Peters Classic Vanilla No Added Sugar

Peters Classic Vanilla No Added Sugar

See the Best Ice Creams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Peters? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Abc
AbcGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tastes good but guaranteed major laxative effect

It tastes pretty good. But if you eat half a tub you will be in and out of the bathroom for the rest of the day.

I ate a tub and basically moved into the bathroom for the next 6 hrs. But I wasn't certain it was the ice cream until the next time I had it and experienced the exact same thing. It had a more powerful laxative effect then anything I ever eaten. Not exaggerating when I say it is more of a laxative then actual laxatives I have used. Likely due to the polydextrose.

But if you restrict yourself to a couple of scoops you might be good

Purchased at Coles for $7.50.

Helen S
Helen SGeelong

Sweetened with a known laxative

All these reviews mentioning diarrhea (sp) aren't from people who are in any way unusual or delicate. Sorbitol is a well-known, often prescribed, laxative. Also a well-known sweetener. If you're just tasting this no-sugar-added ice cream in a test kitchen you wouldn't notice the effects, I suppose. The kindest thing I can say about this ice cream is it tastes great and it can make you very very sick from overdosing on laxatives. I will be giving it a wide berth, it's not the answer that it appears to be.

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $7.60.

Brianna
Brianna

So great!

I think most dieters miss ice cream, and that includes me. This tastes like the real thing, and is a great base for adding other things (chopped fruit, sugar free topping, chopped nuts). Tastes great on its own and the texture is perfect. Warning: Don't eat too much at once or you'll spend a night on the toilet! I learnt that the hard way! Lol!

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $7.60.

Sam
SamQueensland

Best for Low Calorie

It tastes awesome for how low calorie it is, plus I'm lactose intolerant and yet it doesn't make me nearly as sick as other ice creams that taste the same

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $7.60.

ken
kenPerth, WA

artificially sweetened icecream

its a great laxative , tastes ok but your probably better off learning to make homemade icecream , youl make it far healthier without artificial sweeteners. one day theyl get it right just not today

Purchased in December 2019 for $8.00.

Amber Russell
Amber RussellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Guaranteed diarrhoea- great for a bowel cleanse.

Sorbitol plus polydextrose- just four teaspoons of this ice cream and my stomach started churning. Thirty minutes later, I was glued to the toilet bowl, seeing food I had only eaten 45 minutes earlier.

Only eat if you want to cleanse your colon or perhaps you’re constipated.

Purchased in July 2019 at Piedimontes for $7.99.

A. Raider
A. RaiderSydney, NSW

Fantastic

Tastes great! I love it!
Very smooth and creamy.
Great low sugar and low carb option so perfect for diabetics.
Would love more low sugar flavours in this range.
Is a bit expensive though.

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $8.00.

Sandra5
Sandra5South East Queensland, QLD

Nice icecream, shame there is little fat in it

I love the sugar free option, but I want the fat. I eat this icecream and I feel hungry still, I do not get that feeling when I eat full fat icecream. Since the 1950s we have all been told fat is bad for us...never was true. Erythritol is a natural sweetener ie sugar alcohol which is a safe option, would prefer to see that than the ones used here.

LOOOVE This!!

I’m on the Keto diet. So I’m on no sugar and very low carb. To Have this amazing low sugar option is such a relief when cravings get bad!! Love love love! Taste exactly the same as the full sugar one!

Find out how Peters Classic Vanilla No Added Sugar compares to other Ice Creams

Finally a sugar free option so good its like original

Please make more flavours this is amazing!
Yummy low carb alternative! Wished more grocery stores stocked this.
Keto / phase 1 atkins compliant! I eat this even when not dieting!!!

great option

awesome tasting super creamy option that is much lighter on calories and sugar. yes it has artifcial sweetners, but anyone with any form of a brain knows all research has proven the safety of them and that there is nothing to fear. a whole tub is barely over 700 calories in total

honestly its hard to tell the difference between it and regular icecream. the only issue is the price, its usually $7 a tub at woolies and coles, where as a regular 2L tub of icecream is about $4

Tigger
TiggerTas

Has artificial sweeteners

I thought all my prayers had been answered and ice cream that was sugar free! This also means the carbs are very low. Sometimes on Keto or a Low Carb diet you'd like to pig out on some ice cream but rarely do you get that chance. I thought that this ice cream would solve that. Turns out this stuff is pretty terrible and should be ignored IF you don't want to put poisons into your body as it contains artificial sweeteners. Those are Sweeteners 955 (sucralose) & 950 (Acesulphame K )..These should be avoided at all costs if on Keto. It'd be great if Peter's looked into sweetening their stuff with Stevia.

Luke V
Luke VAU

Great low sugar ice-cream

Good stuff, I like it because it's low in carbs due to the no added sugar. Tastes pretty close to real ice-cream.

LilacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wonderful!

It's really lovely. However it is twice, the price, or thereabouts, and I don't understand why people with different needs are always extra penalised. It's hardly reasonable. I have also noticed that I lost more weight when I elimated it from my diet regime. Don't understand that one, given the nutrition panel. It Peters monitors in here, perhaps they could answer!

Lilac

Seems they either do not monitor, or don't want to answer the questions.

Debs NLW00453-01
Debs NLW00453-01South East Queensland, QLD

Not suitable for low carbers/lchf

Unfortunately all of the goodness has been removed (natural healthy fats) and has been replaced with some nasties including soy. Be wary.