Panasonic NN-SF574S

3.4

Disappointed

DisappointedTasmania

Problems from first week

I was excited to purchase a microwave without turntable, but this model has been a real pain! It keeps putting the child lock on, thereby switching itself of after 4 seconds. We tried setting the time, turning off the child lock, over and over and over. SO FRUSTRATING! Esp since my husband needs it for his heat pack many times during the day for pain. Now the error message reads H97 and the damn thing won't turn on at all. Its only a couple of years old, so I'm guessing no factory warrantee exists? Modern appliances ought to last longer than a couple of years!!!!!!! I will also comment that it is very noisy and heats unevenly. Going back to the turntable!

Purchased in March 2018.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Disappointed, sorry to hear you are having issues with your MWO. Please call our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you further.

Catherine

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Noisy!!!

I have just purchased this microwave and put it in my new kitchen - so excited to have a new microwave after retiring our 20 year old model. This is so noisy! There is the expected microwave hum, but on top of that there is a seriously bad rattle on the right hand side of the machine. I will not be able to use this in my kitchen. I have contacted Panasonic who have said that there is essentially nothing they can do, that I can return it to the store. The store are basically saying that this is a case of "change of mind" so nothing they can do. Please learn from my mistake and do not buy this microwave.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Brett

Brett Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible Quality

Door is faulty, unit is oversized and very noisy. Avoid this dud product. I wasn’t the purchaser otherwise I would’ve returned it myself. Panasonic used to be known for their quality but that reputation is no longer deserved.

Purchased in December 2018.

Sam PMelbourne

What a flop

- Heats very unevenly compared to old microwave. (See photo!!) -- this is mainly since it heats from below, rather than from the top.
- Defective out of the box, using for 1 minute to reheat a meal, the next time you use it it shows "COOL" and refuses to do anything at all. I figured out this was due to faulty door switch out of the box.
- Customer support had zero empathy. Terrible experience.
- Piercingly loud beep. No way to disable or turn off.
- Makes plates and bowls hot.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sam, sorry to hear about your experience. The cool mode is to prolong the life of the components of the microwave. You can override this and start cooking again by selecting another program.

Tanya

TanyaPerth, WA

Quality not Maintained

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$265.00.

Kgatt

KgattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Panasonic microwave inverter

Purchased this Panasonic microwave from Harvey Norman. Brought it home and from day 1 would not work. Left it for a couple of weeks and just got worse.
Took it back to where I purchased it and was told I’d have to wait “a very long time” so so disappointing. I trusted Panasonic which is why I purchased the brand. Such a disappointment that I now have to go without a microwave.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$267.00.

Noise Level

Only sadness and despair!

I bought the Panasonic Flatbed Microwave Oven (NN-SF574S) because I needed a microwave quick, and I thought Panasonic was a brand that I could trust, how I was wrong. This microwave is very noisy, and it rattles, like it is not screwed together properly. I called Panasonic one day after my purchase, and they replaced it with another one. The replacement is the same, not as noisy, but still very noisy for a microwave, and the rattle sound is the same. Another major problem is the build up of excessive moisture inside the microwave, never seen this with other microwaves that I have owned. When I look at this microwave, it only brings sadness and despair.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$269.00.

Chandler
Chandler
JHA

JHASouth East Queensland, QLD

Does not heat food completely

Microwave does not heat food completely.
Brought because of the size and was given a good sales pitch , however haven’t really used it often till recently and it took 30 mins to heat up a risotto and still was not piping hot.
Looks good but not worth it.
Wish I had looked at the reviews before purchasing.
Lesson learnt.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi JHA, sorry to hear about your experiencing using the microwave. Have you tried some of these pointers for flat bed technology?

Doreenrunner

DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Works fine

Quick microwave, easy to program, been working fine, only thing I dont like is after warming something like 2 minutes it goes into a cool mode so item is not that hot, like a safety part, but I just see it as a waste of time as item is not that dangerous hot. So I just stop or open door.

Purchased in November 2018 at Costco for A$238.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Doreen, thank you for the feedback, the cooling mode doesn't cool your food, it is to cool the electronics internally within the unit. You can override the cool to cook your next item.

Question everything

Question everythingSydney, NSW

Great Idea poorly implemented, and poorly made

This microwave does not have a
turntable which was what attracted me in the first place. Bigger area because it doesn’t spin and is easy to clean and looks OK, and its a Panasonic, albeit made in China....thats where the good stuff ends.
The thing has a noisy cooling cycle that goes for ages after even a small heat cycle, drives me mad, and is so noisy I often miss the finish beeps and think its still heating . It rattles like crazy ! As if something in the locking mechanism is loose....it’s generally very noisy ! It’s never heated food that well and after months it is getting worse ! Its only 2 years old. It’s a hunk of junk.

