Panasonic NN-SF574S

Panasonic NN-SF574S

MPNs: 35904348 and NN-SF574SQPQ

hard working product

my panasonic convection oven is amazing,i use it mostly every day instead of my brand new electric/gas combi 90 cm stove,it is so convenient to do micro/grill/ oven which ever you want, but be aware it is very VERY EXPENSIVE,on electricity,almost2000 w on grill,so beware

Purchased in September 2017 at Cash Converters Physical Shop for $75.00.

Noise Level
Hi Cliff, thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Less than 2 years old and doesnt work

We have owned this microwave for just under 2 years. Purchased from Good Guys. It worked well until about 2 weeks ago, and now just goes into cool mode, and wont start. 12 month warranty, and looks to have been designed to last about the same. I personally never liked the button set up, with a choice of 1 sec, 10sec, 1 min or 10min increments. I prefer just inputting the time you want.

Purchased in October 2017 for $269.00.

Noise Level
Hi Duncan, sorry to hear about the fault with your microwave after such a short time. If you would like to discuss further, please contact our customer service team on 132600.

Everything requires double the cooking time

Heating frozen vegetables requires a increased weight input and twice the time. So bored putting everything through the same motion twice. Was expecting faster times with new technology and 1,000 watts, but got a microwave requiring everything to go back in and a requirement to repeat the same increased weight/time process

Purchased in March 2019 for $290.00.

Noise Level
Hi Gary. Please see our FAQ on cooking with a flatbed microwave hopefully this will assist you with better cooking http://eng-au.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41079/kw/flatbed/p/1638I am inputting the weight of frozen foods and the time it takes is automatically offered by the microwave. The fact I need to repeat the process for a satisfactory outcome has absolutely nothing to do with me changing my microwave habits from turntable to flatbed.

Very good

I like this microwave mainly because it is Flatbed. Lots of room. There is child lock and many other functions. It looks nice too. We bought it a year ago. No problems so far.

It was good until it started having issues

It was working fine and then the unit constantly went on Cool mode and refused to start. I would literally have to wait several minutes for this to resolve itself. Bought it in July 2017 and of course the warranty expired so i rang Panasonic to discuss my options. The consulant said that they would be able to inspect it and if it was found to be a manufacturer's issue that they would cover the inspection fee however i would have to pay the repair fee. What is the point of that? No thanks, i will just buy another microwave - just not a Panasonic.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $260.00.

Noise Level
Hi Zoran, sorry to hear about the experience with your microwave and our customer service team. If you could send us a DM we would be happy to discuss further with you.

What a waste

Takes forever to cook can't use stack cooker in it must of only use very shallow thing dish and still takes a lifetime no benefit to the flat bed stick to a turn table not hot enough to cook food

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Noise Level
Hi Laura, sorry to hear of your experience with your microwave. You may find this FAQ useful, raising the food can assist with the cooking. http://eng-au.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41079/kw/flatbed/p/1638even in a glass tray still took 2-3 times as long as a microwave should quicker to use the ovenHi Laura, did you raise the tray as suggested? It is recommended to raise the item you are cooking to ensure an even consistency.

Smoking after 1 year

This was a solid microwave, until the day it randomly popped and started smoking. We had run it for 2 minutes, left the door open to cool and then it hissed and smoked.

No flames but clearly some electrical short.

We attempted to contact Panasonic and got horrible support. They kept asking for photo after photo and we kept explaining there was no external damage.

They refused to explain the process of getting a resolution. I kept asking if they would repair it and kept being told the engineering team would assess. Finally I had to yell at the poor woman until she admitted that it is rare that they are repaired or even picked up for recycling.

As a product developer I understand that faulty products are important to improve product quality, yet Panasonic had no interest in getting the device to find out what went wrong. To me that indicates this is a regular issue, not an exception worth investigating.

Looks like another example of a product designed for obsolescence just past the warranty. I’m getting a cheap microwave next time, to avoid wasting my time thinking I’m buying from a company that creates quality products it stands by.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $215.00.

Noise Level
Hi Jen, we apologise to hear about your experience with your product and our team. Could you please provide your case reference number so we can further understand your case?

Noisy and steam came out base of door

Was recommended this microwave by the retailer so went with the recommendation. The first time I used the microwave I noticed it was noisier than any other microwave I had owned. The bigger issue was the steam was pouring out the base of the door so was wiping the cabinetry dry every few minutes. I was concerned about the damage it would do to the cabinetry and therefore spoke to the retailer about this problem. They indicated this should not happen and swapped the product immediately (thanks Good Guys..perfect customer service as usual). I ended up with a Panasonic with carousel and am happy with the product on first use.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Can't live without

Very good microwave. Good size for a family. Very handy features. Not so loud, easy to clean it. Child lock. I would recommend it to anyone I know. Worth it.

Purchased in November 2018.

Internal surface is rusting out

The internal coating of our inverter microwave is rusting out especially on the top section. It has been cleaned periodically and i just cleaned it today and noticed the rust scale. Very poor the the price paid for a a top microwave.

