Panasonic NN-ST671S / NN-ST671SQPQ

Panasonic NN-ST671S / NN-ST671SQPQ

MPNs: 35904367 and NN-ST671S

Won’t be buying a Panasonic microwave again

Microwave less than 2 years old and the device would stop as soon as you press start and then going to into cool mode. This happened on and off for about a month and then occurred every time I tried to microwave any item. Panasonic said that I would have to take the microwave to one of their centres (1.5 hours away from me and I don’t have a car). They said that they would cover the cost of repair if they find a manufacturing fault. If they didn’t then I would need to pay for testing and repair. The issue I have seems to be a common problem with their microwaves sold mid/late 2017, but they do not make it easy for someone to get help or recognise their product is faulty. Won’t be buying Panasonic again.

Purchased in August 2017.

Noise Level
Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your experience with your microwave. To be able to assist further, we do need the unit to be inspected by our service agent. They may have pick up options that they can offer you, please contact us again if you wish to have further assistance.

Caught on fire out of the blue!

We’ve had a number of Panasonic microwaves over the years and they’ve all been great. However, yesterday our 4 year old oven suddenly started billowing smoke out of the blue! It wasn’t in use at the time, and it is so lucky that we were a) awake and b) home at the time. I’ve contacted Panasonic and it has to be said they were very responsive, but given that this doesn’t seem to be an isolated incident (see other reviews posted for this model of microwave), I’d be very wary of leaving it plugged in overnight/ or when you aren’t at home.

Purchased in November 2014 at Appliances Direct Online for $263.00.

Panasonic NN-ST671S / NN-ST671SQPQ The Genius 1100W

Look, it gets the job done to be honest with you. I had an older microwave that was really patchy in its heating and that isnt an issue with this panasonic microwave. It has lot of buttons which i don't actually use but so does every microwave. Overall i recommend this product, she goes alright Panasonic microwave is easy to use. Heats and cooks food evenly and food’s original texture is preserved. Preset timers and functions easy to use. It is reliable. Price is reasonable and worth it. Great defrost function and reduces the defrost time compared to our old microwave. It also has a great stainless steel look that fits in to our kitchen perfectly. It has requires a lesser cavity space/air space than other microwaves. This requires only 10cm airspace at the back, around 5cm on the sides dor air flow
I've a number of Panasonic's but am disappointed with this one.
It looked fine on the shelf in lots of light but in my fairly light kitchen it's a pain in the proverbial to try and see the labels on the buttons and the LED display is a rather pale green which can be hard to make out what it's displaying.
I should have looked a bit harder and a bit further.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Krisheel, thank you for taking the time to provide all of the feedback you have on the microwave. Sorry to hear the display is difficult for you to see.

Decent value

Look, it gets the job done to be honest with you. I had an older microwave that was really patchy in its heating and that isnt an issue with this panasonic microwave. It has lot of buttons which i don't actually use but so does every microwave. Overall i recommend this product, she goes alright.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi D33nd33n, thank you for the feedback on your microwave.

Panasonic Microwave NN-ST671S

Panasonic microwave is easy to use. Heats and cooks food evenly and food’s original texture is preserved. Preset timers and functions easy to use. It is reliable. Price is reasonable and worth it. Great defrost function and reduces the defrost time compared to our old microwave. It also has a great stainless steel look that fits in to our kitchen perfectly. It has requires a lesser cavity space/air space than other microwaves. This requires only 10cm airspace at the back, around 5cm on the sides dor air flow.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Jeni, thank you for taking the time to provide a 5 star review. It is great to see how happy you are with the product and being able to use the features and functions of the microwave.

Certainly not brilliant

I've a number of Panasonic's but am disappointed with this one.
I should have looked a bit harder and a bit further.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Cap'n, thank you for the honest feedback and sorry to hear the unit isn't suitable for your circumstances.

Good no frills microwave

Does what you expect. The cooling down feature can be a bit annoying, but it only does it after a couple of uses. However most of the new microwaves have the same issue. The addition of some bonus bowls was a nice touch. The use of easy touch defrost is good

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Brenden, thank you for the feedback on your microwave.

You get what you pay for

I've found this to be a well performing microwave for its mid-range price tag. It doesn't take up too much kitchen space, is easy to figure out, heats food quickly enough (sometimes you do need to stir food so it heats evenly but that's not a huge deal) and has lasted four years without a hitch.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Hi JRo, thank you for the feedback on your microwave, it is great to hear that you have enjoyed the unit for 4 years now.

Good microwave

Heats very well and quickly, it has a cooling down function where after you heat an item it cools the microwave which is a little strange and annoying as it’s loud. But other than that it’s a good micro and value for money. It’s also a good size and presents well

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thank you for the feedback, we are pleased to hear you are enjoying your microwave. In relation to the cool mode, this is normal operation, it allows the electrical components to properly cool down.

Great features and heats evenly!

Love it! Has lots of features, adjustable heating power. Inverter heats and defrost evenly. Cool down fan after heating sounds the same as heating, not noisy. Cool down fan comes on every now and then, not after every heating. Looks great, no fingers prints on door! Sturdy and well built!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Worked well, until it didn't

Purchased the microwave in April 2015 worked well until today. Had visible flames shooting into the cooking cavity from the side. Admittedly, we used it on a daily basis, so it’s had plenty of use, but throwing it away after just 3 years seems obscene. Personally, I’d be prepared to pay much more for something designed to last. So the question is: did I get a lemon, or is this a typical example of a modern panasonic microwave?

