Panasonic NN-ST665B

Panasonic NN-ST665B

MPN: NNST665BQPQ

Works well and good internal capacity

This microwave has a good internal capacity and large plate, even thought the exterior dimensions, compared to other microwaves with the same capacity, is quite compact. Its quiet, heats evenly and easy to use. Looks good too! Happy with this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

Reliable product

I bought this microwave from Harvey Norman during the boxing day sale and for the price paid, this is a great product. It has inverter technology so it heats up the food evenly and also is a perfect size to fit into the built in microwave cabinet in our new kitchen. It has a sleek, black modern look and would suit well in any kitchen design.

Perfect microwave

My second panasonic microwave oven, first one lasted 20 years. Recent purchase is last christmas, dec 18,2018, again its the best microwave oven just like my first panasonic microwave, newer model and smaller,, highly recommended. Got it from good guys,

Mostly happy

Bought this microwave a week ago as other one ( another brand died ) after 4 months. Looks great and cooks well for what we need, there are 2 things that are annoying 1: You can't add time and once your food is cooked and you go to put something else in you have to press stop/ cancel before you can cook again.2: The most annoying thing is the light inside is so small that you can't see what's cooking inside which is not great when cooking gravy or sauces as you can't see if its going to boil over. I do like that it is fairly quiet when cooking and when when you open and close its not as loud and clunky as some.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Decent microwave

Have had his for six months now and it's performed okay. Food is sometimes unevenly heated but most microwaves have this problem anyway, all that I've owned anyway. Doesn't have the automatic fan feature after microwaving so you don't have to deal with the loud fan noise afterwards and can just close it up right after use.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Jackie, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your microwave.

It's ok

It would be good if it had 5 second increments on the timer, with the 10 second timer, everything you put at the front of the unit finishes at the rear. This is a replacement model as my previous model failed. I have to write eight more words, almost done.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Bill, thank you for the feedback on how you would like future models to be designed, we will pass this onto the research and development team.

Perfect kitchen helper

This microwave is perfect as my kitchen helper and heats evenly, I do not need to watch everything that I reheat every time, it is just perfect in operation, easy to see buttons and easy to use without even resorting to reading the manual, I would recommend because it is reliable and easy in operation.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback on your microwave, it is great to hear you are having such a positive experience with the product.

Its a Microwave

Purchased to replace a Breville Microwave that burnt out after two years. Originally bought another one, however, when we got it home it sounded like a jet taking off when in use so we went back and bought this on recommendation from the sales assistant. It is a good microwave and relatively quiet. One annoyance is that you can not add time while it is going, you have to press stop/cancel to add time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Faultt

The door does not sit flush with the unit. As a result steam is released during use, creating condensation. As such, water pools around the top of the door and the unit. Noticed same fault on display models after purchase, however we did not bother taking it in to be fixed before our warranty ran out due to our experience with customer service and their obsession with blame. Would not recommend. Will be replacing with different brand

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great microwave

We purchased this microwave to replace another one that wasn't running correctly.
This Panasonic microwave looks sleek and modern and fits well into our kitchen with the black design, even though we only have silver appliances, it has enough silver to fit in.
Run's well and the sensor reheat function works perfectly.
I can't comment on the cooking functions as we really only use it for re-heating.

The only 2 negatives I have would be that it is very dark inside when running, but this doesn't bother us as we really don't stand and stare at the food, again we only reheating. Also like other people have said the one annoying thing is once the cycle is done, you cannot start another cycle until you press stop/cancel... So when its done we press stop/cancel straight away so next time we go to use it its ready to go. A quick start feature is missing too, i.e. when u put something in and press nothing but start and u get 30 seconds or so.. But even without the quick start and the stop/reset issue its still highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very happy with this

Our old microwave died so I did some research and found that the Panasonics had good bang for your buck, plus the inverter technology which seems specific to Panasonic.
We've had this unit for a few months and generally very happy with it.
We are a family of 5 and use the microwave very frequently, mainly to reheat leftovers. We haven't defrosted or cooked any food using it, so can't comment on how well it performs in that respect.
At my office we have a similar unit (Panasonic NN-ST641W) which is slightly lower in the lineup and I was set on that unit. Even went into the shop to buy it, but found that this model was only a bit more expensive and very glad I did so.

Pros:
Does a decent job of reheating, no complaints here. We usually reheat at 100% power.
Backlit display tells the time when its dark in the kitchen.
The button to open the door is large and doesn't require much force to use, which is important to us as the microwave is in an awkward spot that forces you to lean across the counter with an extended arm. The NN-ST641W by comparison has a smaller button that has a lot of resistance and hence needs considerable more force to use.
It does not keep Beeping like the NN-ST641W.
It does not have the ''Cooling" feature like the NN-ST641W.
I think it reheats better than the NN-ST641W.
Looks modern.

