Peter's of Kensington

Peter's of Kensington

Online store and Physical stores

See the Best Kitchenware Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst customer service and return policy

I got the product 2 days back and have the receipt as a proof of purchase too. I chose the option of click and collect. I didn’t like one of the Delonghi toaster. As it burns the toast even on a medium setting. On asking them to return and get my refund. They said we will send it to the stores and based on their discretion will give solution. They can’t give the refund for sure as per the policy.

I believe the 30 day change of mind policy should entitle the customer for a refund straight away if we have the proof of purchase. I just purchased it couple of days back so why can’t I get refund.

Will never ever shop with Peters of Kensington again. Highly disappointed.

Store LocationBarrangaroo
Warranty Claim MadeYes

Sent a damaged item, twice! No quality control

I received my product damaged, (baby’s stainless steel brush set) the stainless steel was chipped and the brush completely broken. To receive a new item it took an additional 2 weeks after I needed to send an email, repost and wait for new item. The replacement item came also tarnished and broken. At this point the same procedure for returning the item - driving back and forth to post office to collect and return item. Customer service in complaints team were useless, intact the man I spoke to had hinted that the item I had purchased (full priced) perhaps may have been a faulty design, that could be why I had two that were broken. I had questioned why I would still be paying full price for an item they knew would be arriving damaged as it was deemed “manufacturing faulted”. He just said “sorry”. Finally after over a month an a half of back and forth trying to simply purchase an item online I have a brush replacement that isn’t broken. No discount, compensation etc was offered. An absolute joke. No quality control, poor customer service and slow turn around to make good of faulty items. I will never purchase from here again, I would urge you to avoid. Unless you are prepared to wait a month for your convenient online shopping.

Shocking customer service

I have been a customer of Peters of Kensington for 25 years and I have noticed a steady decline. The customer service these days is abominable!!

Online orders have been delivered late and they always blame Australia Post. Fact is they get processed at Peters of Kensington late. Call centre staff are rude and have all the excuses. Had an incident where a product was delivered damaged and it was a nightmare to sort it out.

Suggest you get your act together ! You have just lost a very loyal customer,.

Excellent website

Purchasing from Peters of Kensington online is an absolute dream. I love my house smelling great. I use Peter’s of Kensington to buy candles. The products are amazing. They also have an easy to navigate website. I have not had any problems with delivery either. Thanks Peter’s of Kensington

Gift Registry

Used their website for a gift registry and it was great. Good range of products, easy to add, remove and adjust items. Communication over email was always prompt and clear.

Faulty Kettle, poor customer service @ Birkenhead store

I purchased a KitchenAid Stainless Steel Electric kettle in January 2018 and after three months it began to produce a substantial level of rust.
I contacted the manufacturer via email and sent them photos, and after a couple of weeks they emailed me back and had offered to send a replacement due to its condition. I informed them that I did not want a replacement due to the questionable quality of the first one, and so they informed me that I can return it to PoK.
When I went to return the kettle, I approached the front counter and they had to call another customer service rep from a different department to speak with me.
This customer service rep was extremely rude and condescending towards me. I wasn't even remotely rude or short with her. She told me that I need to have some sort of return approval (RA) number, and that they would need to assess the kettle before they could proceed any further, even though I told her I had already had the issue assessed by the manufacturer. I took a photo in-store of the assessment slip they made along with my original purchase, and surrendered the kettle and paperwork for their 'assessment'.
I had never heard of this process, but I obliged and contacted the manufacturer who also took about two weeks to supply me with the RA number. I then emailed PoK and supplied them with the RA number.

I never heard back from the rep regarding the 'standard process of assessment', and so I made contact via phone about a 1.5 months after I emailed the RA number to the head office of PoK. They told me that someone would call me back later that afternoon, but they never did. One week later, I tried again and received the same stone-walling technique as the first phone call.
I just decided that I had been patient enough, so I wrote them an email informing them that I had called the Department of Fair Trading and lodged a complaint due to their inability to uphold standard warranty claims and refunds due to faulty items.
I received my refund from PoK two days later. Don't waste your time if they are wasting yours. They need to adhere (or be forced to adhere) to their Statutory obligations. Just call Fair Trading or lodge your complaint online on the Fair Trading website. You can always cancel the complaint, but it makes it easier to get your money back.
PoK - worst customer service award goes to you. You will run out of happy customers soon enough.

Store LocationBirkenhead Point
Warranty Claim MadeYes

Great customer service great prices Barangaroo store

Donna wrapped my mother's day gifts so beautifully. She gave them a million dollar looks. Great prices on-line and excellent customer service by Donna every time. Highly recommend the store to friends and family.

