Panasonic NN-SF574S

MPNs: 35904348 and NN-SF574SQPQ

Wally

WallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Noise microwave

My new microwave Make loud noise when it is operating is this normal, other then that i find it quit good for what it does, it defrost even, the touch pad Is easy to use

Purchased in November 2019 for $249.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Wally, thank you for reaching out and providing a review. It is difficult to say if the noise is normal as a microwave will make operational noise while in use. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

GMB

GMBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not purchase

We owned this model for approx 2 yrs and did not expect to have to replace our microwave within that timeframe. However, from the beginning, we experienced issues with the door latch. Basically it becomes loose and therefore the light won't go off, so the microwave won't operate. Got it fixed whilst under warranty when it got so bad that no amount of jiggling the handle worked. Never really fixed the problem and it just got worse to the point where it was no longer operable. Very frustrating and a waste of money. Ended up replacing it with a cheaper brand with sturdier handle. A good example of prioritising style over function; like the streamlined look but it was essentially non-functional.

Purchased in November 2017.

KiraU

KiraUMelbourne

Worst microwave and complete waste of money

I wish we never purchased this microwave, we were talked into this microwave from the sales person. It sounded promising it the sales pitch. It is literally the worst microwave we have ever owned. It does not cook or reheat evenly. It clearly wasn't tested properly. What a piece of junk. I want to throw it out the window sometimes. I contacted Panasonic and they give you a big spiel about what bowls to use and how to use it correctly. Save yourself the hassle and do not purchase one to start with. I am fairly sure these wont stay on the market for long.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Flora A.

Flora A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just as slow as our fan forced oven - so disappointed and frustrated every time we use it.

Purchased in December 2018 for $330.00.

Meenz

MeenzSydney, NSW

Love the no turntable

I like that this microwav doesn't have a turntable, so I can put in larger and rectangular cookware without it hitting the sides. Very easy to use and I like the sleek design and the ease of cleaning inside.

The only thing I have noticed on the down side though is that it seems to take double the time to heat everything compared to ones i have used in the past, and following the recommended guidelines. Deep dishes fit well in the microwave but I do find there’s uneven cooking and length of time required can vary but I got used to it.

Not sure I would buy the same one again though.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $229.00.

Liz

Liz

Unimpressed

Just purchased the Microwave Inverter NN-SF574S and put into a new kitchen today. We also bought the trim and had cupboards made for it. I cannot see the display window at all! The light is too dim!
I have contacted Panasonic and have sent a photograph as requested. An engineer is to ring me apparently. I expect it to be fixed ASAP or .....

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Liz, we are sorry to hear about your experience. As you have already contacted our team, please contact us directly for further assistance with your case reference number.

Steph Z-MSydney, NSW

Worst microwave I have ever used, let alone owned.

We bought this less than 6 months ago and loved the concept of a flat turntable. We quickly realised that it doesn't heat evenly. Then the door got harder and harder to close, and now the thing doesn't turn on at all. It has basically died after less than 6 months of use. Beyond disappointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Steph, sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your microwave. Please contact Panasonic directly on 132600 for further assistance.

Steph Z-M

I’ve Already been in touch with someone but keen to have a resolution.

Not the Best

I’ve always believed Panasonic offered superior products until SF574S. The concept is great but poorly executed. The door isn’t fitted straight which worry’s me that it leaking heat out. It’s extremely noisy, I would actually compare the noise to a tracker. The LED light within the oven is very dim.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

HI John, thanks for the feedback, given the points you mention and that you just purchased the unit it maybe worth returning to the store for some further assistance.

Lorraine D.

Lorraine D.Hunter Region, NSW

Definitely don’t buy

Lasted 14 mths before I started having issues. Wouldn’t start. Going straight to cooling, have to give it a bit of a shake then hope it will start. door hard to shut. Yes I thought it was good too when I first got it but so disappointed that a Panasonic product ( supposed to be good quality) only lasted a short time. I have read Panasonic that there are many reviews saying much the same thing. The reviews that say they are happy with this product haven’t had them for more than 12 mths yet .This product needs to be pulled from the shelf .

