1.7

My dog diarrhea and vomit after having Dentastix

We gave Dentastix to our dog and he diarrhea and vomit yellow stuff.
it happened 2 weeks ago and we thought it was due to the beef neck we gave him. Yesterday we gave him Dentastix again, this time without beef neck, and last night he started to diarrhea again. This morning he even vomited with yellow stuff.

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$12.00.

Side Effects Yes

Dog got very sick and had seizure

Gave our 10 lb Chihuahua one and within an hour he started vomiting and having seizures. So far our other dogs that are bigger have not gotten sick, we will be throwing the rest of the package away.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$5.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Made Dog Sick

We usually get these from Petsmart, but saw a good deal at Costco so we bought the value 3-pack. I noticed they were a little drier than normal, but didn’t think anything of it. My dog had really bad diarrhea as a response. After a vet visit and multiple episodes of diarrhea, I finally figured out it was these dentastix.

Purchased at Costco.

Awful

2 healthy dogs-both with severe Explosive diarrhea issues from dentastix purchased at Costco. 1st time user-last time user. Gotta go clean up the mess AGAIN! Thanks dentastix for another no night sleep.

Purchased in August 2020 at Costco.

Tayla Williams

Tayla WilliamsSydney, NSW

DO NOT BUY - MAKES MY DOG SICK

My dog used to have DentaStix all the time but over the past few years every time he has one it makes him incredibly sick. He hadn’t had them for a few months and I found a pack (still in use by date) as I was moving yesterday. Gave him one and sure enough 4am he was up vomiting again. These treats should be taken off the market looking at how many people’s poor dogs are sick from it.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$25.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes

Do not buy, do not give these to your dogs

I purchased a big box of these from Costco on Tuesday, I have a 13 year old Boxer and a 21 week Doberman puppy. I gave them both 2 sticks between Tuesday and Wednesday now both have very smelly diarrhea and puking, everything started on Thursday and it's Saturday morning and it is still going on. I made both dogs a white rice bowl, added their regular food and cooked two eggs for them (no butter, just place your eggs in a bowl and place them in a microwave). Im taking this crap back to Costco for a refund, ill be contacting the company, if there is a class action lawsuit count us in. I will never buy these again.

Purchased in August 2020 at Costco for A$21.00.

parade6010

parade6010Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Made my dog sick

Purchased in August 2020 for A$12.00.

Would rate less than 1 star if I could

Dog has been vomiting yellow bile often and we realized it was always happening the same day as he was given dentastix. Wish I caught this earlier so he wouldn't have had to go through all of that.

Never buy again!

We bought the dentastix at Costco on 7/21 in a big pack of three, we thought dang this is a good deal and we have never tried them out before. After a day we realized both our dogs under the age of 1 had terrible diarrhea and no appetite. We figured that they just got into something they shouldn’t have and thought nothing of it but the next few days it continued to happen. So yesterday I stopped giving them it and today they are perfectly fine and having proper bowel movements.

Purchased in July 2020 at Costco for A$17.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Made my dog very sick!

I noticed after I started giving my Yorkie DentaStix he started vomiting and getting Diarrhea!!! He couldn't eat enough grass. He slept a lot during the day but then had us up during the night needing to go outside cause he didn't feel well. Poor thing!! My husband and I put it together that it's the Dentastix. Stopped giving him Dentastix daily. It took a couple of days but he came out of it!!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Target for A$16.99.

Side Effects No

Dangerous Dentastix !!!! Do not feed this product to your dogs.

Purchased in June 2020 at Coles for A$25.00.

Maggy

MaggySouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible side effects

Wouldn't let me put zero star rating I bought a box of 12 for my 4 dogs and they seem to like them. Noticed one of my dogs after the last week kept licking her nose constantly and couldn't think what was causing it. Last night I gave them one and the same dog kept crying and pacing the floor. I let her out and she couldn't eat enough grass. Obviously she wasn't feeling good and made herself throw up. Thank goodness she seems okay today. Please don't buy these

Purchased in June 2020.

Horrible! Just horrible!

Purchased in June 2020 at Costco for A$19.99.

Side Effects Yes

My dog starts having diarhea after eating this!!! Please dont sell this!!!

My dog starts having diarrhea!!!!! Please dont dare try it!! My dog is pooping wer poops and had a bad tummy!!! Please dont sell this! So misleading. Im after the brand because I thought this is a good one but not!!

Purchased in June 2020 at 7-Eleven for A$1.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Made my dog sick

I gave my dog one of these while supervised and while he did enjoy the “treat” about 4 hours later he had bad diarrhea with blood in it. This lasted about 24 hours. Won’t buy again.

Liana

LianaAU

Sick Dogs

My dogs are both 10yrs old and have eaten Dentastix without any problem for years.
Over the last couple of months they have both suffered from diarrhoea, the same colour as the Dentastix and vomiting.
I sent an email to the company today with the batch numbers to alert them of the problem and I encourage everyone else to do the same. This isn’t right and they need to know what their product is doing to our precious pets.
I notice the product is made in Hungary but the automated email reply I received was from South Africa???

Pet's Life StageSenior
Side Effects Yes

Made my dogs really poorly

These sticks are not long enough my gsd dog nearly choked, he swallowed the stick whole when I gave it to him as gsd can have long noses. My other gsd went down quite poorly laid down looking sorry for himself, he later started scratching which he never does, went off his food and then had loose motion. I tried them again to make sure and got the same results. I will NEVER give my dogs these stix again. I stopped the stix it's been 2 days now and my dog is back to normal no scratching at all, very rare my dogs scratch. Also a dog could choke on them. I am going to give my dogs a marrow bone, much healthier no additives etc; Goodness knows what goes into these stix but I will not be buying them anymore for my dogs.

Purchased in March 2020.

These Caused Diarrhea for Days in my Little Dog

My sister gives these to her do with no problems, but my dog ate one and had liquid diarrhea for three days after it. She had to sleep a lot because the stomach upset took so much out of her.

Don’t buy! Almost killed my little dogs.

Both of my chihuahuas have became very sick after eating these treats. We’ve spent at least 3000.00 at the vet to make sure that he survived. His liver and kidneys were shutting down and now my other dog is having bloody stool and won’t eat.

Purchased in May 2020.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
sb07

sb07DEVONPORT

Very sick dog

My partner and I gave these to our healthy staffy and he started vomiting and also had revolting diarrhoea he lost a lot of weight, we stopped giving them to him and he has returned to normal, don’t give them to your dog, I will put up with doggie breath just to have a healthy dog

See all Pedigree Dental Dog Treats reviews