Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Pedigree Dental Dog Treats DentaStix Small Dogs

Kylie D.

Kylie D.South East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Use These!

These have made our old little female dog so sick with yellow diarrhoea. We thought she had kidney failure!!! Do not use them. They are basically poison to dogs. So angry and disappointed in the Pedigree company.

Purchased in November 2019.

Pet's Life StageSenior

Nessa J.

Nessa J.Canberra 2600, ACT

Absolutely Shocking

My little jack Russell puppy and older dog are SO SICK from these dentastix. They have been having dentastix for a while with liquid stools sometimes even blood appearing!!! I never noticed the correlation until other family members had the same issue once having tried pedigree dentastix. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED IN THIS BRAND. This should be reported on ACA. Its sickening that after all of these reports, pedigree is still making money off causing these poor dogs to be Ill.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $20.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

My little Dog is now on its death Bed

We prey the Vet at Bristol can help Her. We are now sure that Dentasticks have considerably caused or contributed to Pancreatitus, so Far our Vet bills are around £3000 and rising, money isn't the issue, here we have almost killed here with love giving her a stick a day sometimes 2 as a treat. What a treat I will never forgive myself for these actions.

Purchased in April 2019 for $2.00.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Simone

SimoneVictoria

Very bad product

Very bad product, the bad reviews are true. Made my puppy sick, can’t even be bothered going into detail, ridiculous they even put this on the shelves, definitely understand why they are cheap and we’re on special, just don’t purchase it, go for greenies as a dental treat(only).

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Sudden runs and stomach cramping

Was advised by our vet to feed our dog the next size up. Did so and it's resulted in a bad case of the runs and obvious discomfort. Now withdrawn them all together and things are back to normal

Purchased in January 2019.

Pet's Life StageSenior

Sudden diarrhea

Thank goodness for this forum otherwise I would be stressing myself out trying to figure out what's going on (or tons of money at the vet). My dog developed sudden, explosive diarrhea overnight (no other symptoms; still strong appetite with lots of energy), and the only change to his diet was the Dentastix. I put two and two together and stumbled across this forum and see others had similar experiences. I tossed these immediately after reading the reviews. My dog seems to be slowly improving after taking the Dentastix away. Funny thing, my dog consumed these in the past with no symptoms; so, I agree with others that the formula probably changed.

Diarrhea

My small dog used to love these. She would get two as her snack at night. She started with diarrhea and ended up with Colitis. I stopped the treats because I had her on a restricted diet to clear up her Colitis. Last night since was back to normal I gave her the Dentastix treats. Bam, this morning she has diarrhea AGAIN. Never giving these to her again.

A waste of $

My dog just carried these around in his mouth whining. Never attempted to chew. Finally just spit out. Very disappointing!

Sick

i gave my dog these treats and she was throwing up all night and then she had Diarrhea it was terrible nothing changed in her diet she only became sick after feeding her this product she was miserable all day

EFW

EFWLockport

Change of ingredients?

We have 3 dogs, 2 get these and 1 doesn't. Other than denta styx they eat exactly the same diet and treats. Recently the 2 that get denta styx have developed hot spots, constant itching and all the symptoms of an adverse reaction. Something must have changed in the ingredients and we will never give them to our dogs again.

Love them

My two Maltese / shitzu love these things they have a look forward attitude every time we give them one keep their teeth nice and clean the vets have even commented on how clean they are.

No good

Used to give these to my dog regularly. Never had any problems with them and my dog loved them. I'm not sure if they changed the recipe but had to stop giving them to him because everytime he head one he ended up vomiting about 5 minutes later. Won't but these anymore and don't recommend them either.

Pedigree
Ken LokPedigree

emy_young

emy_youngBrisbane

Do not buy

The product makes my dog sick. Each time she has had on she ends up vomiting within hours. I would avoid at all cost.

Pedigree
Ken LokPedigree

Zoe

ZoeAdelaide

Gets the dog running to me

My dog loves these so much, if she's outside and won't come in all I say is denta stud and she comes running, but due to the price I've rarely buy them now and have also cut them in half and only give my dog half maybe once a week so they it does last then.

Diarrhea

I had my daughter dog sit for me. My dog started getting horrible diarrhea. He was given these dentastix by my exhusband, thinking he, was giving the dog a treat. Do not give these to your dog.

Nik96

Nik96Stony Point

Cleaning vomit for 2 days

I don't know what motivated me to by anything made by Pedigree. I know better. We buy nothing from Purina or Pedigree. But I did. I bought the Dentastix. I gave about 4 of the stix over a two day period. On the evening of the second day my dog vomited all through the house. And refused food for two days. My Vet found nothing wrong except what he felt was a mild case of food poisoning. The pedigree dentistix went where all Pedigree and Purina products should go ... in the garbage. I apologized to my dog for my thoughtlessness.

catcrazy

catcrazyvictoria, 3464

great treat

our corgis love these and have cleaned their teeth up really well and both dogs love them so much. Every morning they are so excited to get their dentastix

Devastating product results

VINPOLL

VINPOLLAdelaide

rip off !!!!

although dogs seem to love this product i find them so unfair if you have a small dog, as the large dog gets 7 sticks weight is 270 grams, the medium dog gets 7 sticks weight is 180 grams, the small dogs gets 7 sticks weight is 110 grams and they are all the same price, i have wrote to this company to say the smaller dog should get more sticks and it should go by weight and their response was just because its smaller does'nt mean it cost less to manufacture, so all you people with the smaller dogs do what i do and buy the large dog packet and cut them in half then you will get 14 sticks which is what the smaller dog should get..lift your game pedigree

tiggy234

tiggy234AU

Dentastix

We have a small dog and raw bones are to large. He does have raw chicken necks in the morning and biscuits from the vet in the afternoon, but he still has tarta, not a lot but still a concern when the vet wants $359 to clean his teeth. Anyway bought dentastix for small dogs. He has had 1 a day for 6 days, there is not a sign of tarta on his teeth now and the redness around his gums is going down. Having said that I am very concerned about the bad reviews. I think I will cut the stick into 3 and give him 1/3 once a week. have had no negative side effects so far.
Has anyone any info on FANGERS Dental Sticks - Veggie ? Australian company, trying to find out ingredients and if any one has had any negative effects.

See all Pedigree Dental Dog Treats reviews