thank you for providing such comprehensive information in your review.

Cooks every thing evenly

This is a dream as it doesn't give bursts of heat off and on till the article is cooked, it just seems to go so evenly and no more cold or uncooked bits. I eat a lot of salmon and with a plate on top of the one I cook/eat it from the salmon comes out moist and perfectly cooked.
Its very easy to set and clean (no turntable)

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Snooky, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your new microwave. It is great to hear you are having such great cooking with your salmon.

It works

This inverter microwave is a good appliance that I use on an almost daily basis. The setting are easy for anyone to understand. The flat bed is very east and quick to clean. The only downside is the sound when the microwave cools down is excessively loud, and sometimes takes several minutes to stop.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great!

I really like this microwave! No turntable means it's easy to clean. We use our microwave a lot. Food (or milk for a cappuccino) heat quickly and more evenly. The price is okay too. The only drawback is that the cook time has to be entered in increments of 10 minutes, 1 minute, 10 seconds. If the cook time is 7.5 minutes it takes 8 button presses to enter the cook time.

Great little microwave

Easy to use - great flatbed so
So easy to clean - just
Wish the buttons weren’t black on Black can make it hard to see . The reheat meal
Option is a time saver - it’s mainly used
To reheat - but may start cooking in it - it seems to steam veg well !! I like the melt feature too

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Perfect can't live without it

Use and daily basis
With having a big family we all use it on a daily basis and couldn't imagine not having one makes life so much easier being able to heat or cook something in half the time it would take in an oven.
Makes life so easy. .

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Seemed like a good idea at the time

Had a decent Sharp before this and decided to spend a little more for the Panasonic when it came to replacement.

I have hated this machine since the first moment we got it.

To begin with, I thought it was just us, so I spent a lot of time with the manual, making sure all settings were correct and we were using the correct mode for the job. All correct.

Conclusion: p*** weak machine.

Takes DOUBLE the time of our old Sharp to do the same jobs. Beeps during cooking as a warning which seems like it’s done (because it’s taken soooo long, but nah it’s just a warning that it’s ALMOOOOOST done - also a lie). Uneven heating. Food tepid at best unless you want to spend the rest of your life waiting for it to be done.

Over three months later and wishing every day I could take the damn thing back, but it was an exchange on an item we returned outside its warranty. (Felt like a kind favour from the manager at the time, now looking like a pricey curse.)

Practical

Love this microwave, it has been the best we have had. The flat base with no rotating plate gives more room and heats food through. The quick choice options are great with turbo defrost my favourite it is a modern looking cabinet and fits in with our kitchen decor. Have had no problems with this microwave

Date PurchasedMay 2017