Panasonic NN-ST665B

Listing monitored by Panasonic

Noeline
NoelineBrisbane

Very complicated

Not for the feint hearted this microwave. Can’t just put something in to reheat, oh no you have to select the correct heating and heaven forbid you don’t use the correct weight. Wish I had never bought it.

Purchased in May 2021 for $298.00.

Electro58Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Genius!

Bought the Panasonic to replace my dead LG MS52960B which only later 3 years before failing. It is night and day between the two.

The sensor control of the Panasonic is a revelation. No menus or weights, the sensor just does everything.
Cooks rice in half the time to perfection. Better defrosting performance and evenness than the LG by a mile.

Best nuke I've ever had, period.

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $289.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Electro58, thanks for the great review.

Don’t waste your money

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $289.00.

Denise
DenisePerth, WA

Buttons started bubbling after 2 months!

We bought this microwave on 14th Jan and within 2 months the buttons (start and 1min buttons - the ones we used most often) started to bubble (like as if there was a cheap clear film over the top only you can’t actually remove it!).
I had read a number of other reviews that had mentioned this issue but thought it was after years of use. But not the case at all. It is a well known issue which is why Good Guys refunded us immediately and we purchased a Samsung instead so will see how that goes. Very disappointing for a $280 microwave. Whilst it heated well the quality is extremely poor
Don’t waste your time otherwise you’ll be making another trip back not soon after

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys for $280.00.

He Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An OK microwave

The front surface of the microwave has become faded after about half year and the plastic cover started to loose. This is not expected for a product only purchased recently despite I only use it once a day or so. The controls and programming functions are very similar to other Microwaves, so I didn't find it difficult to use or innovative either. The microwave heats food evenly as advertised.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $239.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi He, is the unit exposed to sunlight? Have you pulled off the plastic off the control panel when you first purchased it?

He Y.

no, the unit has been placed in a newly established house in which we have a proper microwave space under the bench.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

please send us some photos at ccc@panasonic.com.au

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
triks_melb
triks_melbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Severe rust paint falling into food

While eating our soup we noticed what looked like metal shavings. Upon closer inspection we noticed our Panasonic microwave was rusted out on the ceiling around the vents with paint peeling off and falling into food. We don’t know how long this has been happening for but now have serious concerns how long we have been eating paint.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys for $289.00.

mikema
mikema

Not well designed. Condensation. Uneven heating.

Purchased in July 2019 at Billy Guyatts for $246.00.

Ray
RayNew South Wales

terrible microwave

I bought this microwave on May 2019. In October 2019 it short circuited the kitchen a few times. I took to the repair person (recommended by Panasonic). They replaced the inverter unit. In Nov. 2019 it did again, it repair it and replace the inverter unit. In March 2020 it did it again, it short circuited the kitchen. After a long discussion with Panasonic they advise me to take the microwave the same repair person. No refunds and no new microwave. I have decided to purchase a new microwave and leave behind the nightmare of purchasing another Panasonic. Buyers beware! Panasonic do not treat customers very well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee for $240.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ray, sorry to hear about your experience with your microwave and not being able to assist you with a conclusion on the matter.

dai
daiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking worst microwave shame of Panasonic

Though we bought this microwave for two and half years, we only started to use it around one and half years ago and used it not more than twice a week. We maintained this unit in a good condition. However, due to the faulty inverter PCB, the microwave kept tripping the circuit breaker. Panasonic denied warranty repair due to the cost.

What a shame that the quality of Panasonic has plummeted. Never buy any more Panasonic products. Sharing this information to alert the prospective buyers.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for $220.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dai, sorry to hear about the failure of the unit. We do apologise that you weren't satisfied with the level of assistance offered to you from our support team.

Tegan S.
Tegan S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect microwave

We have always had Panasonic microwaves and loved them. We recently purchased the Panasonic NN-ST665B and are extremely happy with it. It fits perfectly in the allocated area and is very user friendly. It comes with a great manual which also includes some great recipes.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $249.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tegan thanks for the great review. Some more great recipes you can try out are at

ZeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This microwave has pros and cons

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

Zee

Hi, thanks for replying. We did remove the temporary plastic cover - the problem is with the button pad itself. I took a photo but can't seem to upload it with this comment. The microwave is about 20-30cm away from the stove top - is that enough?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Zee, with the heat that can be generated from a stove top, we would recommend further distance from it. You can email photos to ccc@panasonic.com.au

Karen
KarenCentral Queensland, QLD

GREAT MICROWAVE

I purchased this microwave in December 2018 and I'm very happy I bought it, I mainly use it for boiling rice/pasta, reheating, defrosting rather than cooking food. It's easy to use and the functions I use regularly reheat and defrost really well. My previous microwaves cavities used to rust out and we were told by a salesperson the cavity in this particular microwave is more rust resistant because it's made of something different(I can't remember what it is).
The only small issue is the light inside isn't very bright so it can be a bit hard to see inside but I would recommend it and I would purchase another one again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $220.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Karen, thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback on your microwave. You will notice the difference with the newer LED light which is what you are making reference too with it being a bit darker internally.

AmiraG
AmiraGSouth West, WA

Works well and good internal capacity

This microwave has a good internal capacity and large plate, even thought the exterior dimensions, compared to other microwaves with the same capacity, is quite compact. Its quiet, heats evenly and easy to use. Looks good too! Happy with this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

alyt
alytMelbourne

Reliable product

I bought this microwave from Harvey Norman during the boxing day sale and for the price paid, this is a great product. It has inverter technology so it heats up the food evenly and also is a perfect size to fit into the built in microwave cabinet in our new kitchen. It has a sleek, black modern look and would suit well in any kitchen design.

Angelita P
Angelita PSydney, NSW

Perfect microwave

My second panasonic microwave oven, first one lasted 20 years. Recent purchase is last christmas, dec 18,2018, again its the best microwave oven just like my first panasonic microwave, newer model and smaller,, highly recommended. Got it from good guys,

Read more reviews - page 2