Envirosafe Fly Trap

Envirosafe Fly Trap

Pros

• Captures a lot of flies effectively

• Harmless to pets

• Easy to use

Cons

• Disposal can smell

• Pet OwnerYes (9) · No (6)

andrew.barkery
andrew.barkeryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't know whats in the chemical, but after one fly has died in green chemical, a lot more flies will go in and die

Bought it from Bunnings Aust.
Have used it in the past, to very high success.
First, no flies will go in, then one fly goes in, and buzzes, then dies in the liquid.
After it goes to about 10 dead flies, it fills up quite fast.
2 sizes are great to have too.
100/100.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Maxine
MaxinePerth, WA

No proper information on active ingredients

Unfortunately I'm sitting at the emergency vets with my dog who has just eaten a sachet of the bait. The vet and myself are unable to find what the active ingredient is in your product. Because of this we have had to induce vomiting as a precaution. Which could have been avoided if your imformation was readily available. I would expect that if the public isn't privy to this information, then at least medical personnel would be. Very disappointed!

Purchased in September 2020.

MCC
MCCSouth East Queensland, QLD

great product

catches so many flies I have to empty weekly! I was not aware there were so many flies around this year! There was even a cockroach in it this time, YAY! I have one on each side of the house.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $80.00.

Pet OwnerYes

Tom
TomSydney Surrounds, NSW

Death to flies

Can't believe how many flies in the trap after EIGHT days. Love this product. My neighbor has never seen anything like it before and is going to get one for his yard.

Purchased in December 2020.

Infested AreaOutdoors

My tried, tested and proven solution to fly trap problem

My neighbour and i both use the fly trap it works a treat but yes it does smell disgusting as the fly's accumulate ,i have found pouring a little bleach into the the fly container prior to pouring it down the drain ,toilet or in the back garden it will eliminate the stench and the breeding of maggots .As does a dash of bleach to your garbage bins ,awaiting collection if there was no other option of disposing the likes of soiled nappies or seafood scraps . I really hope I have helped any of you out there with these problems.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings for $8.99.

Toni
ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Envirosafe Fly Trap Works a Treat without Harsh Sprays!

My daughter put us onto these a year ago and I must say we are impressed! I hate flies in the house - and am constantly spraying - in fact I was known as FLY SPRAY ANNIE by my family and drove hubby crazy with the constant spraying which aggravated his sinus. Welcome the Envirosafe Fly Trap - two at the back entertainment area and one at the laundry door takes care of most unwanted flies - easy to set up, very cheap to purchase - the only downside is the nasty smell once the container starts to fill, and you are left with disposal issue - but a small price to pay for taking better care of hubby's sinus and the environment I guess! So yes, I keep purchasing these from Bunnings and will recommend to others!

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $6.00.

How to dispose of contents

Catches lots of flys and breeds lots of maggots. Problem is how to dispose of the disgusting stinky mess without creating another breeding source for flys. Tried pouring boiling water into trap, emptying the contents into hole in ground, adding more boiling water then lots of top soil. Next day discovered it to be full of fat maggots - a perfect breeding ground for flys that recreated my fly problem. HELP. How do I effectively and safely dispose of the stinky contents without breeding even more flies?

Purchased in November 2020 for $20.00.

Pet OwnerNo
mz1melbourne

It works but...

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $10.00.

Works great!

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $9.99.

Find out how Envirosafe Fly Trap compares to other Pest Control Products

Finally a flytrap that works!

Just bought it yesterday afternoon and not 24hrs have gone by that it's caught 13 flies. Seriously.
From the reviews, and the already light stench of death...we're anticipating this things will stink up the place but that won't stop us from using it. It's too good!
We did already have to move it to the balcony however, as it's working so well! Flies are literally coming into the house just for it because it's so attractive to them so yeah, just left it out onto the balcony which is great as it'll pull the flies out from inside.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings for $10.00.

