Panasonic SR-DF101WST / SR-DF181WST

3.4

aws a.

aws a.Victoria

I don't like it

I bought it 2 weeks ago... the rice cooked so well but So much water stocked at the lid so i need to put paper towel inside to dry while cooking and no alarm if cooked...

Purchased in June 2020 at MyDeal.com.au for A$140.00.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Was great until coating started to come off

I have had this for 18 months. In the past I have always bought cheaper rice cooker and replaced a couple of years later when Teflon coating starts to wear away.

I really have like it and would have given it a better score except for the durability of the coating. In this price range I would have expected it to last longer.

Purchased in November 2018.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback and your review.

Jade

JadeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible

So many reason why terrible:
1. Slow to cook (cooking brown rice takes 2hrs).
2. No alarm to tell you when its done.
3. So much water and scum collects at the lid and the 4 corners of cooker.
4. Thus, making it very difficult to clean.
5. Sometimes it switched to keep warm even when its not done.

Mary

MarySouth West, WA

Best rice cooker ever

I bought this rice cooker after having had cheap, $20 rice cookers for 30+ years that lasted a year or so, burning the rice each time and flaking off the non-stick coating. This rice cooker is undoubtedly the best I have had because it does not heat the rice/water to boiling point and nor does it overcook or burn the rice. Yes, it takes 30 minutes for white or brown rice, but it is worth waiting an extra ten minutes to get perfect rice.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$100.00.

phoenixd

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Small, 5-cup cooker - exactly what we need

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for A$85.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Thank you fo rthe detailed feedback, we do really appreciate you taking the time to provide the review.

Renae

Renae

Terribly Slow

I purchased this rice cooker as our last one died. I really wish the store still had my old rice cooker in stock as this one is so slow. It can take over an hour for white rice & there is no alarm to let you know when its done. Sometimes it flicks over to keep warm even before its finished cooking.
It really hasn't made cooking rice easy at all, i might as well cook it on the stove & stand there & watch like we used to.

Graham

GrahamPerth, WA

Great rice... but SO slow!

While, admittedly, the eventual result is excellently cooked rice, it takes over 2 hours to cook brown rice (seriously!). Plus it has no alarm to alert you when it’s finished cooking which means you can’t just set & forget & wait for the ‘beep’ so have keep checking it. Disappointed really especially for the cost. My old “cheapie” didn’t cook quite as well but it was/is super quick & ‘pings’ when it’s ready.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$89.00.

HasonSydney, NSW

Nice compact versatile cooker.

Purchased in March 2019 at 2nds World Online store for A$79.00.

SteveNSW, 2019

Great Rice Cooker best I've had so far

I've gotten this through my 'flybys' reward program and the SR-DF181WST is the easiest and best rice cooker I've had, no complaints and it does its job in every aspect. Its modern, looks great in a modern kitchen and its ease of use is tremendous, that is and if you read the instruction manual, which I'm sure some people don't and that is why they have some of the problems listed here.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to provide such great information on your experience with your rice cooker, we are glad to hear you find it so easy to use. Happy cooking!

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rice Cooked easy

Date PurchasedJan 2016
jeeperscreepers

jeeperscreepersMelbourne

Waste of time I

I was tossing up between buying a cheap rice cooker or the Panasonic thinking you get whatwhat you pay for. My first attempt was a failure ,I was hoping to have rice for tea. After two hours the rice was still hard. I tried again the following day and had the same result I followed all the instructions for white rice. I am taking it back to the Good Guys.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Kelly

KellyPomona

Bought for Brown Rice

... but found the brown rice setting didn’t work very well. Used the ordinary rice setting instead but not very happy with that either. Perhaps I wasn’t very impressed with this rice cooker because I usually make only a single serve of rice - one third of a cup - for myself, and presume it would be handy for people who cooked larger quantities. I have an induction cook top with a timer, and that makes perfect brown and white rice and wonder to myself why I bought this rice cooker.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
ccoll

ccoll

Works great

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Levi Tsung

Levi TsungAU

Reliable rice cooker

We were looking for a small rice cooker just for my partner and myself and a lot of the rice cookers in the market are too big, for big families. I finally found this one and we are very happy. It's effective, it doesn't take too long to cook, it doesn't take up too much space in the kitchen, and It's cute.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ethann

EthannMelbourne

Good but not the best rice cooker

I bought this rice cooker eight months ago and have used it everyday. So far the cooker worked fine for different purposes i.e. making sticky rice, porridge or steaming vegetables. However I found the cleaning work for this cooker is hard and there is no water drainage for water coming out of the cooker. This is a big miss as it's a common
thing to have, even with cheaper rice cookers available on the market

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Colin N

Colin NMelbourne

A great choice!

Bought this cooker 2 months ago. I have no complaints so far. It's very easy to use and clean. I usually eat brown rice and it cook them very well. The steam function works well too but you need to use timer as it only automatically stops when running out of water. 5 cups are enough for 3 to 4 people.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
ApplePineapplePen

ApplePineapplePenPerth, WA

Makes good rice and soup

I used this to make rice and soup and it cooks perfectly well. Simple to use and easy to clean. Do not have any problems with this rice cooker. The rice does not stick to the pot hence easy to wash and clean. Have been using it for months and it still works perfectly well.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Martin F

Martin FSydney

Good rice cooker

I have been using this rice cooker for the past few years. The price is reasonably, and does cook a few different types of rice. The only thing it's the inside of the cover is not very easy to clean, sometimes there are rice hidden in it and I can't clean it properly.

Date PurchasedMay 2013