Cons:
No quick start button like on our old Sharp Carousel, where you could push the START button and instantly get 1 minute cooking.
You need to press the Clear button (Stop/Reset) before entering a cooking time which can be frustrating. You should just be able to press 1 minute and then Start!
Layout of the buttons could be better (have the 10s, 1min, 10min buttons close to the Start button).
Bright blue backlit letters may not suit all settings (is very vivid, although quite small).

The unit at my office (NN-ST641W) has been there for at least 3 years and hasn't missed a beat, so hopefully this one also lasts a decent while.
Aside from the interface/usability issues I consider this a great microwave.

Excellent product

I was in need of a new microwave and found thhis great product locally and I use it every day. Large inside bowl inside and easy to operate.
I love kitchen products as I love cooking.
Please.read my reviews that I have written. A person of my word. Please give some a go.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

BEEP, Beep, beep!

I have only had this microwave for a very short time and so far so good. All in all it does what it is designed to do. It reheats well & cooks evenly. It seems to be well made & is a sturdy unit & a good weight to pick up. The unit itself is quite quiet by my standards. The light inside is a bit dim & I'm not sure if the bulb needs to be brighter or if the light itself needs to be re-positioned inside the unit. This doesn't actually bother me too much but I can understand it may be cause for concern for some as you can't always see whats happening inside.This model does not have a 'cooling period' after using which I consider a huge plus. HOWEVER - there is one thing that I dislike and that the constant beeping & the fact that the beeping itself it a bit too loud for my liking. This is due to not having a numeric keypad so if you want to reheat for 40 secs you have to press 4 x 10 sec (4 beeps), then the unit beeps 4 times when it is finished. THEN you have to press 'stop' to re-set before you can start using again (another beep). Honestly - it drives in insane! I don't think I would consider buying another unit (regardless of make) that did not have a numeric keypad. I know this review may sound a bit negative & this is not my intention as I know many would not see this as a problem. Panasonic has always been a reliable brand & synonymous with good quality products & apart from a couple of minor distractions shall we say, I would recommend this as a very viable microwave.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Still works like a charm

Well built easy to clean defrosts quickly sturdy stylish good solid unit. A bit expensive but i guess you get what you pay for. Good functions easy to set and forget. Easy to clean has larger capacity cooks food quickly and effectively stylish black blends in with kitchen appliances. Will purchase again

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Can read your mind

The microwave is not loud. It warms up good to taste like it has actually been cooked freshly on the stove top. It is well built. Great quality for price. The features are easy to use and to understand. I would recommend this microwave to everyone that is looking to buy one.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not ao cool

I like it it looks good does what most of them do, with the inverter it gets food really hot. When you stop the heating it has to cool down. Thats when its a little annoyong, waiting for the cooling period before opening the door. A bit disappointing for panasonic but none the less still a good buy if you can have the patience

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great for the price

We updated our 5 year old Panasonic recently as they've proven reliable in the past. No noticeable difference between thew old or new microwave so don't expect any dramatic changes to the functions. Spacious interior and clear functions, recommended.

Only downside is that our internet cuts out when its on. Not sure if this relates to the microwave or router.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Decent Microware. Powerful, Large capacity.

This panasonic microwave is quite powerful and many cooking options (way too many). It fits most dishes and capacity is great. Well built, a bit heavy though. The built-in glass plate rotates very well.

Pros: Large capacity, inverter built-in, powerful.
Con: Too dark inside can't see the cooking item. Heavy

Date PurchasedOct 2017

love it

love it , no turntable to worry about. the finish inside ease of cleaning. has a cool cycle after using it. child lock if required. variety of menu selections.
cooks well and use it daily .it has good vents ,one point of interest is that you can use seconds feauture as well as minutes not in blocks so e.g. 2 mins 4 secs is able to be programmed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

BEAUTIFULLY ELLEGANT

We’ve always purchased Panasonic microwave ovens over the years either for ourselves or as a gift due to their reliability and appearance. We built a new house in 2014 and decided a couple of years later that a new ‘black’ microwave oven might suit our new house better even though our 10 year old ‘white’ Panasonic Genius microwave was still functioning perfectly. We bought this microwave purely for its elegant appearance as we were confident Panasonic would not let us down in terms of reliability and so far we’ve been right on the money. It is quite a large microwave which easily fits large plates/trays/dishes etc and is simple to operate. If I have only one small criticism which I guess applies to virtually all microwaves is that I wish they had a small button type backup battery so if the power is cut, you don’t have to reset the clock. We donated the old Panasonic Genius to charity who were very happy to accept it.

Date PurchasedApr 2016