Sandra D
Sandra DSouth Australia

A Total Waste of Money

Too hard to find areas to hang and place around the home. I found this product not at all effective to my liking. Cheaper method. 1.25 bottle of soft drink And leave and leave a bit in the bottom with the lid off

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

kBI
kBISydney, NSW

Great product

Catches so many flies. Need to empty every few days but worth it. Been buying it for years for the summer months but noticing that the jar is a weaker plastic which causes it to break.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $10.00.

Newo
NewoVictoria

Excellent for semi-rural areas

Add a raw egg to the water-bait mix and mix well. Recycle the juice when you empty the trap by adding some water, stirring and pouring off gently into another container, compost the flies then add the old juice to the new.

Like any rotting thing keep it away from pets and children. People who allow their animals to get at the bacterial mess will be in for a big vet bill, but seriously great to catch flies.

Don't place it close to your house

Plastic fails after a year in the sun.

Purchased in October 2019 at Home Hardware.

Mac
MacSouth East Queensland, QLD

This really works and works well

Very cheap - 10 bucks with 3 dollar refills seem to last about 3 weeks
Attracts and kills lots of flies quickly
It smells horrible so best place is outdoors near house entries

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $10.00.

Casper
CasperDarwin, NT

Replacement Bottles

Work well, they should sell replacement bottles with caps though. Still have to clean out bottle after emptying, over the smell & can`t eat that much peanut butter.
At $10 plus each they are not a throw away item.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings for $10.00.

Pet OwnerNo

Olly Oleszekasked

I wonder if the formula has changed I’ve used the fly traps in the past with success but lately after three days the liquid turns black and doesn’t attract many flies it doesn’t smell as strong I will be looking for an alternative if this continues as I feel I must wasting time and money

T Rigney
T Rigney

Are you actually using the (Enviro) safe Brand of refills as I once purchased ,I think it was the Buzz Brand Disposable fly trap and found it didn't seem to work as well as the Enviro safe brand . I also pop the lid shut and give a little shake to ensure the liquid is dispersed right up around the neck of the bottle to help attract the flies . Also follow all instructions (EG) use a little hot water to help granules properly dissolve . Hope this helps.

Olly Oleszek

Yes I use enviro safe and as I said it is not performing as well as it used to

Reynold
Reynold

Have to agree with you. Original trap and bait worked extremely well. 3 refill pack was different colour . Caught very few flys. Contacted envirosafe, assured nothing had been changed. But its definitely not working like the original.

Cissy
Cissyasked

How do you prevent the maggots from escaping the trap?

mz1

I either swirl them back down into the mixture, if I'm motivated or just let them escape. What are they going to do? Be eaten by other critters or die.

Jez

Give it a swirl every now and then and make sure the liquid outweighs the flies that are trapped.

Jeff K.
Jeff K.asked

I wonder if the trap actually attracts more flys to my property. It works great and have got rid of thousands of flys but it really stinks and I don’t recommend hanging it close to your house.

Australia’s #1 fly trap system, the EnviroSafe Fly Trap is specially designed to attract and catch a wide range of Aussie flies. Each trap comes with a unique EnviroSafe Eco-Bait – a highly effective, non-toxic bait that is irresistible to flies, attracting them into the trap where there is no escape.

Features

• Uniquely formulated EnviroSafe Eco-Bait
  • Highly effective at catching a broad range of flies
  • Non-toxic
  • Environmentally friendly
  • Harmless to pets
  • Recyclable
  • Effective over an area of 300m2

How to Use

1. Remove the label from the trap.
  2. Empty attractant contents into the trap.
  3. Add approx. half a cup of warm* water. (*not hot)
  4. Swirl to mix.
  5. Place trap in direct sunlight.

What reviewers thought

The product is very effective at catching flies so much so that it has to be emptied every week as it’s full of flies. It can be smelly when emptying, however, and the disposal method can cause problems as it can create a new breeding ground for flies.

CategoryPest Control Products