Phil & Teds Smart

• Ease of Packing & Storage
Bevv

BevvMelbourne

Best pram ever!

We bought this pram to take on our subsequently cancelled european holiday as it would have fitted in overhead cabin on the plane. Instead we have used it on a daily basis and it is brilliant, it can be pushed easily one handed and doesn't veer in unwanted directions, I can run pushing it too. It is so easy to fold up and unfold, it can be done in 2 seconds. It folds up so small and compact. It is also super robust - I push my kid round muddy horse paddocks every day and it goes over and through mud and lumps so easily! It is also easy to clean :)

Purchased in October 2019 at Baby Bunting for $299.00.

Kristy

KristyFar North Queensland, QLD

6 kids and this is my favourite pram

Purchased in March 2020.

Mel Vicary

Mel VicaryDarwin, Northern Territory

The best pram/stroller I've ever had!

I have 3 boys so had 3 totally different prams. The last one was this Phil & Teds Smart Buggy. It was by far the best prams/stroller I've ever had and even tested out few others that my friends had. So lightweight, easy to maneuver even with just with one hand esp through the shopping malls, quick easy fold and caught a lot of attention (stylish). We had it from newborn til my son is around 3yrs old and even survived through dirt road lol. My only complaint is the handle wasn't long enough for my 6"4 husband (which I'm hoping they fix in the newer models). Over 6yrs later we're finally having a girl and I'm in search for this same one but it seemed hard to get it in Australia again.

Jon-Candice Cianci

Jon-Candice CianciSouth East Queensland, QLD

I hate it!

I loved the look and compactness of the stroller at first sight, I even have had many people comment on what a cute and good looking stroller it is. Unfortunately it doesn’t deliver with practicality. It is almost impossible to manoeuvre and requires constant effort, adjustment and thought. The separate handles add a flimsiness and unreliability to each movement and a unnatural hand position. It only has two reclines which are almost the same, and is a impossible stroller for baby to have a nap in. My daughter tantrumed non-stop in this stroller so it must’ve been as uncomfortable for her as it was for me to push!

Sophie

Sophiesydney

Smart 2016 model

This was my first pram purchase ever, so I have nothing to compare my experience to, but I can offer my thoughts after using this pram wth a newborn for a few weeks (when I don't use a baby carrier).

Pros: was easy to assemble, with illustrated booklet and video on the website. The live customer support on the site was great when I struggled with the foot fold. The sunhood extends more than most prams, and I like the clear panel in the top so you can keep an eye on your little one. I have also purchased a storm cover and sun cover as extras.

Cons: Weighs about 10kg, an issue for me because I live on the top floor of a building with no lifts. Not an issue if you live on the ground floor or own a car.

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
S Haddad

S HaddadSydney

Easy and light

Easy to fold and carry around. I kept this one in the back of the car for shopping mall visits as our other pram was too large and bulky. It’s light and easy to push. Turning circle is average. It survived 4 years with my little girls and more than served its purpose.

Dee

DeeSydney

My fav stroller'

Researched a lot of prams but absolutely loving this one! It's light and the wheels maneuver great!! It's easy to fold, nice padding inside for baby, the quality has been amazing! I would purchase again in a heartbeat, I bought the pink colour, it's very cute not cheap looking. Recommend to all new mothers!

Arefin

ArefinSydney

Could be better

We bought it for our son. Just after 8 months the handle became little bit loose. The tyres could be better. When we bought it, it looked sturdy but just after 7-8 months of light use, it looked very frail. We bought it at $500 from toys r us. Not so happy with this stroller. Won't buy again. Only good thing is it has a lot of riding options.

Red FoxWinchester UK

Best buggy ever

Mama J

Mama JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect lightweight and versatile travel system

I bought this for my 2nd baby, with juggling two kids in mind, and it's perfect! As a travel system for the capsule it's so lightweight - I haven't seen any other pram that does this without the stroller seat still attached - and quick and easy to use. I can also swap out the parts (seat, peanut bassinet, or capsule) in only a few seconds, so easy!
Mine is the v2 (handlebars are connected, not separated, and the seat is softer plastic), and I think they've fixed a lot of the problems others have mentioned. I've had no problems at all and use it daily.

Tanni

GMFOXColac, Victoria

Regretful purchase

Really disappointed

• Selected Review

Looks wonderful, average performance.

Tash

Tashasked

Hi, is there anywhere online I can purchase colour sun hoods and seats? It seems they no longer stock them on their website and I can’t find them anywhere

Kaitlin G.

Kaitlin G.asked

Hi so i just bought a second hand smart lux. I have own a Toyota corolla hatchback and I cannot fit the stroller in the boot of my car. Did anyone else have these issues? I don't want to get rid of the pram because it is perfect in what it does just the length of it is a struggle since I cannot adjusted the arms on it to fit.

Terriasked

Hi I just bought a second hand smart buggy and when I attempted to fold it up the lever on the basket come off completely. How do I put it on?

Red Fox

lever? that aluminium bar at the back between two back wheels ? or the top little little one which is on the top of the buggy?

Terri

Hi thanks for your reply.
It is the actual foot fold that collapses the pram. I put my foot on it and. It fell off the pram there was also a spring inside the mechanism that came out of it,
I now have a pram I can't fold and am unable to attach the foot fold mechanism.

Get an answer from our members and Phil & Teds representatives

Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Seating TypeTandem
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg
Seat OrientationReversible
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Suspension and Under-seat Storage