Phil & Teds Smart

Phil & Teds Smart

See the Best 4-Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mel Vicary

Mel VicaryDarwin, Northern Territory

The best pram/stroller I've ever had!

I have 3 boys so had 3 totally different prams. The last one was this Phil & Teds Smart Buggy. It was by far the best prams/stroller I've ever had and even tested out few others that my friends had. So lightweight, easy to maneuver even with just with one hand esp through the shopping malls, quick easy fold and caught a lot of attention (stylish). We had it from newborn til my son is around 3yrs old and even survived through dirt road lol. My only complaint is the handle wasn't long enough for my 6"4 husband (which I'm hoping they fix in the newer models). Over 6yrs later we're finally having a girl and I'm in search for this same one but it seemed hard to get it in Australia again.

Jon-Candice Cianci

Jon-Candice CianciGold Coast, Queensland

I hate it!

I loved the look and compactness of the stroller at first sight, I even have had many people comment on what a cute and good looking stroller it is. Unfortunately it doesn’t deliver with practicality. It is almost impossible to manoeuvre and requires constant effort, adjustment and thought. The separate handles add a flimsiness and unreliability to each movement and a unnatural hand position. It only has two reclines which are almost the same, and is a impossible stroller for baby to have a nap in. My daughter tantrumed non-stop in this stroller so it must’ve been as uncomfortable for her as it was for me to push!

Sophie

Sophiesydney

Smart 2016 model

This was my first pram purchase ever, so I have nothing to compare my experience to, but I can offer my thoughts after using this pram wth a newborn for a few weeks (when I don't use a baby carrier).

Pros: was easy to assemble, with illustrated booklet and video on the website. The live customer support on the site was great when I struggled with the foot fold. The sunhood extends more than most prams, and I like the clear panel in the top so you can keep an eye on your little one. I have also purchased a storm cover and sun cover as extras.

Cons: Weighs about 10kg, an issue for me because I live on the top floor of a building with no lifts. Not an issue if you live on the ground floor or own a car.

S Haddad

S HaddadSydney

Easy and light

Easy to fold and carry around. I kept this one in the back of the car for shopping mall visits as our other pram was too large and bulky. It’s light and easy to push. Turning circle is average. It survived 4 years with my little girls and more than served its purpose.

Dee

DeeSydney

My fav stroller'

Researched a lot of prams but absolutely loving this one! It's light and the wheels maneuver great!! It's easy to fold, nice padding inside for baby, the quality has been amazing! I would purchase again in a heartbeat, I bought the pink colour, it's very cute not cheap looking. Recommend to all new mothers!

Arefin

ArefinSydney

Could be better

We bought it for our son. Just after 8 months the handle became little bit loose. The tyres could be better. When we bought it, it looked sturdy but just after 7-8 months of light use, it looked very frail. We bought it at $500 from toys r us. Not so happy with this stroller. Won't buy again. Only good thing is it has a lot of riding options.

Red FoxWinchester UK

Best buggy ever

Mama J

Mama JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect lightweight and versatile travel system

I bought this for my 2nd baby, with juggling two kids in mind, and it's perfect! As a travel system for the capsule it's so lightweight - I haven't seen any other pram that does this without the stroller seat still attached - and quick and easy to use. I can also swap out the parts (seat, peanut bassinet, or capsule) in only a few seconds, so easy!
Mine is the v2 (handlebars are connected, not separated, and the seat is softer plastic), and I think they've fixed a lot of the problems others have mentioned. I've had no problems at all and use it daily.

TanniDarwin

GMFOXColac, Victoria

Regretful purchase

Really disappointed

• Selected Review

Looks wonderful, average performance.

Samantha3737

Samantha3737Sydney

Best stroller I ever owned!

Tash

TashGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this pram!

Breaks are faulty

In the first 3months, the breaks locked up several times. It then proceeded to make a clicking noise when being pushed along. I know 4 other people who have experienced the same issue, after contacting phil&teds they offered no exchange, no repair or any other form of compensation. One year after purchasing the pram I rarely use it as the clicking break is just too annoying. It's a real shame as it is an easy to use pram for everyday around town use. Definitely not recommended for walking or long distance use.
Easy to use and easy to clean.
The breaks are faulty

MelZ

MelZWellington

Great compact stroller

I borrowed the smart to take on holiday because I wanted something compact and light. The smart was great because it fitted easily into our tiny rental car boot and was easy to transport. The seat is a good height which is important when you have a 2 yo who is tall for his age. He was comfy and happily sat while we cruised the shops. The stroller is narrow which makes dodging people in crowded spaces easy. I loved the generous hood to keep the sun out. I like that you can get the smart in different colours. It's definitely a stroller that you feel proud to push. You wouldn't get it for bush walking but great for urban areas.
Compact and light
Not all terrain

Honestreviews27

Honestreviews27AU

Invaluable purchase

Of all our baby purchases, this has been the one item we could not have lived without. Baby has safely slept in the peanut, saving us from buying a separate bassinet. Our Safe n Sound capsule clicks into the stroller straight from the car, making shopping trips a breeze. The infant insert from our capsule adapts perfectly to the stroller seat, combined with the verso adapters our newborn is snug & cosy.
An adaptation or attachment for every baby transport need you could think of
The handles are a little low for me, making long walks uncomfortable on my back

nicky18

Does anyone know which buggy board fits to the smart stroller? I cant find this online anywhere. Also does anyone have experience of a buggy board and whether your feet catch it while walking and u have to walk funny or to the side? Thanks

Elizabeth Luck

Elizabeth LuckAU

Love My Smart

MrsB
MrsB

Hi Elizabeth,
Can you please tell me what travel system you use with this pram? Thanks.

Kiwimum16

Kiwimum16SINGAPORE

I love this little stroller

Kaitlin G.

Kaitlin G.asked

Hi so i just bought a second hand smart lux. I have own a Toyota corolla hatchback and I cannot fit the stroller in the boot of my car. Did anyone else have these issues? I don't want to get rid of the pram because it is perfect in what it does just the length of it is a struggle since I cannot adjusted the arms on it to fit.

Terriasked

Hi I just bought a second hand smart buggy and when I attempted to fold it up the lever on the basket come off completely. How do I put it on?

Red Fox

lever? that aluminium bar at the back between two back wheels ? or the top little little one which is on the top of the buggy?

Terri

Hi thanks for your reply.
It is the actual foot fold that collapses the pram. I put my foot on it and. It fell off the pram there was also a spring inside the mechanism that came out of it,
I now have a pram I can't fold and am unable to attach the foot fold mechanism.

Mich

Michasked

Is the single style handle bar height adjustable?

Tanni

No, it is not height adjustable.

Get an answer from our members and Phil & Teds representatives