Phil Gilbert

Phil Gilbert

TruthserumSydney, NSW

Avoid unless you enjoy being disrespected and bullied by shonky car dealer

Brand new car fault! Terrible customer service

Simon Gilbert was horrible to deal with. The worst dealership. Good luck to anyone who buys from them- once they have your money they will treat you unfairly.

Go to another Hyundai dealership please :( Dave yourself.

We had a fault with our brand new car which they couldn’t fix...we have contacted ACCC and fair trade!
Bunch of unprofessional people.

Other Car Dealerships
carconnect
carconnect
Jet

JetSydney, NSW

Disgraceful service wrecked my car

Took our i30 in to have the airbag component updated as per the reminder letter and when we returned to get the car we can no longer change gears & all the internal warning lights are constantly on including the break light. Also our car was parked in a laneway at the back of the service centre away from all the other cars. All the service guys could say is we need to pay to get it fixed. Highly coincidental that my car was in good working order and now it can’t be driven after they performed a free service on the air bag?? How can this happen? Appalling service. Don’t ever take your car here - it is a complete rip off by rude and unhelpful staff. We will now be contacting the ACCC

Store LocationPhil Gilbert Croydon

JCasorzo

JCasorzoSydney, NSW

Great professional friendly service and staff

Servicing my car for 3 years here, love how they send you a video and show you under the car and explain everything to you.

Customer and Sale Service, and Communication

I would like to mention here that the Customer and Sale Service, and Communication I received from Phil Gilbert at Croydon is the worst thing I have ever received in my 58 years of life. They DO NOT have the minimum basic curtsey and decency to demonstrate to a customer. They DO NOT know how to respect their own words. They are disgusting and appalling, and their way of dealing with customer invokes aversion. Guys, I am truly sorry that I don't have proper words to express my anger and dissatisfaction about their attitude to their customer.

Ren

RenSydney Surrounds, NSW

No refund even I have not got the goods

I ordered a car parts and paid in full. Within two hours I wanted to cancel it before the parts arrive but they said I could not refund it even the parts have not arrive. They never warn me I could not refund it before I pay. Very bad service! Never go there again. I gave it zero rate.

Andrew C.

Andrew C.Sydney, NSW

Service - not done correctly

Booked in for 24month Corolla express service over a week ago and instead of the Toyota Corolla 1.5 hr express Phil Gilberts is 2.5hrs which I was okay with.
All went well w.r.t. it was finished at 2.5 hrs and paid with nothing said about anything still or additional to be done.
BUT today I get an SMS that the back ordered part has arrived and found that the service was not carried out as one part specified to be replaced was not. So now I have to go back and get the part fitted that was part of the standard 24 month service.

terry e

terry eSydney, NSW

excellent service from lidcome toyota

professional ,very honest,and all about customer service i am so happy with whole team thank you and the lord bless you , value for money ,very happy with car and the advise

Tanvir H.

Tanvir H.Sydney, NSW

Lack of professionalism

I applied for Finance. After lot drama it was declined by Toyota fin n AutoMe. Elenita asked me to go for third one! I got my $500 back after 3weeks

mazza

mazzaSydney, NSW

Lidcombe service centre is the best!

Best service centre for Hyundai. Have been to other centres and they don't give you the time of day or actually listen to you, not to mention incompetent. Glenn the Service Manager at Lidcombe actually takes time out to hear what the issues are and customer service in general is exceptional.

Definitely recommend!

Stephen T.

Stephen T.Sydney, NSW

The purchase of our new Hyundai

Danny was recommended by a work colleague. He made us a deal that was too good to not accept. He’s polite and charismatic nature and professionalism made it comfortable in negotiating the prefect deal. This Is the second time that I have purchased a car from Phil Gilbert Motor Group in Croydon and would strongly recommend Danny. But the rest of the staff were also funny and polite. Don’t over look these guys if you are in the market. Thank you Danny. We can’t wait till we can come back and pick up our car.

Bill

BillSydney, NSW

Absolutely appalled

Generally Poor service

I dealt with Dave Liutai and purchased a car from Phil Gilbert Toyota. However the entire sales process was difficult.

He wasn’t able to return calls I left, couldn’t reply to emails, and couldn’t even send me a copy of the sales contract once the sale was completed. As soon as I deposited the money into their account it was as if Dave vanished.

Extremely poor service and a terrible way to do business. I could never recommend this business to anyone.

StephanieSydney, NSW

I had a good experience!

I test drove vehicles at both Croydon and Lidcome. I had good experience with all 3 staff that helped me. There was a young guy (so sorry , i can't remember name ! ) who had only been there 2 months , test drove an Orange Corolla, and he was super helpful - full of tips and good advice. I ended up buying a Corolla from the original Phil Gilbert In Croydon as i missed a deal in Lidcome for hesitating , Fery was the sales guy and was very patient and helpful. I would highly recommend both centres for car sales !

James B.

James B.

Rude and incompetent spare parts department

Worst customer service ever
Oxygen thieves the whole lot of them from the management down
Criminal lack of understanding regarding proper treatment of not only customers but humans in general
Pathetic business

Saaket S.

Saaket S.Sydney, NSW

Worst service ever. Rude rude rude staff

The staff is very very rude and non-cooperative. They showed me one car and when I asked for another car, the guy went in and never came back. It was very very disappointing experience and I will never go back

Sarah J

Sarah JSydney

Overcharging and poor service

Service staff at Croydon were not interested. Tried to make me get a new battery when it wasnt needed, but didnt have the break pads that were required for major service

Dj Appolo Entertainment

Store LocationPhil Gilbert Toyota Lidcombe
Manni

ManniSYDNEY

Very bad customer service

Bought a new car was very bad customer service and bad delivery process, will never use this dealer again. If anything happens while buying a car or after delivery they will blame you if anything goes wrong in paper work or with anything else.

Chandra Senaratne

Chandra Senaratneasked

Is Phil Gilbert Toyota in Lidcombe a trustworthy and reliable company

Truthserum

Hell no are you crazy your better off waiting for the second coming. They are charlatans and think in their screwed up demented reality that they are doing us a favour by letting us purchase a vehicle, in fact the moment you speak up about their crappy service they threaten to cancel the deal despite taking your deposit Phil Gilbert Toyota aka Scum bag Toyota

Mousso D.

Mousso D.asked

I was really interested in a car at lidcombe but now reading all the reviews from Phil Gilbert customers I think I’ll just go else where

Stephanie

Hi Mousso - i bought my lovely Corolla from here and had absolutely no problem - in fact the opposite. Great team . I would b cautious with peoples negative reviews... people like to complain more than write the good stuff! Good luck, Stephanie

Stefan L.

Strongly advise you to stay away from Phil Gilbert Lidcombe. Extremely poor customer service and ZERO after sales support.

Victim of PG Conman
Victim of PG Conman

Your private data is not safe with Phil Gilbert - our family have had a horrible experience with one of their salesman Keith Christian - do not go near them!!!

Get an answer from our members and Phil Gilbert representatives