Pea Pods

• Comfort
Rebecca C.

Rebecca C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

I've tried these nappies on both of my children (baby boy & toddler girl), and they leek through in under an hour! They're bulky and poor quality. One of them arrived with a broken press stud!
I've since tried another brand and had no trouble. Don't waste your money on Pea Pods, I wish I didn't!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pea pods for A$100.00.

Kat

Kat

Terrible and horrendous customer service

First, nappies leak all the time. Quality of workmanship is terrible, some of the adjustable components were sewn in incorrectly making it impossible to adjust without unpicking some of the threads (the adjustable strap was sewn onto the nappy. Second washing instructions followed as per website and the wash bag left little red stains on all nappies, this shouldn’t happen I’d advise to wash on warm.

Very bulky too!

Lastly, when you call the customer service number it always goes to voicemail and the response via email is terrible. I wrote clearly and the pretence I didn’t know what I was talking about from their part was disgusting.

Don’t bother. There is many brands out there and I’m sure there is better!

Purchased in August 2020 at Online pea pods for A$250.00.

angry customer

angry customer

Leaks

Leaks almost immediately, does not matter what sizing i use (s,m'l) this is with the trifold, cover and nightbooster... my bub 8 months have tried to use but to many leaks. Prefer alva which is only 1/3 price of peapods.

Purchased at Baby Bunting for A$25.00.

Jess_e8862

Jess_e8862Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shells always leak - inserts are the best thing about them

Cannot get a good fit with peapods unfortunately, no matter how I adjust the elastics or how I'm putting them on. I only use them with a PUL cover now because I don't trust them, even for 2 hours, to not leak around legs. The inserts are decent - I often just use them in other brand nappy shells that I get a much better fit with.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$25.00.

Great product

We've been using Pea Pods with our son from when he was 3 months. We've not used disposables. The liners are very absorbent - we put the tri-fold in the pocket rather than using the snaps. They wash and dry well. The leg elastic works perfectly well. We found that use them overnight with an additional waterproof pilcher that we had left over from his later newborn phase. This allows the nappy to fill overnight without leaking onto his clothes - this is usually 12 hours as he sleeps through the night. I'm not sure why people have such trouble with leaking. That hasn't been our experience.

Purchased in January 2019 at pea pods .

May

MaySydney, NSW

These leak!

I bought these at an expo in 2018. They leak after 1-2 hours. Even going through pants. Quite disappointed with these. I still use them, but have to change often.

Purchased in September 2018.

Jessie

JessieGippsland, VIC

Very leaky

The trifold inserts are too bulky and the nappy doesn’t seal around the legs well, even with the adjustable leg holes. They just leak all the time. It is very frustrating.

Purchased in July 2019.

aj01

aj01melbs

Leaks all the time

These nappies leak ALL the time around the legs. Even on the tightest setting with the elastics and snaps, you have to have a baby with really chunky legs to get a decent fit. Bought the starter pack and might use it once bubs is bigger, but now will be buying a different brand that actually fits properly (yet another cost). Unless your baby is big with chunky legs, there is no point, unless you like doing lots of washing!

Purchased in February 2020 for A$249.00.

Kel83

Kel83

Disappointing

I’ve been using peapods since my little one was born. They aren’t new and washed correctly. Now they leak constantly and I’m getting fed up that I spent so much money but more worried about the environment as I have to rely on disposables again. I’ve tried the hacks to make them more absorbent but they just keep leaking around the legs. Disappointing.

Purchased in August 2019.

Good solid cloth nappy

Purchased in January 2020 for A$249.50.

Shanny B.

Shanny B.Perth, WA

Leaky hard elastic nappy

The elastics get harder and harder to tighten. They leak more then any other brand I've used so far.i do like the wet bags and inserts but that's about it really

Purchased in February 2020 at Babybunting.

Leaking after 1-2hours

Keep tightening the elastic around the legs but starts leaking after 1-2 hours. Seem to be 10 times less absorbent campered to the cheapest disposable nappies. Such a waste of money.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$350.00.

Mirjam

MirjamPerth, WA

Very happy with these nappies

We were using other cloth nappies (more expensive) beforehand and they were leaking all the time, which was really annoying. Then a friend recommended Pea Pods and gave me one to try. We didn't have any leaks even after 4 hours (trying to push for the limit) and I bought a whole stash straight away. Have been using them for the past 6 months. I guess every baby is different and it's trial and error, but Pea Pods are perfect for my baby and I highly recommend them.
I bought the first 11 new and then some more second hand.

Purchased in September 2019 for A$199.50.

Dee

DeePerth, WA

Leaking

Leak after 1.5 hours first time using them with a 6 month old. Followed instructions so no user fault. Very disappointed in the product and feel like it was a waste of money.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$20.00.

Ahop

AhopCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great Nappies

I have been using these on my daughter since she was 12 weeks old and I love them. The only time I get leaks is when I forget a change. They wash and dry like a dream. I use them as snap in so and I really wish that they didnt have the pocket because I dont like the gap at the back, but if thats my only issue, I think I'm doing well.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$200.00.

Find out how Pea Pods compares to other Reusable Nappies

Not perfect but nothing is

Have used these on my 6 month old for about a month. Do get about 1 leak per day from around the legs where the insert seems too wide and bunches up, but was getting *at least* one leak per day with disposables too. Definitely improves after nappies have been through the wash a few times. Has gone 12 hours at night with little leakage, again, similar to or better than she was doing in disposables. Not sure how they will go as she grows, but pretty happy for now. Starter pack comes with loads of nappies but you might want an extra booster or two.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$399.00.

Do not buy this product

I purchased a huge $300 starter set of these nappies. I put them in the wash so I could use them. I found about 20 press studs that had come off during the load. They literally fell apart. Terrible quality

Purchased for A$300.00.

Bagelmama

BagelmamaPerth, WA

Love the insert

The insert is probably one of the best in the market. I found the adjuster slightly difficult to maneuver in order to get a good fit for my child. I would say this is sized slightly on the small side but is a very good make, otherwise.

Purchased in April 2014 for A$25.00.

Prab

PrabVictoria Park

Waste of money

These nappies are too bulky for my 9 week old baby and leaks all the time. Does not last 1.5hrs. I bought a starter pack for $150. What a waste of money.

Purchased for A$150.00.

Na W

Na WMelbourne

Buttons broken and weird customer service

Nappies are good but some buttons are broken and came off after one wash. I guess its not very safe for babies cus the small objects. Contacted customer service and took them ages to get back to me, and they wanted me to post the used nappie back to them to repair it. Its very weird that they want the dirty nappie back. Very strange. Personally I think the one-sized ones are a bit too big for newborns, so I waited until 6 month. You do need to change it more often to avoid leakage, its made by cloth after all.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$400.00.