Purchased in November 2018.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi and sorry to hear about your experience with your microwave. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if you would like to discuss further.

JAllenHobart, TAS

Don’t buy it! Died after 2 years

We have had this microwave a little over two years.

In April 2020, just after COVID-19 started, it died. Just wouldn’t start. It cost us $185 for the faulty high voltage inverter to be replaced, together with a blown fuse and faulty relay.

Come June 2020 and it’s malfunctioning again, but this time it starts but goes onto cool mode, either within 3 seconds or straight away.

Given a new microwave costs between $200-$300 I’m done fixing this one.

Would not recommend

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi JAllen, we do apologise for your experience in relation to your microwave faults. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if we can be of assistance for the repair of the unit.

JAllen

Thank you but as I have already spent $185 repairing the unit, and I know the local repairer costs $80 to even look at the unit, I am unwilling to go down that path again. It will be on its way to the tip.

bhupinder j.

bhupinder j.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Totally Waste of money

Stopped working just after warranty period is over. Won't recommend Panasonic inverter microwaves. They start to give error because of parts failure. Cheap product with big price and name. Waste of money. Just giving one star coz can't give lower rating because of no option.

Purchased at Costco.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi and sorry to hear about the fault with your microwave. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we would be happy to discuss this further with you.

ExperiencedWoodsman

ExperiencedWoodsmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Looks nice but noisy rattle?

Right from the moment we started to use this microwave it makes a noisy rattling sound I think from the fan at the back. Is this normal or should we return it. Sounds terrible.

Purchased in May 2020.

Flemo

Flemo

Takes ages to heat and is uneven, now crapped itself after 2 1/2 years.

Haven’t been happy how long it takes to heat food and how uneven it heats and now it has stopped working all together. Our old Panasonic microwave was almost 20 years old and was still working when we bought this one. Looks like everything Is throw away Now after a only a few years use, nothing seems to last anymore.NOT happy!!

Purchased in August 2017 at Betta Home Living.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Flemo, sorry to hear that the microwave hasn't met your expectations. If you would like the details of someone that can assess the unit, please contact our customer service team on 132600.

Angry CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible. Do not buy this microwave.

Same as all the other bad reviews. Cooks unevenly, heats bowl or plate not food, really really noisy.

Has broken multiple plates and bowls of mine, it’s costing me too much now I should send a bill to Panasonic for my replacement bowls etc.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Angry Customer

Just doubled checked. My IKEA plates and bowls are microwave safe - just not this microwave obviously.

Steven F.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst buy ever

The worst appliance I have ever owned! Hated it from day one because does not heat properly, can take 10 mins to reheat a single meal unevenly. Don't waste money

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Steven, sorry to hear you aren't satisfied with the unit. Have you tried using our FAQ's in relation to cooking with a flatbed microwave.

Itchy JulieHobart, TAS

Worst Panasonic Microwave Ever

Noisy, doesn’t reheat evenly, dishes are boiling hot and food cold, and the cool function is a piece of nonsense. This is my fourth Panasonic and only bought this to match other appliances in my new kitchen. Have returned the first one and will be returning this piece of junk.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

FrankSydney, NSW

Microwave keeps going into "cooling" mode and stops working

Everytime I microwave anything for say a few minutes, the microwave goes into "cool" mode, which prevents me from using it for like 10 minutes. So if I was to microwave more than 1 thing, it'll make me wait 10 minutes before progressing again. This is absolutely stupid and unnecessary.

There is no way to bypass this from what I can see.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$300.00.

Hopefull83

Hopefull83Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

14mths old now suddenly door will no longer latch and stay closed, bought from Costco November 2018

Loved the idea of no turn table, has been a great microwave up until now, although I have found sometimes things take a little longer to heat up then the old fashioned ones I wasnt to bothered, but now the dam door wont close and seems as though I've wasted $260 for nothing which makes me mad as we are a family of 7 on a strict budget and now I must find spare money to replace a microwave I was expecting to last maybe 10yrs being a Panasonic! Very disappointed dont waste your money like I did!

Purchased in November 2018 at Costco for A$260.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Sorry to hear about the fault with your microwave, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

sharon Croser

sharon CroserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

NOISE

Purchased a new Microwave just before xmas and had to return as the scraping noise and whirring noise. Was not good. Was replaced but this one has different rattling noise when working. Why can't companies make a decent product. I have noticed there are a lot of queries about noise. And all you say is contact Consumer Care. Really. There is a problem with the microwave

Purchased in December 2019 at Harveys.