Panasonic NN-SF574S

Panasonic NN-SF574S

MPNs: 35904348 and NN-SF574SQPQ

FrankSydney, NSW

Microwave keeps going into "cooling" mode and stops working

Everytime I microwave anything for say a few minutes, the microwave goes into "cool" mode, which prevents me from using it for like 10 minutes. So if I was to microwave more than 1 thing, it'll make me wait 10 minutes before progressing again. This is absolutely stupid and unnecessary.

There is no way to bypass this from what I can see.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $300.00.

Angry Customer

Angry CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this microwave

I can’t understand any positive reviews for this microwave. All the negative reviews are accurate. It doesn’t heat evenly. It has broken multiple bowls and plates of mine (all of which I had used in previous machines for years with no issues). It heats the bowl or plate but not the food. It is loud, very loud when operating and cooling. We returned the first one as it rattled so badly the neighbours complained. Second one not much better. Will try and return when I have the time to. I’m surprised they still sell this microwave.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Hopefull83

Hopefull83Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

14mths old now suddenly door will no longer latch and stay closed, bought from Costco November 2018

Loved the idea of no turn table, has been a great microwave up until now, although I have found sometimes things take a little longer to heat up then the old fashioned ones I wasnt to bothered, but now the dam door wont close and seems as though I've wasted $260 for nothing which makes me mad as we are a family of 7 on a strict budget and now I must find spare money to replace a microwave I was expecting to last maybe 10yrs being a Panasonic! Very disappointed dont waste your money like I did!

Purchased in November 2018 at Costco for $260.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Sorry to hear about the fault with your microwave, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

sharon Croser

sharon CroserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

NOISE

Purchased a new Microwave just before xmas and had to return as the scraping noise and whirring noise. Was not good. Was replaced but this one has different rattling noise when working. Why can't companies make a decent product. I have noticed there are a lot of queries about noise. And all you say is contact Consumer Care. Really. There is a problem with the microwave

Purchased in December 2019 at Harveys.

Annie D.

Annie D.

This microwave is superb

We purchased this Microwave from Domayne and have been thrilled with it! The oven has no rotating disc so makes it easy to clean. The results are phenomenal with all our food being equally cooked or warmed. I thoroughly recommend this essential item for every kitchen.

Purchased in December 2019 at Domayne QLD, Bundall for $200.00.

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

NO problems

I like that this is easy to use, easy to program once a read the guide, and easy to clean. works well, is powerful although I would have liked a standing function/timer as I use that to cook rice.
No problems so far.

Purchased in August 2019.

Wally

WallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Noise microwave

My new microwave Make loud noise when it is operating is this normal, other then that i find it quit good for what it does, it defrost even, the touch pad Is easy to use

Purchased in November 2019 for $249.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Wally, thank you for reaching out and providing a review. It is difficult to say if the noise is normal as a microwave will make operational noise while in use. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

GMB

GMBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not purchase

We owned this model for approx 2 yrs and did not expect to have to replace our microwave within that timeframe. However, from the beginning, we experienced issues with the door latch. Basically it becomes loose and therefore the light won't go off, so the microwave won't operate. Got it fixed whilst under warranty when it got so bad that no amount of jiggling the handle worked. Never really fixed the problem and it just got worse to the point where it was no longer operable. Very frustrating and a waste of money. Ended up replacing it with a cheaper brand with sturdier handle. A good example of prioritising style over function; like the streamlined look but it was essentially non-functional.

Purchased in November 2017.

KiraU

KiraUMelbourne

Worst microwave and complete waste of money

I wish we never purchased this microwave, we were talked into this microwave from the sales person. It sounded promising it the sales pitch. It is literally the worst microwave we have ever owned. It does not cook or reheat evenly. It clearly wasn't tested properly. What a piece of junk. I want to throw it out the window sometimes. I contacted Panasonic and they give you a big spiel about what bowls to use and how to use it correctly. Save yourself the hassle and do not purchase one to start with. I am fairly sure these wont stay on the market for long.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Flora A.

Flora A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just as slow as our fan forced oven - so disappointed and frustrated every time we use it.

Purchased in December 2018 for $330.00.

