Made my Maltipoo very sick.

Tried these twice. Both times ended with vomiting, and yellow diarrhea. Threw them in the trash. These should be removed from the market. Maybe a class action lawsuit is in order.

Side Effects Yes

Something is wrong with dentastix

Purchased recently (September or October)at Costco as a three flavor pack. The original flavor twice now have given my dog diarrhea. I wasnt sure what caused it first time but was suspicious of dentastix. This time I was able to pinpoint it. Must be contaminated because we have given him dentastix for over a year with no problems. Not giving him pedigree products anymore.

Purchased in September 2019 at Costco.

My dog is sick

My dog started vomiting and now has loose bloody stool, the only change has been giving her these Dentastixs, which I will now stop. I hope these Dentastixs didn't hurt my dog but seems to be the cause.

Purchased in October 2019.

Michelle

I purchased these in October 2019 , I'm not sure why it put September when it's October. I am sad that my dog is now sick because they trust what we give them and I trusted this product to be safe but never again.

Kylie D.

Kylie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Use These!

These have made our old little female dog so sick with yellow diarrhoea. We thought she had kidney failure!!! Do not use them. They are basically poison to dogs. So angry and disappointed in the Pedigree company.

Purchased in November 2019.

Annie

AnnieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pedigree dentastix causes poisoning

My six month old big puppy became very ill vomiting and diarrhea after eating pedigree dentastix...Have heard that this is a common problem with this brand.. Should be taken off the market..If you have them ,bin them..

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $12.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Cruiser

CruiserREEDY CREEK

Disappointing defective DENTATIX

I have given daily DENTATIX to my two labs, over the last two months we are getting some defective....really looks like they have been attacked by rodents before packaging! Tried email company , but no reply!

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Nessa J.

Nessa J.Canberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely Shocking

My little jack Russell puppy and older dog are SO SICK from these dentastix. They have been having dentastix for a while with liquid stools sometimes even blood appearing!!! I never noticed the correlation until other family members had the same issue once having tried pedigree dentastix. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED IN THIS BRAND. This should be reported on ACA. Its sickening that after all of these reports, pedigree is still making money off causing these poor dogs to be Ill.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $20.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Dentastix causing diarrhea!

My dog loved the taste, but she had diarrhea shortly afterward. I didnt immediately make the connection, but put her on a rice/small amount of dry food only. After several days off of Dentastix, I gave her one before bed, and within hours the diarrhea was back! She had to be let out every couple of hours. I will immediate throw these out.

Purchased in October 2019 at Costco.

Emma

Emma

Dog loves but doesn't clean teeth

My mixed breed dog loves to eat these, however it is eaten within 1 minute and doesn't clean his teeth. You see absolutely no difference in dental health even with consecutive use.

0 stars If possible

My large dog loves eating these treats, but she will eat most things. After a couple of days of the bacon flavor treats she has explosive, bloody, liquid diarrhea. She can’t even make it to the door sometimes! It’s so sad. We are on day 4 and heading to the vet tonight because it’s taking a toll on her and she’s very lethargic, not herself :(

Purchased in August 2019.

Made my 10 month old Lab puppy very ill

Gave all 3 of my Labs the Dentastixs. The boys were fine, my baby is very ill. Diarrhea for the last 48 hours. And not wanting to eat,that’s a problem for a Lab.

Purchased in August 2019 for $3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

My little Dog is now on its death Bed

We prey the Vet at Bristol can help Her. We are now sure that Dentasticks have considerably caused or contributed to Pancreatitus, so Far our Vet bills are around £3000 and rising, money isn't the issue, here we have almost killed here with love giving her a stick a day sometimes 2 as a treat. What a treat I will never forgive myself for these actions.

Purchased in April 2019 for $2.00.

Lexi

LexiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suddenly a Very sick dog

My mini schnauzer has eaten these for years. But for the last month has been violently sick and messed every night. Last night no chew.. No mess. Speaks for itself.

Made my dog sick

I have given these to my pups in the past but now their stomachs are upset bad with bloody diarrhea and the smell of the product is bad. Bought at Costco. Don't buy. Stick with carrots and vet dental checkups.

Purchased in July 2019 for $30.00.

Smell
Side Effects Yes

Made my dog vomit

My very healthy dog became extremely unwell after eating this product, vomiting and drooling. The vet gave him an anti nausea injection, and said not to feed the DentaStix to him again. He recovered thankfully and I threw the pack out.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

Staffy mum

Staffy mumMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Made dog have bloody stools

My dogs have been eating them for years. Dog got runs with blood in it. She refused to eat them. Makes me wonder if they have changed formula. She has been fine since not eating them.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $30.00.

Amy

AmyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My boy absolutely loves them!

Been giving these to my 6yr old boy for years everyday and they have never given him an upset belly or made him ill in the whole time he's had them

Side Effects No

Gave all 4 of my dogs diarrhea and vomiting, I will sue them if any thing happens to my dogs

Yes they liked them, yes terrible reaction, please don’t buy these for your dogs, it makes them sick with diarrhea and vomiting, my poor babies, I will sue purina if I have too.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $12.00.

Puddles of drool

My dog loves the Dentastix but when I gave him one, he would drool puddles and seemed anxious or uncomfortable, as if he had nausea. I stopped giving him Dentastix and he no longer drools excessively.

Purchased in June 2019.

Made my puppy ill

I bought a box of the green dentastix for my 6month old puppy and he was vomiting what looked like green pebbles, I looked closely and I worked out what it was, I thought maybe they didn't agree with him but normally he would just get diarrhoea not vomit, it wasn't until I looked online and found this page that I realised I wasn't the only one with a poorly dog! Don't touch them! My pup won't even eat his food now, hopefully he won't need to go to the vets for anything! Sorry in advance if the image upsets anyone, I just want people to see what it does!

Purchased in June 2019 for $5.00.

See all Pedigree Dental Dog Treats reviews

Adriana

Adrianaasked

My 20 mth old Retriever has cancer we are trying to eliminate carbs from his diet. Can you please advise the carb content

Mimi

Mimiasked

Have these pedigree representatives actually read any of these reviews??? Can't they see that they are obviously giving dogs vomiting and diarrhea?? I can't believe after all these bad reviews that they have the gall to tell reviewer mike that there were no other reports of issues. What do they want from us a stat. Dec???

Darren
Darren

Hi Mimi, our small dog has pacreatitis and until the latest scary round, we couldn't work out what the trigger was. Turns out, the dentastix we were giving him was the most likely cause. He is on a low fat and prebiotic powder and we no longer gibe him dentastix.

Michelle

Yes, exactly, please don't feed your dog these, my dog is sick from them. Vomiting and bloody stool.

jillwarneckebb

jillwarneckebbasked

My 4 cavaliers stole 5 packets of 7 denta sticks today, how dangerous is this????

Get an answer from our members and Pedigree representatives