My little Dog is now on its death Bed

We prey the Vet at Bristol can help Her. We are now sure that Dentasticks have considerably caused or contributed to Pancreatitus, so Far our Vet bills are around £3000 and rising, money isn't the issue, here we have almost killed here with love giving her a stick a day sometimes 2 as a treat. What a treat I will never forgive myself for these actions.

Purchased in April 2019 for $2.00.

Suddenly a Very sick dog

My mini schnauzer has eaten these for years. But for the last month has been violently sick and messed every night. Last night no chew.. No mess. Speaks for itself.

Made my dog sick

I have given these to my pups in the past but now their stomachs are upset bad with bloody diarrhea and the smell of the product is bad. Bought at Costco. Don't buy. Stick with carrots and vet dental checkups.

Purchased in July 2019 for $30.00.

Smell
Side Effects Yes

Made my dog vomit

My very healthy dog became extremely unwell after eating this product, vomiting and drooling. The vet gave him an anti nausea injection, and said not to feed the DentaStix to him again. He recovered thankfully and I threw the pack out.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

Side Effects Yes

Made dog have bloody stools

My dogs have been eating them for years. Dog got runs with blood in it. She refused to eat them. Makes me wonder if they have changed formula. She has been fine since not eating them.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $30.00.

Side Effects Yes

My boy absolutely loves them!

Been giving these to my 6yr old boy for years everyday and they have never given him an upset belly or made him ill in the whole time he's had them

Side Effects No

Gave all 4 of my dogs diarrhea and vomiting, I will sue them if any thing happens to my dogs

Yes they liked them, yes terrible reaction, please don’t buy these for your dogs, it makes them sick with diarrhea and vomiting, my poor babies, I will sue purina if I have too.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $12.00.

Puddles of drool

My dog loves the Dentastix but when I gave him one, he would drool puddles and seemed anxious or uncomfortable, as if he had nausea. I stopped giving him Dentastix and he no longer drools excessively.

Purchased in June 2019.

Made my puppy ill

I bought a box of the green dentastix for my 6month old puppy and he was vomiting what looked like green pebbles, I looked closely and I worked out what it was, I thought maybe they didn't agree with him but normally he would just get diarrhoea not vomit, it wasn't until I looked online and found this page that I realised I wasn't the only one with a poorly dog! Don't touch them! My pup won't even eat his food now, hopefully he won't need to go to the vets for anything! Sorry in advance if the image upsets anyone, I just want people to see what it does!

Purchased in June 2019 for $5.00.

Made my Dog Vomit

I sadly gave my dog her first dental stick, which resulted in her vomiting several hrs later. Took her 4 days to recover from this. I'll never feed her this again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Cautious 5 stars

I've been giving my dog dentastix for years. He loves them and he always gets remarks from the vet on the quality of his teeth. I buy in bulk though so I've only just run out of the old kind. I'm now really apprehensive to buy more. Not sure I even want to try.

Purchased in September 2018.

Nope, never again

I bought Pedigree Dental for my 5 dogs. Within 24 hours, 2 of my 5 dogs have developed diarrhea. I threw the entire box out. Now both of my dogs are on meds and bland diets until their belly settles down. The vet agreed that the dental chews caused the flare up. He suggested never buy over the counter dental chews for your dog. Never again will I risk my dog's health buying dental chews of any brand. Only vet cleanings in the future.

Purchased in May 2019 for $14.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Very bad product

Very bad product, the bad reviews are true. Made my puppy sick, can’t even be bothered going into detail, ridiculous they even put this on the shelves, definitely understand why they are cheap and we’re on special, just don’t purchase it, go for greenies as a dental treat(only).

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Beware New formula

Our Border Collie that had ZERO health issues and used to love Dentastix bur earlier this year we got the new "improved formula". Within 45 minutes of consumption she was vomiting which got worse during the afternoon. Vet visit and Injection to stop vomiting. Late that night and next morning explosive diarreah and more vomiting and super lethargic. Never seen our dog looks so bad > Back to vet again . Contacted manufacturer who we sent a sample to. 4 months later get a letter stating that they have had no other reports of issues and investigation showed no relatable cause.

Purchased in February 2019.

My dog loves this!

My dog looks forward to his treat everday, the new packaging and ingrediant formulation is better. It is lower in fat and good ratio of protein and good for weight concious dogs. I stock up in boxes when they go on special for $12.00 in large breed.

Purchased in April 2019 for $12.00.

RE-CALL the Product--

I don't know if the formula has changed but I have been using the DentalStix for some time now, my dog does like them but something has definitely changed. It was only that I was actually looking for something else that I stumbled across these reviews which ticked a lot of the boxes for the symptoms I was seeing. My dog went off her food, there was the vomiting and then the stomach cramps. The stomach cramps were the un-explainable until now. My dog could be just lying down then would yelp for no apparent reason, I was thinking insect bite or something, but happened about three/four times. The dog has been off the Stix for a about 4 days and is returning to normal. Three boxes of these as per the image attached will be going in the bin.. Wouldn't advise you use the product as it could be detrimental to you pet. Further to this I DO NOT trust any PEDIGREE products now.

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Side Effects Yes

Taking my dogs off dentastix as of tomorrow

I’ve given these to my 14 year old Jack Russell who has a heart condition and my tiny 3kg Chihuahua. I’m in Australia so we’re still on the old formula and both my dogs love them. Sorry Pedigree but I just can’t take the risk. My Jack Russell was given 3-4 days to live 5 weeks ago. I’m not willing to lose her one day earlier than I have to. Pedigree, you need to say something and more importantly DO something about the reactions these poor dogs have had from the ‘improved’ formula. You’re not just making dogs sick, you’re breaking peoples hearts.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA.

Side Effects No

How is this allowed to be sold

Started giving this product to my dog. And every time he has 1 within a couple of hours he starts to vomit and get diarrhoea. I don’t know how these meet any animal health standards and I don’t understand how they can still be sold in our stores. Not impressed

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes

My dog’s teeth are great

My dog Crank has been getting a dentastix everyday for 11 years he has never had an upset stomach and has beautiful healthy teeth along with a healthy shiny coat

Purchased in January 2019.

Side Effects No

Sudden runs and stomach cramping

Was advised by our vet to feed our dog the next size up. Did so and it's resulted in a bad case of the runs and obvious discomfort. Now withdrawn them all together and things are back to normal

Purchased in January 2019.

See all Pedigree Dental Dog Treats reviews