Store LocationBarangaroo

Gorgeous cushions, excellent price

I was looking for specific cushions online, found what I wanted in another store but they were $132 each. At Peters of Kensington the exact same cushion was $47. I placed my order on a Friday and had received it by Tuesday in Perth. That's how online shopping should be.......a website that's easy to navigate, products that are exactly as described and are shipped quickly, arriving in a timely manner. This wasn't my first time buying from Peters of Kensington and it won't be my last.

Store LocationOnline

Fantastic to deal with

Wow best company I have every dealt with order sent with in one day in a bright pink box well packaged every time. I have always been charged standard shipping but they have always upgraded me to express postage. I don't know how they do it. 100% recommend this company prices are unreal.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Amazing service, even more amazing delivery!

Ordered a suitcase on Sunday and had it arrive Monday morning, 6 hours west of Sydney! Excellent Antler Suitcase (our second from Peters) and very professionally packaged. Thank you Peters!

Homewares and gifts

The website is easy to use, searching is easy.
Heaps of products from small gifts to top range kitchen appliances.
I cant keep away.

Disgusting behaviour from manager

I purchased several candles.
I needed to return a scented candle that did not scent my room when burning.
I had spoken at great length with the shop assistant stating my requirements.
When I returned to the store I was treated with contempt and aggression.
I was accused of being a liar by the dispicably rude and store manager who repeatedly told me that he didn't believe me!!!
What an disgrace of a person who has no business dealing with customers.
I will not return here - outrageous and utterly offensive behaviour.

Good customer service. Products arrived in good shape BUT

The products have always arrived in good shape. I have had no issues with the customer service. Have purchased some great specials. Was disappointed by the boxing day sales...little that was really significantly reduced. Christmas decorations full price etc ...Also it seams that in the past few years there is less on offer...sales not as good...stuff being advertised in the clearance section that has been there for a couple of years at least!

No customer service

Today I made a special trip to Peter's of Kensington at Birkenhead Point.
I purchase several items with the intention of coming back later to buy some candles for gifts.
I changed my mind after being serve by the gentlemen at the register no hello, no eye contact, no please or thank you. The last contact customers have with your store is generally the person at the register and what is remembered.

Lalay Beach Towels are not towels at all, they are thin very fabric, and should have been described

I received an email advertising Lalay Beach Towels. The item was was described as a towel, when in fact it is very thin fabric like a tea-towel. Not in any way is it a soft and fluffy "beach towel" suitable for drying ones self on the beach. I feel taken advantage of, and embarrassed because I told friends to check them out that day.

I shopped online and the goods arrived super fast with tracking noted from packing to dispatch to delivery. The items were exceptionally well packed with no chance of breakages or damage. Great prices and great service.

Poor warranty support

Bought an expensive Dualit Toaster , placed it beside the kettle where our old Rowlett toaster of 15 years lived & 2 weeks later noticed spots on the paint. Contacted the agent & POK & were told we must of sprayed cleaning product on it (surprise.. it's in the kitchen).. The agent made the problem worse by smudging the spots in an effort to clean it... The agent was making jokes about the toaster that has measles & they don't get chicken pox etc. So in the end nothing POK or agent (JR Classic Trend) are prepared to do for us other than tell us it must of been our fault) .. Really poor effort & would of expected better..

Very poor after sales service when wrong item sent

I knew what was required and had bought these items before. Instead of 1 robe and blanket as ordered, 2 robes were sent. When I requested that the blanket be sent as ordered and paid for, they demanded that the robe sent in error be returned FIRST. This required the recipient of a gift to pack it up and send back the item being left with half the gift. I did explain that as a courtesy I was happy to return the unwanted robe, once the correct order was completed. After 3 emails, they refused to change their position. Rather than endure a further wait, I asked the recipient to use the return label that was sent as an attachment by Peters of Kensington. I have previously spent a great deal of money at this store and they know I am not a fraudster, yet they chose to put me through the hoops. Poor choice on their part, they have lost me after this transaction, my friends family and contacts as well.

Horrible customer service

I have been a regular customer with this online website for years now. Things sure become difficult when you need to return a problem product. They transfer me to different customer service team 3 times and the second lady who spoke to me was very rude she didn’t even let me know she was transferring me to another person to speak to! And the third person I spoke to ask me to write email to them describe the problems And the return cost is all on me?! I surely was not happy and Ian never going to purchase from them again!

Exceptional Products and Service

I recently purchased double sided bamboo chopping board. Love it, it's perfect. I use the bamboo side for bread, cheese etc and the plastic for meat. Quick postage, Great Product, Great Price