Listing monitored by Peoplecare Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (1)
Honesty
HonestyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent health insurance

I've been with Peoplecare for a few years now. They are one of the best companies that I have ever dealt with. Their rates are exceptionally good, Aussie call centre with very helpful staff, payments made quickly. Can't fault them at all.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi there! Thanks for the fab review, we love hearing feedback like this from our members. I'll make sure to pass it on to the team, they'll be chuffed :)

Take care - Monique @ Peoplecare

Diane
DianeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Recorded message on call waiting

The policy is relatively good value but while waiting to speak to someone, I kept hearing a message “... that means we treat you as a person not a number”. Simply by repeating this message every 60 seconds, Peoplecare is treating the caller as a number not a name - the direct OPPOSITE to what they profess as their treatment of members and potential members.

Annush
AnnushGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Open Letter to CEO Dr.Melinda Williams

To CEO Dr.Melinda Williams,

All my attempts were in vain to solving my issues:
. Peoplecare Insurance fee during pandemic crisis and inability to use any services for many months.
."Loyal customer" meaning for Peoplecare Insurance during pandemic crisis.
. The help to Seniors and Vulnerable customer during pandemic crisis by Peoplecare Insurance.
. Effective communication Peoplecare Insurance during pandemic crisis.

KInd regards,
member No223146

YY OZ
YY OZ

After being a member for Nine years and what help do you get ZERO

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Would not recommend Peoplecare to anyone based on my experiences

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

Australian Government Rebates & Incentives for Private Health Insurance

Nathan S.7 Feb 2020
australian-government-rebates-incentives-for-private-health-insurance
EO1Melbourne

Very disappointed

I have been with peoplecare for 33 coming to 34 years. I now have my child and husband with peoplecare. My policy payments are directed debit so payment is always made. Recently, my child has required an item that costs $1500. However upon calling peoplecare and going through nearly a week process of providing documents we were rejected for more help. Only being able to claim $200. After research and speaking to other companies, they offer more in return and willing to waive my waiting periods. Loyal members do not get looked after. Doesn’t matter if you’re 3 years or 30. They will put you through a process to be rejected in the end. You pay for insurance to get close to nothing in return. Poor effort Peoplecare.

EO1

It’s not a special benefit if health aids are already covered on my policy.......

EO1

It’s funny you write special benefits when my policy already has health aids of $200. I can screenshot this and post it here for you?

paulTownsville

Misleading

I have been a member with Peoplecare since 2011
I pay $341 a month I am a loyal member
I was diagnosed with kidney cancer and needed an urgent operation
I contacted Peoplecare directly and quoted them item numbers to confirm I was covered for these procedures.
I thought I would have peace of mind with Peoplecare that they will take care of my expenses, I had prepaid $5392 in surgical and hospital fees.
What did I get back from Peoplecare $322
I am very disapointed

Marika SilwedelYarra Glen

Great company

Been with CUA healthcare for 2 years now.
They've been excellent.
Great customer service.
Quick to get back to you and super fast at reimbursing when claiming.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Marika! Are you a Peoplecare member or with CUA? It looks like you’ve reviewed the Peoplecare page by accident - oops. But thanks for the 5 star review! ;) Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

Marika Silwedel

I am a member, I wrote Cua as opposed to peoplecare

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Oops - our bad, we were just making sure. Well we're glad you're with us, Marika! And thanks for the fabulous review, I'll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team. :) Take care - Brooke @ Peoplecare

BartholemewH
BartholemewHYour Mum's

Good at taking payment and that's about it

Paid my premiums for years without claiming a single item, payment method failed and when I called to rectify and pay up to date they told me my cover had been cancelled and my cover level was discontinued anyway so I would have to sign up and re-start waiting periods. An excellent opportunity to look for an alternative provider.

Lesley
LesleyAU

Raising premiums and less choices now

Even though customer service is generally good and friendly , really disappointed they have raised premiums again and now have cut further choices of hospital cover. They said the intermediate cover may come back with different benefits. The sad part is we have no say in anything about this regardless of your family or individual situation.

Maz
Maz

Always helpful

I love Peoplecare

I have been with Peoplecare since 1967 when it was Lysaghts. I have always found them helpful, polite and ready to listen. In fact they have at times gone above and beyond to help me.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Aww you’re making us blush Ann! Thanks for the kind words, we love to know our members are happy with us. Here’s to many more years to come! Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

ChronicWollongong

Be careful and read fine print for unexpected expenses

Ordinary. Questioned out of pocket expenses over and above excess and I was told how lucky I was that the fund pain $19k in medical costs. We have paid into the fund over 20 years. Please

Doug
DougBrisbane

Excellent Health Insurance Product and Service

I've been a member of Peoplecare (and BHP Industry Fund predecessors) since Jan 1997. The policy has always been competitively priced and the customer service, including refunds, etc, exceptional. Previously I was with Medibank. Chalk and cheese.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Wow Doug - 21 years! We hope you’re with us for many years to come. :) Thanks for the 5 star review and kind words. I’ll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the team. Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

JackySouth East Queensland, QLD

Long Term customer - Poor service received Peoplecare are a joke

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Jacky, just letting you know your refund has been organised today. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a lovely Christmas - Anita @ Peoplecare

Chloeasked

If you have had private insurance for years with another company years I mean like 20 years plus do waiting periods apply when joining a new company? Thinking of going with people choice a non for profit company. Im with Medibank and get charged a fortune about $95 a month with 70% back.

EO1

Depends on the company. I know some companies dont make you sit through the waiting periods again however they do ask for your current details and member number etc to double check.

Chloe

True Im certainly not signing up to a new one then having to wait two or three months to use anything and paying for it!

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi Chloe, thanks for getting in touch!

If you're transferring from another fund, Peoplecare will recognise any waiting periods you've already served if you switch to a similar level of cover within 30 days of leaving the other fund. If you'd like more info, please give us a buzz on 1800 808 708 or we can have one of our customer service experts give you a call and answer any questions you have!

Take care Monique @ Peoplecare

Steve
Steveasked

I am considering changing to your fund - I have been fully insured with my current insurer for over 30 years. We ran into an unexpected problem when they refused to cover tests in Emergency before admission. What is the policy at PeopleCare

Michele
Michele

no idea

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Thanks for getting in touch Steve. Sorry for the late response, we only just came across this one. Most funds don’t pay towards tests in emergency as the hospital considers you as an outpatient until you’re actually admitted as a patient. However, the hospital should be upfront with you about this and the fees involved. I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any more questions. If you’d like more info on our available covers PM us your details and I can have one of our Customer Service Experts contact you, or give us a buzz on 1800 808 700. Take care - Brooke @ Peoplecare

JOHN Gasked

Hi what level of care is hip replacement covered...ty john.

Peoplecare H.Peoplecare Health Insurance

Hi John! Thanks for getting in touch. Hip replacements are covered under our Premium Hospital cover as a Private Patient in a Private Hospital. You would then also be covered for rehabilitation after your hospital stay. We’d be happy to chat to you further about this to make sure you have all the info you need before joining such as excess, out of pocket expenses and waiting periods.

Please give us a buzz on 1800 808 700 or private message us your details and a time and date that would suit you best and one of our experts would be happy to give you a buzz. Take care – Brooke @ Peoplecare

0419879381.