6Parlux 3800 Eco Friendly

6Parlux 3800 Eco Friendly

85%10%5%

Safety
3.5
Brand Manager for Parlux? Claim your listing.

ENgo
ENgoNSW15 posts
  3800 Eco Friendly

Effective but watch out for switch sparks

The hairdryer is a great performer and comfortable to hold. Over time, I had noticed that an electric arc forms within the switch each time a switch setting is accessed (e.g. heat settings). Seems like a problem as I don’t want to get zapped by a high power device or start a fire if hair gets caught. Contacted Parlux customer service to help but no response for over a month. Looks like they don’t have after sales service nor care about consumer safety for older products. Replaced with a Dyson hairdryer which have better after sales service and safety oriented. Parlux was purchased from a brick and mortar store that are no longer in business. Show details
Safety
Kirsten
KirstenSydney, NSW3 posts

A “real” professional hair dryer

Everything needed fir a great blow dry; speed, power and light to hold. My hair dried so quickly and is super smooth. This is my third Parlux hairdryer and it’s the best! Show details
Kalas
KalasSydney, NSW19 posts

The best little Hair Dryer I have every owned

Purchased my third Parlux Hairdryer after giving my original one to my mum 7 years ago and my other one to my daughter. New Parlux is fantastic! Lightweight and very powerful! It doesn't feel like it is damaging at all. No wonder this is the only hairdryer hairdressers use! Show details
Jeannine M.
Jeannine M.
  Verified 3800 Eco Friendly

Horrible !! Dangerous and got stuck in my clients hair !!! I bought it less then 30 days ago and I'm soo upset of how horrible this dryer is !! I'm a professional stylist and am super upset with this blow dryer !!! Do not buy from parlux unless you don't mind wasting money !! Bad burning smell!!! dangerous, the blow dryer got stuck in my clients hair and I had to cut it out ! There is a horrible burnt smell when I turn it on !!! I repeat do not buy this dryer Show details
JTem
JTemSydney14 posts

Excellent hair dryer

There is a good reason why professional hair dressers use this brand of hair dryer. This is a class above the basic hair dryers in most shops. Once you dry your hair with a Parlux you realise there is no other way to effectively do this.

The quality of this hair dryer is well worth the purchase price

Cait123
Cait123VIC, 307211 posts

Brilliant Hairdryer - Non-Stop

It so rare these days to get an electrical product that you don't constantly have to replace every couple of years. This hairdryer is a total workhorse, never misses a beat. I think I've had it for about 4 or 5 years now, which occurred to me the other day because I've basically replaced every other product I owned at the time I bought it at least once. Would recommend in a second.

Stephania
StephaniaSouth Australia10 posts

Fantastic Hair Dryer

I was forever a person to buy a cheap hair dryer and change it ever 12 months because it either blew up or stopped working. This was my first "more expensive"purchase on a Hair Dryer. I have no complaints what so ever. This Parlux 3800 was purchased in the Mid Year/ EOFY Stock take Sales. It is a fantastic durable hair dryer, hair dries much faster and is softer and shinier.

Kate
KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts

Fantastic

I have had my Parlux 3800 for 3 years now. It has never failed me. It has completely changed the way my hair looks. Great volume and shine. I don't know how I lived without it.

Kshitij
KshitijSydney2 posts

Excellent Product

Still going strong. My wife loves this Parlux Hair Dryer. Excellent Hair Dryer. Quick and easy. Doesn't burn your scalp like others. Got it at a great rate from ry.com.au. Check their website. Love it!

Matthew
Matthew8 posts
  3800 Eco Friendly

Great hair dryer! Better than any that I have used in the past

Parlux dryer is very strong and does its job really well.

It has 2 different settings & a button that cools down the air blowing out of the dryer.

The dryer is slightly heavier than cheaper dryers but the functionality is much better.

May be a little heavy for smaller people.

Catherine Nguyen
Catherine Nguyen2 posts

5 years old and going strong

I have had this for five years and absolutely love it. Its saloon quality, it produced enough heat and air to dry my hair in less than 7 minutes, which is quick compared to most other hair dryers. It has a cool function which is handy and a long cord. I'm impressed at its longevity, even though I am tempted to get the Dyson, I can't justify buying it considering how well this hairdryer is performing. My only gripe is that it is slightly heavy but you know that it is really sturdy and produces a lot of power despite its compact design.

Dan W
Dan W4 posts

Excellent, love it!

Being a hairdresser I need a strong, fast, and reliable hairdryer for everyday use. The 3800 is light on the wrist which is especially important if you’re using it multiple times a day.

I’ve owned many hairdryers but nothing beats Parlux. It has been my trusted brand throughout my 15 year career and I’d recommend it highly.

Muhammad
MuhammadMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Great Hair dryer

Purchased from ebay with very good deal. It has been great for the time we have been using it. Like its features e.g Can do hot air or cool air, hot air different settings, fair weight not too light but not heavy either. Long cord is awesome which is very helpful. It seems fitted by powerful motor inside.

Happy with it.

Annie
Annie4 posts

Powerful Hairdryer

I bought this based on positive reviews based on the positive reviews I kept reading and I have to agree with the reviews. It is a very powerful machine. I bought this a few years ago and it is still in perfect working order. It is quite powerful and dries my hair in less than 10 minutes. I love how is it made out of recycled products and it isn't too heavy to hold. It doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it less frizzy than order hairdryers that I have used.

A.D.
A.D.Melbourne6 posts

Okay

This is suppose to be the "ferrari of hairdryers" however it hasn't impressed. Though yes it dries hair, in the end I've used cheaper hairdryers that have resulted in similar outcomes. Overall value for money is okay. It also feels a bit heavy after a while.

Sharon
Sharon · 3800 Eco Friendly

I've just bought a Parlux 3800 and am finding the switches a little unexpected. When both switches are on medium it blows out cold air - I'm wanting the medium heat with gentle air flow and don't seem to be able to achieve this. Is this how it's meant to be? Thanks Sharon

Lara
Lara

The settings are confusing! I think they are the same on all models, and someone listed them out in the Q&A section on a review of a different model here: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/parlux-385-light.html

Rhonda
Rhonda · 3800 Eco Friendly

I have a short textured bob that needs blasting for it too look a bit wild. My hair is very thick and fine. I also have problems with my shoulder and arm so need the hairdryer to be light in weight. Which model should I choose without getting confused?

rossreviews
rossreviews
alexsufian
alexsufian · 3800 Eco Friendly

What is the voltage for this model? Can it be operated by 110 volt?

Tech Queen
Tech Queen

240v

See all Parlux 3800 Eco Friendly questions

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Parlux? Claim your listing.