Parlux 3800 Eco Friendly

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Parlux? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
  • Safety
Kirsten
KirstenSydney, NSW

A “real” professional hair dryer

Everything needed fir a great blow dry; speed, power and light to hold. My hair dried so quickly and is super smooth. This is my third Parlux hairdryer and it’s the best!

Purchased in May 2021 at Hairdressers Hardware for $240.00.

Kalas
KalasSydney, NSW

The best little Hair Dryer I have every owned.

Purchased my third Parlux Hairdryer after giving my original one to my mum 7 years ago and my other one to my daughter. New Parlux is fantastic! Lightweight and very powerful! It doesn't feel like it is damaging at all. No wonder this is the only hairdryer hairdressers use!

Purchased in July 2019 for $199.95.

Other Hair Dryers

Horrible !! Dangerous and got stuck in my clients hair !!! I bought it less then 30 days ago and I'm soo upset of how horrible this dryer is !! I'm a professional stylist and am super upset with this blow dryer !!! Do not buy from parlux unless you don't mind wasting money !! Bad burning smell!!! dangerous, the blow dryer got stuck in my clients hair and I had to cut it out ! There is a horrible burnt smell when I turn it on !!! I repeat do not buy this dryer

Purchased in May 2019 for $200.00.

JTem
JTemSydney

Excellent hair dryer

There is a good reason why professional hair dressers use this brand of hair dryer. This is a class above the basic hair dryers in most shops. Once you dry your hair with a Parlux you realise there is no other way to effectively do this.
The quality of this hair dryer is well worth the purchase price

Cait123
Cait123VIC, 3072

Brilliant Hairdryer - Non-Stop

It so rare these days to get an electrical product that you don't constantly have to replace every couple of years. This hairdryer is a total workhorse, never misses a beat. I think I've had it for about 4 or 5 years now, which occurred to me the other day because I've basically replaced every other product I owned at the time I bought it at least once. Would recommend in a second.

Stephania
StephaniaSouth Australia

Fantastic Hair Dryer

I was forever a person to buy a cheap hair dryer and change it ever 12 months because it either blew up or stopped working. This was my first "more expensive"purchase on a Hair Dryer. I have no complaints what so ever. This Parlux 3800 was purchased in the Mid Year/ EOFY Stock take Sales. It is a fantastic durable hair dryer, hair dries much faster and is softer and shinier.

Kate
KateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic

I have had my Parlux 3800 for 3 years now. It has never failed me. It has completely changed the way my hair looks. Great volume and shine. I don't know how I lived without it.

Kshitij
KshitijSydney

Excellent Product

Still going strong. My wife loves this Parlux Hair Dryer. Excellent Hair Dryer. Quick and easy. Doesn't burn your scalp like others. Got it at a great rate from ry.com.au. Check their website. Love it!

Matthew
Matthew

Great hair dryer! Better than any that I have used in the past.

Parlux dryer is very strong and does its job really well.
It has 2 different settings & a button that cools down the air blowing out of the dryer.
The dryer is slightly heavier than cheaper dryers but the functionality is much better.
May be a little heavy for smaller people.

5 years old and going strong

I have had this for five years and absolutely love it. Its saloon quality, it produced enough heat and air to dry my hair in less than 7 minutes, which is quick compared to most other hair dryers. It has a cool function which is handy and a long cord. I'm impressed at its longevity, even though I am tempted to get the Dyson, I can't justify buying it considering how well this hairdryer is performing. My only gripe is that it is slightly heavy but you know that it is really sturdy and produces a lot of power despite its compact design.

Dan W
Dan W

Excellent, love it!

Being a hairdresser I need a strong, fast, and reliable hairdryer for everyday use. The 3800 is light on the wrist which is especially important if you’re using it multiple times a day.
I’ve owned many hairdryers but nothing beats Parlux. It has been my trusted brand throughout my 15 year career and I’d recommend it highly.

Muhammad
MuhammadMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Hair dryer

Purchased from ebay with very good deal. It has been great for the time we have been using it. Like its features e.g Can do hot air or cool air, hot air different settings, fair weight not too light but not heavy either. Long cord is awesome which is very helpful. It seems fitted by powerful motor inside.
Happy with it.

Annie
Annie

Powerful Hairdryer

I bought this based on positive reviews based on the positive reviews I kept reading and I have to agree with the reviews. It is a very powerful machine. I bought this a few years ago and it is still in perfect working order. It is quite powerful and dries my hair in less than 10 minutes. I love how is it made out of recycled products and it isn't too heavy to hold. It doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it less frizzy than order hairdryers that I have used.

A.D.
A.D.Melbourne

Okay

This is suppose to be the "ferrari of hairdryers" however it hasn't impressed. Though yes it dries hair, in the end I've used cheaper hairdryers that have resulted in similar outcomes. Overall value for money is okay. It also feels a bit heavy after a while.

MaryRosa
MaryRosaSydney

Best hairdryer ever!

I've always had problems with my messy hair and a good hairdryer is a must for me. When I first came to Australia I bought a Remington and it did the job but was not as resistant as I wanted to, so I broke it after 1 year. Then I've decided it was time to get a proper hairdryer & looking the reviews here I ended up getting the Parlux 3800. It's just the best hairdryer ever! My hair is so soft and shiny after using it and I can't imagine myself using another brand anymore. It's really worth the money.

Sharon
Sharonasked
3800 Eco Friendly

I've just bought a Parlux 3800 and am finding the switches a little unexpected. When both switches are on medium it blows out cold air - I'm wanting the medium heat with gentle air flow and don't seem to be able to achieve this. Is this how it's meant to be? Thanks Sharon

Lara
Lara

The settings are confusing! I think they are the same on all models, and someone listed them out in the Q&A section on a review of a different model here: http://www.productreview.com.au/p/parlux-385-light.html

Rhonda
Rhondaasked
3800 Eco Friendly

I have a short textured bob that needs blasting for it too look a bit wild. My hair is very thick and fine. I also have problems with my shoulder and arm so need the hairdryer to be light in weight. Which model should I choose without getting confused?

rossreviews
rossreviews

This model is actually surprisingly heavy and isn't particularly comfortable to hold up for extended periods of time. It is bigger than it looks online. It is pretty blast-y but the settings are definitely confusing and it blasts really hot air or vaguely expresses cool air. I probably wouldn't recommend it for a bob or for someone with shoulder problems.

alexsufian
alexsufianasked
3800 Eco Friendly

What is the voltage for this model? Can it be operated by 110 volt?

Snazzie