Meenz

MeenzSydney, NSW

Love the no turntable

I like that this microwav doesn't have a turntable, so I can put in larger and rectangular cookware without it hitting the sides. Very easy to use and I like the sleek design and the ease of cleaning inside.

The only thing I have noticed on the down side though is that it seems to take double the time to heat everything compared to ones i have used in the past, and following the recommended guidelines. Deep dishes fit well in the microwave but I do find there’s uneven cooking and length of time required can vary but I got used to it.

Not sure I would buy the same one again though.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $229.00.

Liz

Liz

Unimpressed

Just purchased the Microwave Inverter NN-SF574S and put into a new kitchen today. We also bought the trim and had cupboards made for it. I cannot see the display window at all! The light is too dim!
I have contacted Panasonic and have sent a photograph as requested. An engineer is to ring me apparently. I expect it to be fixed ASAP or .....

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Liz, we are sorry to hear about your experience. As you have already contacted our team, please contact us directly for further assistance with your case reference number.

Steph Z-MSydney, NSW

Worst microwave I have ever used, let alone owned.

We bought this less than 6 months ago and loved the concept of a flat turntable. We quickly realised that it doesn't heat evenly. Then the door got harder and harder to close, and now the thing doesn't turn on at all. It has basically died after less than 6 months of use. Beyond disappointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Steph, sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your microwave. Please contact Panasonic directly on 132600 for further assistance.

Steph Z-M

I’ve Already been in touch with someone but keen to have a resolution.

Not the Best

I’ve always believed Panasonic offered superior products until SF574S. The concept is great but poorly executed. The door isn’t fitted straight which worry’s me that it leaking heat out. It’s extremely noisy, I would actually compare the noise to a tracker. The LED light within the oven is very dim.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

HI John, thanks for the feedback, given the points you mention and that you just purchased the unit it maybe worth returning to the store for some further assistance.

Lorraine D.

Lorraine D.Hunter Region, NSW

Definitely don’t buy

Lasted 14 mths before I started having issues. Wouldn’t start. Going straight to cooling, have to give it a bit of a shake then hope it will start. door hard to shut. Yes I thought it was good too when I first got it but so disappointed that a Panasonic product ( supposed to be good quality) only lasted a short time. I have read Panasonic that there are many reviews saying much the same thing. The reviews that say they are happy with this product haven’t had them for more than 12 mths yet .This product needs to be pulled from the shelf .

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lorraine, I understand your customer service team are working with you in relation to this matter. Please contact them directly to discuss this further.

Heating meals

Two meals to heat, used a stand between the two and the meal on the top of the stand COLD and the one on bottom overly hot
What can I do

Purchased in April 2019 for $200.00.

Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

Don't Buy

pls Dont buy. The door doesn't close properly you will have heat coming out and radiation very disappointing from Panasonic. Technician said "yes" we are having problems with this model

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tammy, thanks for the feedback. We would like to understand further who the technician was that provided you with this information as this isn't something we have seen. Please send us a DM with further information.

Jonesy4567

Jonesy4567South East Queensland, QLD

Love this Microwave

Had to replace the old one, and this was on special at JB. It doesn't have a turntable which seems weird at first, but means that you can use larger and rectangular cookware. The controls are easy to get used to and it's easy to reset the clock when the power goes out. All in all, happy to recommend this appliance.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $189.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jonesy, thanks for the great feedback, the flatbed technology definitely has it's advantages. For some more great cooking ideas, please refer to our Ideas Kitchen page

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Panasonic Flatbed Inverter Microwave (No Turntable)

Control panel with a plethora of options including auto functions for reheating, defrosting, melt and soften, pasta, bread to mention a few

Flatbed with no turntable means I can put in a much larger size dish for both cooking and reheating food

Easy to wipe clean

Only downside is the noise it makes whilst cooling down

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $269.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, thanks for providing your positive review. Some great new recipe ideas can be found at https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/microwave-oven/

Michelle B

Michelle BPerth, WA

Love the no turntable

Food keeps moisture...Easy to use control panel...Heats food evenly...Easy to clean as there is no turntable to take in and out of the microwave...Like the stainless steel look as well.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Michelle, thank you for taking the time to provide your 5 star review. We do appreciate the feedback.