3.6

3,832 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (98) · No (964)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (513) · Not as advertised (146)

Stevie

StevieSydney, NSW

I would not recommend Freedom unless you’re looking for disappointment and or poor customer service!

We have had a terrible experience with Freedom. Ordered a mattress and base. Mattress delivered ok and no issue with the quality of the product. Original base ordered would not fit so had to reorder a split base. Was advised of delivery date and time- waited at home for 4 hours before I called to find out why it hadn’t been delivered- was told not in stock- WTH!! Arranged alternate delivery date. Promised items on stock. Told deliver between 9-12 but had to call at 12.30 to find out why it wasn’t delivered. Finally arrived at around 1.30 but only one side of the two items delivered- again WTH!!
No body answers the phone at the store! Still not resolved!
Zero out of 10 Freedom - it can’t be that hard surely???

Product AppearanceAs advertised

Long delays and no communication

We placed a large order in August for sofa, bed and bedroom furniture. On our receipt it stated lead times of 1 week up to 6 weeks for the sofa. We are now 12 weeks after placing the order and I had heard nothing from Freedom. I called them today to enquire on our long overdue order to be told to expect delivery late January, so another 8 weeks. 6 weeks has become 20 weeks. I find this unacceptable, particularly the lack of any reasonable explanation for such a long delay. You would think that if you were going to be 14 weeks late of delivering you might reach out to your customer.

Team FreedomFreedom

Hi Greg, thank you for your feedback. Would you be able to provide me with your order details and I can look into this for you.

Regards Stacey - Team Freedom

Breigh

BreighPerth, WA

Poor quality Fabric Hamilton sofa

Have had my Hamilton Lounge for a few months and the fabric is piling
I have lodged a claim awaiting reply
I do not want another one of these as I dont want it happening again wish Id read reviews before purchasing this 3k sofa

Store LocationCockburn WA

Find out how Freedom compares to other Furniture Shops

I wish I'd read these reviews before I went to Freedom to buy a sofa. 3 months later, staff can't locate our purchases.

Store LocationArtarmon
Disgusted customer

Disgusted customer Illawarra, NSW

Disgusting customer service and still no answers to when I’ll get my lounge!!

Store LocationWarrawong
Team FreedomFreedom

Hi There, I am sorry that this has been your experience. Can you please provide your order details so that I can follow up your order?

DON’T BUY FROM HERE

Store LocationFreedom Furniture Moorabbin
Adam

AdamIllawarra, NSW

Order not being delivered

I ordered 2 lounges on 7/7/20 and still haven't had them delivered, [name removed] the manager has been useless in sorting this out, constant lies and pathetic rude customer service, no answer as to what the problem is and no timeframe for when I will get my lounges. Do not buy from freedom and particularly Warrawong!

Store LocationWarrawong
Rachael B

Rachael BMelbourne

Worst customer service company I have ever had to deal with!

Don’t do it.

Don’t waste your money on Freedom furniture. We purchased a Copenhagen couch and the cushions sagged to the side within 12months. We put up with it for a while but it got so uncomfortable that we lodged a warranty claim. The warranty guy came out and told us it’s a soft fill couch and that’s just how it is so we just have to fluff it up on occasion and put up with it. Unfortunately fluffing the cushions does nothing for the sagging foam that makes it feel like you are sitting on a slope. We now sit on the tiled floor instead. For $2500 this is not cool. Do not recommend Freedom sofas to anyone.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney Surrounds, NSW

Staff to busy chatting to each other

Very hard to be noticed in this store. I was ready to purchase after asking some questions. Stood around looking for someone to talk to but two sales staff were to busy talking to each other to bother about customers. Will not try again, there are plenty of other stores to do business with. Pity because I was ready to spend quite a lot of cash.

Store LocationWest Gosford
sami3857

sami3857Sydney, NSW

Disappointed

Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

Joke of a company. Absolute nightmare to deal with

We had purchased a bed and couch from freedom within a year the bed gas lifts had failed and the couch had sunk majorly.

Freedom advised they would have to reaplce the whole bed and it needed to be ordered in. This was in July, its not middle of November the staff never call back when promised and we are no closer to getting an eta and sleeping on a broken bed.

I am never purchasing from freedom again

Store LocationBalgowlah
Team FreedomFreedom

Hi Thomas, Thank you for your feedback regarding our brand. Can you please provide me with your order details and I can look into your order for you. Kindest Regards Stacey - Team Freedom

Kaylene

KaylenePerth, WA

5 Star Customer Service

We visited Freedom Cannington store looking for design ideas for our two living areas. We met the delightful Lydia who was an absolute gem and could not help us enough. She was friendly and engaging with great ideas. After visits to the store and help from their fantastic interior designer who visited our home, we are very happy with our decisions. Now just waiting on some final pieces to arrive and we can then enjoy and relax in our gorgeous living areas.

Store LocationCannington
MGomes

MGomesPerth, WA

Excellent customer service

A courteous, knowledgeable and patient salesperson is the best way to describe Paula at the Freedom store in Osborne Park. She has always been so welcoming and has gone out of her way to address our needs. We have been to this store several times and Paula has never disappointed. Thank you!