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Average - not great

It's negative traits are quite significant. Firstly, the general cooking function is very inconsistent, and it's the loudest machine I've ever used. With an annoying cooling session that follows any nuc for mostly 45 seconds. If your trying to microwave discreetly forget about. The door latch makes a racket. The Genius setting gets the job done, but sometimes over cooks food leaving it too moist. Its great to look at though. There are definitely others out there better than this.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good stuff!

The microwave cooks food well.
It is easy to use and the manual is understandable.
The microwave is quite. You cannot even notice the noise. And it has a function to cool down the inner part. It seems to be sturdy and well built. Its frame is made of metal not plastic.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Easy to use.

Have had this since 2015. We don’t use it often and only for reheating when we do. But it does the job and the buttons are easy enough to read and operate. My 7 year old taught herself to use it. The cooling down fan is noisy, so Nic so you think the machine is still running. Happy overall.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Not Bad

I'm fairly happy with this microwave. Been using since March 2017 and it's still going well. It's easy to use and easy to clean. My only complaint is that the button to open the oven door is not very strong and it often gets stuck, thus the door won't open. Also takes a while to cool down after each use. Very happy with the service from Appliances Online.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

A decent microwave

Having had a Panasonic Inverter microwave that finally stopped working after 12 years, was happy enough to go with Panasonic again.

As far as cooking goes, this replacement model does the job just as well as my last one. My old one was white inside, they've made the new one dark grey so harder to see inside while cooking (and any spatter for cleanup).

My only major complaint (like a few others) is the cooling function. I can heat something for 5 minutes, no cooling needed, then heat something for 10 seconds afterwards and then have to listen to the fan blasting for another minute.

I wouldn't say it's particularly louder than any other microwave, but it's not quiet by any means and it always seems to decide it needs to cool when you'd like a bit of silence.

Overall, it's still a decent microwave, the preset functions work fairly well and having had an inverter microwave previously it's the only type I'd use in future. Time will tell if I get the same lifespan out of this one as I did the old.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good overall microwave

Microwave has most of the features you'd expect from a mid-range model, and works well/reliable (this is my 2nd Panasonic). We only use the microwave for reheating food, and the "Sensor Reheat" feature works very well. The only complaint I have, which is a very minor one, is that it only has a 12H clock with no AM/PM setting.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great for what it can do

Great microwave does exactly what's intended of it. Came with the house I bought and have had no issues to date. Don't expect too much. Some features are a bit over the top but does what you expect of a microwave. Defrost well enough to not need to complain about that ootions

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Large range of functions

I like that there are several functions on the microwave. Sensor reheat and defrost are great, as is the ability to use power at a percentage for things like melting chocolate.I also like the veg cooking function which almost always cooks them perfectly.
It is a replacement for the same model i had previously that i did not properly ventilate and it caught fire as a result so that is definitely something to watch, making sure it is well ventilated is essential.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great microwave - Panasonic reliability.

Very happy with my Panasonic microwave. I've had it for over 6 months and use it a lot every day. I have had Panasonic microwaves most of my life. I recently moved and decided to get a new one, after giving my old one to my uni bound son. The new one is basically an up-date of my old one.
I love the de-frost feature. And the timer buttons are up-dated, which is great. They weren't bad on the old one, but now even easier.
Very easy to clean, inside and out. The size is good too. I like to have enough room for larger items so they can rotate.
Love this microwave, and know it will last a long time.
Great service from Appliances online. I got the extra warranty, which I always do with more expensive items. I never had any problem from my previous Panasonic microwave, but it's nice to know that if I did, it would be fixed or replaced.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

I have a Panasonic NN-st671s, and every time we trying to use the microwave while using wifi, it interferes the wifi. I also put in my mobile phone in the microwave and it turns out it did receive signals. So i would like to ask is this a possible design flaw? Or is there leakage of the microwave?
Hi. We have wifi around the house and on our phones and it does not affect our microwave or it’s function. I hope this answers your question.Hi Pringles, Thank you for your query. 1. The operating frequency of a microwave oven is about 2.4 GHz this is the same as the wi-fi in most houses. It is recommended that the microwave oven and wi-fi router should not be in the same room as some interference may result. 2. Using the mobile phone for a test in the microwave is not a test as the phone will work. All testing of microwave ovens must be done in accordance with Australian Standards and with specialist equipment that is calibrated every year.

H97 appears in the display window, any idea why?
Hi Troy, this is a fault code. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and they will provide you with details of your nearest Authorised Service Centre.

What type of light is in oven. LED or incandescent
Incandescent and not enough watts either as it is difficult to see what is in the oven. I guess they will use leds in the future - I whished mine had leds. Also the digital display is not bright enough and hard to read in brightly lit areas.Sorry Ted, I have no idea how to tell the difference. I've just had a thorough look through the instruction book and it doesn't state what type of light it is.

NN-ST671S / NN-ST671SQPQ