Purchased in March 2017.

Noise Level

Was good until smoke started coming out of it ...

Luckily someone was home to isolate the power. Wasn't being used and hadn't been used in last 3 days.

I am not sure Panasonic understood our issue. They wanted us to take it to their service centre and pay for them to check it out ? It is out of warranty and I am not interested in getting it fixed just want to make them aware of a potential issue. I thought they would be interested in looking at the unit to discover what caused this ... but now am just concerned that they aren't.

I was very happy with the product prior to this and had no issue.

Purchased in May 2016 at Bing Lee.

If I could choose again I wouldn’t buy this

The microwave appealed to me because it had no plate or turntable so it seemed easy to wipe out and keep clean. This is the only positive after having used it for a few months I prefer my old cheaper turntable style Panasonic microwave. The microwave takes longer to heat items and they almost always have cold spots as it doesn’t evenly heat the food. I find it quite loud and the “cooling” period after the timer has finished is strange and noisy too.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Expensive but so far so good!

Have had this microwave for 6 months now and it's been great. The food is heated evenly and the texture isn't affected. The flatbed design really makes it easier and quick to clean. There are many features which can be utilized. The only issue I would say is that the microwave has a "cooling down" period after each time you use it. It'll sound like the microwave is still on but it's just cooling down. It is also an expensive microwave.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Hussanara, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The Cool feature you describe at the end of the heating cycle is to cool the internal components of the microwave, you are able to override this and continue cooking again.

Died in 15 months, stay away, over rated

It is stylish, doesn't need a plate but didn't do the job. An expensive microwave that I was gifted through work and died in approx 15 months. Unhappy and extremely disappointed. Panasonic your customer service is horrible and your products are worse than that. When I called Panasonic, standard reply out of warranty as it is 12 months, have used microwave probably 2-3 times a week only to heat food. Didn't even use it to it's full potential and it has died.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Mo, sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your product. Please send us a private message with your contact details so we can get in contact and assist you further.Please contact me on 0401094269

Great microwave and very easy to clean

Heats evenly and quickly , easy to use and also I have noticed with this microwave because of the flat bed it is extremely easy to keep it clean. Previously had one with a turntable and it was always getting dirty this one wipes out very easily. Also looks great with my appliances

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Ana ,than you for taking the time to provide the feedback on your microwave.

Malfunctioning oven

I purchased a refurbished microwave through an online store and the latch to the door is loose which stops the micowave from turning on, very frustrating. In the process of having it repaired/replaced so fingers crossed...i dont think i will purchase a flat bed microwave in the future after this experience

Date PurchasedSep 2018

FANTASTIC I LOVE IT

Great quality perfect for heating up your meals easy to clean and plenty of options to pick from e.g pizza or defrosting meat defrosting fish, simple heat meals in minutes it’s definitely worth buying. Long lasting and comes with great worrienty so your covered if anything goes wrong with the microwave. Very stylish aswell.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Simone, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. How could we make this product a 5 star products?

Beautiful, well built, and all in all amazing!!

This product is very visually appealing. It fits perfectly with my kitchen, is easy to clean, and operates very well. It is easy to use, in that my elderly grandparents can come and use it with ease. The lock feature keeps my nephew's safe when they come over. The sensor cooks everything to perfection, and doesn't burn popcorn at all.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Jonathan, thank you for providing such great feedback on your microwave.

never fail

this item is just what i wanted , easy to adjust power , heats the food in side out equally and gives you alot of extra options easy to clean and use. make use it fits your kitchen as its a bit big in the size. second factory store are very helpful if needed

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Eddie, thank you for the review on your microwave.

Easy to maintain, great microwave

On one hand, it is easy to maintain and is reasonably priced. On the other hand, buzz noise comes on and off, not too sure what's going on and will be contacting my seller. Nonetheless, on the overall, it is a fantastic microwave and you don't need to clean the plate.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Jason, thank you for the feedback, if you have no luck with the seller, please contact our customer service team on 132600.

Can it bake cakes and cookies?
Hi Gutetama, if you are able to use microwaves in the recipes to bake it will work, however this is not a convection model. For some recipe ideas, please refer to https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/ as well as the user manual.

My Panasonic microwave will beep and the time goes and in its place is the number 12 then it beeps again and displays 13 this goes on until I turn it off then I need to set the time and off we go for maybe 1 day or it can be 2 or more then I hear beep up comes 12 and more beeping up comes 13 so a while I’m sick of hearing this beeping so back to turning it off anymore have any ideas ?
i haven't had anything happen like this. It sounds like you need to put in a warranty claim with the manufacturer. Good luck Janthank you KevThank you

Can you turn the brightness up on the display panel? Mine is not bright at all Thanks tracey
As far as I know you cant. It was one of the complaints I read when choosing this microwave. The positive reviews outweighed this though. I cant say I want to see inside that much when I'm cooking, but then again, others might.Do you mean the digital readout? I don’t think that there is any way to adjust it. Mine is quite bright though.

NN-SF574S