Peoplecare Health Insurance

See the Best Health Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Peoplecare Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)
Honesty
HonestyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent health insurance

I've been with Peoplecare for a few years now. They are one of the best companies that I have ever dealt with. Their rates are exceptionally good, Aussie call centre with very helpful staff, payments made quickly. Can't fault them at all.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi there! Thanks for the fab review, we love hearing feedback like this from our members. I'll make sure to pass it on to the team, they'll be chuffed :)

Take care - Monique @ Peoplecare

Diane
DianeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Recorded message on call waiting

The policy is relatively good value but while waiting to speak to someone, I kept hearing a message “... that means we treat you as a person not a number”. Simply by repeating this message every 60 seconds, Peoplecare is treating the caller as a number not a name - the direct OPPOSITE to what they profess as their treatment of members and potential members.

Annush
AnnushGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Open Letter to CEO Dr.Melinda Williams

To CEO Dr.Melinda Williams,

All my attempts were in vain to solving my issues:
. Peoplecare Insurance fee during pandemic crisis and inability to use any services for many months.
."Loyal customer" meaning for Peoplecare Insurance during pandemic crisis.
. The help to Seniors and Vulnerable customer during pandemic crisis by Peoplecare Insurance.
. Effective communication Peoplecare Insurance during pandemic crisis.

KInd regards,
member No223146

YY OZ
YY OZ

After being a member for Nine years and what help do you get ZERO

Find out how Peoplecare Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Would not recommend Peoplecare to anyone based on my experiences

EO1Melbourne

Very disappointed

I have been with peoplecare for 33 coming to 34 years. I now have my child and husband with peoplecare. My policy payments are directed debit so payment is always made. Recently, my child has required an item that costs $1500. However upon calling peoplecare and going through nearly a week process of providing documents we were rejected for more help. Only being able to claim $200. After research and speaking to other companies, they offer more in return and willing to waive my waiting periods. Loyal members do not get looked after. Doesn’t matter if you’re 3 years or 30. They will put you through a process to be rejected in the end. You pay for insurance to get close to nothing in return. Poor effort Peoplecare.

EO1

It’s not a special benefit if health aids are already covered on my policy.......

EO1

It’s funny you write special benefits when my policy already has health aids of $200. I can screenshot this and post it here for you?

paulTownsville

Misleading

I have been a member with Peoplecare since 2011
I pay $341 a month I am a loyal member
I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and needed an urgent operation
I contacted Peoplecare directly and quoted them item numbers to confirm I was covered for these procedures.
I thought I would have peace of mind with Peoplecare that they will take care of my expenses, I had prepaid $5392 in surgical and hospital fees.
What did I get back from Peoplecare $322
I am very disapointed

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Ambulance Cover & Insurance in Australia

Many people mistakenly believe that the cost of an emergency ambulance call out is covered by Medicare, but unfortunately it's not. State governments in QLD and TAS will pick up the bill, but what about the rest of Australia?

ambulance-cover-insurance-in-australia
Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
Marika SilwedelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great company

Been with CUA healthcare for 2 years now.
They've been excellent.
Great customer service.
Quick to get back to you and super fast at reimbursing when claiming.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Marika! Are you a Peoplecare member or with CUA? It looks like you’ve reviewed the Peoplecare page by accident - oops. But thanks for the 5 star review! ;) Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

Marika Silwedel

I am a member, I wrote Cua as opposed to peoplecare

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health InsuranceSend a private message

Oops - our bad, we were just making sure. Well we're glad you're with us, Marika! And thanks for the fabulous review, I'll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team. :) Take care - Brooke @ Peoplecare

BartholemewH
BartholemewHYour Mum's

Good at taking payment and that's about it

Paid my premiums for years without claiming a single item, payment method failed and when I called to rectify and pay up to date they told me my cover had been cancelled and my cover level was discontinued anyway so I would have to sign up and re-start waiting periods. An excellent opportunity to look for an alternative provider.

Lesley
LesleyAU

Raising premiums and less choices now

Even though customer service is generally good and friendly , really disappointed they have raised premiums again and now have cut further choices of hospital cover. They said the intermediate cover may come back with different benefits. The sad part is we have no say in anything about this regardless of your family or individual situation.

Maz
Maz

Always helpful

I love Peoplecare

I have been with Peoplecare since 1967 when it was Lysaghts. I have always found them helpful, polite and ready to listen. In fact they have at times gone above and beyond to help me.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health InsuranceSend a private message

Aww you’re making us blush Ann! Thanks for the kind words, we love to know our members are happy with us. Here’s to many more years to come! Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

ChronicWollongong

Be careful and read fine print for unexpected expenses

Ordinary. Questioned out of pocket expenses over and above excess and I was told how lucky I was that the fund pain $19k in medical costs. We have paid into the fund over 20 years. Please

Doug
DougBrisbane

Excellent Health Insurance Product and Service

I've been a member of Peoplecare (and BHP Industry Fund predecessors) since Jan 1997. The policy has always been competitively priced and the customer service, including refunds, etc, exceptional. Previously I was with Medibank. Chalk and cheese.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health InsuranceSend a private message

Wow Doug - 21 years! We hope you’re with us for many years to come. :) Thanks for the 5 star review and kind words. I’ll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team. Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

JackySouth East Queensland, QLD

Long Term customer - Poor service received Peoplecare are a joke

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Jacky, just letting you know your refund has been organised today. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a lovely Christmas - Anita @ Peoplecare