Store LocationFreedom Osborne Park, WA

Over and Above

Staff member by the name of Deb went over and above, I haven’t experienced customer service like in a long time. She tracked down the Mandela Door Mat sold out everywhere and organised delivery without a fuss. Really impressed with the product too, looks great in my daughters cubby house.

Store LocationSouth Wharf VIC

Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't order from Southport, use another location. Terrible

Store LocationSouthport
BaK

BaKEvatt 2617, ACT

Excellent customer focus, service and advice

Exceptional service in helping us choose sofas for our home. Peter was friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful with advice on comfort, fit for purpose and suitability for our home environment. He helped us make the right decision. We also very much appreciated David's support. An excellent and highly recommended team. We look forward to enjoying our purchase and returning to Freedom in Fyshwick, ACT. Thank you Peter, David and the team.

Store LocationFyshwick, ACT

AlexPerth, WA

Terrible service, deceiving brand and people

• +16
Alex

One month since the inspection of the sofa...

No progress yet... full of empty promises...

Team FreedomFreedom

Hi Alex, what is your claim number and I will look into this for you. Regards Stacey - Team Freedom

Yana

YanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank you, Anne, for your excellent customer service

Thanks very much to Anne Prezens from the Moorabbin store.

It was only a small purchase of about $150 but I was very impressed how much time Anne spent with me. Anne’s knowledge of the products I was interested in (S-fold curtains and tracks) is impressive as well as her friendliness and willingness to help. Being a very meticulous customer, I am grateful for Anne’s patience.

Thank you very much, Anne, for making my shopping experience a positive one and I am looking forward to my next purchase at your store.

Team FreedomFreedom

Hi Yana, Thank you so much for your feedback regarding Anne from our Moorabbin store. We will be sure to pass your feedback through so that they are recognised for their efforts. Have a lovely day. Kind Regards Stacey - Team Freedom

ChristineSouth East Queensland, QLD

No freedom

Store LocationAspley queensland
Team FreedomFreedom

Hi Christine, Please provide us with your order details and I will be able to look into this for you to make a more informed decision. Kind Regards Stacey

Jason W.

Jason W.asked

QLD, Sunshine Coast

Is this standard across all freedom stores.

I was charged $69 for failed delivery
I was then charged $69 for delivery back to depot
I am told the damage is on me.

**Please note previous owner had a 3 seater leather lounge in the lounge room**

**im also happy with the delivery driver and team, just not the sales staff and being charged for something that hasn’t been completed or approved**

Driver was unable to get the lounge into the lounge room, deemed as unsafe or could damage the lounge and I would have to accept damages if proceeded through front door. I told sales staff the access and also previous owners had the same size lounge in the lounge room.

Apparently the onus is on me to know if the lounge will fit through a standard door way, I told the sales staff the details and they didn’t seem to think it would be a issue, on site I was told if they attempted through the front door and the couch was damaged or the house that it would be my problem.

I made a call to have the driver come back to my place and to see if he could attempt through sliding door, he accessed the area and said he would give it a shot, he made it through no worries but then at the next door he was stuck, and has scraped the hardwood floor.

Freedom has put this back on me saying that I accepted any damages to my house or the lounge, the delivery was failed and put back onto the truck.

I was charged $69 for failed delivery
I was then charged $69 for delivery back to depot
I am told the damage is on me.

Sally

Sallyasked

Freedom

Made an order a while ago for an item I was told was in stock and the unitrans haven’t even got it on their system. After reading these reviews I’m not going to bother and am just going to go get a refund.

Deb
Deb

Hi Sally
Good on you ! Maybe you might like to spend your money with a store in Cairns that might appreciate & value you ?

I also read the reviews of the last 4 months and I would not spend my money at Cairns Freedom after reading the reviews.

They need a wake up call . My experience yesterday was simply awfull ! I felt ignored & as my review says totally invisible! Even checked my reflection in one of their mirrors to make sure I wasn’t invisible.

Good luck with your refund and it is sad but I would not purchase anything from their store .

Who ever is Managing that store needs to take a long hard look at themselves and their staff .

Alex D.

Alex D.asked

Hi Freedom Furniture,

I bought a couch from your Artarmon store (order # 1070020003613) on July 12th. I was told the order would take 9-11 weeks to arrive. It's now 13 weeks on and I've called twice to ask where my couch is. I'm told that I won't get a call about delivery for up to 3 weeks - up to 16 weeks for a 9-11 week order! I get that COVID makes things harder, but then again I ordered well after COVID started. Plus, I thought the point of the original 3 week delivery window was to account for delays. It would be great if you could get in touch about speeding up my order, or helping out in some other way.

Team FreedomFreedom

Hi Alex, Sorry that it has taken a week to get back to you. We can see that you have now booked in delivery. If you do require anything else please let us know. Kindest Regards Team Freedom

Get an answer from our members and Freedom representatives

Compare all 54 Freedom
CategoryOnline Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedBedroom, Dining, Living, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Living, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Living, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Living, Office and Outdoor
Compare all 54 Freedom