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lorraine, I understand your customer service team are working with you in relation to this matter. Please contact them directly to discuss this further.

Heating meals

Two meals to heat, used a stand between the two and the meal on the top of the stand COLD and the one on bottom overly hot
What can I do

Purchased in April 2019 for $200.00.

Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

Don't Buy

pls Dont buy. The door doesn't close properly you will have heat coming out and radiation very disappointing from Panasonic. Technician said "yes" we are having problems with this model

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tammy, thanks for the feedback. We would like to understand further who the technician was that provided you with this information as this isn't something we have seen. Please send us a DM with further information.

Jonesy4567

Jonesy4567South East Queensland, QLD

Love this Microwave

Had to replace the old one, and this was on special at JB. It doesn't have a turntable which seems weird at first, but means that you can use larger and rectangular cookware. The controls are easy to get used to and it's easy to reset the clock when the power goes out. All in all, happy to recommend this appliance.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $189.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jonesy, thanks for the great feedback, the flatbed technology definitely has it's advantages. For some more great cooking ideas, please refer to our Ideas Kitchen page

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Panasonic Flatbed Inverter Microwave (No Turntable)

Control panel with a plethora of options including auto functions for reheating, defrosting, melt and soften, pasta, bread to mention a few

Flatbed with no turntable means I can put in a much larger size dish for both cooking and reheating food

Easy to wipe clean

Only downside is the noise it makes whilst cooling down

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $269.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, thanks for providing your positive review. Some great new recipe ideas can be found at https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/microwave-oven/

Michelle B

Michelle BPerth, WA

Love the no turntable

Food keeps moisture...Easy to use control panel...Heats food evenly...Easy to clean as there is no turntable to take in and out of the microwave...Like the stainless steel look as well.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Michelle, thank you for taking the time to provide your 5 star review. We do appreciate the feedback.

Phil BSydney, NSW

Sadly disappointed with Panasonic for substandard quality and inadequate customer care.

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys for $227.00.

ePin

ePinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faulty and unreliable

3 years old. Intermittently goes into cool mode for past year for no obvious reason. Now the internet light stays on and it won’t start until the top of the door is pushed down. Worst Panasonic microwave we have ever owned (3 previously).

Purchased in March 2016 at The Good Guys Physical store for $600.00.

Len

LenPerth, WA

Door won't shut, had it 16 months

Generally a good microwave, was happy enough with how it would heat the food, straight forward controls and quick start function is good, however the door doesn't close after 16 months of purchase.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $200.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Len, thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we can provide you details of the nearest repair agent.

cliff

cliffSouth East Queensland, QLD

hard working product

my panasonic convection oven is amazing,i use it mostly every day instead of my brand new electric/gas combi 90 cm stove,it is so convenient to do micro/grill/ oven which ever you want, but be aware it is very VERY EXPENSIVE,on electricity,almost2000 w on grill,so beware

Purchased in September 2017 at Cash Converters Physical Shop for $75.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Cliff, thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

George

GeorgeDarling Downs, QLD

Less than 2 years old and doesnt work

We have owned this microwave for just under 2 years. Purchased from Good Guys. It worked well until about 2 weeks ago, and now just goes into cool mode, and wont start. 12 month warranty, and looks to have been designed to last about the same. I personally never liked the button set up, with a choice of 1 sec, 10sec, 1 min or 10min increments. I prefer just inputting the time you want.

Purchased in October 2017 for $269.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Duncan, sorry to hear about the fault with your microwave after such a short time. If you would like to discuss further, please contact our customer service team on 132600.

Gary D.Australian Capital Territory

Everything requires double the cooking time

Heating frozen vegetables requires a increased weight input and twice the time. So bored putting everything through the same motion twice. Was expecting faster times with new technology and 1,000 watts, but got a microwave requiring everything to go back in and a requirement to repeat the same increased weight/time process

Purchased in March 2019 for $290.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Gary. Please see our FAQ on cooking with a flatbed microwave hopefully this will assist you with better cooking